GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

Some are definitely harder than S licences, except maybe S10.
But not all of them are so hard, some are like okay difficulty.
Deep Valley with the Porsche is insanely hard for me.
I can't find a track named deep valley, You mean deep forest?

ahh another gid gud comments incoming and nobody seems to notice how dynamic weather and wind can cause slower times
pro tip keep restarting to get best weather /wind situation possible
trials, licenses and missions should have static conditions, otherwise gid gud
btw i thought gts had easy gold on circuit experience, this however lol good luck

Can anyone confirm about doing La Sarthe Sector 5 in Gold after the update?

Because the car is definitely impossible to keep through the Porsche esses at the speed we're meant to...

EDIT: I guess I can confirm it CAN be done... struggling, yes, but it can be done. Just a heads up for all the hopefuls out there.

Last edited:
Yea these are tough but when you get gold tell me you just don’t smile! These make you a better driver because it teaches you the optimum line to achieve the fastest times! Good luck to all took me 10 times to do sector 1 At Suzuka. 😂

Last edited:
The difficulty is fine generally speaking, challenges are always welcome in GT, but it's a bit of a misnomer isn't it. It's called "Circuit Experience", not "Circuit mastery". It's presented as a tool to experience the circuits for newcomers, the times should therefore be something that can be achieved by just getting to know the circuit reasonably well.

Actually thinking about it adding the harder times as "You've experienced the circuit, now can you master it?" as a second option would've been a good idea.

Laguna Seca is the hardest one for me so far. But other than I’ve never had any major issues.

It’s certainly a lot harder than GTS though.

You guys are scaring me. I beat gold by at least 2s in S licenses (the last one took me 40 mins to figure out a good line), but I just saw a video of a very good Nordschleiffe run and it's barely gold.

I think I'll pass until a physics update. In GTS I topped my leaderboard then they wiped them out. Don't want that to happen again.

I use the circuit experiences for the intended purpose of learning a track and I find them incredibly useful. I don’t worry about the colour of a pretend trophy. If it’s gold but I still don’t feel like I know my braking points and inputs confidently I’ll go again and again, if it’s silver but I’m happy that I know what I need to do I’ll move on. I just want to learn the track so I can race on it. They’re a really great tool.

I use the circuit experiences for the intended purpose of learning a track and I find them incredibly useful. I don’t worry about the colour of a pretend trophy. If it’s gold but I still don’t feel like I know my braking points and inputs confidently I’ll go again and again, if it’s silver but I’m happy that I know what I need to do I’ll move on. I just want to learn the track so I can race on it. They’re a really great tool.
I think most people into the genre know all the tracks before buying the game. If learning was the focus, they should let us pick our own cars but they don't. Driving a Super Formula isn't like driving a Civic Type R on the same track.

R3V
I just saw a video of a very good Nordschleiffe run and it's barely gold.

I think I'll pass until a physics update.
Well, they might update the physics model, but the challenge on Nordschleife remains :D

I beat gold by only 2.3 and the lap was good. The real world tracks have challenging golds

They haven't gated exclusive cars behind the gold, so although I know I'll never get all golds this time around I don't care. Probably wont even bother with some of them. I think they are an awesome tool though, I found most of them very useful in Sport regardless of the gold reward.

I'd love for them to add a mode where you can do the sectors in a garage car. No prizes needed, just a good way to fine tune your lines on sectors you struggle with.

They haven't gated exclusive cars behind the gold, so although I know I'll never get all golds this time around I don't care. Probably wont even bother with some of them. I think they are an awesome tool though, I found most of them very useful in Sport regardless of the gold reward.

I'd love for them to add a mode where you can do the sectors in a garage car. No prizes needed, just a good way to fine tune your lines on sectors you struggle with.
I think I got around 60k for 1 gold lap at Suzuka.. that’s why I’m doing it and to polish up.

Update!

I was able to get a lot of them gold after a few tries and adjusting my wheel settings but there are still a select few iffy ones like Le Mans and the 1 lap Nordshleife that remain lol

I think it took me around 500 kilometres to gold the full lap at Bathurst. Not overly proud of that figure, but the lap I ended up with gave me a huuuge rush of adrenaline hahahah. I personally love the challenge, but yeeaaahh I wish the reward was a bit more worth it.

The biggest challenge for me was getting used to the new physics. Bathurst + 650s GT3 was my favorite combo in GTS but the braking points, turn in points, acceleration points and the overall difficulty are all completely different now. It used to be really easy to a clean lap at full chat, now its really hard.

I think I got around 60k for 1 gold lap at Suzuka.. that’s why I’m doing it and to polish up.
I've only done Northern Isle thinking it would be a quick free car. I didn't pay much attention to the credits waiting for the car to pop. Then I did DTS and only managed bronze. Once I feel more confident with the new physics I'll give them a serious go.

Can anyone who got gold on La Sarthe circuit experience before the patch do me a favour and give sector 5 a quick try?

I've seen videos of people going flat through the Porsche curves with little issue. But it's seemingly impossible when I try it. Even with minimal steering input, the car just loses traction and spins.

I haven't had trouble with gold on anything else in the game up until this point so I'm hoping that the physics were changed with the update and it'll get fixed. But I fear it was actually like that for everyone and I just need to get good 😅
I thought I was going crazy doing this, as I've been having the same issue.

Even with the ghost run, its shown doing it at practically flat out with little issue, but this car even with more than.. half steer, and it just straight up loses all grip in the back and spins out.

Definitely shouldn't be like that, considering the car in question. The rest weren't that hard to gold, but that Sector.. my best so far is two-tenths off of Silver.

Can anyone confirm about doing La Sarthe Sector 5 in Gold after the update?

Because the car is definitely impossible to keep through the Porsche esses at the speed we're meant to...

EDIT: I guess I can confirm it CAN be done... struggling, yes, but it can be done. Just a heads up for all the hopefuls out there.
Damn it, I need to go back in and do it now 🤣

Did you manage to to take the curves flat or did you lift and make up time later?

Damn it, I need to go back in and do it now 🤣

Did you manage to to take the curves flat or did you lift and make up time later?
Down to 5th on the first Porsche curve but lifting as little as possible. Up to 6th, then lift for the next right corner. Brake VERY late for the first chicane, only down to 4th gear and make up for the lost time THERE by being very aggressive on the kerbs. Smooth last chicane... and that's it.

I love it! The tuning, the cash grind, the race craft, all designed around the real world challenges. Technique and strategy. Sport had very little. And if you think think you stand a chance without a plan, try racing against the AI at the hardest level. The Fuel Map is now your best friend. Embrace the pain and just know, master it and you’ll be racing with the best.

I have 100% gold on all the circuit experiences on GTS but some of these on GT7 are quite unbearable, even on my T300RS. Like, I am honestly to the point if I keep trying to get gold on the GT7 ones, I will stop playing the game lol. Everyone thinks the license test are hard, wait til they try some tracks in Circuit Experience. Tell me why PD thought it was a great idea to make these way harder for no reason. Some tracks I am over a second off, even on a wheel, so I am sorry for the controller users. Also went back to sport and the same sector 1 on Suzuka has the gold requirement 5 seconds slower. GT7 wants you to get a 33.600 where GTS wants a 38.900 with basically the same Gr.3 NSX, and GTS is lenient on track limits and walls. GT7 is strict just like the Licenses so I think PD either has to adjust the gold requirements and give more freedom on track limits like GTS or allow us to use our own cars.

Btw I am absolutely loving the game otherwise but man Circuit Experience is quite deceiving lol

The answer to this is simple. The Gold times were set by Lewis Hamilton and Igor Fraga, so OBVIOUSLY they're gonna be a bit on the difficult side.

....the above is speculation by the way :)

I wish they were set by the above but highly doubt it!
I beat the Nurburgring GP Gold time by 2.5 secs and there's no way I'm 2.5 seconds quicker than either of those two!

Attachments

• IMG_5090.jpeg
    IMG_5090.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 56
I'm so happy that they turned the difficulty up a notch. I am missing 20 seconds on the Nordschleife 👀

These tests is were i can track my improvements.

One of the few things PD did right. Making challenges more difficult.

Unlike GT Sport, I actually did have to try more than once to gold some of these challenges. Gold is supposed to be challenging. You can't do it? Practice more. I used a Dual Sense using right analog stick for throttle and brakes and R2/L2 for gear shifts and used no aids aside from factory ABS.

You can do it.

Laguna Seca is the hardest one for me so far. But other than I’ve never had any major issues.

It’s certainly a lot harder than GTS though.
Man, talk about a nightmare. I tried so many times to Gold Leguna Seca. I've got Gold in all sectors but Golding the full lap continues to elude me by 0.900! The Viper is a pig around that track!

Hi all! anyone tryed la Sarthe sector 5 in circuit experience after 1.06 update ? first curve in demonstration its flat out at 315km/h yet when i try the rear end spins out every time. Im playing on controller, assists and TC doesen't help at all

Back