GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

Maybe this has been said on here, but I find it interesting that CE is not affiliated with any trophies (other than completing them). So those challenges are not necessary to complete the game, which is a good thing, because a lot wouldn't be able to (and I may be in that group, not sure yet)
Well I think the main reason PD did CE was to teach all players to learn every track/sector of the game and to learn the necessary skills and techniques that are
needed to win higher level races and championship matches

I'm convinced I'm going to end up with some type of injury if I keep trying to gold these on the DualSense. My right hand feels awful from the trigger. Maybe I need to turn down the effects.

Off. I'd strongly suggest turning the effects off. It was a fantastic sensation in the beginning days of the game, but it genuinely adds nothing to the experience in my opinion. In fact, I'd say it detracts from it. You get resistance at 25-50% brake pressure, leading you to believe you're close to locking up...except you're not close at all.

...And there's a wall. Because you weren't braking hard enough. I don't understand why it's tuned that way but it needs a looking at.

Off. I'd strongly suggest turning the effects off. It was a fantastic sensation in the beginning days of the game, but it genuinely adds nothing to the experience in my opinion. In fact, I'd say it detracts from it. You get resistance at 25-50% brake pressure, leading you to believe you're close to locking up...except you're not close at all.

...And there's a wall. Because you weren't braking hard enough. I don't understand why it's tuned that way but it needs a looking at.
Yeah, good idea. There's a way to keep vibration on at least, right? Without the trigger resistance?

The Laguna Seca one is a real challenge. I golded the sectors, but it's tough to get the full lap in at a good pace. My best time is off by .341 and I'm struggling to find the pace. The demo lap has a very good run and there's a good gap to gold, but I'm running out of skill. The corner before the cork screw is so easy to screw up, the margin is so thin and the demo just planted it right through the middle of the curb.

The Laguna Seca one is a real challenge. I golded the sectors, but it's tough to get the full lap in at a good pace. My best time is off by .341 and I'm struggling to find the pace. The demo lap has a very good run and there's a good gap to gold, but I'm running out of skill. The corner before the cork screw is so easy to screw up, the margin is so thin and the demo just planted it right through the middle of the curb.
That's exactly where I am with it. Coming to the realisation I just don't have the skills for this one. The individual sectors were not hard at all. The full lap is all of the sectors added together plus four seconds.
I must have tried this 2 or 300 times. I am three tenths off and it feels like even that run was a fluke because it's tough to even get near it again.

I'm defo struggling with a lot of them.....to get all gold anyway. Which is a good thing as frustrating as it is. The credits you get for all gold are pretty impressive so it does feel like you earned them once you get all gold

The only one I think they need to adjust & be a bit more lenient with is the full Nurburg Nord because right now it's not even worth attempting unless you're on a wheel imo. Or unless you sit there for absolutely ages with a controller, & take days to plug away at it, but I definitely cannot be bothered for 5 mil.

The other ones are way better, most are pretty easy, some might take a few attempts each to iron out stupid mistakes

Well how is the regular Nurburgring track different this time in terms of the type of car and target times? See I only got gold 4 times with a time of 6'56.283. And another 6'54.097. That was in GT Sport.

Last edited:
They are about as challenging overall as I expected, and a lot of fun to be honest, though I was thinking I'd jump in and get a quick all gold at high speed ring but the thing is far more tricky than it has a right to be especially on the full lap. It just wouldn't come together for me at all.

The only one I think they need to adjust & be a bit more lenient with is the full Nurburg Nord because right now it's not even worth attempting unless you're on a wheel imo. Or unless you sit there for absolutely ages with a controller, & take days to plug away at it, but I definitely cannot be bothered for 5 mil.

The other ones are way better, most are pretty easy, some might take a few attempts each to iron out stupid mistakes
you and everyone else who keeps mentioning their input method as a reason for failure will never be good at the game. "sits there for ages" yes that is how you improve in a racing game, you run laps.

after completing the missions in gt5 on nurburgring the track has never given me any problems when it comes to licenses or missions on it. yep, imagine actually practicing something!!

Last edited:
I am on a mission these days to get all golds from CE. Done all American and the top 4 from Europe (Brands, Spa, Goodwood, Nurb). While most of them are easy, there are some challenging ones that required some time or messing with the TC/BB settings.
  • Stingray racer at Southern Isle, TC 5
  • Nurb 1 lap with TC 1, even if I golded all sectors without TC (and never getting lower than 3rd gear 😜). It is not that it is not achievable without TC, but I cannot do 1000000 laps just for the one where I press the correct amount of gas. So I made my life easier and my wallet 5m richer!
  • What I cannot gold (even silver) is sector 2 of Deep Forest. How the hell are you supposed to drive this car (R8 Evo) in the esses?

Last edited:
What I cannot gold (even silver) is sector 2 of Deep Forest. How the hell are you supposed to drive this car (R8 Evo) in the esses?
I can‘t even get to the end of sector 2. Feels like I’m playing a different game with that car.

Would be cool if they paid out each time you beat your PB, or climbed leaderboards. Granted people could sandbag and basically print money, but it’s just digits on a screen so it’s not like PD/Sony are actually paying anything.

So much potential in GT7, a few subtle changes and everything would be so much better.

I did most circuit experiences Thursday evening, just after the patch 1.11 was out. My goal was to quickly grab the bronze reward credits on first tries and move on. My overall feeling was that I got a “deep bronze” trophy on first try most of the time, meaning it was just a little slower than getting silver. Which feels fine for my skill level (which I consider to be average) . However some trophy requirements are completely out of whack :

too hard :
  • Tokyo Expressway Central Clockwise - I failed to even get bronze after 3-4 tries for the full lap experience. And my best attempts were pretty decent. In all honestly i should at the very least already have gotten bronze, probably already even silver. My individual sectors are bronze, bronze, silver, bronze.
  • Le Mans sector 5 (last sector) - Same thing as above, 3-4 attempts of which some were pretty decent and I didn’t even get bronze. Should have already been bronze and possibly silver as well.

too easy :
  • Monza sector 5 (last sector) - First attempt and bam: gold. I wasn’t even thinking about the proper race line or corner speed, just quickly did it to get bronze. This is a case of gold being too easy.
  • Tsukuba (entire lap) - Gold on first try! Seriously. This should not be that easy.

full lap harder than individual sectors:
* Dragon Trail Gardens - the only one I did before patch 1.11. I was planning to get gold on everything, I did so for the individual sectors, failed on the entire lap after 5 decent tries (got silver though).

full lap easier than individual sectors:
* Red Bull Ring - I got bronze on all 3 individual sectors and then silver on the entire lap. That’s all from first tries. I can’t say my entire lap felt any better than the individual sectors.

The above are just a few examples, there are more cases like that. But, there are also circuits where I would say it’s fine (at least for getting bronze)

For the record, I also did play GTS for the first couple of years in its lifespan and I golded everything there (granted with better effort than just quickly grabbing bronze now in GT7) except the Nordschleife full lap (only got silver there but close to gold - If I was more determined I could have gotten gold over there as well.) and I didn’t bother with circuit experience with most of the tracks that got added to the game after the first year. My overall feeling is that for GT7 they made it harder, in my personal opinion a bit too hard. But if that’s the game decision PD made, ok fine. But as you can see from the examples above, the difficulty level is all over the place for a lot of the maps.

I do hope PD rebalances some trophy requirements. And the only way they can do that is by looking at player data. If for example 90% of the people who tried Le Mans got Bronze or better for sectors 1,2,3,4 and the full lap experience, but only 50% got bronze on sector 5, well that means the difficulty of sector 5 doesn’t match with that of the other sectors and it should be adjusted.

I’m not here to complain and state I want to get the gold trophies easy. But for the bronze trophies that should be the case. For my skill level, even if it’s mediocre at best, I should not need more than 3 tries to even get bronze on an individual sector (excluding collisions, going off-track or resetting and attempt.

I got my bronze credit rewards on most of the tracks. I’ll revisit these circuit experiences again after many months with some more serious attempts and try to get some more gold trophies. Same with the licences and missions, I quickly grabbed the bronze rewards from that and leave gold for whenever I feel I’m in the mood to do these (probably next winter or so).

Last edited:
Colorado Springs is unexpectedly one of the hardest circuit experiences. The dirt physics and especially the fact that some of the walls are invisible (including the fact you cannot take it slow, or relax) made me give up after multiple attempts of the full lap.

And that sudden understeer in one corner at S2..

Last edited:
you and everyone else who keeps mentioning their input method as a reason for failure will never be good at the game. "sits there for ages" yes that is how you improve in a racing game, you run laps.

after completing the missions in gt5 on nurburgring the track has never given me any problems when it comes to licenses or missions on it. yep, imagine actually practicing something!!
It's so embarrassing... You are not even faster with a wheel... Never were in any GT. But hey, at least it's easier than saying "I'm not good enough". Humanity....

If it helps even a little, I managed it with all assists off and traction control at 0 right up to before the corkscrew where I switched traction to 1 so I was able to floor the gas midway coming down without wheelspin and revert traction back to 0 after that.
That's what I've been trying, too. Usually I drive with zero aids on, but sometimes put TC on 1 if necessary. But, as we all know, TC slows you down some so I've been messing with turning it on/off througout the lap.

TC helps with oversteer but not so much understeer. Understeer is the worst. WHY... WON'T... YOU... TURN.... IN!

Some say the time setting at Le Mans is glitched since 1.06.
pre-1.06 is set in the afternoon while post-1.06 in the morning (8:00), affecting the road temperature.

I still managed to make it 0.200 second short of gold though.

I'm convinced I'm going to end up with some type of injury if I keep trying to gold these on the DualSense. My right hand feels awful from the trigger. Maybe I need to turn down the effects.

I can’t stand using the trigger for gas and braking. I feel like I have a lot more control using the right joystick.

This game is excellent on controller so that’s not an excuse. Players have to put the work in with whatever they use.

Last edited:
I'm stuck with the zonda r in HSR, this in undrivable with a controller!
I was surprised at how difficult HSR was too, and using a controller as well. Took me a while to gold it all, and probably goes without saying, but smooth is key. When I finally golded any part of it, I felt like I was on the ragged edge of my abilities, and probably was.

Also, watching the demo helped too.

Last edited:
For you guys struggling on Laguna Seca: I had a hard time, too. You really need to break hard and early, so that you can accelerate in a straight line as soon as possible. Traction control on 1 is imo needed, but you have to drive in a way that it's not holding you back.
Also watch the demonstration just for the right line and gear.

After a few tries I was 1 tenth away from gold. Then I had problems to reach that time again for hours.... But finally I knew how to do it and suddenly I was 0,8 seconds below gold.

Everything with dualsense btw.

Last edited:
Some say the time setting at Le Mans is glitched since 1.06.
pre-1.06 is set in the afternoon while post-1.06 in the morning (8:00), affecting the road temperature.

I still managed to make it 0.200 second short of gold though.

Yeah, but problem was that the downforce was glitched making sector 5 impossible. But this was already fixed in 1.08/1.09. Tested sector 5 again yesterday and no problem going flatout the first few corners. I did 37.2 for the sector and my whole lap was more then 1 second quicker then gold.

Last edited:
I can’t stand using the trigger for gas and braking. I feel like I have a lot more control using the right joystick.
The triggers are better to learn in the long run though, using the stick eliminates your ability to use brakes and throttle at the same time, and makes transitioning from brake to throttle much slower. This will likely make the car feel less balanced.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back