GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

Idk who set the gold times for Mount Panorama, but it's total hell. I try to go as fast as I can and only use light braking and I still get five hundredths of a second away from gold. I even look at the demo ghost many times, and it's hard to copy. Maybe it's my nerves causing me to be tense and make small errors while driving.

Idk who set the gold times for Mount Panorama, but it's total hell. I try to go as fast as I can and only use light braking and I still get five hundredths of a second away from gold. I even look at the demo ghost many times, and it's hard to copy. Maybe it's my nerves causing me to be tense and make small errors while driving.
Instead of going for the full lap, go back to sector 1 and gold it many times in a row. Then do the same in sector 2, then onward.
Do that has pratice to perfectly memorize what to do in every corner of the track.
After all of that go back to the full track. It will be easier that way.
Good luck

Instead of going for the full lap, go back to sector 1 and gold it many times in a row
This.

Even if I gold a sector in the first try, I attempt it at least 10 or 15 more times to see what is the best possible time I can achieve. What greatly helps it to have a friends list with records, that's always the motivation, to be the quickest there :D And then onto sector 2, 3, 4... And then a full lap.

Well thank you guys for the feedback, and I also watch Youtube walkthroughs of some of the best drivers across the world doing their runs and I try to copy what they do,how they navigate each turn/corner.

The full lap at GV is really not hard, i made a lot of errors and still cleared it by a full second and I am a mid DR-A driver in sport. Sector 3 though, damn, took a few goes! Hack, turn on strong counter steer as it helps keep the back end from squirreling out.

The full lap at GV is really not hard, i made a lot of errors and still cleared it by a full second and I am a mid DR-A driver in sport. Sector 3 though, damn, took a few goes! Hack, turn on strong counter steer as it helps keep the back end from squirreling out.
It is quite hard for those of us who are not A-ranked.

It is quite hard for those of us who are not A-ranked.
To clarify, I cleared it by a full second and made a few errors, I am also not at all comfortable with tracks like this as I don't d well at Alsace/Deep Forest rolling, sort of apexless tracks. I like a defined apex, brake hard, rotate, shoot out type track.

The first sector is where you can make time, the ghost is pretty slow through there, finish sector one on his bumper and you don't need to pull miracles through sectors 2 and 3. 3 is brutal, i lose like 4 car lengths.

Yeah, the full lap is tough but sector 3 is absolutely brutal. Still don't know how the demonstration ghost is able to get such a good run out of the chicane. Took me more tries than I care to mention to gold it. :lol:
It wasn't that easy yeah, and this is from someone who golds the time trials like 70-80% of the time. Although I will admit that I struggle a bit at GV Highway atm. But I thought Watkins Glen was even tougher when it was released, I think I needed a good 1-2 hrs to gold that one 😅

Last edited:
Yeah, the full lap is tough but sector 3 is absolutely brutal. Still don't know how the demonstration ghost is able to get such a good run out of the chicane. Took me more tries than I care to mention to gold it. :lol:
Yeah that was one of the heaviest sectors for me so far, I’m not exaggerating when I say I at least tried it a hundred times before getting gold, made me almost want to throw myself off that grand valley bridge😬

For those who are having trouble with grand valley sector 3.
- go manual shift, you will start this on 5th gear
- hard brake right before the 100m mark and drop to 3rd gear, in the 1st corner (the tunnel one).
- go pressing and releasing the throttle while doing the 1st corner, leaving the tunnel on right side of the road.
-no need to brake on corners 2 and 3 ( the left corner after leaving the tunnel and right corner after that). Just press and release throttle. Try to go as near as possible to the pins on the side of those corners.
-after you leave 3rd corner, full throttle, up to 4th gear, up to 5h gear and pay atention not to hit the wall on the tunnel right before finish line.
-even if you do this well, you will still need some tries but you will eventually get the gold.

I found getting the front right wheel onto the kerb in the tunnel corner set me up for the annoying chicane, and allowed me to beat the gold. Took me ages to get the hang of it.

For those who are having trouble with grand valley sector 3.
- go manual shift, you will start this on 5th gear
- hard brake right before the 100m mark and drop to 3rd gear, in the 1st corner (the tunnel one).
- go pressing and releasing the throttle while doing the 1st corner, leaving the tunnel on right side of the road.
-no need to brake on corners 2 and 3 ( the left corner after leaving the tunnel and right corner after that). Just press and release throttle. Try to go as near as possible to the pins on the side of those corners.
-after you leave 3rd corner, full throttle, up to 4th gear, up to 5h gear and pay atention not to hit the wall on the tunnel right before finish line.
-even if you do this well, you will still need some tries but you will eventually get the gold.
I did it with the X button and AT :lol: :lol:

I dabbed the gas to squirt the car left, lifted to turn right, dabbed again to get over the hump, then floored it. Talking about the tricky exit before the full throttle finish.

Last edited:
Maybe not the best thread to ask this but I am sure a good soul will answer my existential question :D

There are rewards for each sector, in bronze, silver and gold. There is also a reward for full lap in bronze and gold.

Is there a reward for full lap in silver ?

Maybe not the best thread to ask this but I am sure a good soul will answer my existential question :D

There are rewards for each sector, in bronze, silver and gold. There is also a reward for full lap in bronze and gold.

Is there a reward for full lap in silver ?

Don't know whether that applies for every track, but I'm on Fuji CE right now and there is one.
Bronze : 6.000, Silver : 9.000, Gold : 15.000

Don't know whether that applies for every track, but I'm on Fuji CE right now and there is one.
Bronze : 6.000, Silver : 9.000, Gold : 15.000
Those are prizes for full lap ? I get more like 200k for a full lap in bronze. (sometimes less if the track is short)

I find it really weird how the full lap trials seem harder than the individual sectors. I've been trying to do Trial Mountain today and I got all of the sectors on the first or second try... The lap though? Impossible. I can't get under 1:53.2 no matter how hard I try. Somewhere I keep on losing time but it's different every lap and I keep on losing control in a different part of the track. Even worse is that every attempt I make, I get slower. I definitely find Circuit Experience harder than GTS and to be honest it's sucking all of my enjoyment out of the game. It's just not fun with a controller and I have no money or space to get a wheel, which means that entire part of the game is locked out for me.

(If any of you have tips for Trail Mountain please, please tell me)

Circuit experience is way too hard, i agree. It really ruins the game when they make it too hard to complete all gold. I just did over 100 trys on watkins glen sector 2, and came up .3 short of gold... I really think the developers ruined this game with that, its killing my appreciation for everything else about the game. Its really too bad they're only catering to the top 1% of players by doing that. Most of us use a controller and automatic transmission, you have to make it more fair for the masses. Please see this and do something developers! Save this game

Last edited:
Circuit experience is way too hard, i agree. It really ruins the game when they make it too hard to complete all gold. I just did over 100 trys on watkins glen sector 2, and came up .3 short of gold... I really think the developers ruined this game with that, its killing my appreciation for everything else about the game. Its really too bad they're only catering to the top 1% of players by doing that. Most of us use a controller and automatic transmission, you have to make it more fair for the masses. Please see this and do something developers! Save this game
I'm not sure how the recent physics update affected circuit experience... Some have said they're easier, others way they're harder. I haven't really touched it in the past few months anyway, and I barely play the game anymore anyway.

Circuit experience is way too hard, i agree. It really ruins the game when they make it too hard to complete all gold. I just did over 100 trys on watkins glen sector 2, and came up .3 short of gold... I really think the developers ruined this game with that, it’s killing my appreciation for everything else about the game. It’s really too bad they're only catering to the top 1% of players by doing that. Most of us use a controller and automatic transmission, you have to make it more fair for the masses. Please see this and do something developers! Save this game
It’s supposed to be hard, if everyone and anyone could do it, then what’s the point? It’s just a participation trophy at that point. Take the time to learn WHY you are not getting gold, instead of just obsessively whacking retry. Go peek on YT, watch a few instructional videos, it’s really not that hard.

Last edited:
It’s supposed to be hard, if everyone and anyone could do it, then what’s the point? It’s just a participation trophy at that point. Take the time to learn WHY you are not getting gold, instead of just obsessively whacking retry. Go peek on YT, watch a few instructional videos, it’s really not that hard.
It's not that simple. I got 100% gold on every mission, circuit experience and license test in GT Sport with only ABS as an assist. In GT7 the more slippery physics mean it's harder to drive without assists and so I need to use them (ASM and TCS 3), but I did manage to get gold on every licence test other than on the S license. There are multiple reasons why I'm struggling more in GT7 and it isn't just 'git gud' - the slippery physics mean it's very hard to trust car handling anymore and so I have to be more cautious.

The removal of cone markers gets rid of a really useful method of gauging distance to corners. In GTS it was the only driving line assist I used. The brake zone overlay in GT7 is comparatively useless as it is almost never right. The cone markers might be superfluous with other ways of judging the distance to corners I never used them as direct indicators for braking zones - in some cars I'd brake before or after them. The braking zone being dynamic and incorrect means it's impossible to use in a setting like this.

Even more annoying is the removal of the video guides, which were so hopeful and guided me through all of GTS. Having someone explain what to do is so much more useful than watching a (bugged) demo replay. But then again it's one of the many downgrades in GT7 and why I think it's the worst in the series but that's a conversation for another thread.

It's not that simple. I got 100% gold on every mission, circuit experience and license test in GT Sport with only ABS as an assist. In GT7 the more slippery physics mean it's harder to drive without assists and so I need to use them (ASM and TCS 3), but I did manage to get gold on every licence test other than on the S license. There are multiple reasons why I'm struggling more in GT7 and it isn't just 'git gud' - the slippery physics mean it's very hard to trust car handling anymore and so I have to be more cautious.

The removal of cone markers gets rid of a really useful method of gauging distance to corners. In GTS it was the only driving line assist I used. The brake zone overlay in GT7 is comparatively useless as it is almost never right. The cone markers might be superfluous with other ways of judging the distance to corners I never used them as direct indicators for braking zones - in some cars I'd brake before or after them. The braking zone being dynamic and incorrect means it's impossible to use in a setting like this.

Even more annoying is the removal of the video guides, which were so hopeful and guided me through all of GTS. Having someone explain what to do is so much more useful than watching a (bugged) demo replay. But then again it's one of the many downgrades in GT7 and why I think it's the worst in the series but that's a conversation for another thread.
I dunno, I managed to beat everything on the ice skating day 1 physics, it’s only gotten easier with every subsequent update, if anything, it’s likely too easy now. Don’t ask for the bar to be lowered, find a way to get up to it.

find a way to get up to it.
They removed the ways to get up to it. That's what I'm angry about. I can play with the new physics, pre- and post-update, and I have had some success in other trials, and I am generally an alright driver - I'm still proud of myself for getting almost all golds in GT Concept the other month, but that's besides the point. The helpful tools they gave to teach us the tracks are now gone and I'm working with the replays that don't work properly half the time and a controller. If I can 100% the trials in GTS (not the rigged catch-the-rabbit races we've been putting up with since GT4) with barely any assists by using the guides the game provides (I assume I'm less skilled than you when it comes to driving anyway) and in the new game I can't, a skill issue is in no way the main culprit and it's a bit insulting you'd assume so. Rather like the game itself I gave up on CE, it just isn't worth the effort.

Just noticed this thread. For the most part I've been able to gold medal most of the track experiences. With some exceptions. (Nurburgring)

I've run all the license tests and missions since 1.31 and I'd say, on average there's no big difference regarding the difficulty level.
Some trials are a tad harder, some others a bit easier, basically depending on the car / track combo.
Last night I re ran the Alsace CE and again, it might be that specific car / track combo that isn't affected too much by the new physics, but within 40 minutes I was 0.2 short of my previous FL. As this was quite a bit quicker than gold already, I was perfectly ok with it and stopped practicing, however, I'm sure I would have beaten that old record.

I'm going with Pigems here :
Don’t ask for the bar to be lowered, find a way to get up to it.
😉

Yeah, I mean I have a total of 280 gold medals and I'm still not finished. I've got maybe 30 silver and 10-15 bronze so I'm not perfect either. I see most top drivers use the manual transmissions whereas others might use the automatic ones. Here's some I'm stuck on.

Watkins Glen(lap): this is a real pain in the tail. I always seem to be less than .500 from the gold no matter what tactics I use. Something is slowing me down.

St Croix C(lap): thankfully they added some time to the medals but it's still challenging to me.

Laguna Seca(lap): this is very,very hard to master! Nothing else to say.

Nurburgring Nords(lap): not so sure about this beast.

A/S pad player here!
Got Gold on Launch physics and then the subsequent tracks and physics updates got gold as well.

Started an alt account on 1.31 and got Gold still so by my standard… no need to change the time requirements for gold.

If you can’t get Gold that’s ok, it’s no means an indication that you can’t play and enjoy the rest of the game.

A/S pad player here!
Got Gold on Launch physics and then the subsequent tracks and physics updates got gold as well.

Started an alt account on 1.31 and got Gold still so by my standard… no need to change the time requirements for gold.

If you can’t get Gold that’s ok, it’s no means an indication that you can’t play and enjoy the rest of the game.
Yeah people just need to quit complaining all the time, getting all gold in CE's and missions aren't required for unlocking trophies in the game. They just have to accept that the aliens cannot be stopped. They're super-fast and quick with agility.

Latest Posts

Back