GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,803 comments
Hope you all are well. Wasn't spending as much time as I would have liked on GT7 in the past few weeks so still trying to catch up with all the happenings on this thread.

Saw all the fun you guys are having with Race B so decided to do a QT as well. Though I am hopelessly off the pace being stuck at 1:40.7 despite pushing like hell - any pointers? Be it gearing, setup, lines etc...

Also did QT for Race C with a more respectable time though still no where near fast. Brands Hatch does flow well but definitely not my best track.

@Bojador Here is the McLaren setup I use for Race C. Not ideal as I feel the car is still not pointy enough but I am sure you can get more out of it.

Anti Roll Bar 6/9
Damping Ratio (C) 35/37
Damping Ratio (E) 45/47
Natural Frequency 3.55/3.85
Initial Torque 15
Acceleration Sensitivity 15
Braking Sensitivity 8
Brake Bias - Rear 3

Last edited:
I'm experimenting with psychological ploys to unnerve my opponents this week.

Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa_.jpeg

I tried many cars but kept going back to the G70. My concern with that car is that it appears to lose pace in the race. Not sure if it’s me or the tires as they heat up but I nearly always set my fastest laps on lap one or two and then it falls off after that in QT. In race it’s similar. Laps one and two are good, then the Huracans seem to come alive as I fall back and then I get mobbed by lap 4. I’m wondering if my tune was causing the tires to overheat?
Yes, I have the same in the Lambo, and in fact I notice it in more or less every car - lap 1 is almost always fastest in QT after a new reset stint. Either it's tire wear/temperature, or just my concentration expiring.
Saw all the fun you guys are having with Race B so decided to do a QT as well. Though I am hopelessly off the pace being stuck at 1:40.7 despite pushing like hell - any pointers? Be it gearing, setup, lines etc...
Well, I was stuck on 1:40.x for some time as well in the 650s, but then shifted to the Huracan, and started to go more for understeer setup. It's not obvious to me why that works, and in racing it's useless, but for QT it works except in the slow turns.

Edit - I looked on your lap, and I thought it was great! I don't have any recommendations, but comparing to my lap, the only difference I see is that you carry lower speed in T1, perhaps there's 1-2 tens there, and then also in the first chicane you have a bit lower speed. Higher speed means you need to go more agressive on the curbs with some grass, and still keep the full gas. Its a 50/50 survival chance, but there will be 1-2 there as well.

Another topic:

I did three B races today, and gained some experience: Good QT and poor race craft can be poison. Started pole in all three races, with about 4-5 A+ behind. First and second race I fought like hell and only managed to keep the bees behind me for a lap or so until I started to do mistakes, using crazy amounts of curbs and making all the mistakes in the book with overdriving and late braking. Finished 5 and 15 respectively as a result. I take the 5, but 15... Poor ROI.

Fool me one time, but not three times. Third race I kept to the side in L1 turn 5, let the three-four fast guys go by and then followed from a safe distance, using margin, and sensible half fast laps. The bunch behind was a few seconds behind, so I was in a bit of vacuum. Finished 4.

Now you say that this is not racing, boring, communism or whatever, and I'm not disagreeing. I'm just better in QT than race, so need to have a strategy. And making the same thing race after race and expecting a different result is not logical to me.

Last edited:
Hope you all are well. Wasn't spending as much time as I would have liked on GT7 in the past few weeks so still trying to catch up with all the happenings on this thread.

Also did QT for Race C with a more respectable time though still no where near fast. Brands Hatch does flow well but definitely not my best track.

@Bojador Here is the McLaren setup I use for Race C. Not ideal as I feel the car is still not pointy enough but I am sure you can get more out of it.

Anti Roll Bar 6/9
Damping Ratio (C) 35/37
Damping Ratio (E) 45/47
Natural Frequency 3.55/3.85
Initial Torque 15
Acceleration Sensitivity 15
Braking Sensitivity 8
Brake Bias - Rear 3

Thank you. I'll take it for a spin tonight if I can.

Nothing like breathing down the neck of p1 with a 5 second lead over the rest of the pack and your wife starts talking to you causing you to bin it right off the track.
And it never happens in a plain straight, it always happens in the most complicated part of the track :D.

Noise cancelling headphones :cheers:
Well, I think I prefer to bin it off the track than to face the consecuences for not answering that call :)

My 1st race at Kyoto last night was "interesting" to say the least...

Started 2nd from last and instantly taken out by a dirty peanut, who will come into play again at the very end of the race!

I pretty much have to catch up the last pack of drivers for the 1st 3 laps and start Lap 4 battling to take P14 back (lol, what an achievement). Things get interesting when the 3 in front start being a bit savage, including the same peanut who took me out before. I take another place before the start of the final lap (dude spins out) and get to P10 towards the end of the hill/ end of sector 2 as their driving costs them speed...

But, I get bumped from behind, sent across the grass (dirty tires) but thankfully, no penalty and still in P10. Trying to navigate the track with dirty tires and countless hits, we take the final turn when I am hit again and slowed down. Same peanut swipes by and for some dumb reason, with P10 already guaranteed, he tries to swipe me into the barriers/ pit entry!?

I held the wheel as hard as possible, foot to the floor and the donkey ended up doing a 540 degree turn instead 😂 Unfortunately, it slowed me down enough to still finish in P11 but at least, better than last or in the pits! 🥳

Final 2 lap chaos below 😜

1716991444396.jpeg
1716991458751.jpeg

Last edited:
I really don't know bud.

The Lambo is just unstable weirdly I know it's mid engined but it's just an unstable slippery chassis by its nature which kinda defeats the purpose of being AWD.

My guess would be that the torque distribution is really rear biased.

I can just about match my pace in it and annoyingly faster in the G70 on my US account than my UK.

It seems to be a qualify type car because the A+ guys in race are in the Genesis.

I'm 1:40.1 in the Genesis now on my US account.

try tuning up rear decel to like 15.

The g70 seems WAY easier to race though.
Yeah, its amazing in my races, the Huracáns are sliding around all over the place and often sponstaneously careening off the track where as my G70 is solid as a rock. Sometimes I think I may have it tuned too stable though as perhaps I'm slower? Still, for me, getting to the end safely is still better than perhaps being quicker but more likely ending in a ditch.

Two cars that have really surprised me in some races. Someone took the Suzuki Swift from around mid back to mid front in one race, and I've seen the Scirocco in podium spots as well. Of course that may just be talented divers. I actually tried those but had trouble with front end stability. With practice though I could see how they might be fast...

Last edited:
After several supportive tips from the community here I ended up with the below tune for the Huracan. It works very well in QT if you can adapt driving style. You need to get the rear wheels out in T1 and T5 (the long left hander) by quick double down shift. Other than that drive as usual. The tune allows for maximum attack on all medium speed curbs.

ARB 4/5
Comp 30/34
Dec 40/40
Spring 3.00/3.40
Initial 5/5
Acc 26/42
Dec 5/5

B-B 0

Yeah, its amazing in my races, the Huracáns are sliding around all over the place and often sponstaneously careening off the track where as my G70 is solid as a rock. Sometimes I think I may have it tuned too stable though as perhaps I'm slower? Still, for me, getting to the end safely is still better than perhaps being quicker but more likely ending in a ditch.

Two cars that have really surprised me in some races. Someone took the Suzuki Swift from around mid back to mid front in one race, and I've seen the Scirocco in podium spots as well. Of course that may just be talented divers. I actually tried those but had trouble with front end stability. With practice though I could see how they might be fast...
The swift is one of Kosta's trolling choices.

I think in reality the race is about race consistency rather than balls to the wall stuff.

I got goaded by a guy telling me to use a real car and not a "cheaters" car which is ironic considering the lobby at the time.

The G70 is a cheaters car? :D
I know 🤷‍♂️ the guy was in the pseudo meta Hurracan???

And when we got in a lobby with A+ peeps they were all using the G70 and the comment was "the Cheater gang is here"

I really do t know where to start with pulling that apart but basically "they walk among us"

My favourite line after he blocked and weaved constantly was "that's racing"

I lose the will to live at that point and just move on.

Last edited:
That was the reply I got from some dip**** when I called them dirty for trying to pit me lap 4 last night. One of the leaders then called them an idiot at that response.

The trouble is that it worked and they gained the spot on me after also trying to push me off, last corner.
I'm pretty sure that was me lol. We were in the same race. I called him a clown and you thought I was talking about you for a moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't know bud.

The Lambo is just unstable weirdly I know it's mid engined but it's just an unstable slippery chassis by its nature which kinda defeats the purpose of being AWD.

My guess would be that the torque distribution is really rear biased.

I can just about match my pace in it and annoyingly faster in the G70 on my US account than my UK.

It seems to be a qualify type car because the A+ guys in race are in the Genesis.

I'm 1:40.1 in the Genesis now on my US account.
Dude, I love the G70 and I love even more our banter but, for real, the Huracan is amazing if you tune it right! I'm still far away from your time but in terms of general stability over a lap/ race - it's actually great!

Try this, no BS;

1717022486436.png

Dude, I love the G70 and I love even more our banter but, for real, the Huracan is amazing if you tune it right! I'm still far away from your time but in terms of general stability over a lap/ race - it's actually great!

Try this, no BS;

View attachment 1359871

Which car are you running this tune on?
I guess it’s just another case of personal preference but I found it 🤮 on the Huracan.
Probably would make a great drifting tune in my hands but no racing with others nearby 🤣

That Lambo setup from previous page is very nice! Literally on the first lap I got a 25.3xx first sector and 43.0 at the end of second, but bottled the chicane. In the end I put together a nice lap

1717055950963.jpg

That put me on pole the next race, it was quite a nice drive, it's very stable and consistent, and much much easier on the curbs with this setup than the Genesis, so the last 2 sectors are a breeze

1717055950944.jpg
1717055950925.jpg

Also a bit off topic, I recieved my Clubsport V2 hub with the Podium R300 wheel yesterday and it was a good time to try it out :D

1717055950988.jpg

Back