GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

DON'T full lift Throttle you need all the Time a little bit Power an that Wheels.
I've found this to be the case for a lot of cars in this game, and it does help a lot. Previous versions of GT, you really only needed that technique on MR or RR cars.

nearly impossible with full throttle, back-end of the car doesn't have any grip at all. you have to lift off in order to get the porsche curves right. in the meantime "ghost of gold time" flies away.
Sorry but that is NOT true. The corners go flat, but it's extremely difficult because you have to steer at the right angle at exactly the right time... just 1 degree too much and you lose traction. So you have to drive very precisely. OR activate the countersteering assistant on STRONG. But even then, use proper technique to keep this beast under control.

I figured out a trick that's easier to drive than the ghost makes it out to be. But to do that you have to bring yourself to do it.. and the right steering is crucial.

Nummer:

13 = Flat
14 = Flat
15 = Flat
16 = Flat + Soft Brake
17 = Flat ( if you get the right Point and have perfekt Speed out of 16 )

Driving it like this keeps the car incredibly stable AND it's still incredibly fast. Then you lose most of the time Turns 18 to 21... this is where your head says you have to slow down, but especially 18 and 19 go quite fast.. Here you brake cleanly but late and hard, but under no circumstances go into the corners with too much brakes. 20 and 21 have to run more slowly, but without using the brakes, otherwise he won't give in, so reduce the speed in good time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220411-212233_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220411-212233_Samsung Internet.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 39
All these circuit experiences should be much harder. Most of these golded easily using DS5 no assists, each one should take much longer to perfect and not first or second try.

PD need to bring back the Vettel challenge difficulty from GT5 and ban assists.
If you’re getting gold on all of them first or second try that’d put you at world tour level speed; for the rest of us the challenge is sufficient.

Look at this.. you dont need things like that. DON'T full lift Throttle you need all the Time a little bit Power an that Wheels.
Than its he runs a lot more stable.

Btw: sorry for Double Posts.

But i hope that helps.

I'm not sure if it helped, but I beat it within a couple laps today. I was about to turn countersteer assist on, but managed without. The beginning of sector was wild. I slid across the curb on left and then on to the curbs on the right.

It was a 1:26.026, which is almost 8 tenths under gold.

edit: Are you using a wheel?

Last edited:
nearly impossible with full throttle, back-end of the car doesn't have any grip at all. you have to lift off in order to get the porsche curves right. in the meantime "ghost of gold time" flies away.
When I posted this, there was some kind of aero bug introduced making it much more difficult. It was literally impossible to take those corners flat. There was an update a few days later that resolved the issue and I did it no problem. Easy flat with smooth steering inputs.

I haven't tried again since the most recent update so have no idea if it's still as easy...

Last edited:
As someone mentioned earlier, Tsukuba is really easy, and out of line with the rest, difficulty wise, but I'm not complaining. Did all sectors and the full lap, and only drove 7.9 miles.

Miabia(sp?) at Tokyo DP, wasn't too bad either, and Broad Bean was a breeze.

Did all 3 of those last night to get my daily marathon.

This, alongside the S. Vettel Red Bull challenges in GT5 are the hardest challenges in Gran Turismo history. I spent dozens of hours on some of those events, at some of them I almost gave up.

Not to mention the Liceses from the early GTs (1-4) which were all much harder than what they have been since the HD era. And the infamous Mission 34 in GT4.

People who are starting now in GT7 are actually having it easy...
Ah, I remember being so happy just getting bronze in gt1, I was 9 I think. By the time 4 came along I thought I was getting somewhere, fk you coffee breaks and mission 34 🤣

I went back to Trial Mountain CE today. I did it soon after the game launched and got silver then using TC2. I managed to gold it today without TC. I found it quite rewarding driving the Mazda and putting into practice everything the game has taught me this last month. New skills like throttle control, coasting, and throttle to stabilise the car while being weary of weight transfer with elevation change are all required with this CE. I feel like I’ve come a long way getting to grips with the drastic change GT7 has been over GTS.

I don't even think I'm going to attempt bronze on the Nurburgring for the 1 million credits. The M6 GT3 is just the worst car ever in GT7.

Struggled with Laguna so far after trying to gold the full lap for around 45 minutes and still just under 4 tenths off. Managed the sectors relatively easily.

Most circuit experiences are moderate in difficulty but some were really hard. Tokyo Expressway Central Anti-clockwise full lap, Sardegna Road A sector 1, Le Mans last sector and full lap, Nurburgring Carousel sector and full lap gave me a particularly hard time.

I don't even think I'm going to attempt bronze on the Nurburgring for the 1 million credits. The M6 GT3 is just the worst car ever in GT7.
It isn't at all. At the risk of you thinking I'm attacking you personally, which I'm not, but if YOU can't handle the car then YOU should learn how to drive in GT7.

This car is great, but you have to notice and understand what it does when, what it can and cannot do.
Among other things, many have to struggle with the fact that it reacts with oversteer from almost every corner. You have to know that it has around 750 NM at almost all speeds, which is a lot, especially if they only drive the rear axle. That's why... gently out of the corner give it only 70-80% throttle until you notice that it's already moving forward well.. It sounds slow...but it's not, you can accelerate pretty early on, but just not that much, so you get a decent speed on it.

On corner entry it's the other way around... you think he has weak brakes, but he doesn't.. they're rather too strong, which overloads the front wheels, you have to release the brake far enough in time to allow the wheels to spin more freely and the engine brake with the differential brake the rear of the car and pull it around the corner.
This also applies to many Gr.3 RWD vehicles!

While others struggle with GR3
I might be the weirdest here, having hard time with "GR1" and specifically the current gen LMP1 cars

it feels like they had so low of a room for error and I feel very off or barely able to understand about it (Im using DS4, yes im on PS4)
1649869632685.png

like this one it took me 87KM for just Sardegna Road Track sector 1. Just ONE sector and it makes me mald already

because all the time I overshoot Turn 1 when Im fully convinced I had the same brake point as the demo. Its unlike GR3/Super Formula where I can just overturn stuff in, LMP1 is just cant its either perfect or too deep in the corner or too wide

I probably had the weirdest problem here, but I feel like New gen GR1 is the hardest to drive in the game, even Group C feels more comfort for me

Last edited:
I might be the weirdest here, having hard time with "GR1" and specifically the current gen LMP1 cars

it feels like they had so low of a room for error and I feel very off or barely able to understand about it (Im using DS4, yes im on PS4)
View attachment 1137296

like this one it took me 87KM for just Sardegna Road Track sector 1. Just ONE sector and it makes me mald already

because all the time I overshoot Turn 1 when Im fully convinced I had the same brake point as the demo. Its unlike GR3/Super Formula where I can just overturn stuff in, LMP1 is just cant its either perfect or too deep in the corner or too wide

I probably had the weirdest problem here, but I feel like New gen GR1 is the hardest to drive in the game, even Group C feels more comfort for me
I agree that the Gr1 CE’s were the hardest for me as well.

Nur and Bathurst aside the Gr3 challenges went very quickly for me.

I think on balance Gr1 Sardegna is the one I struggled with the most because of how small the margin of error is, for the full lap it was absolutely more difficult than Le Mans (where only the final sector was problematic).

The other French fantasy track (not Alsace) with the Gr1 was also tricky for me but I put that down to having no idea what the track was and having to learn it entirely from scratch for CE.

Started the Nordschleife CE this afternoon (controller player).

Golded all 11 sections within 1hr 30. Will attempt for the hot lap tonight.

Running -4 brake bias (as a certain Mr Fraga did within this thread) seemed to really make the car more manageable than I first anticipated.

I don't want to speak too soon but this is much easier than the Red Bull Suzuka GT5 challenge thus far...

(famous last words maybe) :D

I tentatively had a little dabble at the Ring and couldn’t even get silver in sector 1 after half an hour 😂. Quickly gave up. Didn’t change BB so I suppose that may have helped mitigate my ineptitude to some degree.

Went to Bathurst instead. I really like the 650 gt3 so I didn’t mind spending the two hours it took to gold it 😖. In my defense I had to learn the track from scratch pretty much. Another one ticked off and tbh I prefer the challenge of these CE over my usual game mode running dailies. They’re are just a dirty penalty filled mess atm so happy there is other stuff to do.

I went back to Trial Mountain CE today. I did it soon after the game launched and got silver then using TC2. I managed to gold it today without TC. I found it quite rewarding driving the Mazda and putting into practice everything the game has taught me this last month. New skills like throttle control, coasting, and throttle to stabilise the car while being weary of weight transfer with elevation change are all required with this CE. I feel like I’ve come a long way getting to grips with the drastic change GT7 has been over GTS.

Imagine if people in the physics thread could be open to learning, as you are, instead of just blaming.

Well done! I'm sure it's satisfying, enjoyable and fun for you, and that you've become a better driver in games as well as in real life.

Last edited:
You all talking about the Vettel challenges in GT5 being hard - do you mean Hamilton in GTS? Or did they at some point update the Vettel challenges to be harder? I don't recall those being too bad other than keeping that lunatic vehicle inside the track limits. More or less first time I got across the line on that second lap it was a gold. Probably a few tries but yeah.

I don't think I was an any better or worse driver back then than I was years later with GTS Hammy challenge. I bought it thinking "woohoo, easy money!" I think I golded two of the easier ones and gave up. Didn't even go back and bronze them all for the quick buck, I tapped out.

I'm pretty intimidated by the 'Ring CE but having watched Fraga's lap I see I can do it. Will be good practice too, which is the point. Trial Mountain and Deep Forest weren't too bad for me (I use T300RS) but for example Dragon Trail Gardens took me a lot of time 🤷‍♂️ I haven't done too many others beyond that.

It’s weird how some of us find different tracks easier or harder. Trial mountain was really tough for me; I was determined not to use TC so maybe that made it harder. I found both dragon trails relatively easy, took a few goes to get used to the cars but once I did I was fine. Sardegna I found probably the easiest of them all, surprised to see people struggling but then I read others having no issue with Bathurst or Monza which wasn’t the case for me

You all talking about the Vettel challenges in GT5 being hard - do you mean Hamilton in GTS? Or did they at some point update the Vettel challenges to be harder? I don't recall those being too bad other than keeping that lunatic vehicle inside the track limits. More or less first time I got across the line on that second lap it was a gold. Probably a few tries but yeah.
omg never mind about this. I fired up the old PS3 to verify my memory and I didn’t gold any of these hah. Basically just making it across to the finish equaled bronze and you were done, so that’s all I did

Golded 50% for now. For me quite easy were both dragon trails, monza, interlagos, brand hatch, high speed ring, red bull, spa, goodwood, fuji. Struggled with deep forest, trial mountain, mount panorama, laguna seca and autopolis.

Last edited:
Thought I'd redo Sector 2 of Deep Forrest since it's come up a few times in discussions on its difficulty, first 7 min is just trying to understand the car, track and physics being used, seemed to be much better to hold a higher gear

I'm using a DS4 with sensitivity at +5, no assists, not sure where the baked in counter steer assist is because I lost it a few times

Last edited:

View attachment 1137296

The R18 is quite unique to drive ... at lower speed (like T1 Sardgena) ... it does not have the best turn in behaviour due to no downforce at that speed.

It takes alot of getting used to to realise that low speed the car is a bit of an unresponsive rock - but over 80/90mph the grip levels are just INSANE.

I finally beat R18 Sardegna

only to suffer in the next one lol, the LM24
feels like you had to commit all the time and the suffering I had is the downhill in S1 then the whole S5

btw +228 is just purely 1-lap. I had to rest
1649945049425.png

Back