GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

Also having random wind speed and direction in time set events and missions is stupid.
Yep, it gave me troubles to get gold in the slipstream mission. I tried sometimes and I would not get above 247km/h, while I managed pretty easily a 249km/h on the first series of tries. Then I went back and watched the wind. With no wind I got gold at the first try, doing exactly was I was doing a week before.

I'd love for them to add a mode where you can do the sectors in a garage car. No prizes needed, just a good way to fine tune your lines on sectors you struggle with.
I use time trial for that, but I see the interest in your idea.

The ones I've tried are definitely much harder than GTS! I also miss the narration by @Tom - that would come in really handy here. The demos are soulless!
yeah wow. I just went to do the one at dragon trails and can’t believe that has gone!!!! That made it really enjoyable for me to look at those after I made a few attempts myself.

yeah wow. I just went to do the one at dragon trails and can’t believe that has gone!!!! That made it really enjoyable for me to look at those after I made a few attempts myself.
Not just enjoyable but really useful - anyone starting out with GT would really benefit. I did, and I'm an old hand!

The full lap of Laguna Seca is killing me. Always been one of my favorite tracks too. Daytona was tough as well but I managed it. Will take skills to do all these. Much harder than the licesnses and mission tests I've done so far.

Another post complaining about the difficulty -__-

I'm actually hoping there is MORE and MORE of challenging stuff. Gold isn't supposed to be obtainable for everyone. That's why it's gold, duh. I would be extremely upset if PD started listening to the ones complaining about the difficulty and decided to dumb down the physics and make everything easier.
Of course it is. If there is something you can do, so can anyone else. Everyone paid the same amount to own the game, more or less.

Last edited:
Its interesting, circuit experiences, aside from the how good or bad the car themselves' setups are, is telling me how much I know about the track. Some tracks I can get gold easily without much work, some I really have to work out how to get close to the time.

For me, it took me nearly 3 hours to finally gold Suzuka section 1. I can't believe how hard it was :confused:

Was running without TC, I briefly tried it though but didn't help me. I think I mainly lost time in trying too hard and not calmly cornering. It's really hard to explain but the gold time for that is definitely strict. Right after, I golded section 2 on first try :lol:

Gotta love the inconsistency with difficulty.

A word on the overall difficulty on Circuit Experiences though...I feel they're completely fine, you don't even get a huge benefit if you're able to gold everything, so as not to put less experienced players at a disadvantage. I golded everything in the licenses with ease using Dualshock, so I'm glad at least around a half of CE have proven a bit of a grind (disregarding Suzuka... ):crazy:
All the ones I got gold on were on the first try. That's because once I've done the thing I don't want to just keep doing it over and over again. Luckily I get a gold on most of them and on all of some of them.

Last edited:
Of course it is. If there is something you can do, so can anyone else. Everyone paid the same amount to own the game, more or less. Did you believe your mommy when she said you were special and can do things no one else can do?
So everyone has the same driving ability? Really? That's news to me...

All the ones I got good on were on the first try. That's because once I've done the thing I don't want to just keep doing it over and over again. Luckily I get a good on most of them and on all of some of them.
I mean, a bronze is a pass, but...

Started with CE and right on beginning finding Lago Maggiore hard to beat!
So far, my best time is 1:59.7 and 1:58.500 is gold time.
It will be hard to pull out more than second...

Update:

I came to 1:58.624 so I'm close now.

Update 2: did it! 1:58.478

Last edited:
Started with CE and right on beginning finding Lago Maggiore hard to beat!
So far, my best time is 1:59.7 and 1:58.500 is gold time.
It will be hard to pull out more than second...

Update:

I came to 1:58.624 so I'm close now.

Update 2: did it! 1:58.478
That 4c is weird. Understeers oversteers can’t trail brake drifting constantly.

Anyone got any tips for the final sector at Le Mans? I found the Peugeot incredibly unstable at the limit and am still 2 seconds down on that one sector .. I've got gold on the other sectors, but it's driving me mad...

Anyone got any tips for the final sector at Le Mans? I found the Peugeot incredibly unstable at the limit and am still 2 seconds down on that one sector .. I've got gold on the other sectors, but it's driving me mad...

Brake later or better yet not at all

Brake later or better yet not at all

It's more the instability when throwing it in to the corners. I know I can do it flat out, but when I try it starts to slip and then flings itself in to the nearest sand/wall etc...

The more and more I do these, the stronger my bias is towards the physics. The Circuit Experience tests themselves aren't at all difficult, it's the physics/handling that compounds the issue. I struggled with the Gr. 3 F-Type around Dragon Tail Seaside.

I know that circuit like the back of my hand because I've done so many hot laps in Sport. Here, with the way the cars are highly susceptible to snap oversteer at a moment's notice, I find myself tip-toeing through corners I know I shouldn't. Race cars have grip and tons of it; more depending on the class of race car. I'm always finding myself fighting for grip that isn't there, whether it be through low-speed corners, sweepers, or corners I know I can take at or close to full throttle because the rear end will step out.

The way race cars always seem unsettled, ready to spin like a top makes me not want to play at all.

Hard to drive =/= realism.

I find some of the circuit experiences really easy then some almost impossible, there's no consistency with the difficulty and I think it's probably because of the physics issues with certain vehicles

I drove 300 kilometers in Trial Mountain Circuit before I managed to get gold. I hate the setup of this Mazda. Spins with 3rd and 4th gear.

with the way the cars are highly susceptible to snap oversteer at a moment's notice
Speaking of this... The car in all of these trials I had the most trouble with this kind of snap oversteer was the Peugeot 908 HDI on the final sector of Le Mans.

The Porsche Curves and the Esses section, I think it's because of me using a controller but I know that Peugeot can take the first section of those corners pretty much flatout and I have to lift a bit and coast on the final part of the esses before the straight to the 2 consecutive chicanes... It was for me the hardest part of the entire Circuit Experience. The Overall Le Mans lap wasn't as difficult to me because I blitzed through the rest of the track with ease, but that final section really took a lot of tries... The car would instantly oversteer and spin as soon as I tried to take the first right hander into the Porsche curves... Had to be very gentle with the left analog stick but that would always cost me time.

As for the others, I didn't had that much difficulty on the vast majority of the tracks. Nurburgring full lap I was only having trouble to actually get a lap, I would always crash out or leave the track, but the first time I got a lap in, I got Gold.
Autopolis, the final sector, also gave me a bit of a headache.

taking gold in the s-7 last super driver's license just makes the game frustrating.
The system of difficulties is totally busted, tests that can be overcome with your eyes closed, and others that shave madness.

Last edited:
taking gold in the s-7 last super driver's license just makes the game frustrating.
The system of difficulties is totally busted, tests that can be overcome with your eyes closed, and others that shave madness.

Doesn't it make sense for the final trial to be the toughest?

I don't have the prowess to get a gold on the Trial Mountain one-lap, that Mazda RX car is hard to keep in check, it either spins out way too easily or it understeers like crazy in crucial corners. I am three tenths away from gold, after numerous tries. The demonstration ghost is wicked quick, and I'm struggling with the Dualshock controller.

Last edited:
Doesn't it make sense for the final trial to be the toughest?
hard yes, crazy no .. also because s-8, s-9, s-10 are much easier.
Not all are avid gamers, and setting this absurd difficulty to take gold is not correct as it is tied to trophies.
I would set this difficulty for those who want to improve their times.

Back