GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

I did 300 at Bathurst lol.
I was around there too! The track is just so demanding bro… I would rate it in my top three for toughest tracks!

I’m not trying to sound greedy and unappreciative but why don’t we get an all silver bonus when getting gold on the CE events? Am I missing something?

I was around there too! The track is just so demanding bro… I would rate it in my top three for toughest tracks!

I’m not trying to sound greedy and unappreciative but why don’t we get an all silver bonus when getting gold on the CE events? Am I missing something?
Would make sense to get an all silver prize. And perhaps put silver less close to the gold times. As it stands the silver is kind of pointless.
Bathurst was bloody hard but probably one of the most satisfying gaming moments I’ve had when I did it. It’s a lap that looks so cool when you hook it up. Having to get so close to everything you look like a pro on the replay. I’m very grateful they gave us a decent car to do it in as well.

Last edited:
Would make sense to get an all silver prize. And perhaps put silver less close to the gold times. As it stands the silver is kind of pointless.
Bathurst was bloody hard but probably one of the most satisfying gaming moments I’ve had when I did it. It’s a lap that looks so cool when you hook it up. Having to get so close to everything you look like a pro on the replay. I’m very grateful they gave us a decent car to do it in as well.
Yes I was going to ask you did you watch your replay.. makes you feel like a pro! In GTS I think you got money for getting the silver time just as you do with Bronz that’s why I was asking I’m Trying to get all the money 💰 😂

Yes I was going to ask you did you watch your replay.. makes you feel like a pro! In GTS I think you got money for getting the silver time just as you do with Bronz that’s why I was asking I’m Trying to get all the money 💰 😂
I watched the replay, saved the replay, made my girlfriend watch it! She did a valiant job at pretending to care 😂

I did well on Bathurst, Tsukuba, all of the ovals, Dragon Trail, Redbull Ring and Nurb GP but I cannot do a single sector of Brands Hatch, Nordschleife and a lot more.
Damn PD, they really set the bar for the most difficult missions I've ever did on GT :nervous:

I find it really weird how the full lap trials seem harder than the individual sectors. I've been trying to do Trial Mountain today and I got all of the sectors on the first or second try... The lap though? Impossible. I can't get under 1:53.2 no matter how hard I try. Somewhere I keep on losing time but it's different every lap and I keep on losing control in a different part of the track. Even worse is that every attempt I make, I get slower. I definitely find Circuit Experience harder than GTS and to be honest it's sucking all of my enjoyment out of the game. It's just not fun with a controller and I have no money or space to get a wheel, which means that entire part of the game is locked out for me.

(If any of you have tips for Trail Mountain please, please tell me)

I find it really weird how the full lap trials seem harder than the individual sectors. I've been trying to do Trial Mountain today and I got all of the sectors on the first or second try... The lap though? Impossible. I can't get under 1:53.2 no matter how hard I try. Somewhere I keep on losing time but it's different every lap and I keep on losing control in a different part of the track. Even worse is that every attempt I make, I get slower. I definitely find Circuit Experience harder than GTS and to be honest it's sucking all of my enjoyment out of the game. It's just not fun with a controller and I have no money or space to get a wheel, which means that entire part of the game is locked out for me.

(If any of you have tips for Trail Mountain please, please tell me)
I found that especialy in Laguna Seca when final lap is defenitly more demanding than individual sectors but for example Suzuka is opposite as sector 1 is only hard. Trial mointain was hard for me too, just be sure you can gold consistanly all sectors and maybe in some with safe gap to gold time

Last edited:
The thing is it's easy to nail sectors but not so easy to nail a lap. The times set by PD are on the threshold of close to perfection which isn't easy to attain often.

I was trying the first variation of Tokyo Expressway, a track that I love. It wasn't easy to nail the sectors & could manage a silver after 2 tries for the 1 lap attack. It's like every corner/apex has to be nailed in order to get Gold.

It's fun & challenging but tests the patience for sure.

I have only done NGP, where i am very good, and it was easy despite the AMG being a complete and utter mess compared to GTS. It was my favourite car, now it's a squirrly mess.

I will give bathurst a lash based on the comments i see here. $1m for gold is good going though, slowly building a war chest.

The lap is actually easier but it’s the consistency you need to nail them all together… that’s what makes the lap harder.. but I think they give you more room for error when doing the full lap sectors, vs the sectors by themselves!

Last edited:
I'm really loving circuit experiences in gt7, a lot of them have been very dufficult, like le mans, but that's why getting all golds was so satisfying, i can't understand people that say that is too dufficult, they're what they should be and getting golds is making me a LOT faster, which is what they're supposed to do.

I'm really loving circuit experiences in gt7, a lot of them have been very dufficult, like le mans, but that's why getting all golds was so satisfying, i can't understand people that say that is too dufficult, they're what they should be and getting golds is making me a LOT faster, which is what they're supposed to do.
What I like also is they used the same cars from GT7 as in GTS and while the times are hard to achieve the drives is also challenging which in my opinion makes it so much better in GT7… I remember blasting through the CE in GTS is was crumb cake… In GT7 while I am still golding them they are so much more challenging and actually taking me time to finish.

Just yesterday I played the Sarthe track for the first time in GT world series championship (The last chapter of the menu book). Just love the changes to the track when compared to GT sport one.

The thing is it's easy to nail sectors but not so easy to nail a lap. The times set by PD are on the threshold of close to perfection which isn't easy to attain often.

I was trying the first variation of Tokyo Expressway, a track that I love. It wasn't easy to nail the sectors & could manage a silver after 2 tries for the 1 lap attack. It's like every corner/apex has to be nailed in order to get Gold.

It's fun & challenging but tests the patience for sure.
Ken Miles agrees

The lap is actually easier but it’s the consistency you need to nail them all together… that’s what makes the lap harder.. but I think they give you more room for error when doing the full lap sectors, vs the sectors by themselves!
I have noticed more room for error in some instances, where I have knowingly done a lap that wasn't my best but I still got gold. The inconsistency of difficulty is what I don't really like; the mode was added to GTS to teach tracks but taking into account GT7's inconsistent difficulty and the removal of the really useful voiced guides means it's not as valuable anymore. It's just another S license at this point.

It's useful from a content perspective, a cash earning perspective and a distraction when the online events are poor.

For bathurst, Skyline through Forrests elbow is key, you gotta be super, super brave, like borderline stupid.

I have noticed more room for error in some instances, where I have knowingly done a lap that wasn't my best but I still got gold. The inconsistency of difficulty is what I don't really like; the mode was added to GTS to teach tracks but taking into account GT7's inconsistent difficulty and the removal of the really useful voiced guides means it's not as valuable anymore. It's just another S license at this point.
Some laps I’ve felt are really sloppy but get gold, Kyoto for instance. As if you just have to string silver sector times together. Others feel like you’ve got to nail the lap as if you were getting gold every sector when doing it one sector at a time was hard enough.

I think i found a problem, at laguna seca all the sectors are imcredibly easy to gold, while the lap is kinda difficult, the problem is that sectors doesn't teach you anything with those times, fortunenately LS is th only track with that problem.

There are some improvements I'd make to make CE more useful and enjoyable. Firstly, I'd bring back the cone markers. I believe these were replaced with the braking area, but the latter is useless for CE as it is dynamic (so can't form a point of reference) and vastly overestimates the distance needed to brake. Secondly, I'd put an accelerator/brake display above the ghost car as I often can't see the brake lights of the ghost, either due to distance or the ghost not showing them properly. I'd also want the YouTube videos to return as they were really helpful in teaching how to drive the track. Soft tires would also be useful, but I'd go even further and standardise the car for all tracks - every car handles differently and therefore removing this variation means we can focus on learning the track and not the car as well.

Somebody on YouTube made pace notes for the Nurburgring, which is a really useful idea. Perhaps we could all chip in and make the pace notes for every track?

I'd also want the YouTube videos to return as they were really helpful in teaching how to drive the track.
Videos where cool and bringed some life to game but defenitly prefer replays as are much faster and easier to rewind and you don't have to listen same talk about corner over and over again (videos as an addition would be nice but not as a replacement of replays).

Last edited:
I can say Interlagos CE is very easy, maybe too easy.
CE in GT7 has too big easy-very hard difficulty gap.

Sardegna road course is currently eating my lunch and I can't get gold in first section. .092 off. Have over 300 miles on the car. Seems like every time I have a good run the car fails me on the last turn with a BS wheel spin. This makes laguna, DF and Dragon seem easy.

Update: After another 85 miles, close to 400miles, I got gold on the first section. 29.338

Last edited:
The Ford GT at Daytona was giving me a little bit of annoyance until I realized I was making a critical error. I was short shifting a bit too far below the redline and losing several tenths on the straight. Golded immediately as I realized this error.

Side note, this car in particular sounds incredible.

I also didn't have too hard of a time as some with the R8 at Deep Forest. This car has had a funky, super unforgiving lift off oversteer ever since older versions of this car dating back even as far as GT5. Maintaining a bit of throttle instead of lifting off is tricky, especially if you have a controller, but is the key to getting this car to behave mid-corner.

Last edited:
Sardegna road course is currently eating my lunch and I can't get gold in first section. .092 off. Have over 300 miles on the car. Seems like every time I have a good run the car fails me on the last turn with a BS wheel spin. This makes laguna, DF and Dragon seem easy.
Yea that was tough to gold man… I also only use cockpit view and it was extremely hard to see out of that car also.. your almost there and will get it eventually good luck! 👍

@Peter. Loved driving that car during the CE!

Last edited:
Fishersman’s Ranch was right up there in terms of difficulty for me. I wasn’t really familiar with the layout and the jumps were a real pain in the ass.

Last edited:
Took me over 100 miles to get the 1st sector gold at Suzuka in the NSX Gr3. On a controller, but don't feel sorry, think it's wheel users that are having the more difficult time.
I agree, i used the GT DD Pro for a couple of weeks, then returned it (lack of FF in the game, not the wheel fault i think). And went back to the controller and the car is noticeable easier to control. With the wheel it was spinnig like on ice. But then again, good drivers like theKie have no problem at all so...

I have gold on all licenses and zero golds on circuit experience, have tried only 2 though.

I agree, i used the GT DD Pro for a couple of weeks, then returned it (lack of FF in the game, not the wheel fault i think). And went back to the controller and the car is noticeable easier to control. With the wheel it was spinnig like on ice. But then again, good drivers like theKie have no problem at all so...

I have gold on all licenses and zero golds on circuit experience, have tried only 2 though.
How is this even possible? You should try a G29 😆

Back