GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

To be fair, I think there is a big difference between playing on a PS4 Pad and the DS. From what I've read and seen about the DS, I'd really love to see it live.

I play with a cheap steering wheel, which I feel works really well and I have very good pedals, so I have quite good control.

There are some tasks that are more difficult as you have to learn how the car behaves. Good examples: The R8 at Deep Forest, The Huracan in Spain, The Ferrari at Monza and the stiff Gr4 Viper at Laguna Seca.
These cars and many others are very special to drive and THAT is what I find so outstanding about this game. NO two cars are the same, each one feels completely different and each requires a completely different drive.

In my opinion, this is where the biggest problem for some players lies, the ability or the will to get used to THE car and to do it quickly and thus achieve the best possible time. I'm aware that some people take this as evil, but it's not meant to be evil, it's just meant to be honest and realistic. If you can't get gold on a track or sector and just keep getting the same time without improving, that's entirely up to you. You have to change your driving. Of course, changing the brake balance here and there also helps, but on the whole it mostly depends on your driving style. I don't have all the gold yet, because I had waited for almost every corner until the patch. And now I'm about to race gold.. and not only that... on most tracks I try to be at least as fast as like my friends.
So dare to experiment yourself with your driving, your driving style and the line, sometimes it helps to drive a different line than the spirit if this line corresponds more to your own style.

Btw.
Especially with regard to the BMW on the Nodschleife, I do not consider any criticism to be justified. The car drives wonderfully there.. and although I already have quite good times there (all gold of course), I manage to improve them a little bit almost every time I'm there.

Last edited:
Man. I spent four hours trying to get gold for sardegna CE. Any advice ? I had all sector gold but not the lap attack. So frustrating.
image.jpg

Finally did it in 10 minutes today 😅😅 turned on TCS to level 5 and immediately felt better coming out from the corners. What a relief.

I understand why the last sector of Le Mans 24heures circuit was creating genuine irritation among the GT community. Took me like 45mins to gold it but I only managed 3 full completions of it. I learnt from it however that when you let go of the throttle, make sure to keep some applied so the car doesn’t entirely lose traction and make sure to slightly pivot steer (don’t steer one big motion cause the 908 with no driver aids except default ABS) hates steering properly. However the full lap only took me 8 tries to gold which was surprising in my opinion. It was a challenge but Golding all the circuit experience was worth it credit wise but perhaps not time wise.

Tiny lifts will keep the car planted through out the Porsche curvs, flat out is possible but you need to be super precise or else you will roast the tires. I had to turn down my steering sensitivity by one click for this ce.

Tiny lifts will keep the car planted through out the Porsche curvs, flat out is possible but you need to be super precise or else you will roast the tires. I had to turn down my steering sensitivity by one click for this ce.
This was the same for the R8 little bit of throttle kept the rear in check.. I am honestly loving the driving in this game man!

@NikNakTobasco you on a controller right? I could just imagine how hard it is

I am doing Sardgena Road track A with R18 and I only drive in cockpit view.. the last turn for sector one was killing me lol. I couldn’t see the turn because of the pillar is huge, but I love that about the interior view. I got it with a 29.437 put my arms up like I won an F1 race. 😂

@NikNakTobasco you on a controller right? I could just imagine how hard it is

I am doing Sardgena Road track A with R18 and I only drive in cockpit view.. the last turn for sector one was killing me lol. I couldn’t see the turn because of the pillar is huge, but I love that about the interior view. I got it with a 29.437 put my arms up like I won an F1 race. 😂
DDPro. I’ve got no excuse lol.

I understand why the last sector of Le Mans 24heures circuit was creating genuine irritation among the GT community. Took me like 45mins to gold it but I only managed 3 full completions of it. I learnt from it however that when you let go of the throttle, make sure to keep some applied so the car doesn’t entirely lose traction and make sure to slightly pivot steer (don’t steer one big motion cause the 908 with no driver aids except default ABS) hates steering properly. However the full lap only took me 8 tries to gold which was surprising in my opinion. It was a challenge but Golding all the circuit experience was worth it credit wise but perhaps not time wise.
It only took me about 3 attempts to gold, was no where near as difficult as Colorado Springs

Northern Isle is the worst for me. That car is just so squirrely even with TC turnt up.

Nurburgring is going to take a while but the 5mil will be worth it. The track has been in every game so you should know whether you can do it or not. I think it's the same Beemer as GTS, or maybe that was the Walkenhorst

Northern Isle is the worst for me. That car is just so squirrely even with TC turnt up.

Nurburgring is going to take a while but the 5mil will be worth it. The track has been in every game so you should know whether you can do it or not. I think it's the same Beemer as GTS, or maybe that was the Walkenhorst
It was the Walkenhorst but i think its the same Modell,but gt7 is much faster.

Okay, managed to get gold at Le Mans(-0.800).
ABS normal and TCS 1(always).
Steering sensitivity is set to 7 except between Porsche curve and Ford chicanes (set to 1).

Difficulty is just the right, there must be some challenge, but that will learn you to better know the track.
For me was really helpfull LH challenge in GT Sport because offered some competitive times, and I even managed maybe 1/3 of tracks to diamond with DS4, because of that I finished some of circuit experience in GT7 in 2nd or 3rd try.
From assists is maybe needed TCS 1 or 2 only on some cars that are not easy to handle because if you see in demonstation even driver from example lap uses TCS.

Okay, managed to get gold at Le Mans(-0.800).
ABS normal and TCS 1(always).
Steering sensitivity is set to 7 except between Porsche curve and Ford chicanes (set to 1).
Thats my Times

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220409-193141_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20220409-193141_PS App.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20220409-193158_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20220409-193158_PS App.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 29
Whilst I agree with your general statement, the issue is more that the GT7 physics are very unpredictable and - in certain circumstances - very flawed.

The final sector at Le Mans for example in the Peugeot LMP is ridiculous on controller. I'm not an alien, but I have golded all licences and a lot of the other CEs, but LM is just ridiculous with how unstable the car is, but also how unpredictable it is... I've obviously not driven an LMP car before, but if they were all like that there'd be a lot of seriously injured drivers...
Peugeot HDI fap suffers from lack of rear downforce for some reason which makes lose the rear end at high speeds. In Gt Sport this wasnt the case Ofc.

Last edited:
Peugeot HDI fap suffers from lack of rear downforce for some reason which makes lose the rear end at high speeds. In Gt Sport this wasnt the case Ofc.
But whats the Point? If a Game better then a Car never lost the Grip? We talk about a very high Speed at this Point.

Some posts above made me curious about the Laguna Seca full lap experience, so I decided to give it a try this afternoon.
I spent about 15 minutes on each sector and about 45 minutes on the full lap - DS4, no assists except ABS on standard.
As others have stated before you got to adapt to the Viper's behavior as she just won't turn in the way you'd expect her to. I'm not an expert in any way but I think the car needs some proper weightshifting imo, you need to at least tap the brakes before turning.
@ROAD_DOGG33J mentioned the demo ghost really nailing T6 leading up to Corkscrew, however you do not need to cut the inside curb like that. I had a couple of laps that I was even gaining on him after T6.
Best lap was a 1:27:385, one car length behind the demo. :cheers:

Deep forest was really fun, once you learn the R8 it’s really fun car! Sector 2 was dirty though! 😆
Are you a masochist?!

I will say, all that pain did make me better at that track in cars that are not that dag gum Audi!

Have you done Le Mans? If you did, tell me how hard it was the final sector (and by extension the full lap).

And yes, Autopolis for me was one of the hardests, that final sector is really ... strange... Tokyo Expressway was just tricky for me at first because I wouldn't expect the walls to be so far away at some corner exists where I initially was not being brave enough to just go near/full throttle on. Once I realized I could blitz through them (And stay on the "banked" side of the track to enter the corner), it wasn't difficult at all.
I’m doing this one now (Le Mans). On a controller it’s obnoxiously difficult but mainly because the car balance is backwards.

In high speed it’s overly responsive and in low speeds corners it’s got less turn than John Force’s funny car.

I’m into double digits the amount of times I’ve reached the last chicance and just straight plowed through it and into the dirt despite being hilariously slow speed wise. Yet if I’m wide open throttle in the Porsche Curves I’ve got so much frontend the car will loop itself.

I don’t really have complaints regarding the setups/tuning in GT7 but this one is pretty weird.

Finally cleared deep forest. I gave up on sector 2 and just did the whole lap which I did pretty quickly. Maybe 15 minutes or so. Sector 2 seemed way easier as part of the lap for some reason. But after I went back took me another 15 minutes to clear it.

So I thought I’d tackle a track I don’t know and learn something new. Catalunya. Oh my god. That lambo is not friendly. The issue I think lies with the lack of FFB with high speed oversteer.
Took me 3 hours solid grinding. Sector 1 I did quick. Sector 2 took about 45 minutes. Sector 3 about half an hour. After I gave TC1 a go I was ok.
But the whole lap took forever and was doing my head in. The demo car abuses the curbs, especially at t1 and the hairpin which you just can’t do yourself. The lambo just spins off the curbs and a pixel of grass is death too.
I really like the track but the car needs setting up. As I do more of these CE I’m really concerned about how bad the default setups are when it comes to the future of sport mode BOP.

Colorado Springs is a nightmare for me. Early in the lap I can even manage to stay in front of the demo for a while, but I inevitably lose control of the car at one of the bumps before a turn and it's over. Best I've managed is .1 second too slow for gold, but most laps I don't even make it to the end because I keep hitting walls.

Back