GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,803 comments
PD's obsession with Fuji is out of control. Likely Gr4. I hope it's pouring the whole time...

A has my interest piqued. RH tires for a Daily A is atypical. Never mind, says SH not RH. Pic is small... less interesting but still interested.

1717066371163.png

Last edited:
PD's obsession with Fuji is out of control. Likely Gr4. I hope it's pouring the whole time...

A has my interest piqued. RH tires for a Daily A is atypical. Never mind, says SH not RH. Pic is small... less interesting but still interested.

View attachment 1360038
My guess is GR2 for daily C.
We had a daily some time ago with dynamic weather in the same format of some GTWS race (with dirty air reduced).

I agree with you, Fuji is overused

My guess is GR2 for daily C.
We had a daily some time ago with dynamic weather in the same format of some GTWS race (with dirty air reduced).

I agree with you, Fuji is overused
I am guessing Gr4, only because we had Gr2 at Fuji early April. I think a wet race in Gr2 would be a blast so I am holding out hope you're right.

Hi everyone! I'm Goanaut and I'm lurking in this thread for several months now. Bought a PS5 in November, did some offline racing in GT7 and from February or March onwards I mainly do Sport mode races. I really enjoy this as long as it's fair.

With 100 races under my belt I am now a (low) DR B driver. This week I'm enjoying the Kyoto track. Did 5 races there and finished all of them in the top 8. Which does not come easy for me in these B lobbies.

I think I was in a lobby with @Rossell2 yesterday evening. Unless there's another Rossel driving a Vantage around on Kyoto yesterday. You finished 2nd, well done. I managed to scrape a 6th place.

I tried some G70 tunes from, I believe, Brockie and newmedia_dev. A mix of these tunes with something of my own (apart from the roll-bar I don't really know what I'm doing actually) created a situation where the car is very stable on the curbs. Settings were like this:

Suspension:
Anti-roll 1 / 8
Comp 20 / 40
Exp 50 / 30
Freq 2.8 / 3.00

Diff:
Init 5 / 5
Acc 25 / 40
Brake 5 / 5

Maybe I lose time in another sections of the track, I'm not seasoned enough to tell, but on the curbs it was just right. Could blast over them.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm Goanaut and I'm lurking in this thread for several months now. Bought a PS5 in November, did some offline racing in GT7 and from February or March onwards I mainly do Sport mode races. I really enjoy this as long as it's fair.

With 100 races under my belt I am now a (low) DR B driver. This week I'm enjoying the Kyoto track. Did 5 races there and finished all of them in the top 8. Which does not come easy for me in these B lobbies.

I think I was in a lobby with @Rossell2 yesterday evening. Unless there's another Rossel driving a Vantage around on Kyoto yesterday. You finished 2nd, well done. I managed to scrape a 6th place.

I tried some G70 tunes from, I believe, Brockie and newmedia_dev. A mix of these tunes with something of my own (apart from the roll-bar I don't really know what I'm doing actually) created a situation where the car is very stable on the curbs. Settings were like this:

Suspension:
Anti-roll 1 / 8
Comp 20 / 40
Exp 50 / 30
Freq 2.8 / 3.00

Diff:
Init 5 / 5
Acc 25 / 40
Brake 5 / 5

Maybe I lose time in another sections of the track, I'm not seasoned enough to tell, but on the curbs it was just right. Could blast over them.
Welcome to the party proper, my friend. That likely would have been me yes, great effort on your sixth 😊

I'm fancying shaking my car choice up so will give that tune a whirl, cheers.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother trying to drive fairly... There is always 1 or 2 drivers who manage to take all the fun away!

Just now, I started in P6 and if I wanted to, I could have just tapped the car in front from the side and moved past as I was much faster. Could have even done it a few other times but I chose to stay in position as I didn't want to go by someone with even the slightest of touches.

I then get overtaken by a great driver, fairly and without issue, again because I was massively slowed down by the one in front. After a lap, we catch up to Mr Donkey and...

1- He first takes out the good driver who went past me before, sending him almost spinning and into the barriers as he was getting overtaken....
2- I catch up to him next lap and he brake checks me entering into the first downhill chicane. I slam on the brakes and nearly get hit by the car behind.
3- I catch up again and he continues to swerve and drive in a donkey way.
4- He then exits the same chicane very slow and nearly loses it, so I make my move on the exit and am clearly in front as we head towards the hard right to end Sector 3.
5- Instead of braking and letting me turn, he punts me and sends me into the barriers?!
6- He obviously keeps going and also does not get a penalty.
7- With damage and dirty tires, I am now in P9 with just over a lap to go and manage to hold position until the chequered flag.

I am furious...

1717089252698.jpeg
1717089261960.jpeg

At least after the race, the rage fuelled my senses and I improved by 0.2s over my previous time to get into the 1:40:4's 😊

1717091428272.jpeg

Last edited:
These dirty drivers are hateful. I had a tough week on Lago maggiore last week. Got punted out like every_single_time, until the point I was demoted to DR C. Then I finished 4th, improved my quali time en started from pole (that was a first one for me!). Went from the lead to victory. Directly started another race and had another pole / victory. That directly put me back in DR B where the racing is faster of course.

I just had a clean race in Kyoto with my best result until now: a 2nd place in a DR B lobby, 0.6 sec from the lead. Started 6th. P2-P5 just had racing incidents / bad luck and I avoided the melee. Could even press P1 and had maybe half a chance to overtake but I was too scared to be in a collision so I took 2nd. Happy that clean races also occur.

Last edited:
Yeah, but we all know you're just a B driver masquerading as an A right now, right? :lol:
We are all A+ drivers living in B/A bodies...

I have transcended B and now identify as Glen the A driver my pro-nouns are Glen the A Driver.....

On a serious note PD in 3 years the one quality of life change you could have made for Sports players (and you PD introduced tuning availability for Gr cars) was to save the settings.

Doesn't even have to be a permanent sheet just a "daily races setting sheet" that resets each week.

It's clunky on a wheel let alone using a wheel joystick rubbish to change ALL the parameters each QT and race session.

Just poor UX and low hanging fruit for quality of life enhancements.

Also PD stop messing with the FFB strength settings. It's annoying.

I'm beginning to think they have 2 branches and alternate between them for each update until they merge them. It would explain how previously fixed issues reappear.

Rant over. Breathe Glen

Recently I discovered something odd - call me crazy, but if you start to oversteer and it seems like the only solution not to go onto the grass is to lift off a bit, if you instead start to shake the wheel - not much, just a few degrees left and right two, three times, very fast, the tires starts to grip again, and you're saved.

Is it common knowledge? Placebo? GT7 physics? Tires getting a bit warmer, and grippier for a split second?

Today i tried to see if I could capitalize on it, by intentionally going in too hot and then wiggle-wiggle, saved, and super time. But it's not in my capacity. As a last resort save, yes, but doesn't seem to work consistently.

In any case, I'm now at 84% A, and it didn't move from before last race even if I came P3 in a lobby with four A+ behind at finish line, so I think I'm in some sort of probation, or hang-around status of some sort. If I ever would have a shadow of a chance at A+ (even if I could only keep it for a week) it is this week. I'm only allowed to race four hours per week, but will try to negotiate two more in exchange for some extra work around the house (sound effects of the crack of a whip)!

The last few races have been crazy clean, with polite stuff such as side by side, ample room, waiting if pushing someone off, all that good stuff. Plus, my new (coward) strategy of letting faster/hotter/reckless drivers go by, have many times been rewarded a double turn signal blink as a thank you. I love it!

At least after the race, the rage fuelled my senses and I improved by 0.2s over my previous time to get into the 1:40:4's 😊
That's the spirit - nothing bad that doesn't have a silver lining.
I just had a clean race in Kyoto with my best result until now: a 2nd place in a DR B lobby, 0.6 sec from the lead. Started 6th.
Impressive!

Edit-

@newmedia_dev, the settings carry over now from QT to Race, no?

Last edited:
I used your setup but didn’t get more than 2 practice laps before a race. It felt very light, I could feel the loss of grip in quite a few places so my QT wasn't very good.

After the 2 qualifying laps I went to a race with some very aggressive drivers, turns out that those setting were extremely stable, it just took me getting used to them and trusting the car. I got tires into the grass, got banged from all sides, pushed off course and NEVER swapped ends.
Now, on to improving QT.

Hey Glen, I dug this old account out of cold storage just to thank you for this setup you posted. Its a freaking beast. I havent played Sport mode since GT Sport a few years ago but I wanted to do 500 miles in honor of the Indy 500, so I decided to dive into whatever race I was closest to the top times and Race B was it. My GT Sport rating carried over so I started as a B/S at the bottom of the Bs. I did 20 races on Monday and Tuesday and got 4(should have been 5) wins and 15 - Top 5s to slice through the B League and finish as an A/S. Ironically I passed YOU(or NotGlen) for my first win when you and a Blue Lambo had a bit of a kerfuffle and I pounced from 3rd. Not sure I am really an A/S driver yet, but happy to be here for now. I hope to see you out on the track again in the future! Thanks again!

Hey Glen, I dug this old account out of cold storage just to thank you for this setup you posted. Its a freaking beast. I havent played Sport mode since GT Sport a few years ago but I wanted to do 500 miles in honor of the Indy 500, so I decided to dive into whatever race I was closest to the top times and Race B was it. My GT Sport rating carried over so I started as a B/S at the bottom of the Bs. I did 20 races on Monday and Tuesday and got 4(should have been 5) wins and 15 - Top 5s to slice through the B League and finish as an A/S. Ironically I passed YOU(or NotGlen) for my first win when you and a Blue Lambo had a bit of a kerfuffle and I pounced from 3rd. Not sure I am really an A/S driver yet, but happy to be here for now. I hope to see you out on the track again in the future! Thanks again!
Hey 👋 glad it helped.

We are a nice community here and sharing is caring and all that.

What I'm really pleased about is you've got the racing bug again and absolutely smashing it 👍

I crash a lot, it's the nature of the beast trying to push fast :)

Hope to see you on track again soon although I'm back on my sweaty UK account at the mo 😅

Keep racing mate and if you want any advice a whole bunch of faster guys are on here so listen to them.

Thank you for the kind words bud 👍

Pretty fired up after with the EG Civic TT at Tsukuba (1:12.317), which is my first provisional gold, so I hopped back into the NSX Gr.4 at Kyoto Race B. Failed to beat my previous 1:42.095 QT. No matter! Decided to just jump in face first. Confidence high!

Race 1: Started P9. Unforced error leading into a spectacular spin through the esses dropped me down to P16 (last). Finished P14.

Race 2: Started P6. Couldn't avoid contact with a sideways Huracan at the top of the esses, and wound up P16 (last). Took advantage of crashes to end up P11.

Race 3: Started P7. Managed to stay out of trouble, and cruised to a P5.

Race 4: Started P12. Was P15 (last) after a solo off at the end of Lap 1. Finished P12.

Shaved a massive 0.066 seconds off my QT for a 1:42.029. Surely that will place me much higher up the field and increase my chances of a podium!

Race 5: Started P9. Suffered a brainfart through the esses on the last lap. Finished P16 (last).

Race 6: Started P9. My driving was sloppier than a JAV kiss. No idea how I managed P7.

Race 7: Started P8. Had a tussle with a Huracan, which put me into a slide that took him out. Had another tussle with the same Huracan that almost dropped me back to last. Finished P15.

Race 8: Started P5. Dude, bro NASCAR'd me. Finished P11.

Also PD stop messing with the FFB strength settings. It's annoying.
Is that what it is? After today's update I did the new TT challenge first and felt there was almost no force feedback. Then I went to Brands to improve my time and thought "wow, there is a HUGE difference between this and the Civic's feeback, and it's even bigger than I remember from yesterday." But your remark has me thinking: do they adjust it for you? It really felr much stronger, better even without me adjusting it and too much FFB potentially shortening the life span of my wheel.

Is that what it is? After today's update I did the new TT challenge first and felt there was almost no force feedback. Then I went to Brands to improve my time and thought "wow, there is a HUGE difference between this and the Civic's feeback, and it's even bigger than I remember from yesterday." But your remark has me thinking: do they adjust it for you? It really felr much stronger, better even without me adjusting it and too much FFB potentially shortening the life span of my wheel.
It's an interesting one, the TT is a much lighter car on remoulds and at first I thought my FFB was broken (DD Pro)

But..... when I went to Kyoto on the same FFB settings it still felt too light (not the wheel bug feel)

Since the last update I was running 5 with custom settings...this update I had to up it 7 to get the strength feel that I drive to.

Everyone's mileage varies on these things and settings are personal. My wheel base settings dial out chatter and oscillation but other people like that. It doesn't stop you being fast with whatever setup you like wheel wise, in fact it doesn't matter what wheel or controller you use.

Back