GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

• Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 947 comments

Are you happy with the content in this update?

• Total voters
For me the T500RS FFB changes dwarf everything else, even the new track. It's like a completely new wheel in feel now, and not necessarily for the better. Although the centering spring does seem to help me in terms of lap times.

I've written up my thoughts in the T500RS mega thread....

Yeah it was instantly apparent to me, I noticed the change in the first few seconds. I am going to reserve judgement on it. I hated it at first, they have made the wheel snap back with weight transfer when drifting just like it does in Assetto Corsa which I also didn't really like the feel of. Its quite a bit harder to catch a slide now, but this maybe a simple case of me not being used to it yet.

I'll give it time. It makes it feel like there has been a dramatic change in physics.

It really sucks that PD didn't even try to attempt to make these new cars sound remotely close to what they sound like IRL (with the exception of the Volkswagen which isn't real [but still could sound better]). All that time spent modeling these cars and you can't even take the time to record them?

Better sounds require more sounds. More sound sources requires more RAM. So tell me what features should be cut (less cars on track for example) so you can have better sounds?

Doh, double post. Really nobody posting in 14mins?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also believe that PD chose graphics and physics over the sounds due to the RAM issue. The platform is the quantity that is holding back the "complete" game. If they were building the game for a PC, it would be blowing people away with everything they want. The PS4 platform will leave people :bowdown: to PD and company as it is a much more capable machine compared to the PS3. Sad but true. I am still beyond happy with GT6 and know that I will be falling out of my sim when PD drops a game for the PS4 (whether it is the rumored GT6 launch prior to GT7 or just GT7 (source E3).

Can anyone confirm whether the AI behaviour in the A-Spec 600PP race has changed? I ran the race five times yesterday with different opponents and not once saw the AI overshoot at the hairpin as it usually did at least once per lap.

Not sure anyone else noticed this but the lighting is kind of annoying especially on an artificially lit course like Daytona Road, at night the lights as you pass by aren't smoothly transitioning they it's doing this almost strobe like effect which is incredibly annoying especially when using cockpit view. It's like when the next light is up the one already casting a shadow just shuts off like a light switch as the new one casts a shadow. Try it and see what I'm referring to Daytona road at night, I have never seen it like this before.

I'm 95% certain that this has been like this long before this update (on Daytone, at least).
I assume it's limited to the two closest light sources casting interior shadows at the same time (for performance reasons). Since the lamps are so close to each other on that track, it's most noticeable there.

Can anyone confirm whether the AI behaviour in the A-Spec 600PP race has changed? I ran the race five times yesterday with different opponents and not once saw the AI overshoot at the hairpin as it usually did at least once per lap.
I can confirm the AI spun out of second place at the 24 minutes of LeMans race in an Audi R8 LMP car and overshot the Porsche curves in another race in the Nissan R89C LMP car. Not positive on the event you are mentioning, but I witnessed two mistakes in two differnent races. It was however, night time and damp but drying track conditions.

The NASCAR community seem up in flames after this update.
Only in:
maxresdefault.jpg

I noticed that AI is consistently faster in the Red Bull standard races. I race the series regularly for grinding and know the winning times by heart. I have done four rounds since 1.09 and always had faster times by the AI.

I also believe that PD chose graphics and physics over the sounds due to the RAM issue. The platform is the quantity that is holding back the "complete" game. If they were building the game for a PC, it would be blowing people away with everything they want. The PS4 platform will leave people :bowdown: to PD and company as it is a much more capable machine compared to the PS3. Sad but true. I am still beyond happy with GT6 and know that I will be falling out of my sim when PD drops a game for the PS4 (whether it is the rumored GT6 launch prior to GT7 or just GT7 (source E3).

I remember reading exactly the same posts in 2006/2007 about the allmighty PS3.

OT: Holy ****, I just realized GT5P is over 7 years old now, I feel so old...

GT5 was 1080p (when in 2D mode) and 720p (in 3D mode) as well. GT6's 3D mode is also 720p, it isn't interlaced. From what I could gather, it seems these lines only affect my left-eye image, which would indicate a bug. I'll check the game once I get home for lunch.

I've got my PS3 set to 720p to match my Beamer's resolution - 3D works flawlessly, though image quality is of course lower than in 2D mode. I guess mainly because there's no antialiasing in 3D. GT6 looks damn pretty in 2D, but 3D is so much more immersive so I stick with that.

Indeed, but now on the V-Type layout from what I've heard. Jesus PD...:rolleyes:

I just did an arcade race (10 cars) and rain spray was there.
Maybe it's disabled on races with a higher car count and/or online races.
-----------------------------
Something I have noticed during that race:

After the rain has stopped and the track dried out (it said 0% wetness), there still was water spray when leaving the ideal line. Grip reduction on wet track/track edge was set to real.

Was it like this before this update? I didn't do many rain races, so I wouldn't know.

Last edited:
I also believe that PD chose graphics and physics over the sounds due to the RAM issue.

Oh come on now :) , it was never RAM issue.....it is their samples.... Games in Ps2 had better sounds than the GT games.
They have to improve their sound department.Samples are wrong, no matter if PS3 had 10 yottabytes of RAM .

Don`t get me wrong I love GT series I am not complaining , but I hear RAM issues for years now .There are other PS3 games that can both do graphics and sound :) :)

I noticed a bug this morning. I did a 30-lap nonstop (almost) driftstint at Trial mountain (reverse I think). Had good fun and all was well. After the original host left, things got worse(as usual), so I left and joined another room. This time at Autumn Ring Mini (I think this also was reverse. Going uphill towards the finishline). Drifting at this track was awful. Like having TC,SFR and ASM all turned to 12. It was a pain to drift, and some other guys thought the same.

I got offline to try the same track, and it was all good. Got back online, found the same room and it was still awful. I planned on getting into another room with the same track to check it out, but when I realized the clock was 2:30 in the morning I went to bed instead.

Anyone else had this experience?

The Autumn room was hosted by a Canadian but the Trial Mountain room was hosted by an American, so I doubt it was because of us being on the opposite sides of the world.

Oh come on now :) , it was never RAM issue.....it is their samples.... Games in Ps2 had better sounds than the GT games.
They have to improve their sound department.Samples are wrong, no matter if PS3 had 10 yottabytes of RAM .

Don`t get me wrong I love GT series I am not complaining , but I hear RAM issues for years now .There are other PS3 games that can both do graphics and sound :) :)

GT games include PS2 games. There is a fact to start with. And there IS a RAM issue. Really listen to any game you consider has good sound. There isn't one single sound sample (and logically how could there be), there are many and you trigger different sounds at different points in the rev range or depending on different actions. GT games just seem to have less sound samples period. To put more you you need RAM and I don't believe for a second that they have left spare RAM anywhere. Do you?

Only in America
I'm French, and I am SUPER PISSED, and so is everyone in European lobbies I talked to yesterday. Oh and my friend from Australia was even more pissed than me, seeing he didn't even bother trying to adjust his setup and switched to another game.

There is a NASCAR community?
you realize Daytona is the only track where a room is ALWAYS open? oh and check above, there are lots of Oz NASCAR racers... I take it you don't know who Marcos Ambrose is? shame as he might just win this Sunday!

Last edited:

Could you point out another game on PS3 that attempts 60fps at 1080p and still manages to have good sounds? Those two benchmarks alone require lots of RAM, not to mention the high poly count cars.

Oh you mean like in real NASCAR (and other forms of racing) where setups change by the hour depending on ambient and track temp, wind direction, surface condition, and a ton of other variables?

You'll live and you'll get better at setting up and driving cars as a result.
are you serious right now??

-NASCARs use POSITIVE camber on the left side wheels, and can be tuned wheel by wheel, not only rear and front
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...7aHFfWAKCM&ei=IMOiU5yFBLCz0QWNzICYBA&tbm=isch

-left side and right side tires have different circumference (except on road courses): http://www.jayski.com/news/races/2014/story/_/page/15-Michigan-2014-NASCAR-Race-Info#goodyear

-you can change tire cold pressure, caster angle, etc. Transmissions are not tuneable in NASCARs

All of this isn't possible with GT6, yet a far inferior game like NASCAR 2014 has all these features... so, since we're SO LIMITED in what we're able to do, we are right to be pissed off for losing half a second to a second per (44 second) lap ETA: because our cars became quite undriveable and it ruined the racing.

We just want our old nascar back... camber being supposedly fixed shouldn't break it.

Last edited:

-NASCARs use POSITIVE camber on the left side wheels, and can be tuned wheel by wheel, not only rear and front
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...7aHFfWAKCM&ei=IMOiU5yFBLCz0QWNzICYBA&tbm=isch

-left side and right side tires have different circumference (except on road courses): http://www.jayski.com/news/races/2014/story/_/page/15-Michigan-2014-NASCAR-Race-Info#goodyear

-you can change tire cold pressure, caster angle, etc. Transmissions are not tuneable in NASCARs

All of this isn't possible with GT6, yet a far inferior game like NASCAR 2014 has all these features... so, since we're SO LIMITED in what we're able to do, we are right to be pissed off for losing half a second to a second per (44 second) lap.

We just want our old nascar back, stop fixing what isn't broken PDI!

But if everyone is half a second to a second slower, then why does it matter?

GT games include PS2 games. There is a fact to start with. And there IS a RAM issue. Really listen to any game you consider has good sound. There isn't one single sound sample (and logically how could there be), there are many and you trigger different sounds at different points in the rev range or depending on different actions. GT games just seem to have less sound samples period. To put more you you need RAM and I don't believe for a second that they have left spare RAM anywhere. Do you?

That's totally wrong mate...from a different angle just lets say the Subaru anyone for argument sake. say they use a mp3 for the sound and the subarus sounds take 10meg of mp3. Now the recording inside that ten meg file was recorded at a fixed bitrate as in 10 sec of audio will produce a 10meg file. If I dunno Maria Carey made the noises of a Subaru and then got a five year old kid to do Subaru sounds and recorded both who do you think would most probably get the tone right, its whats contained in the file not the file itself.

The fact is what ever sounds they use is not correct , as with the case with the Subaru if they did record an actual Subaru they must have use a potato for a microphone trust me as a owner of one for 5 years I know every squeak they make a lough I don't own it anymore that sound imprinted into my soul

we are right to be pissed off for losing half a second to a second per (44 second) lap.

I don't really understand why losing half a second is such a bad thing when everybody does it? It's not like your competitors didn't lose the same amount in the update?

And wouldn't really call it "fixing something that isn't broken" since camber have been one of the things most complained about since the release..

All of this isn't possible with GT6, yet a far inferior game like NASCAR 2014 has all these features... so, since we're SO LIMITED in what we're able to do, we are right to be pissed off for losing half a second to a second per (44 second) lap.

NASCAR 2014 only has to replicate NASCAR races. GT games are fer broader in their remit.

Latest Posts

Back