GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

That’s exactly what I did. Had TC off for S 1 and 2 then flicked it to 1 on the straight before the hairpin so all I needed to worry about was my lines
I have seen Real GT3 drivers do this and top Sim drivers do this also so I was cool with it.. I have always felt if GT wanted to be in the serious talks with the big Sims TC was going to have to be implemented.. obviously it’s not perfect but with time hopefully they make it even better. I did it’s job for us though we got the GOLD!

Use a good bit of the kerb on the right before diving across the apex, that seemed to work for me, my problem was the 2 corners before the sector finish, got it eventually

I'm sure my problem is all the corners, but always being down on the demo in the first corner doesn't help. I have tried generous use of the right kerb but that takes practice in itself and I'm still down on the demo. I can't maintain the speed. Then if it's looking decent I get a slide on exit and drop time.

Edit: First sector is in. I hope the rest are more forgiving, because I doubt I can repeat that.

Last edited:
700 miles I ploughed into the Nurburgring today. I crossed the finish line twice. Both times miles off gold. It’s completely beyond me

Laguna Seca will have to wait, left the lap attack on silver and completed the rest of the Americas, working my way through Europe now. Colorado Springs deserves a special mention for being particularly infuriating.

I'm guessing guys saying the 908 has massive snap oversteer at high speed are on pads not using wheels? Think I golded the last sector on the 2nd go and gold on the full lap first go and moved on.
Yep, high speed on the controller is difficult, where on the wheel it is much easier. The opposite is true for low speed stuff. The controller has a kind of smoothing built into the inputs so helps stabilise the car at low speeds where it is removed or reduced for the high speed stuff. Also the higher gears slows down the rotation of the wheels, so if you get off line through a corner, but the time you exit the corner and need to turn the other way, the wheels won't turn fast enough. This can be a major issue in the last corners of the Porsche Curves at Circuit de la Sarthe.

The other thing with the 908 is, you are running such high speed through the Porsche Curves, you are exceeding the grip limits available to the rear tires. The faster you go, the more narrow the line becomes that is available to you. You step over that line and the rear end breaks and your into the barrier. On a racing wheel, you can be very precise and it is easier to run on the knife edge that it is requiring to go flat out. On a controller, you have to hit that same knife edge but you are doing it within the range of an analog stick, which isn't easy to do. Thankfully you don't need to take those corners flat out to achieve gold, so pulling a little back from max throttle gives you enough wiggle room for the analog controller. Still easier said than done.

It is something I achieved today! A total of 616km down to complete all sectors and lap, although the better part of 450km for the lap alone. I did it on a dual sense with no aids or HUD, and I messed up the entry to the Porsche curves! I loved the challenge, and coming out of it I have better awareness and car control than I did going in. I really felt I have learned a lot from this CE alone compared to the rest and kind of wish that the rest of them were more in line with the Circuit de la Sarthe difficulty for the Gold.

This was my first lap I actually completed today as I hadn't gotten past the exit of the Porsche Curves in the prior 350km today. Also the first lap I didn't lock my tires at any of the corners. I thought I had at Arnage, which is brilliantly tricky, but I must have been just on the limit with the tyre squeal I got.

A replay with the HUD for those that want to see my inputs.

Yesterday completed Trial Mountain. Out of all the sectors, the 1st sector took the most time to Gold.

The funny thing is trying to get Gold in individual sectors seemed more harrowing than the entire lap attack. In a few tries, I was able to gold this circuit.

Some tracks are worth trying & trying as long as they're amongst Your favorite tracks.

700 miles I ploughed into the Nurburgring today. I crossed the finish line twice. Both times miles off gold. It’s completely beyond me
The issue with this track is there's no room for error. Grass or gravel on either side. Another issue is it takes 6-8 minutes to complete 1 lap. This makes me cautious driving around here.

But with the right car & right tires, this track is a pleasure to drive on.

Sardegna is gold. The toughest part is the 1st sector, and the part where you have to slot the car into a tiny envelope. On my gold lap I had to lift.

The issue with this track is there's no room for error. Grass or gravel on either side. Another issue is it takes 6-8 minutes to complete 1 lap. This makes me cautious driving around here.

I find it very hard not my just finding the limit, but remembering what the limit is! It’s so rare I get to the final sectors that when I do I’ve forgotten where to go 😂. I should have mentioned that this is my first time attacking the track. Up till now I’d never raced on it or tried to learn it before.
It would definitely be a more enjoyable experience with a car that doesn’t want to kill you.

I don't mind them beeing as difficult as they are, but what for are silver trophies included. You get bronze with eyes closed and for gold I am realky struggeling and that is ok.so with knowing this, I do quick laps earning bronze as there is no serious reason grinding for gold as earning silver doesn't pay out. Silver trophies overall in this game are for nothing. All the prizing and payouts feel so useless and wrong in GT7, just like the licenses. What are they for?

I find it very hard not my just finding the limit, but remembering what the limit is! It’s so rare I get to the final sectors that when I do I’ve forgotten where to go 😂. I should have mentioned that this is my first time attacking the track. Up till now I’d never raced on it or tried to learn it before.
It would definitely be a more enjoyable experience with a car that doesn’t want to kill you.
Talking about the limit, Igor Fraga posted his lap on yt with a crazy 6:22,9 🤯🤯🤯

He made also a video with tips:

Good luck with it!

I feel as it’s more what tracks we actually like and know like the back of our hand… there were some I found easy like the Laguna CE but people found it as being hard. I also like like Laguna a lot. Congrats on your gold on the ring.

Yeah you're right. Although I feel like I know the ring pretty well, but there are just so many nuances to that circuit that you forget just how challenging it is to drive fast in every sector.

I guess that's what makes it the best circuit in the world - you never truly master it.

I got gold on all sectors/1 lap on the 4x remaining Tokyo tracks & gold on the 1 lap of Sardegna road today.

(On controller a couple of the Tokyo hairpins required the handbrake otherwise i lost too much time. I got gold on the 1 lap before the sectors, so i got to know the flow of the tracks (i hate the Tokyo tracks!))

So i'm now left with these to get gold on:-

USA
  • Fisherman's Ranch - 1 Lap (haven't attempted yet, dirt physics are terrible but will give it a go soon)
Europe
  • Nordschleife - 1 Lap (around 10 seconds off gold with a slow'ish lap)
  • Leman's - Sector 5 + 1 Lap (on controller there is no rear downforce through the highspeed curves on update 1.12)
  • St Croix - 1 Lap (0.2 off a gold time)
Getting there :D

Last edited:

There is plenty of room for error on the Ring challenge. Compared to Le Mans, Colorado Springs, Laguna Seca, Dragon Trail Seaside, Bathurst and Autopolis - Nordschleife is quite tame. On my gold lap I absolutely botched the Karussel yet managed to gold it by a second or two (on DS4). The biggest problem with Nordschleife is the track itself, you have to push at 98% throughout the entire 20.7km, 2% is room for error. But compared to aforementioned tracks, the Ring is actually fun.

Biggest nightmare was Le Mans, Dragon Trail was horrible aswell.

Based on my distance during attempts, my perception of difficulty is as follows:

1. Le Mans (600km)
2. Dragon Trail Seaside (180km)
3. Laguna Seca (140km)
4. Autopolis (120km)
5. Nordschleife (140km)
6. Colorado Springs (90km)
7. Bathurst (80km)

Just for comparison, S-7 licence took me 70km and S-10 took me 90km.

None of these I want to attempt ever again.

Last edited:
I got gold on all sectors/1 lap on the 4x remaining Tokyo tracks & gold on the 1 lap of Sardegna road today.

(On controller a couple of the Tokyo hairpins required the handbrake otherwise i lost too much time. I got gold on the 1 lap before the sectors, so i got to know the flow of the tracks (i hate the Tokyo tracks!))

So i'm now left with these to get gold on:-

USA
  • Fisherman's Ranch - 1 Lap (haven't attempted yet, dirt physics are terrible but will give it a go soon)
Europe
  • Nordschleife - 1 Lap (around 10 seconds off gold with a slow'ish lap)
  • Leman's - Sector 5 + 1 Lap (on controller there is no rear downforce through the highspeed curves on update 1.12)
  • St Croix - 1 Lap (0.2 off a gold time)
Getting there :D

Forgot to mention Let Man's. I golded every sector first go except sector 5, which I am still like 2 seconds off?? Can't do better than bronze at the moment.

I feel like it's all in the last chicane but not sure what I'm doing wrong...

I'm not even gonna try lasarthe or the ring. Not a huge fan of super long tracks, my brain is full of enough crapbthat memorizing 6000 turns has no appeal.

Lemans sector 5 & St Croix 1 lap, both now gold. On controller for Lemans I needed a partial lift going into the first right hander to stop the car from spinning.

Fisherman's Ranch, Nordschleife, Leman's - 1 Lap of each left to get gold on.

Last edited:
Completed all on gold last saturday, now all the singleplayer content, licenses, missions and circuit experiences are golded.
Waiting for the three legendary gold trophy for make the finish with platinum.
Did it all on controller.
That's craziness, what an achievement. I actually have no idea how you'd do either Barcelona or Nurburgring on a controller. I swear to god I couldn't do it if you gave me 10,000 hours.

Well done!

That's craziness, what an achievement. I actually have no idea how you'd do either Barcelona or Nurburgring on a controller. I swear to god I couldn't do it if you gave me 10,000 hours.

Well done!
Barcelona you need to handle the car very gently and put traction control on 1 otherwise you can forget it with that lambo, nurburgring, breakbias on 3 to the rear and traction control can stay off but watch out with the throttle on corner exits, you need to learn there where you can keep full throttle and don’t be afraid and you will reach it

Last edited:
Luckily the dailies aren’t that interesting this week as I’m determined to get this Nurburgring gold. I’m 700 miles into it now 🙃
If you like we can open this evening a lobby so you can try to follow or get followed to get some tips in where to improve.

One more to check off the list...

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20220417214559.png
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220417214559.png
    381.5 KB · Views: 21
I now have them all gold

I have 100% gold on all the circuit experiences on GTS but some of these on GT7 are quite unbearable, even on my T300RS. Like, I am honestly to the point if I keep trying to get gold on the GT7 ones, I will stop playing the game lol. Everyone thinks the license test are hard, wait til they try some tracks in Circuit Experience. Tell me why PD thought it was a great idea to make these way harder for no reason. Some tracks I am over a second off, even on a wheel, so I am sorry for the controller users. Also went back to sport and the same sector 1 on Suzuka has the gold requirement 5 seconds slower. GT7 wants you to get a 33.600 where GTS wants a 38.900 with basically the same Gr.3 NSX, and GTS is lenient on track limits and walls. GT7 is strict just like the Licenses so I think PD either has to adjust the gold requirements and give more freedom on track limits like GTS or allow us to use our own cars.

Btw I am absolutely loving the game otherwise but man Circuit Experience is quite deceiving lol
Maybe not everyone is supposed to get gold on everything. Getting all golds should be for the elite, not average players, I think its great that its a challenge. Im certainly not among the truly elite and I have managed to gold everything I have attempted so far but it has taken some effort.

Yep, high speed on the controller is difficult, where on the wheel it is much easier. The opposite is true for low speed stuff. The controller has a kind of smoothing built into the inputs so helps stabilise the car at low speeds where it is removed or reduced for the high speed stuff. Also the higher gears slows down the rotation of the wheels, so if you get off line through a corner, but the time you exit the corner and need to turn the other way, the wheels won't turn fast enough. This can be a major issue in the last corners of the Porsche Curves at Circuit de la Sarthe.

The other thing with the 908 is, you are running such high speed through the Porsche Curves, you are exceeding the grip limits available to the rear tires. The faster you go, the more narrow the line becomes that is available to you. You step over that line and the rear end breaks and your into the barrier. On a racing wheel, you can be very precise and it is easier to run on the knife edge that it is requiring to go flat out. On a controller, you have to hit that same knife edge but you are doing it within the range of an analog stick, which isn't easy to do. Thankfully you don't need to take those corners flat out to achieve gold, so pulling a little back from max throttle gives you enough wiggle room for the analog controller. Still easier said than done.

It is something I achieved today! A total of 616km down to complete all sectors and lap, although the better part of 450km for the lap alone. I did it on a dual sense with no aids or HUD, and I messed up the entry to the Porsche curves! I loved the challenge, and coming out of it I have better awareness and car control than I did going in. I really felt I have learned a lot from this CE alone compared to the rest and kind of wish that the rest of them were more in line with the Circuit de la Sarthe difficulty for the Gold.

This was my first lap I actually completed today as I hadn't gotten past the exit of the Porsche Curves in the prior 350km today. Also the first lap I didn't lock my tires at any of the corners. I thought I had at Arnage, which is brilliantly tricky, but I must have been just on the limit with the tyre squeal I got.

A replay with the HUD for those that want to see my inputs.

Nice lap!!! I noticed that you have ABS off, is the game drivable like that? I often drove with ABS off in GTS to learn brake set up and how much brake was required but didnt trust myself to race that way even though I use load a load cell pedal. It was just too easy to lock up in GTS.

If you like we can open this evening a lobby so you can try to follow or get followed to get some tips in where to improve.
0DF7E25B-F242-4F25-88DB-E1E9EA97C9AC.jpeg
Did it! Not the cleanest lap but I’ll take it!
Thanks for the offer of help. I had some tips from our gt7 community discord and there was a couple of corners that made the difference.
We’re Always looking for new discord members that like to help each other out . I’ll leave an invite here if you’re interested. (Or anyone else. All welcome)

Last edited:
Btw: Here is my latest video.

It is the LeMans CE Sector 5. This test causes problems for many players and is also often used as proof of a fundamental error in the game.

Yes, it requires a lot of tact or a certain "technique". To get a grip on the SnapOverstear use gentle "push" steering to get through the first 3 extreme corners... That means 2 degrees of turn, 1 degree back, then another 2 degrees and 1 degree back again... I hope you get what I mean. .. If you try to hit and hold the perfect lent angle, you can still snap because the tempo is too high.
If you now reduce the steering angle by 1-2 degrees before the snap, the car calms down, builds up grip and you can steer a little harder.

Back