GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

I don't mind the difficulty, but the inconsistency. Some are so easy I gold on my first try while on others I have to struggle to even get bronze. It feels unpolished and not properly tested which then leads me to think if the really hard ones are supposed to be this way or somebody just messed up.

Whilst I agree with your general statement, the issue is more that the GT7 physics are very unpredictable and - in certain circumstances - very flawed.

The final sector at Le Mans for example in the Peugeot LMP is ridiculous on controller. I'm not an alien, but I have golded all licences and a lot of the other CEs, but LM is just ridiculous with how unstable the car is, but also how unpredictable it is... I've obviously not driven an LMP car before, but if they were all like that there'd be a lot of seriously injured drivers...
It's the easiest and hardest at same time, since Le Mans appeared in GT4.
It's the easiest because the car has an insane grip, it rivals the grip of the Mercedes F1 in GTS and even the RB prototypes. That last sector in previous GTs had very little grip, to get it perfectly right on the controller was a nightmare. A blink of an eye and you lose the perfect line. In this circuit experience that doesn't happen. You have so many grip that you don't need fast controls like before, you just need to be smooth.
It's the hardest because the car is unstable and there's no way to recove once you lose the back end. Try lowering the sensitivity of the controller and lifting the throttle a little; also, try to avoid the kerbs at the Porsches Curves.
I managed a 3:16,9 lap with the DualSense on my first full lap completed.

I've only done 2 circuit experiences. Brands Hatch and Dragon Tail .As an extremely amateur GT7 player using a controller I found Brands Hatch almost impossible, gold took me a good 2-3 hours. Dragon Tail was a little easier around 45 mins. Dreading the rest.

Oh believe me, not my personal opinion. I just read that somewhere once. Just like apparently he re-set his times, bc he was beat almost instantly the first time around.
It's not a personal dig at you, it's just hilarious to me that after not being able to beat Lewis Hamilton in a driving challenge that someone's reaction would be "he must've had warmer tires" rather than "oh he's ****ing Lewis Hamilton of course he beat me"

What you're saying could absolutely be true, but I think regardless it's just supposed to be a difficult challenge. Even some of the upper A+ tier drivers still took several hours and dozens of attempts to platinum everything.
He’s a formula one driver not a professional gamer. I’m surprised he even set the times himself if he indeed did.
Oh come on. F1 drivers spend hundreds of hours in the sim. Of course it's a different physics engine but it's not like the concept of sim driving is in any way foreign to him. He's driven in GT live with other people at various events and been very quick there too. Honestly if he knew how to exploit the track limits a little bit better he could've gone even faster. We're talking about one of the most talented drivers of all time, I promise he can figure out gran turismo lol.

Whilst I agree with your general statement, the issue is more that the GT7 physics are very unpredictable and - in certain circumstances - very flawed.

The final sector at Le Mans for example in the Peugeot LMP is ridiculous on controller. I'm not an alien, but I have golded all licences and a lot of the other CEs, but LM is just ridiculous with how unstable the car is, but also how unpredictable it is... I've obviously not driven an LMP car before, but if they were all like that there'd be a lot of seriously injured drivers...
The only thing unpredictable for me is the rally. Everything else is all down to how the cars behave.

I for one absolutely hated driving the Huracan and the R8 in Circuit Experience, they were way too understeery, but eventually you adapt to how you have to drive those types of cars.

Le Mans last sector, I agree with you, it's really difficult, but again, it takes precision to do those corners and not let the back end of the car go off, you can't immediately push the analog stick steering all the way right or left, you have to be gentle, and also the controller sensivity might help (lower it).

In Real Life, if someone in that 908 HDi tried to take the Porsche Curves flat out at 300kph like we do while turning the steering all the way to whichever side he's turning, the car will suffer from instant oversteer due to the speed you are doing those corners.

He’s a formula one driver not a professional gamer. I’m surprised he even set the times himself if he indeed did.
It really doesn't matter much in comparison to most players. He still is a professional racing driver and knows the basica knowledge of throttle/brake control, when to turn, how to learn a track, etc. He had a wheel and pedals and he practiced to do those laptimes.

And believe it or not, only the top 0.1% of players will ever beat Hamilton's times. And even the "aliens" won't beat him for more than 1 second in most of those tracks (aside from Nurburgring where he clearly could've made a better time but that track is way too long and the car he drove there was also different and would require way more time for him to learn it).

Last edited:
You’re all getting the wrong end of the stick. I meant because he has better things to do then spend hours playing GT for an advert. Most celebrity endorsements they turn up take a photo and bugger off and let someone else do the work.

I have 100% gold on all the circuit experiences on GTS but some of these on GT7 are quite unbearable, even on my T300RS. Like, I am honestly to the point if I keep trying to get gold on the GT7 ones, I will stop playing the game lol. Everyone thinks the license test are hard, wait til they try some tracks in Circuit Experience. Tell me why PD thought it was a great idea to make these way harder for no reason. Some tracks I am over a second off, even on a wheel, so I am sorry for the controller users. Also went back to sport and the same sector 1 on Suzuka has the gold requirement 5 seconds slower. GT7 wants you to get a 33.600 where GTS wants a 38.900 with basically the same Gr.3 NSX, and GTS is lenient on track limits and walls. GT7 is strict just like the Licenses so I think PD either has to adjust the gold requirements and give more freedom on track limits like GTS or allow us to use our own cars.

Btw I am absolutely loving the game otherwise but man Circuit Experience is quite deceiving lol
GT Sport made the game way too easy. I think GT7 is also too easy as well. Nurburgring was the only one that took me a few tries for gold. (Mainly because I don’t enjoy that track enough to truly learn it.) Every other track I’m like 1-3 seconds faster than gold and I’m not the fastest driver out there. They finally made a game where you have to be at least a High B to Low A DR Driver level to even think about getting all gold! It’s great in my opinion. Now they just need global leaderboards

Man. I spent four hours trying to get gold for sardegna CE. Any advice ? I had all sector gold but not the lap attack. So frustrating.

I have 100% gold on all the circuit experiences on GTS but some of these on GT7 are quite unbearable, even on my T300RS. Like, I am honestly to the point if I keep trying to get gold on the GT7 ones, I will stop playing the game lol. Everyone thinks the license test are hard, wait til they try some tracks in Circuit Experience. Tell me why PD thought it was a great idea to make these way harder for no reason. Some tracks I am over a second off, even on a wheel, so I am sorry for the controller users. Also went back to sport and the same sector 1 on Suzuka has the gold requirement 5 seconds slower. GT7 wants you to get a 33.600 where GTS wants a 38.900 with basically the same Gr.3 NSX, and GTS is lenient on track limits and walls. GT7 is strict just like the Licenses so I think PD either has to adjust the gold requirements and give more freedom on track limits like GTS or allow us to use our own cars.

Btw I am absolutely loving the game otherwise but man Circuit Experience is quite deceiving lol
I find it outstanding that the track experiences have a high degree of difficulty.

I can understand it though, sometimes I'd like to catapult my entire rig to the window.

What annoyance I can also understand is that golden times are virtually unattainable for casual gamers or people who lack a masochistic streak.

In addition, the level of difficulty varies enormously.

Spa? First try gold, everything. Nurburgring? Do not ask...

Lewis Hamilton Challenges were way more harder in Gt Sport.
As hard as the circuit Experiences are in GT7, I absolutely agree. The LH challenges in GTS are just beyond comprehension in how brutal they are. I still have nightmares trying to gold the Willow Springs one(which I didn't). This is was probably the start of PD's "Git Gud" philosophy.

Beautiful post. I couldn't agree more and you've summed it up perfectly.

It's great as it is... Gt Sport was overly easy, you got gold for completely wrong lines. Also they changed the driving physics afterwards so you had way more grip and I got gold times several seconds below the goal.

If you want gold, learn it. There is no need for everyone to get 100 percent if you are just not good enough. Believe me, I had hard times with some circuits, too.

In GTsport you got gold before starting to actually learn the track and car combinations. Now in Gt7 I really learned my way up to gold. And if done right you are still several tenths below gold, if not more.

Last edited:
was excited to try to earn big credits, so I loaded up Nordschleife full lap, and after a couple of restarts realizing it's a no no to go off track anywhere by accident with this understeery high tailing BMW, I decided to smooth out my lap but still being risky in many areas. I was really flabberghasted when I was going down the final stretch, that I was some 20s under gold time in that sector with still 30s to get to finish line. and I didn't even make bronze.

not trying this one again with a controller, will revisit it some patches later. I think they made cars from rear snapping, to general understeer. not too fond of the physics (with dualsense controller) in 1.11 imho. it made cars feel harsh, and very high revving for longer it seems.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the 1 lap Laguna Seca with the Viper brutal?
It's not just you.

I have a Viper Gr4 and never had an issue driving it; really like it actually. But for some reason on the Leguna lap test (golded all the sectors) the damn thing just doesn't want to turn in... understeer for days. So I've had to resort to some aggressive trail-braking but the line between not enough to get the car to rotate and too much where it spins is very slim. I don't get it. My best lap is a tick under .600" gold. Like, not even close.

Again, golded all the sectors. Also won the 700PP WTC with my Gr4 Viper on OEM parts/tune. But this one, just doesn't feel the same. I've got probably 12-15 fully golded C.E.s, but Laguna I can't touch.

Last edited:
I managed to gold every sector on Nordschleife and now stuck with the final 1 lap time trial. Managed to get 6:42 at best.

I'm also still stuck with the 1 lap time trial at Laguna Seca even though i managed to easily good the individual sectors.

Either I'm a terrible player or the BMW M6 and Dodge Viper GT3s just suck.

Last edited:
You guys know what Gran Turismo, aka, PD should start making?

Giving us the ability to directly upload one of our replays to one of our Youtube channels or at the very least, the replay be in a format where we can just send it to out computer and then edit it out.

I wanted to show a few of mine to try and help a bit the controller users but I have to record it with a video capture card first... ffs.

I am surprised to hear so many people having an issue with the Trial Mountain one.

I did it today and took two attempts for sector 1 and two attempts for the lap (first attempt was .026" off) for all the golds. I love that track and the Mazda Vision so it was pretty straight forward. I think the Mazda handles really well. Unlike that Audi R8 which can go die in a fire.

You guys know what Gran Turismo, aka, PD should start making?

Giving us the ability to directly upload one of our replays to one of our Youtube channels or at the very least, the replay be in a format where we can just send it to out computer and then edit it out.

I wanted to show a few of mine to try and help a bit the controller users but I have to record it with a video capture card first... ffs.
You can. You on a PS5? Link your PS5 with your YT account and use that little record button on teh controler. Once your run is recorded, you can upload it right to YT. Quality is still better with a capture card, but it's good enough to show a lap.

I did a bunch today.

Brands Hatch is easy. Turn off TCS and only use 2nd gear in druids (turn 2 hairpin). For the rest, use 3rd or 4th. Dragon trail and interlagos were also very easy.

Then I couldn't get through the first sector of trial mountain. WTF is this? The car is uncontrollable without losing HEAPS of speed.

Having finished most of them at this point I think the real issue isn't that they're difficult as such, but the completely weird physics in GT 7 make it hard to have any idea what the car is going to do. For example the 908 at Le Mans seems to have an insane amount of downforce so you can do the Porsche curves like 30mph faster than real life, yet it can barely get through the tight corners because the game doesn't let you steer enough. Brakes seem weak too and lock up despite that huge downforce. The other issue is not having any setup options just forces everyone into a certain type of driving style which might not be right for them. I found the Laguna Seca one the hardest because the Viper understeers so much off throttle which is a trait I absolutely hate in any car. I know Laguna really well, raced around it on all sorts of games and if I could've just made the car rotate a bit more it would've been fine.

However the biggest thing that annoys me is the inconsistent difficulty, some sectors and the occasional track are really hard becuase the times are super quick or the car is terrible to drive, but then others I'm beating the full lap by over a second first try on a really bad run. The rally tracks are especially easy, I think I beat the Fishermans Ranch one by like 5 seconds first try. Sectors are split up really weirdly on some tracks too, where it'll give you one corner as a sector but then you'll get a 40+ second section after that for the next one.

I know all the tracks in GT 7 well, but for people that don't they don't teach you anything, there's no guidance on what to do and how to do it. I've also found when you do the full lap, you cant use any reference points because you're usually going quicker than you were in the sectors. I'm not really sure who these are aimed at as anyone that's really quick will have little trouble getting golds, yet people with less experience and pace might as well just lap a circuit they don't know in time trial mode until they've got the hang of it.

.2 off of Gold at Trial Mountain, and sore hands after 2 hours of trying to knock that .2 off. I can be quite a bit ahead of my ghost, until that down hill, into left toward the end. My ghost is killing that turn, and I can't repeat it. So frustrating.
Golded all the sectors fairly easily, but the lap is kicking my butt.

It's not just you.

I have a Viper Gr4 and never had an issue driving it; really like it actually. But for some reason on the Leguna lap test (golded all the sectors) the damn thing just doesn't want to turn in... understeer for days. So I've had to resort to some aggressive trail-braking but the line between not enough to get the car to rotate and too much where it spins is very slim. I don't get it. My best lap is a tick under .600" gold. Like, not even close.

Again, golded all the sectors. Also won the 700PP WTC with my Gr4 Viper on OEM parts/tune. But this one, just doesn't feel the same. I've got probably 12-15 fully golded C.E.s, but Laguna I can't touch.

I managed to gold every sector on Nordschleife and now stuck with the final 1 lap time trial. Managed to get 6:42 at best.

I'm also still stuck with the 1 lap time trial at Laguna Seca even though i managed to easily good the individual sectors.

Either I'm a terrible player or the BMW M6 and Dodge Viper GT3s just suck.
If it helps even a little, I managed it with all assists off and traction control at 0 right up to before the corkscrew where I switched traction to 1 so I was able to floor the gas midway coming down without wheelspin and revert traction back to 0 after that.

Some CEs are easier if you enable more assists than just TC=1 and ABS=Default. And don't forget about steering sensitivity

Wow, i'm excited that their adding the licenses, missions and CE which means tons of rewards and exp. I think I can handle it.

Maybe this has been said on here, but I find it interesting that CE is not affiliated with any trophies (other than completing them). So those challenges are not necessary to complete the game, which is a good thing, because a lot wouldn't be able to (and I may be in that group, not sure yet)

Back