GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

Golded Colorado Springs CE - with a DS4!
I found it much easier with gamepad.
And time is lot under needed, 1:20.644 and 1:21.400 is gold.
This was first time I was going under 1:22 and Bingo!

It was a one crazy lap:

Well, i just finished to gold every circuit experience in GT7 with my thrustmaster T150 fb, i'm very satisfied, the majority of the circuit were easy to gold, but overall it was a nice challenge.
Now i'm going to enjoy my moneyyy!

Another post complaining about the difficulty -__-

I'm actually hoping there is MORE and MORE of challenging stuff. Gold isn't supposed to be obtainable for everyone. That's why it's gold, duh. I would be extremely upset if PD started listening to the ones complaining about the difficulty and decided to dumb down the physics and make everything easier.
Took me over 100 miles to get the 1st sector gold at Suzuka in the NSX Gr3. On a controller, but don't feel sorry, think it's wheel users that are having the more difficult time.

I now have them all gold

I have 100% gold on all the circuit experiences on GTS but some of these on GT7 are quite unbearable, even on my T300RS. Like, I am honestly to the point if I keep trying to get gold on the GT7 ones, I will stop playing the game lol. Everyone thinks the license test are hard, wait til they try some tracks in Circuit Experience. Tell me why PD thought it was a great idea to make these way harder for no reason. Some tracks I am over a second off, even on a wheel, so I am sorry for the controller users. Also went back to sport and the same sector 1 on Suzuka has the gold requirement 5 seconds slower. GT7 wants you to get a 33.600 where GTS wants a 38.900 with basically the same Gr.3 NSX, and GTS is lenient on track limits and walls. GT7 is strict just like the Licenses so I think PD either has to adjust the gold requirements and give more freedom on track limits like GTS or allow us to use our own cars.

Btw I am absolutely loving the game otherwise but man Circuit Experience is quite deceiving lol
I have to agree, I’m on controller and I have a few cars that don’t seem to wanna really turn which makes it hard enough but some of the times are unbelievably annoying.. I not great at racing games so to sit and do them over and over and either not improving or jus missing by a by milli seconds jus makes you wanna stop playing the game

I have golded circuit experience events and put video of them in my channel. If you need for any circuit you can watch. Playlist is here:

Last edited:
I have to agree, I’m on controller and I have a few cars that don’t seem to wanna really turn which makes it hard enough but some of the times are unbelievably annoying.. I not great at racing games so to sit and do them over and over and either not improving or jus missing by a by milli seconds jus makes you wanna stop playing the game
Some cars don't like it at all when you try to steer while you're still hard on the brakes, so it looks like they can't steer and you brake even harder to somehow get around the corner. The following happens in the game.. you brake, the car slows down... your downforce decreases, thus the pressure on the tires, at the same time the force that the asphalt opposes the tires decreases, the wheels lock and the ABS works .. on the one hand, this increases the braking distance and makes steering more difficult.
Start hard braking and then gradually reduce the braking force as you get closer to the corner, you will notice that the car suddenly turns in much better. At the same time, make sure not to have the steering angle too high. otherwise the vehicles will slide over the tire edges and the curve will also become more difficult again.

Watkins Glen is pretty difficult one!
So far my the best time is 1:47.451
1:47.100 is gold.

Edit: it is 1:47, not 1:41 as I originally wrote

IMG_20220623_120543.jpg

Last edited:
See each track that they add, they will have to update the circuit experience info. Watkins Glen is an old famous track that was in the Nascar era!

Watkins Glen is pretty difficult one!
So far my the best time is 1:41.451
1:41.100 is gold.

View attachment 1164153
Well i golded it this morning, sooo i would suggest you to use a ghost with a 0.2 seconds of advantage, study the demo and let the car in a neutral situation in the corners, with no brake or throttle, that will increase a lot the cornering speed, especially in the medium-fast long corners which are very common at "The Glen".

Did it, 1:46.841!

I see many similar results on my FL so it's not that easy.
There are some alien ones with low 45 too, but majority is as mine.
I knew that track very well from FMs and pCars and still had problems with it here.

Now we only need Road America, I would say, US Spa.

Catalunya full lap is one of the trickier ones I've embarked on.

TBH - I thought that about Autopolis first time round but managed to Gold it on my 3rd complete lap. Sector 2 used to be quite tricky, especially in the Supra license test.... but these things get easier with experience.

Hoping it's the same for Catalunya. All sectors gold but the full lap needs putting together. The Lambo has weird handling characteristics it has monster grip, flat out, once you've got the line/exit nailed.. but it's unsure of itself on entry. Not experienced a Race Car like it TBH.

Edit: Got it with a 1:47:102!

Last edited:
I now have them all gold

I have 100% gold on all the circuit experiences on GTS but some of these on GT7 are quite unbearable, even on my T300RS. Like, I am honestly to the point if I keep trying to get gold on the GT7 ones, I will stop playing the game lol. Everyone thinks the license test are hard, wait til they try some tracks in Circuit Experience. Tell me why PD thought it was a great idea to make these way harder for no reason. Some tracks I am over a second off, even on a wheel, so I am sorry for the controller users. Also went back to sport and the same sector 1 on Suzuka has the gold requirement 5 seconds slower. GT7 wants you to get a 33.600 where GTS wants a 38.900 with basically the same Gr.3 NSX, and GTS is lenient on track limits and walls. GT7 is strict just like the Licenses so I think PD either has to adjust the gold requirements and give more freedom on track limits like GTS or allow us to use our own cars.

Btw I am absolutely loving the game otherwise but man Circuit Experience is quite deceiving lol

From what I remember is other Gran Turismo titles the gold for licences was difficult to where I did not always get 100% gold. Then GT Sport I found it to be a bit too easy to get all gold. Circuit experience difficulty is around the same difficulty as licenses in GTS and GT7 in my opinion. With GT7’s difficulty stepped up a bit harder

Golded Colorado Springs CE - with a DS4!
I found it much easier with gamepad.
And time is lot under needed, 1:20.644 and 1:21.400 is gold.
This was first time I was going under 1:22 and Bingo!

It was a one crazy lap:

I struggle on the dirt with my wheel, always reverting to my controller for a dirt surface, same for drift as well

Watkins Glen ? A pretty difficult CE ? Not really. Gold on the first complete lap, a low 45 lap on my seventh attempt. I'm very pleased with this. :D Positive that the sector runs translate very well into the full lap.

If you got gold on your first try, why did you do it 6 more times?

Some cars don't like it at all when you try to steer while you're still hard on the brakes, so it looks like they can't steer and you brake even harder to somehow get around the corner. The following happens in the game.. you brake, the car slows down... your downforce decreases, thus the pressure on the tires, at the same time the force that the asphalt opposes the tires decreases, the wheels lock and the ABS works .. on the one hand, this increases the braking distance and makes steering more difficult.
Start hard braking and then gradually reduce the braking force as you get closer to the corner, you will notice that the car suddenly turns in much better. At the same time, make sure not to have the steering angle too high. otherwise the vehicles will slide over the tire edges and the curve will also become more difficult again.

You pretty much nailed the explanation. If you're ever touching the brakes in a corner, it should only be light and not hard. Slow in, fast out kind of thing.

Best is to brake before corner and if needed, downshift to slow down some more and turn in better, plus you keep the revs high to accelerate out quicker. Keeping the accelerator even at just 10% throttle when exiting a corner also makes a big difference compared to totally letting go of the pedal!

Last edited:
There's no prerequisite to stop after you obtain a gold time so why wouldn't you try to improve that time? There's more than one way to have a good time in a racing game, challenging yourself for instance ;)

I tend to treat it a bit like qualifying in real life where I'll set a banker lap, which is often a gold time or near enough to it, and then chase my outright pace from there on. It's a great way to improve yourself and your lap speed at each individual track and I personally really enjoy the challenge of chasing @ROCKET JOE's times on our friends leader board and welcome the fact that he doesn't just settle on his first gold time.

Last edited:
I'm by no means a great driver but I think I'm quite experienced after all these years. What I know is two things :
In first, GT has always been about improving / getting better ! In second, golding a challenge is nowhere near the possible limit !
So what I do is set my own goalposts shaving away another tenth or another second or another three seconds or ...

FYI what I do right now ( since every challenge is gold ) is have a second walkthrough through licenses and TE challenges.
To me it's incredible fun and very satisfying to again and again push my own limits.

Thank you @FPV MIC for your support. :cheers:

... and I personally really enjoy the challenge of chasing @ROCKET JOE's times on our friends leader board and welcome the fact that he doesn't just settle on his first gold time.
... and vice versa, mate.

So I re-run the Barcelona circuit experience atm and there's something about sector 3 that makes me wonder :
The world top times are about 4 sec below gold ( 36.4 vs. 40.4 ) which, even on an alien scale, seems fairly impossible.
However, that's just me and I don't want to sound presumptuous.
Can anyone of you confirm that these times are actually possible or is / was there a glitch / shortcut or similar ? 🤔

Last edited:
So I re-run the Barcelona circuit experience atm and there's something about sector 3 that makes me wonder :
The world top times are about 4 sec below gold ( 36.4 vs. 40.4 ) which, even on an alien scale, seems fairly impossible.
Can anyone of you confirm that these times are actually possible or is / was there a glitch / shortcut or similar ? 🤔

The gold times required and the demo ghosts are based on the version of GT7 that went online at release. However, since that time there has been a significant physics update, making all of the gold times easier to achieve, so yes you can rest assured that the times achieved so far are legitimate.

Yes, there is an exploit on that sector that still works on the current patch. You can bypass the ending chicane by navigating through the barriers on the left section.

1658493191401.png

Last edited:
Yes, there is an exploit on that sector that still works on the current patch. You can bypass the ending chicane by navigating through the barriers on the left section.

View attachment 1175502
Ah, that's good news ! :lol: Honestly I expected a mess like this. And word I'm not interested in using it.
I roughly know the gap between me and the aliens ... and 3 seconds on a 40 seconds challenge, even if it's a tough one like this, just seemed too much.
You saved my day, mate ! :cheers:

Last edited:
The WRX on Tokyo central is ****ing undrivable. I have never experienced so much understeer in a car before. The demo driver ghost turns like his front tires are glued to the ground, but if I try the same turn at the same speed I miss the corner by a country mile and slam into the wall. It's egregious how bad the understeer in this game is post 1.13.

... and welcome the fact that he doesn't just settle on his first gold time.
Like me. When I saw the money I could earn on them, I couldn't help myself. Lots of 'that'll do' gold runs.:dopey:

Once I've got everything else done, I'll revisit them and try and set something a little more representative. Maybe even try and get into the same second that @ROCKET JOE is in. :D

I now have them all gold

Hey did u ever get gold on nurburgring? I am struggling by 2 seconds and i cant get any better at the moment

Well i golded it this morning, sooo i would suggest you to use a ghost with a 0.2 seconds of advantage, study the demo and let the car in a neutral situation in the corners, with no brake or throttle, that will increase a lot the cornering speed, especially in the medium-fast long corners which are very common at "The Glen".
That 0.2 seconds did it for me. Hours and hours of trying, analyzing the ghosts data. And the 0.2 seconds did it for me first try. Thank you very much.

Back