GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

nehhh, i like a challenge and also i think it is impolite.

also; you are actually that new friend i mentioned earlier 😂
Really impressed by your times at the Nordschleife, hat's off to you!
Hopefully you understood that "kick her" was really a joke.

Thank you very much... Yesterday I improved a few individual times and as soon as I have time I want to improve the whole lap, there is still a lot of potential on the track.

I absolutely love the difficulty rating on this content, and i find myself incredible frustrated over being so slow when i thought that i actually had improved since the start of GT-Sport.

The last part of Le Mans.. i can't even get a bronze, it feels broken!

BUT

This content is what i need to improve, i know that i will work on getting those golds in the bag, maybe i won't succeed but some tracks are possible and it will be such a satisfaction to do it.

I will start with the bronze and i will be rewarded in nice warm credits, and the way i do it is as follows.
I do the whole track to begin with to see how fast i am in the car on this track. Then i do the sectors and if i feel that i am actually doing good and gets close to Gold with Silver times AND is able to put in a gold time here and there, i know there is a GOLD future on this track. So far SPA is the only one i golded... so there is so much to do :)

It's make me laugh when people say it hard because it will make you a better driver.

I do almost all gold in GT5, GT6 and GTS with a correct difficulty, but in GT7, the physic are so awful and the circuit experiance so hard that I finish to drive like a maniac and doing anything and win the gold without following the race line and respect the brake space.

And this is the same thing for the license test.

So no, this game don't make you a better driver haha

I have 100% gold on all the circuit experiences on GTS but some of these on GT7 are quite unbearable, even on my T300RS. Like, I am honestly to the point if I keep trying to get gold on the GT7 ones, I will stop playing the game lol. Everyone thinks the license test are hard, wait til they try some tracks in Circuit Experience. Tell me why PD thought it was a great idea to make these way harder for no reason. Some tracks I am over a second off, even on a wheel, so I am sorry for the controller users. Also went back to sport and the same sector 1 on Suzuka has the gold requirement 5 seconds slower. GT7 wants you to get a 33.600 where GTS wants a 38.900 with basically the same Gr.3 NSX, and GTS is lenient on track limits and walls. GT7 is strict just like the Licenses so I think PD either has to adjust the gold requirements and give more freedom on track limits like GTS or allow us to use our own cars.

Btw I am absolutely loving the game otherwise but man Circuit Experience is quite deceiving lol
Get good lol

It's make me laugh when people say it hard because it will make you a better driver.

I do almost all gold in GT5, GT6 and GTS with a correct difficulty, but in GT7, the physic are so awful and the circuit experiance so hard that I finish to drive like a maniac and doing anything and win the gold without following the race line and respect the brake space.

I agree. It’s like driving lessons teach you how to pass a test not how to drive.

Lewis Hamilton Challenges were way more harder in Gt Sport.
This, alongside the S. Vettel Red Bull challenges in GT5 are the hardest challenges in Gran Turismo history. I spent dozens of hours on some of those events, at some of them I almost gave up.

Not to mention the Liceses from the early GTs (1-4) which were all much harder than what they have been since the HD era. And the infamous Mission 34 in GT4.

People who are starting now in GT7 are actually having it easy...

I think people have to come to terms that circuit experience is not only about learning the tracks, it’s about mastering them. It’s hard as hell because driving consistent and aggressive at the same time is hard as hell. You have to find time where you previously thought it was impossible and sometimes it’s not easy to even grasp that.

Yesterday I spent 4+ hours trying to gold Interlagos and I was still .025 behind the goal, I still find it a nice challenge.
The funny thing is that while trying to beat the time I was constantly fiddling with the settings, ghosts, assists etc, to find what best suit me for the game. Ended up the same way I started LOL. Demo + Best time ghosts with 0.3 offset. Default ABS and 1 TCS.

Stranger is the fact that I can gold all sectors consistently but not the full track.

Last edited:
This, alongside the S. Vettel Red Bull challenges in GT5 are the hardest challenges in Gran Turismo history. I spent dozens of hours on some of those events, at some of them I almost gave up.

Not to mention the Liceses from the early GTs (1-4) which were all much harder than what they have been since the HD era. And the infamous Mission 34 in GT4.

People who are starting now in GT7 are actually having it easy...
Whilst I agree with your general statement, the issue is more that the GT7 physics are very unpredictable and - in certain circumstances - very flawed.

The final sector at Le Mans for example in the Peugeot LMP is ridiculous on controller. I'm not an alien, but I have golded all licences and a lot of the other CEs, but LM is just ridiculous with how unstable the car is, but also how unpredictable it is... I've obviously not driven an LMP car before, but if they were all like that there'd be a lot of seriously injured drivers...

Oh yeah.. my goodness you must be so good.... And yet it makes you a better driver in this game.. not necessarily fundamentally, that makes a huge difference. But you can just as well talk against a wall. Players like you live in their own world and on their own terms.

And on the subject of the GT4 or 3 or 5 or X much heavier... Has it occurred to one of you that it might have been because you used to drive much less "well", or the "notorious game physics" was there just much less accurate?

No, you don't come up with such ideas.... always this "everything was better in the past...or...everything was harder in the past" That's just as much ******** as "everything was cheaper in the past" that's simple linear thinking and very often doesn't correspond the reality. ... but let's leave that better ....

In my opinion, NO task is impossible, some may be more difficult than others, but sometimes the track or the car just doesn't suit you.. And only practice helps, BUT practice also includes a very detailed error analysis, otherwise you try your problem X hours of solving the same errors over and over again.

I only played and golded the two Dragpn Trail Routes and Autopolis. Are these one of the easier or harder ones? I am driving with Dualsensr and automatic transmission.

I spent 1 whole hour driving the RX-VISION GT3 around Trial Mountain last night to get all golds. That first and third section were by far the most difficult for me to get right. It was so rewarding to complete it though! I will definitely be doing more of the circuits, especially with a payout nearing 1mil credits for each one!

Don’t feel sorry for controller users haha I find I’m much faster than using my wheel.
I feel you. While im waiting for my base from Fanatec, Im forced to use a pad, first time in 2-3yrs. While its more difficult on a pad, its not too bad. I find if you hold your hands the optimal way, 0-1 tcs and manual gearbox, you can get gold quite fast on most of them. Some repeats yeah, but I dont find myself grinding same sections 50 times over.

But yes, GTS was a joke compared to this. GTS golds were designed for kids playing arcades lol.

Last edited:
I grudgingly agree that they should be as hard as they are, it’s just about possible at the limit of my ability on most tracks hopefully and should be a challenge that takes many hours to perfect

I think the Nordschleife is the most difficult with 20 seconds less than GT sport. The rest is not really hard with a steering wheel.

Last edited:

I really don’t see how circuit experience isn’t a super helpful tool for getting better, I always learned new tracks on it. This time players must get good to achieve gold unlike GTS, where you could drive in the grass, hit walls and still get gold.

Last edited:

hahaha lol yes, makes us laugh!

I golded everything in GTS and i can see that my fast friends on my PSN list is doing the same on GT7 and the slower friends.. i guess they might consider the physics broken.

The Circuit experience is hard until we beat them.

3 hours to get a gold on dragons trail. Man, this game is hard. I started with the wheel but later switched to the gamepad as I feel the steering is faster than on the wheel. And yeah it's not like you are supposed to drive clean, but drive more like a maniac flying over the curbs.

Last edited:
I think the Nordschleife is the most difficult with 20 seconds less than GT sport. The rest is not really hard with a steering wheel.
No he isn't, the M6 at GT7 runs much faster Speed the most Time.. IF you know, how to drive him.

Last edited:
I spent 1 whole hour driving the RX-VISION GT3 around Trial Mountain last night to get all golds. That first and third section were by far the most difficult for me to get right. It was so rewarding to complete it though! I will definitely be doing more of the circuits, especially with a payout nearing 1mil credits for each one!
Trial Mountain took me 2-3 hours. Each section was fine, but I couldn't find the tenths I needed around the whole circuit.

I may have gotten it quicker if I learned to practice with ghosts on. Ghosts usually mess me up rather than help.

I'm also struggling with this one. The Viper is awful and actively fights you from turning into every corner. I ran it for an hour earlier and the closest I came was .2 off from gold on what I thought was a nearly perfect lap. I feel like I'm missing something that others aren't.
Was .16 off for quite awhile but finally took gold although it took me over 4 hours later lol!

Was .16 off for quite awhile but finally took gold although it took me over 4 hours later lol!
Why doesn't the car want to turn. You have to get the braking and turn in just right or else you'll be missing tenths by being too slow and trying not to run off the track.

Problem with those challenges was that Lewis set his times on flying laps with warmed up tires. You have one shot, and it was more annoying because you had to restart each time. If you could run laps until you beat him, these would be much easier.
Did GT Sport simulate tire temperature at all?

Why doesn't the car want to turn. You have to get the braking and turn in just right or else you'll be missing tenths by being too slow and trying not to run off the track.
I eventually realized it was the final sector where I was losing time from either missing the apex or braking too late.

Problem with those challenges was that Lewis set his times on flying laps with warmed up tires. You have one shot, and it was more annoying because you had to restart each time. If you could run laps until you beat him, these would be much easier.
I've heard a lot of racing driver excuses over the years, but "7-time Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton only beat me because he had warmer tires" might top the all time list :lol:

I've heard a lot of racing driver excuses over the years, but "7-time Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton only beat me because he had warmer tires" might top the all time list :lol:
Oh believe me, not my personal opinion. I just read that somewhere once. Just like apparently he re-set his times, bc he was beat almost instantly the first time around.

Back