GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

Never had to change my oil for anything less than a full hour of practice and races. I can't do a sector for more than 45 mins or so before taking a short break so I dont think I would have noticed a difference

What's the margin on the Nordschleiffe full lap?

Sector 1 was pretty hard with that POS car. Could only get gold by a tenth and it took me a while. Sectors 2 and 3 were easy. I stopped there.

R3V
What's the margin on the Nordschleiffe full lap?

Sector 1 was pretty hard with that POS car. Could only get gold by a tenth and it took me a while. Sectors 2 and 3 were easy. I stopped there.
Fastest time on my friends list is a 6:33.8, so not a whole lot.

Apparently a gold run of my abilities, is about .2 slower than PD's. I've got three tracks that I've golded the sectors, but when it comes to the full lap, I'm .2 from gold, and can not improve. I drove 197 miles at Trial Mountain, trying to knock off .2. Frustrating as hell to be that close, but might as well be an hour.

What's the deal with the Ford GT race car at Daytona. How can a car be that terrible to drive? I did a few laps before saying screw that. I'm going to put that off as long as I can.

I'm a big Ford fan so I had done Daytone before the new DLC. On the full track I was even with him after T1 (break with just the tiniest piece of curb on your left before it disappears) but lose him thru the middle section. Then on the exit of bus stop I catch up slightly (I think I entered the bus stop around 96mph, lift thru the straight to stabilize then stomp on the gas before the first apex). Took me like 40 mins or so to get silver and another 40 to get gold on a DualShock4. The other real important turn is the mid-section exit onto the straight.

Last edited:
MMX
What's the deal with the Ford GT race car at Daytona. How can a car be that terrible to drive? I did a few laps before saying screw that. I'm going to put that off as long as I can.
Seems like it has very very low rear wing. Don't ask it to brake and turn much at the same time and it's fine. I golded the full lap with a 1 second track limits penalty, but the Bus Stop sector took like 10 tries. 🤷‍♂️

Went into the Catalunya CE because it's a track I know particularly well for a number of reasons. Why does the Huracan handle as if it perpetually wants to spin at all times? I golded the first sector and immediately noped out of even going further after the doing the second sector three times.

It handles like 🤬. Imagine wanting to avoid purpose-built racing machines because they handle nothing like they're supposed to or that you'd expect. And, no, traction control doesn't fix the problem because it still handles like there's well over 800 horsepower going to the rear wheels at all times.

MMX
Apparently a gold run of my abilities, is about .2 slower than PD's. I've got three tracks that I've golded the sectors, but when it comes to the full lap, I'm .2 from gold, and can not improve. I drove 197 miles at Trial Mountain, trying to knock off .2. Frustrating as hell to be that close, but might as well be an hour.

turn time trial ghost on and set it like 2-3 seconds ahead of you so you can see break points and just copy it

Went into the Catalunya CE because it's a track I know particularly well for a number of reasons. Why does the Huracan handle as if it perpetually wants to spin at all times? I golded the first sector and immediately noped out of even going further after the doing the second sector three times.

It handles like 🤬. Imagine wanting to avoid purpose-built racing machines because they handle nothing like they're supposed to or that you'd expect. And, no, traction control doesn't fix the problem because it still handles like there's well over 800 horsepower going to the rear wheels at all times.
The Lambo is a very nasty diva, although I was able to handle it even better than the Ford in Daytona, only the Daytone is not nearly as demanding.

Driving to the Lambo.. my tip that works well with many comparable cars. as long as you can brake straight, you can go in with high braking power, but very importantly before turning in you have to significantly reduce your braking power but NOT release the brake completely... use Trailbrake for a very long time and sensitively and while you are still very light on the brake , carefully step on the gas again, so you always keep a certain "tension" on the drive axle. It helped me get clean.
TCS to 1 and brake to +2.

Last edited:

I did find the handling of the Huracan a little twitchy initially, but once I'd gotten used to its quirks the times came down, I ended up Golding the 1 Lap attack by around 1.5 secs, which at the start I thought I'd get nowhere near....

As much as I like the added challenge of Circuit Experience, my main bugbear is that the rewards don’t seem to match the increased difficulty. Getting gold on all sectors and the full lap totals up to around 45-55k for most circuits, while mid to late game races can match or exceed that figure with less time and difficulty.
Nah nurture gives 5mill for all gold. How is that not a good payout? Or 1 mill if you get all bronze. Super easy

Yes, it's in the settings menu before you start each Circuit Experience/License/Mission. The Demo ghost is the gold time, I have it offset 0.4, It really helps getting the golds.
A small correction.. the demo ghost is not the gold time, usually the ghost is ~1 second faster than gold. But that's exactly why he's a super help, because if you can stay close to him, then gold is within reach.

However, I often turn off the ghost entirely, including my own, as it sometimes blocks my view.

playing with a controller.
So far I was able to gold a few of the shorter tracks. Esspecially in Asia. Some felt almost too easy. Even a 1Mio one.
And then there are others and where I already feel after the first try of a sector that it's going to be impossible to beat.

And that's okay :D

I missed gold by .192 seconds on my first clean Nord lap, very painful.

Now I’m .008 seconds away from gold on colorado springs, but the jumps make it a pain in the ass.
That's not a bad thing to be honest on a track like the Nurburgring, once you have a time on the board even if it's a couple of seconds off what you need you have the split times to judge your pace against, the second lap comes a lot easier in my opinion.

I've struggled with a few tracks to get the gold times but eventually got them after a few attempts.

However I am struggling like crazy with the Autopolis 1 lap attack, my best time is 0.150 seconds off gold. I often find the car understeers into T1 so I usually judge my lap from that. If I manage to beat my best lap ghost through the first sector then I'll carry on with the lap but then it all seems to somehow fall apart in the final sector and I just cannot find those couple of tenths.

Does anyone have any set up tips for this one?

The best thing they have to do, it's ajust the time limit in relation with difficulty level we choose in options.

This way, people that want a real challenge will do it at hard time and people that just want a 100% completion or don't want throw his controller in the tv will do it at medium or easy.

Golded Sardegna Road last night all sectors and hot lap in about 25 mins ... the R18 is a weapon once you understand it's nuances, the level of downforce is insane. Nice fun credit grind to get 1 million aside from actually racing the WTC800 Sardegna event against AI.

Will get a few more tracks done this next week I think.

I quote everything.
I thought it was me. I hate that car. I can't gold the second and third sections of Catalunya, let alone the full lap.

On the other hand, 2 days ago I golded Interlagos at first attempt (and I was drunk as hell). Probably because the R35 is pretty well balanced.

Still struggling with golding Catalunya as well, the car is just horribly balanced. Had all the sectors golded but not for the full lap. Same with Le Mans but haven't went back to try it again for a couple weeks now. Not quite finding the pace for Autopolis as well and stuck at a silver full lap. I am not sure if its just my track knowledge/car setup makes some track a lot more of a struggle than others.

I also had some issue with Highspeed Ring though I put that down to really its a weird track and I ended up watching the demo to learn what line they used...

What are your settings for Daytona? I can't get any lower than 1:48.027

Last edited:
I don't actually remember if I played with the brake bias or something at all. I'm pretty sure I had TC at 1 because thats how I drive most GR3 cars. Not much else stood out to me. Main thing IIRC was to figure out what the actual track limit is for the bus stop since my normal line of trying to cut the exit curb keep getting me counted as off track(not even like going on the grass but just cut over the sharp point on the curb), and adjust my line through the busstop so you can get on the power as early as you can. Did a 47.4 in the end.

Nevermind, I did it.... 1:47.341

ABS full
TCS 1
No stability control
Countersteering low
Brake balance 0
Easy on the brakes exiting corners (more than usual)

I'm thinking counter steer assistance on strong is the way to go for deep forest. It may lose some time, but could save the lap.

All these circuit experiences should be much harder. Most of these golded easily using DS5 no assists, each one should take much longer to perfect and not first or second try.

PD need to bring back the Vettel challenge difficulty from GT5 and ban assists.

Still struggling with golding Catalunya as well, the car is just horribly balanced. Had all the sectors golded but not for the full lap. Same with Le Mans but haven't went back to try it again for a couple weeks now. Not quite finding the pace for Autopolis as well and stuck at a silver full lap. I am not sure if its just my track knowledge/car setup makes some track a lot more of a struggle than others.

I also had some issue with Highspeed Ring though I put that down to really its a weird track and I ended up watching the demo to learn what line they used...

BB = +2
ABS = normal
TCS = 1
No other Assists

For me the Key = Soft Trail Brake and before final lift of Brake set low Throttle and push it Software as well.

I'm thinking counter steer assistance on strong is the way to go for deep forest. It may lose some time, but could save the lap.
Look at this.. you dont need things like that. DON'T full lift Throttle you need all the Time a little bit Power an that Wheels.
Than its he runs a lot more stable.

Btw: sorry for Double Posts.

But i hope that helps.

Last edited:
Can anyone who got gold on La Sarthe circuit experience before the patch do me a favour and give sector 5 a quick try?

I've seen videos of people going flat through the Porsche curves with little issue. But it's seemingly impossible when I try it. Even with minimal steering input, the car just loses traction and spins.

I haven't had trouble with gold on anything else in the game up until this point so I'm hoping that the physics were changed with the update and it'll get fixed. But I fear it was actually like that for everyone and I just need to get good 😅
nearly impossible with full throttle, back-end of the car doesn't have any grip at all. you have to lift off in order to get the porsche curves right. in the meantime "ghost of gold time" flies away.

Back