GT7 Apparently September 2024 Update Prediction

• Thread starter Dbwasson
  • 423 comments
I think My First GT will answer quite a few of the community's questions, even if it does so unintentionally. It's just such a weird thing to have exist. Curated demos being a thing at all are rare these days, but a new curated demo for a two-and-a-half year old game that's sold 95% of the copies it ever will is unique I'm pretty sure. And I feel like it's a lot of work just for a PS 30th anniversary thing, so there's got to be something to it.
I’m not sure I’d make that claim considering the title is consistently in the top 20 PSN/Retail charts. Let’s say GT7 has sold 10m to date, they’d expect to sell another 5m+ over the lifespan of the game. It’s like a Mario Kart situation where the title will continue to sell to new console buyers until a sequel is released.

GT7 is the first numbered GT where PD can take advantage of online updates and lean into Spec updates or seasons. They’re learning on the job and plans may have changed in this turbulent videogame market.

Last edited:
GT7 is the first numbered GT where PD can take advantage of online updates and lean into Spec updates or seasons. They’re learning on the job and plans may have changed in this turbulent videogame market.
You know the PS3 was capable of all of this and they did online updates, spec updates and seasonal content on both games for that console, right? It's not new to them at all.
Even excluding that you had the whole existence of GTS in which they could've 'learnt' with that, as they also did all of that there.

Last edited:
I think there have been updates where there's not much notice until the more formal update notice that's typically posted on the official website, about a day or two before the actual update. I also hope that the PS5 Pro update doesn't include notable features that PS4 owners miss out on unless it makes sense from a hardware perspective, such as the Sophy content.

Five and Six would like a word, especially since GT5 introduced the concept of Spec 2.0.
I think there have been updates where there's not much notice until the more formal update notice that's typically posted on the official website, about a day or two before the actual update. I also hope that the PS5 Pro update doesn't include notable features that PS4 owners miss out on unless it makes sense from a hardware perspective, such as the Sophy content.
If memory serves, the only content update that didn't have a teaser silhouette X/Twitter post from Kaz was the first, while only twice have the teaser posts been pushed as late as Monday (Japan time, once on Tuesday).

We are in the last part of the month and I don't think they will drop an udpate a couple of days before a live event (not 100% sure, but I don't recall PD releasing an update just a few days before any GTWS event)

Last edited:
Kaz will really need to address the community if there's no update this month, and will also have to ramp up the amount of content missed out on.

I’d just like the physics patch to get finished up, and the wicked oscillations at speed fixed. Gr2 at speed gets kinda nasty with my settings and given the logitech folks have the same issue it’s very likely pd/sony’s issue. Not logitech/fanatec’s.

I’d just like the physics patch to get finished up, and the wicked oscillations at speed fixed. Gr2 at speed gets kinda nasty with my settings and given the logitech folks have the same issue it’s very likely pd/sony’s issue. Not logitech/fanatec’s.
Well, I've got some good news for you: with a distinct setup for GT1/2 high downforce cars, you can pretty much erase all of these oscillations. Are you on a GT DD Pro?

Well, I've got some good news for you: with a distinct setup for GT1/2 high downforce cars, you can pretty much erase all of these oscillations. Are you on a GT DD Pro?

No ddX and i’ve mitigated it greatly by dropping int to zero. You can also drop For to about 60-80 but i run my wheel hard with in game settings of 10(9)-8 depending on the car so dropping a bunch of For doesn’t really work for me. This makes things ok up to gr3’s. A little oscillation at speed but surfable. Gr2 still is a bit too aggressive though. Particularly if im using my smaller f2 esportsv2 yoke. Like knock the earbuds of the psvr2 from my ears kinda fun. 😂

Kaz will really need to address the community if there's no update this month, and will also have to ramp up the amount of content missed out on.
Kaz and the dev team after reading this:

lmao-crying-laughing.gif

We are in the last part of the month and I don't think they will drop an udpate a couple of days before a live event (not 100% sure, but I don't recall PD releasing an update just a few days before any GTWS event)
It's actually more common than not doing so.

Of the six live events in GT7's lifetime, four have had an update within four days prior to the event. The last one was even the last event: 1.50, which wasn't a content update, arrived three days before the Prague event on August 7...

Neither Montreal nor the Barcelona 2023 final had updates immediately before them, but Amsterdam (1.36, August 7 2023), Monaco (1.26, November 24 2022), and Hangar-7 (1.19, July 28 2022) all had content updates in the four days before. 1.26 was even the day before; I vaguely recall pre-writing it and finishing it off in Newcastle Airport.

Still no silhouttes, very low chance now we get anything for september, they might showcase something bigger for either tokyo gameshow or the tokyo live events, for release late october, that would mean a 3 month gap witch would be the longest gap between updates by far. Then we would need to get a big update with at least 6-7 cars, maybe new track, more expanded sophy ai, given we are so close to 2 big events this week, might mean pd might want to wait and reveal something bigger for next month.

I don't think that's as big a deal as people make out.

The 2022 Showdown, 2022 finals and 2023 Showdown all had updates the Thursday immediately before the weekend they were hosted.
Thanks, evidently, I haven't been paying attention to these updates as much as I used to!

I'd like to think that there will be at least 2 more content updates this year (but if there isn't, not a huge deal)... There are two more live events, which occasionally have a VGT reveal. I don't know if My First GT will be released in conjunction with any other new content, but that could be an interesting opportunity to do so.

The real question at this point is: will the next content update make up for this 3 month gap we'll supposedly have to wait? Honestly, I don't mind waiting longer if it all compensates at the end.

This is a simple piece of information dataminers could provide us, as it won't reveal anything specific and at the same time should make us all a little less anxious.

Last edited:
I don’t mind content getting skipped here and there but having to wait for content to get game fixes implemented is frustrating. Then again, they may just not have figured out the final physics remedies. Although, it sure feels as if a few decimal places are wrong, as opposed to things needing a massive rework..

🤷‍♂️

The real question at this point is: will the next content update make up for this 3 month gap we'll supposedly have to wait? Honestly, I don't mind waiting longer if it all compensates at the end.

This is a simple piece of information dataminers could provide us, as it won't reveal anything specific and at the same time should make us all a little less anxious.
That was addressed earlier in the thread already. What is visible for the next update is what has been visible since what was thought to be a regular August update.

Even then that doesn't dictate they're not working on anything outside of what is visible.

Back