GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

hard yes, crazy no .. also because s-8, s-9, s-10 are much easier.
Not all are avid gamers, and setting this absurd difficulty to take gold is not correct as it is tied to trophies.
I would set this difficulty for those who want to improve their times.

Every GT has had ridiculously hard trophies.

Just tried the Green Hell 1 lap attack. Finished and message on screen read:

Sorry, you should have been supplied with a Gr3 car and not the N100 you just did your lap in…….”

Experience placed in chronic pending file. 🙀

Not all are avid gamers, and setting this absurd difficulty to take gold is not correct as it is tied to trophies.
GT Sport has a 0.1% earned platinum with a 0.1% earned trophy to win 91 times online. Getting gold in all license tests will end up being way higher.

I don't have the prowess to get a gold on the Trial Mountain one-lap, that Mazda RX car is hard to keep in check, it either spins out way too easily or it understeers like crazy in crucial corners. I am three tenths away from gold, after numerous tries. The demonstration ghost is wicked quick, and I'm struggling with the Dualshock controller.
I don't know if this can help somehow, let me post what I did just earlier today to get gold (Controller, motion steering, TC off):

Keep 5th in straight.
Don't brake at the esses, just lift and coast a little on 2nd and 3rd corner.
Inside the tunnel go down to 3rd and floor it only when it is straight at the exit.
The right hander after the tunnel take it with 2nd.
Next right hander try to keep 3rd, also for the left between the tunnels.
End of straight, brake just after the curb starts, keep 3rd coasting, again floor in a straight line.
The next part is tricky, I lifted momentarily for the right or else the Mazda oversteers and brake just before the crest, going down to 2nd for the right hairpin.
For the left hairpin I brake just after the crest, or else it overshoots the corner.
For the final chicane, brake just after the curb starts, keep 2nd for both corners.

Hopefully the above gives you sth different to work with in your pursuit for gold.

Since when are trophies supposed to be earned by everyone? That's why they are categorised in bronze, silver and gold (and platinum for completing all of them).

And the licences aren't even that hard. You get the game to play it and get good at it if you want to earn the in-game gold trophies. What's the point to award the player a gold trophy, if he can barely set a good time?

Since when are trophies supposed to be earned by everyone? That's why they are categorised in bronze, silver and gold (and platinum for completing all of them).

And the licences aren't even that hard. You get the game to play it and get good at it if you want to earn the in-game gold trophies. What's the point to award the player a gold trophy, if he can barely set a good time?
maybe I explained myself badly, I don't want to say that it has to be easy, but I want to say that the difficulty is not well balanced.
And the last test that I miss, I have all gold, the following ones have been a walk, while I find that the gold of the s-7 super is too difficult compared to the others.

GT7 difficulty level is not crazy or even hard by any stretch.

The only hard things in this game are some of the WTC races because of the crappy designed "catch the rabbit 40 seconds ahead of you" races.

The times for all Licenses and Circuit Experiences are all doable, some easier than others obviously. The Gold time is for those who challenge themselves and want to improve their driving. And GT7 is actually quite balanced in terms of that high-end difficulty.

Gran Turismo 5 and Gran Turismo Sport are by comparison waaaaaaaaaay harder than GT7. Those two games have trophies just for the 0.1%. Trophies also were never meant to be for everyone my friend, I myself have in the past given up on some trophies for some games because I just couldn't handle them (to be honest, all of them were because of the crazy amount of time/grind it would take to get them). That's how it is.

Just repeat, repeat, repeat, if you like driving, you will improve your times.

GT7 difficulty level is not crazy or even hard by any stretch.

The only hard things in this game are some of the WTC races because of the crappy designed "catch the rabbit 40 seconds ahead of you" races.

The times for all Licenses and Circuit Experiences are all doable, some easier than others obviously. The Gold time is for those who challenge themselves and want to improve their driving. And GT7 is actually quite balanced in terms of that high-end difficulty.

Gran Turismo 5 and Gran Turismo Sport are by comparison waaaaaaaaaay harder than GT7. Those two games have trophies just for the 0.1%. Trophies also were never meant to be for everyone my friend, I myself have in the past given up on some trophies for some games because I just couldn't handle them (to be honest, all of them were because of the crazy amount of time/grind it would take to get them). That's how it is.

Just repeat, repeat, repeat, if you like driving, you will improve your times.
try and try again, hoping not to throw the controller towards the tv :)
I agree in general but not on the balance of difficulty in s-7 special, otherwise you will not get easy gold in all except this one.

Last edited:
Golds in Circuit Experience are hard to achieve because, well, they are supposed to be! Sure, it’s rage-inducing, especially when you miss gold by the merest of margins (and when you have to deal with the twitchy cars like the RX-Vision GT3 at Trial Mountain 🤬).

But when you finally beat them, you get the sense of accomplishment. And now with the much better rewards for beating these challenges, they are far more worth the time and effort.

Just keep practicing. Eventually, you will get there.

Last edited:
I’m only around 40% complete but Autopolis and some of the Tokyo Expressway layouts were the most difficult so far. Tomorrow I will try and get gold on the Nurburgring.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just my inconsistency, but it feels like I never win through anything other than luck. And then for the full circuit challenges, it takes a lot for me to get lucky through the whole lap.

Edit: Also, Sarah. She's so annoying. I tend to give up when she interrupts me to tell me to take a deep breath.

Last edited:
I’m only around 40% complete but Autopolis and some of the Tokyo Expressway layouts were the most difficult so far. Tomorrow I will try and get gold on the Nurburgring.
Have you done Le Mans? If you did, tell me how hard it was the final sector (and by extension the full lap).

And yes, Autopolis for me was one of the hardests, that final sector is really ... strange... Tokyo Expressway was just tricky for me at first because I wouldn't expect the walls to be so far away at some corner exists where I initially was not being brave enough to just go near/full throttle on. Once I realized I could blitz through them (And stay on the "banked" side of the track to enter the corner), it wasn't difficult at all.

Is it just me or is the 1 lap Laguna Seca with the Viper brutal?
I'm also struggling with this one. The Viper is awful and actively fights you from turning into every corner. I ran it for an hour earlier and the closest I came was .2 off from gold on what I thought was a nearly perfect lap. I feel like I'm missing something that others aren't.

Edit: Also, Sarah. She's so annoying. I tend to give up when she interrupts me to tell me to take a deep breath.
Doesn't help when she's also a bit condescending by saying good job first when I fail hard.

I can handle the paved circuits, but the rally tracks can die in a fire.
I can only gold Sardegna Windmills but that's thanks to countless of hours grinding on that track lol

Last edited:
The most difficult ones in my opinion:

• Deep Forest - Because of the R18 that oversteers a lot and that there’s lots of throttle control involved for the mid-section.
  • Laguna Seca - Because you have to cut corners with sausage curbs and really nail every corner perfectly.
  • Catalunya - Because of the last sector and the Lambo that struggles for grip.
  • Nordschleife - Because of the length and technical nature of the track.
  • Circuit de la Sarthe - Because of the flat out last sector and the unpredictable nature of the Peugeot LMP when turning at high speed.

Last edited:
in GTS i had all gold in challenges, circuit experiences, missions whatever.
That shows that it was a bit to easy because i am not really that good...

In GT7 i have app 60% gold, the rest silver or bronze. It is bloody difficult sometimes and that is exactly how it should be. It is meant to be a challenge. and the challenge is the fun!

I will not get all gold, no way, but that won't stop me from trying. And the satisfaction of a better time at a Nordschleife section then one of your A friends is enough of a reward for me.

I'm convinced I'm going to end up with some type of injury if I keep trying to gold these on the DualSense. My right hand feels awful from the trigger. Maybe I need to turn down the effects.

Last edited:
in GTS i had all gold in challenges, circuit experiences, missions whatever.
That shows that it was a bit to easy because i am not really that good...

In GT7 i have app 60% gold, the rest silver or bronze. It is bloody difficult sometimes and that is exactly how it should be. It is meant to be a challenge. and the challenge is the fun!

I will not get all gold, no way, but that won't stop me from trying. And the satisfaction of a better time at a Nordschleife section then one of your A friends is enough of a reward for me.
I’m glad someone understands the point of the increased difficulty - the fact you acknowledge the challenge is fun is a positive sign of GT7.

I couldn't even gold the Goodwood full lap.

Nurburgring Nord and De La Sarthe are just plain abusive to me, but it feels like I have to get used to the cars more than the tracks.

Last edited:

Maybe it help´s...

I’m glad someone understands the point of the increased difficulty - the fact you acknowledge the challenge is fun is a positive sign of GT7.
I was doing one Nordschleife section for well over half an hour. I got gold after about 6 tries but wanted to be be top of the friendlist so kept pushing to get there. so awesome to finally get that result!

Then made a new friend a day later who was so much faster then my times and is now top of the leaderboards. :bowdown::banghead: oh well.....

I was doing one Nordschleife section for well over half an hour. I got gold after about 6 tries but wanted to be be top of the friendlist so kept pushing to get there. so awesome to finally get that result!

Then made a new friend a day later who was so much faster then my times and is now top of the leaderboards. :bowdown::banghead: oh well.....
Kick your Friends from List... Done you are the best One 😜

Back