GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

I now have them all gold

I have 100% gold on all the circuit experiences on GTS but some of these on GT7 are quite unbearable, even on my T300RS. Like, I am honestly to the point if I keep trying to get gold on the GT7 ones, I will stop playing the game lol. Everyone thinks the license test are hard, wait til they try some tracks in Circuit Experience. Tell me why PD thought it was a great idea to make these way harder for no reason. Some tracks I am over a second off, even on a wheel, so I am sorry for the controller users. Also went back to sport and the same sector 1 on Suzuka has the gold requirement 5 seconds slower. GT7 wants you to get a 33.600 where GTS wants a 38.900 with basically the same Gr.3 NSX, and GTS is lenient on track limits and walls. GT7 is strict just like the Licenses so I think PD either has to adjust the gold requirements and give more freedom on track limits like GTS or allow us to use our own cars.

Btw I am absolutely loving the game otherwise but man Circuit Experience is quite deceiving lol
I have golded most of everything and I'm on a pad. I went back to gts as I didn't really play it and agree it was so easy yo gold everything. The way its been done this time I think is to extend the longevity of the game. I can go back to the Circuit experience once doing a daily race on it and put better times in Circuit experience. You'll get there bud.

Finally golded the Le Mans CE. Full lap and sector 5 took me at least 600km which has never happened to me. Licence S-7 took me 70km, S-10 also under 100km, even Nurburgring full lap took me about 120km.

The balance for this challenge on a pad is crazy, what were they thinking? I honestly think this gold is Unobtanium for 99% of the community (using DS4/5).

Last edited:
First things first... every rider has different qualities and needs. And that's a good thing, so there are clear differences in the CE experiences here.. some find X difficult, others Y. It is interesting that only a few notice that there is also a clear difference in experience and preference on individual routes. I can do one stretch quite well, many others just barely, still others I can only do if I practice for a long time and still others probably drive me to despair, but mostly because I don't like them. I have e.g. Had Deep Forest done in minutes, it's not my favorite track but I've used it extensively before to tune up some of my vehicles.
As a result, it only took me a moment to grasp how the car behaves and what I need to do to make it drive as I expect it to.

I think the CE is very good the way it is, some things could be more difficult, but so far I haven't had anything where I would say it urgently needs to be made easier.
I also see no point in changing anything. The given cars.... except for the Lancia Delta HF Integrale are fun, sometimes extremely demanding, but you get countless cars to "test drive" and maybe even discover a new favorite that suits your own driving style really well.

In my opinion, changes to the tires make no sense, because then all the times would have to be changed, otherwise everything would be much too easy.

PD could even let us ride hard with comfort, if the times are taken it wouldn't make a difference. Except for the difference that the hard tires have a wider limit, at least for me. The soft tires last longer, but it seems to me that they lose grip more severely if you overdo it.

I had to turn ASM on for the first time to get through the lambo on Barcelona and the R8 on deep forest. Wtf is up with the handling of those two cars I don't know. Other Mid engine rwd cars are fine. I found the CE at Bathurst fairly easy for example in the McLaren. Laguna Seca in the viper is the hardest I've found time wise vs car handling for other tracks. Last time I played the game I spent probably 45 minutes trying for gold and turned the game off about .2 off the gold. About to have another go

Once you learn the car and learn to keep some throttle through the turns the car is a beast.. I agree it is not friendly car to just hop in though.
Golded deep forest with this audi r8 but its just terrible. Kie25 made good setups for it when there was Daytona daily race and after this changes it started to handle like proper gt3 race car and not like abomination ;d

I just want to share my pain trying to gold the Le Mans lap.. just set this lap after a 5 hour struggle

Attachments

• FA5C72F5-39BE-4D65-99BC-B7E2D58E739E.jpeg
    FA5C72F5-39BE-4D65-99BC-B7E2D58E739E.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 21
First things first... every rider has different qualities and needs. And that's a good thing, so there are clear differences in the CE experiences here.. some find X difficult, others Y. It is interesting that only a few notice that there is also a clear difference in experience and preference on individual routes. I can do one stretch quite well, many others just barely, still others I can only do if I practice for a long time and still others probably drive me to despair, but mostly because I don't like them. I have e.g. Had Deep Forest done in minutes, it's not my favorite track but I've used it extensively before to tune up some of my vehicles.
As a result, it only took me a moment to grasp how the car behaves and what I need to do to make it drive as I expect it to.

I think the CE is very good the way it is, some things could be more difficult, but so far I haven't had anything where I would say it urgently needs to be made easier.
I also see no point in changing anything. The given cars.... except for the Lancia Delta HF Integrale are fun, sometimes extremely demanding, but you get countless cars to "test drive" and maybe even discover a new favorite that suits your own driving style really well.
The biggest problem is the fact that PD did their lap times benchmark using a gaming peripheral not included with the standard PS4/5 package, in other words - all of their times were done on a wheel and by (my assumptiom) some of the best GT drivers in the world (Hizal, Fraga etc.).

Now, I am not one of those players but I don't find myself slow at all. Before I moved out of my house I used to have a sim setup (GT3RS with CSP) and back in my GT5 days when I was a bit younger - I could hold my own against the likes of really fast players and the like in online races and I used to hit at least top 50 in time trials I bothered to enter (I intentionally say top 50, just as an example). I've never had issues with golding events on a DS3 apart from my experiences here in GT7. I'm not complaining but only stating that some times are simply crazy to be achieved by general player base.

Now wheel setup helps with consistency and, in regards to the events I used to have troubles with - wheel allows precise steering input, something which is essential in said challenges.

GT7 physics isn't good and GT7 physics isn't realistic (lateral and longitudal tire grip give way too easily). Handling behaviour of 908 is as if it doesn't have any rear axle grip at high speed, the rear gives way laterally way too easily, quickly and unpredictably (if LMPs handled like this in real life - 24h of Le Mans would be cancelled since too many people would be crashing). Same goes for almost all race cars (and rear wheel driven cars in general). Just watch some videos of people driving/racing and observe their steering input, it's way less than what's required in GT7.

Also, in Le Mans CE - demo is set in the afternoon whereas we drive in the morning. Track surface is at a lower temperature than demo times.

Now, physics aside - I can't do anything in that regard other than adapt, but some gold times are, at least, 0.5 - 1s lower than what would be deemed "fun".

When games stop being fun - that's where I draw the line. At least that's just how I see things.

I just want to share my pain trying to gold the Le Mans lap.. just set this lap after a 5 hour struggle
I can only imagine how it feels... Did you choke in the last chikane?

Last edited:
Didn't know you can get penalties, all I've been getting were DQs.
I didn't either until I did the Trial Mountain CE. On the fast left right section just after the start I kept getting pinned .5 for slightly overstepping the limits on the right part, and I despite trying I couldn't burn it off and still get Gold before the finish line. Eventually I got it clean though.

Last edited:
I found my next Laguna Seca. It's Lago Maggiore. I just got the silver time, but I have to get 2 more seconds, which seems like a tough ask.

The biggest problem is the fact that PD did their lap times benchmark using a gaming peripheral not included with the standard PS4/5 package, in other words - all of their times were done on a wheel and by (my assumptiom) some of the best GT drivers in the world (Hizal, Fraga etc.).

Now, I am not one of those players but I don't find myself slow at all. Before I moved out of my house I used to have a sim setup (GT3RS with CSP) and back in my GT5 days when I was a bit younger - I could hold my own against the likes of really fast players and the like in online races and I used to hit at least top 50 in time trials I bothered to enter (I intentionally say top 50, just as an example). I've never had issues with golding events on a DS3 apart from my experiences here in GT7. I'm not complaining but only stating that some times are simply crazy to be achieved by general player base.

Now wheel setup helps with consistency and, in regards to the events I used to have troubles with - wheel allows precise steering input, something which is essential in said challenges.

GT7 physics isn't good and GT7 physics isn't realistic (lateral and longitudal tire grip give way too easily). Handling behaviour of 908 is as if it doesn't have any rear axle grip at high speed, the rear gives way laterally way too easily, quickly and unpredictably (if LMPs handled like this in real life - 24h of Le Mans would be cancelled since too many people would be crashing). Same goes for almost all race cars (and rear wheel driven cars in general). Just watch some videos of people driving/racing and observe their steering input, it's way less than what's required in GT7.

Also, in Le Mans CE - demo is set in the afternoon whereas we drive in the morning. Track surface is at a lower temperature than demo times.

Now, physics aside - I can't do anything in that regard other than adapt, but some gold times are, at least, 0.5 - 1s lower than what would be deemed "fun".

When games stop being fun - that's where I draw the line. At least that's just how I see things.

I can only imagine how it feels... Did you choke in the last chikane?
Sorry, but this is about CE and what the experiences/problems are like and collecting tips on how to do it.

Any "conspiracy theories" / "hate speech" about perceived or real problems have no place here.
Especially since there are countless players who can achieve said CE with a pad.
So I ask you, and this applies not only to you but to anyone who says that something is impossible, to take a step back and then realize that you just have to practice more.
LeMans, for example, was relatively easy for me once I realized what to look out for. All in all, it took me around 30 to 45 minutes for my gold times there. So it's doable, I'm NOT saying it's easy for everyone. However, I do like the Gr2 and Gr1 cars a lot as that venomous response appeals to me.

If you’re using a pad you’re actually at quite a significant advantage specifically with the snap oversteer. Pad has incredibly obvious counter steer assist always on. Wheel has many advantages but this isn’t one of them.

Last edited:
If you’re using a pad you’re actually at quite a significant advantage specifically with the snap oversteer. Pad has incredibly obvious counter steer assist always on. Wheel has many advantages but this isn’t one of them.
Because the obvious counter steer assist clearly worked here

Because the obvious counter steer assist clearly worked here
Presuming that’s a video of someone spinning out doesn’t preclude the point. Pad has undefeatable counter steer assist active. It’s not a magic glue it just is. Many pad players find it quite annoying as it interferes with their control, as Sturk is finding in Race A.

Presuming that’s a video of someone spinning out doesn’t preclude the point. Pad has undefeatable counter steer assist active. It’s not a magic glue it just is. Many pad players find it quite annoying as it interferes with their control, as Sturk is finding in Race A.
It’s a video of me spinning for the first 7min, with no indication or obvious attempts of an always on active assist, can’t feel any interference with my inputs either

Last edited:
It’s a video of me spinning for the first 7min, with no indication or obvious attempts of an always on active assist, can’t feel any interference with my inputs either
You wouldn’t be able to feel it because it’s default. When you go from a wheel to a pad it’s incredibly obvious. The wheel has the massive advantage of better throttle control which is essential for the r8. I could send you a video of me spinning out with a wheel which is a lot longer than 7 minutes

Last edited:
Man the Bathurst gold is harder than it needs to be. I managed gold in sectors 1, 3 and 4 on my first run so I am pretty handy around Bathurst but always struggle in sector 2, especially through the right hander after the cutting. In saying that, the McLaren, just an absolute nightmare to deal with. I have absolutely ZERO idea what the front end is gonna do on any given corner, especially mcphillamy (the last of the fast left handers). One lap it will pitch in and take the turn too tight, next lap it sort of almost gets air and understeers off, so inconsistent, i found it so unpredictable, i was just guessing until i lucked out.

I have said this before but the TC is ruining the game for me. GT cars should use TC, they use it in real life, even TC1 is INCREDIBLY intrusive, it just ruthlessly bogs down the car on each exit, especially out of forests elbow and the cutting. If I turn TC off i am walking on egg shells, like how is TC1 so damn intrusive, what's the point c TC2 through 5 then????

I can live with the cars being more pointy than GTS, i can live with the road cars being a garbage fire to drive, mostly because the cars with aero are much more user friendly, but this TC1 cutting and soaking me for 2 seconds a lap is seriously annoying.

Incredibly frustrating.

Last edited:
Man the Bathurst gold is harder than it needs to be. I managed gold in sectors 1, 3 and 4 on my first run so I am pretty handy around Bathurst but always struggle in sector 2, especially through the right hander after the cutting. In saying that, the McLaren, just an absolute nightmare to deal with. I have absolutely ZERO idea what the front end is gonna do on any given corner, especially mcphillamy (the last of the fast left handers). One lap it will pitch in and take the turn too tight, next lap it sort of almost gets air and understeers off, so inconsistent, i found it so unpredictable, i was just guessing until i lucked out.

I have said this before but the TC is ruining the game for me. GT cars should use TC, they use it in real life, even TC1 is INCREDIBLY intrusive, it just ruthlessly bogs down the car on each exit, especially out of forests elbow and the cutting. If I turn TC off i am walking on egg shells, like how is TC1 so damn intrusive, what's the point c TC2 through 5 then????

I can live with the cars being more pointy than GTS, i can live with the road cars being a garbage fire to drive, mostly because the cars with aero are much more user friendly, but this TC1 cutting and soaking me for 2 seconds a lap is seriously annoying.

Incredibly frustrating.
I can't confirm what you describe, I always drive with TC1 first and thrive on it, only when I want to gain the very last bit of time do I deactivate TCS.

I don't find it intrusive and it doesn't slow me down at all...please don't be mad if TCS bothers you too much then you're going wrong with way too much accelerator.

I just tried Interlagos. As people said, it is completely easy... Perhaps the easiest one in the game - I think I even found BB Raceway harder.

I also tried Trial Mountain again and on my second attempt beat the gold time by 0.4 seconds. I'm pretty proud of myself, I can't lie.

Incredibly frustrating.
Sorry but mclaren is one of nicer gr3 cars to drive :d

Incredibly frustrating.
The Mclaren is probably my favourite car in the game for me. Imagine if they put you in the R8 for that CE!

R3V
What's the margin on the Nordschleiffe full lap?

Sector 1 was pretty hard with that POS car. Could only get gold by a tenth and it took me a while. Sectors 2 and 3 were easy. I stopped there.
I ran 6:28-29 last night, but I was chucking the car around like a mad man and it took me an 30m- 1h to best my PB

You are both saying that because the back end of the mclaren is quite stable, I am not complaining about that. The front end though, I find very unpredictable compared to say the Porsche for example.

Sorry, but this is about CE and what the experiences/problems are like and collecting tips on how to do it.

Any "conspiracy theories" / "hate speech" about perceived or real problems have no place here.
Especially since there are countless players who can achieve said CE with a pad.
So I ask you, and this applies not only to you but to anyone who says that something is impossible, to take a step back and then realize that you just have to practice more.
LeMans, for example, was relatively easy for me once I realized what to look out for. All in all, it took me around 30 to 45 minutes for my gold times there. So it's doable, I'm NOT saying it's easy for everyone. However, I do like the Gr2 and Gr1 cars a lot as that venomous response appeals to me.
First, do you know what hate speech is?
Second, I said I managed to gold said events, that's not the problem - the problem is poor balancing of CE. For example, some events can be done in a few minutes yet some require hours.
Poor balancing is helped by the fact physics suck (again, I will repeat - the way some cars handle have no connection to reality whatsoever).

I'm sure a good ammount of community members will laugh when they fix the physics in a few months confirming people were right in regards to physics being broken. Just take a look at S5 demo, car handles completely different through turns 1 - 3.

Finally golded the Le Mans CE. Full lap and sector 5 took me at least 600km which has never happened to me. Licence S-7 took me 70km, S-10 also under 100km, even Nurburgring full lap took me about 120km.

The balance for this challenge on a pad is crazy, what were they thinking? I honestly think this gold is Unobtanium for 99% of the community (using DS4/5).
Is the setup on the 908 HDi FAP still broken in the Circuit Experience? I know before the recent updates it was hilariously oversteery even in high speed sections like Porsche, so I haven't even tried it.

First, do you know what hate speech is?
Second, I said I managed to gold said events, that's not the problem - the problem is poor balancing of CE. For example, some events can be done in a few minutes yet some require hours.
Poor balancing is helped by the fact physics suck (again, I will repeat - the way some cars handle have no connection to reality whatsoever).

I'm sure a good ammount of community members will laugh when they fix the physics in a few months confirming people were right in regards to physics being broken. Just take a look at S5 demo, car handles completely different through turns 1 - 3.
As I said, think whatever you want... "Physics broken" I can't hear it anymore.... If you don't like it the way it is, complain to PD 😉
I can generally live with it as it is.. all Gr4 to Gr1 vehicles behave in a generally drivable way... some could use a little bit of tweaking, but the vast majority is fine with me.

But again the discussion about "physics" has lost nothing here. This is about CE experiences and, if necessary, advice, instructions on how to create them.

Back