GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

• Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 947 comments

Are you happy with the content in this update?

• Total voters
How significant are the changes to the aero model, are top speeds more realistic than they were before?

My top speed at Suzuka yesterday prior to update in a stock Mustang Cobra R was 145 mph and today after update the best I got was 144 mph. Are you referring to hypercars like the Veyron?

My top speed at Suzuka yesterday prior to update in a stock Mustang Cobra R was 145 mph and today after update the best I got was 144 mph. Are you referring to hypercars like the Veyron?
I think it was a general thing, the drag didn't increase at a fast enough rate at high speeds so most cars ended up having unrealistic top speeds (i.e. 205+ mph from a stock M4).

Not every car needs additional camber and so you may actually be hurting a car's performance by adding it. Camber is a setting that works in conjunction with every other suspension setting, and there is no perfect one size fits all solution, just as with so many other things.

Needs additional? No, not all do. However any car that had a default setting that was negative camber (Ie just about all of them) would have lost grip due to the faulty physics. Now if working properly that grip should return therefore every car should be faster and easier to drive.

I think this is so far due to only having added camber to an existing tune as opposed to working it in with other settings. I'm pretty sure it will give an overall benefit when the cars are re-tuned to work with the camber added into the mix. But time will tell.

I agree, most of our setups to date have been adjusted to not have camber and work. Simply adding camber will most likely not show a benefit. (It may on some)

All the suspension parts work together, thus starting over from scratch is imminent.

I'm not sure if this has been said because im not reading (16) pages of posts, if you had an untuned car and you go into a tuning prohibited online lobby, you might not be allowed on the track untill you go to the car settings and click "reset to default" on the suspension settings.

I agree, most of our setups to date have been adjusted to not have camber and work. Simply adding camber will most likely not show a benefit. (It may on some)

All the suspension parts work together, thus starting over from scratch is imminent.
It's going to be a lot of work that's for sure and I don't mind but I'm hoping a little reverse engineering might do it.

There are a few problems with the reset button, for instance the 2013 Deltawing won't allow you to reset the suspension, a few other random cars were like this but I cannot remember them at the moment.

I'm not sure whether this was before but today after the update I noticed that once the car gets lifted up in GT Auto, the car's springs extend and the wheels hang down like they should do. Again, not sure if this was present before.

There was a mention that they fixed the T500RS sync but nothing in the thread. I have problems with mine losing the rotation angle settings at every opportunity (game start, qualifying start, race start, pit exit etc.). If PD are going to force it without any option to change it they could at least pick a sensible setting (like not setting the Lotus F1 to 1040 at Monza).

There are a few problems with the reset button, for instance the 2013 Deltawing won't allow you to reset the suspension, a few other random cars were like this but I cannot remember them at the moment.

The 2012 Deltawing is the same way. Though I will say after driving it and the R8 LMS Ultra, PD has really made MR cars a lot better with 1.09. :)

Also has anyone heard from @Whistle Snap yet?

I'm not sure if this has been said because im not reading (16) pages of posts, if you had an untuned car and you go into a tuning prohibited online lobby, you might not be allowed on the track untill you go to the car settings and click "reset to default" on the suspension settings.

Best thing to do is go to Setting B or C. The car becomes stock then. You may have to double check settings to make sure. This way you can keep your original settings.

When rallying, the force feedback from my wheel is a lot less violent. Getting some very odd pitching (is that the right word?) when landing from a jump which I never had before, like the car bounces at a weird angle and spears into the fence. Stock Subaru Impeza 03, before and after update.

How exactly is lightning improved there?

Also, I'm a little confused about the water spray thing: I did an arcade race on the Nürburgring Nordschleife with 9 other Lotus F1s on rain yesterday. There DEFINITELY was spray.
Although I did an A-Spec race with 14 or 16 cars on Nürburging 24h some time ago and there was no rain spray indeed.

It's gotten brighter. Before 1.09 when you started the Nurb 24min race your headlights where already on, but now they come on after the race starts. And there hasn't been any kind of water spray on the Nurb 24min before 1.09 but now there is.

I don't know about any other races in A-Spec or Arcade but the Nurb 24min race didn't have any water spray before 1.09.

Finally got to install this wonderful update. For my first run on RBR, I took the Lotus 97T for a quick spin with all assists off and first thing I noticed was that the FFB seemed weaker (DFGT here). The car felt much grippier also. I tried resetting it to stock settings using the new option but nothing changed.

Can anyone confirm this? Or is this another placebo effect and I'm going crazy? The lack of feel is really odd though...

When I did the VW Vision GT Seasonal Event this morning.. I saw a lot of screen tearing. I do not often race that track so maybe I am wrong but it seemed a bit more than usual. Anyone?

No, a dog clutch only refers to the syncros used, they can and do have clutches. This works perfectly fine with premium cars so why not the standards. Its definitely a bug.

Ok. I only know what I've read on here, and apparently I misread. I've never installed a FC transmission on any car in GT6 (and don't plan to) so my ignorance is apparent. It's amazing how few of these bugs effect you when you only race cars in stock form. :D

I'm not really sure about the camber...

Tried the stock (default) camber VS 0 on R18 and was able to take Porsche curves faster with 0 camber.

Felt the car understeering with default settings.

That was a very short test and I haven't played in a while though. Waiting for the pros to chime in.

Best thing to do is go to Setting B or C. The car becomes stock then. You may have to double check settings to make sure. This way you can keep your original settings.
No, you have to hit result to default before you can enter the track in an online tuning prohibited lobby or it will say tuning prohibited

Feels like brake sensitivity has been adjusted (less sensitive). Noticeable with ABS 0, using G27.
Really have to plant my foot to get 100% braking, now it uses most of the pedal travel. Before update, only had to press it half way down for 100%.

Back