GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,283 comments
Calmed down after my little tantrum earlier šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Decided to go for C again at 23:00.
Good race, no dirty drivers at all and a pretty straightforward win with a healthy 10 second gap šŸ‘ First ever win in VR for me. Will try 1 more and see how we go šŸ¤ž
Yeah, I tend to overreact to dirty drivers messing up my races, but it's not the end of the world. There should be a "Red Flag" for those who break the rules and ram into others or do nasty things out there. They should get a 5-second penalty. The best thing to ever do is to stay near the middle of the pack and then on the last two laps, try to get close to the front.

Last edited:
The best thing to ever do is to stay near the middle of the pack and then on the last two laps, try to get close to the front.
What? Why would you want to stay in the middle of the pack and only attack in the last 2 laps? By the time the last 2 laps come around the leaders are, most of the time, far away because beeing stuck in traffic costs a lot of time. You suddenly drive a couple of seconds faster then the rest of the drivers in the last laps or am I missing something? šŸ¤”

You don't want to fight the whole time and risk of getting hit or pushed. You wanna get away from the pack.

1000001287.jpg

Time to quit while I am ahead šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. 3 races this evening, 2 wins and a 3rd. Not too bad as that is my first proper attempt at the daily races in VR. Oddly, I found it much easier to manage my tyres. Probably because I was more conscious about driving smoothly in cockpit view maybe?. Anyway, hopefully this is the start of my DR recovery šŸ™ šŸ™ˆ

Last edited:
The good news for tonight. I set a new quick time of 1:57.929. Very happy about that. The not so good news was the only race I did.

Because I'm in a "Big Boy" lobby in my race I was way down on P14. I was one of 3 B rank racers. I fall behind and just hope I can get some freebies via penalties and rage quits.

I get involved with an incident as shown below. I'm in the black car with the orange slime looking livery.

All I can say is yup. I should have not retaliated as I did, and I will accept 100% of what happened to me. Just dumb decisions on everyone's part. I call it quits there and for the week as I want no part of that all weekend. I do plan on running in the back at RBR for gaining SR at some point Saturday.

The good news for tonight. I set a new quick time of 1:57.929. Very happy about that. The not so good news was the only race I did.

Because I'm in a "Big Boy" lobby in my race I was way down on P14. I was one of 3 B rank racers. I fall behind and just hope I can get some freebies via penalties and rage quits.

I get involved with an incident as shown below. I'm in the black car with the orange slime looking livery.

All I can say is yup. I should have not retaliated as I did, and I will accept 100% of what happened to me. Just dumb decisions on everyone's part. I call it quits there and for the week as I want no part of that all weekend. I do plan on running in the back at RBR for gaining SR at some point Saturday.

Ouch, that must have hurt and pissed you off. That happens to me 50-60% of the time so you're not alone there. That's cruel whoever was in that light blue Nissan car, showing off and pushing people off the road. If that was me, I would have caught up with him and bumped him into the wall, with also risking a penalty for that move. That's a good decision to stay out of it until the races switchover Monday.

Last edited:
Iā€™ve had an interesting couple of days at Suzuka. I was on vacation so I didnā€™t start until late Tuesday.
My last race at 10:00 last night was comical (DR-B, SR A/S). Lap 1, turn 8 was crowded as usual, 2 of us made it through and 1 didnā€™t. Not intentional banging by anyone but there was definitely contact and I wasnā€™t giving ground.
The guy that went off, came after me with a vengeance, he punted me for the first time on the next lap at 11 and he got a 4 second penalty but I still couldnā€™t catch him. He waited for me on the front straight and punted me again on turn 1, and turn 14.
He went into the pits on turn 5 and I stayed out to make some roomā€¦ he came back into the pits to get in behind me again when I pitted on lap 8 and he started it all over.
At this point, I wasnā€™t angry, it was just funny. My goal was to finish the race. I was also thinking possibly a CRB because I never retaliated but it didn't happen.
In all, he punted me about a dozen times (I taped the race and watched it, for fun, this morning). I ended up finishing 1 place above him, 1 lap down.
I looked his name up on the web, he has history.

Last edited:
Iā€™ve had an interesting couple of days at Suzuka. I was on vacation so I didnā€™t start until late Tuesday.
My last race at 10:00 last night was comical (DR-B, SR S/S). Lap 1, turn 8 was crowded as usual, 2 of us made it through and 1 didnā€™t. Not intentional banging by anyone but there was definitely contact and I wasnā€™t giving ground.
The guy that went off, came after me with a vengeance, he punted me for the first time on the next lap at 11 and he got a 4 second penalty but I still couldnā€™t catch him. He waited for me on the front straight and punted me again on turn 1, and turn 14.
He went into the pits on turn 5 and I stayed out to make some roomā€¦ he came back into the pits to get in behind me again when I pitted on lap 8 and he started it all over.
At this point, I wasnā€™t angry, it was just funny. My goal was to finish the race. I was also thinking possibly a CRB because I never retaliated but it didn't happen.
In all, he punted me about a dozen times (I taped the race and watched it, for fun, this morning). I ended up finishing 1 place above him, 1 lap down.
Did you add me on your friends list yet, I'd just like to compare times to see where I stand on the board. It's always a useful tool to help guide me in Sport Mode.

Sounds like a good sort lol.

I thought lap down cars automatically ghosted?
That happened pretty late but, are you ghosted to each other if you are both a lap down? It seemed like not.
There were also some weird things happening like Iā€™d see him way back at the far end of the straight and then all of a sudden heā€™s right on me. My pace was that of about the 5th/6th place finisher so Itā€™s not like I was horribly slow. When I rewatched the race, I watched it from his cockpit and it all looked normal except for the sound of his engine which would go quiet but be at a high rate of speed.

Last edited:
Had another race at RBR this morning very early before my run, started p2 against an A+ driver so he was gone after a few corners šŸ¤£ but P3 over took me on the outside of turn 1 and was about to spin it until I inadvertently bumped him back straight and he took my P2 šŸ˜¬ I think the weekend will be filled with RBR and F1 Monza!!!

Three B races today - Seems I now almost exclusively get matched with A+ and few A, some of them with SR A, almost all of them from 200 and better on the leaderboard. It's fine, no problem with me, but it seems this only happens when I have a competitive QT. The Gr3 races, where I'm typically only 1000-2000, it's almost always DR B. Why?

Three B races today - Seems I now almost exclusively get matched with A+ and few A, some of them with SR A, almost all of them from 200 and better on the leaderboard. It's fine, no problem with me, but it seems this only happens when I have a competitive QT. The Gr3 races, where I'm typically only 1000-2000, it's almost always DR B. Why?
When it happens to me, itā€™s usually related to the time of day when they have a harder time accurately matching rooms, fewer participants to fill rooms.

Iā€™ve been doing the C race at Suzuka this week and apparently my QT sucked, Iā€™ve been starting 15th-16th most of the races but finishing mid-pack. My times improved substantially by turning off the TC. Even with that, Iā€™m still 1.5 -2 seconds off the leaders. Lots of attrition though, seems to be near 25%, guys have an early wreck and they disappear, which I dont understand, thereā€™s plenty of time to make up for an early crash.

Last edited:
My last race at 10:00 last night was comical (DR-B, SR A/S). Lap 1, turn 8 was crowded as usual, 2 of us made it through and 1 didnā€™t. Not intentional banging by anyone but there was definitely contact and I wasnā€™t giving ground.
Just to update the above scenario, not as a complaint, but because itā€™s so weird. I rewatched it from his car.

• He punted me 10 times from lap 2-9 (I never retaliated).
  • He had a total of 25 seconds of penalties (some went unpenalized).
  • His fastest lap was a 1:53 but generally over 2:00
  • In the middle of lap 9 we were lapped and went to ghost. He tried to punt me a couple of more times unsuccessfully because we were ghosted.
  • As he resumed racing at lap 10, 1 lap down, he was faster than P2.
Hereā€™s the weird part.
He was 1 place ahead of me as we were approaching the checkered flagā€¦ and then he intentionally drove into a wall and let me pass him, just before the finish.

Last edited:
I had similar experiences when my DR rating was a bit over 50% A. Therefore I tanked it a bit (which was easy, just participating in these "too quick" lobbies did the trick). But it doesn't feel good to get humiliated by the real quick (and impatient) drivers, so I switched to racing almost exclusively on my other accounts, B/S. The ambition to prove myself that I maybe (maybe!!) belong in slightly higher lobbies has gone.

Anyone else think the penalties at RBR have been toned down quite a bit? They seem much more reasonable now; specifically at T1 and T9. No more is it "WTH!!?" and more like "Yea, I probably deserved that."

430157e098689317cd2158dadeefeeb0_photo.webp

Anyone else think the penalties at RBR have been toned down quite a bit? They seem much more reasonable now; specifically at T1 and T9. No more is it "WTH!!?" and more like "Yea, I probably deserved that."

430157e098689317cd2158dadeefeeb0_photo.webp
Haven't done the races this week but in the Evo TT I got so comfortable with T1, T3 and T9 that track limit pens were very frustrating but rare and that was when they were set to strict. And this was following Hencesi's ghost keeping close enough for a top 250 time.

Yet in the last race their the leeway on the t1 curb is super inconsistent. Times I feel like I ran to wide to early were fine yet hitting the curb late like in TT was insta pen šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Haven't done the races this week but in the Evo TT I got so comfortable with T1, T3 and T9 that track limit pens were very frustrating but rare and that was when they were set to strict. And this was following Hencesi's ghost keeping close enough for a top 250 time.

Yet in the last race their the leeway on the t1 curb is super inconsistent. Times I feel like I ran to wide to early were fine yet hitting the curb late like in TT was insta pen šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Give it a go this week and let me/us know.

It's really annoying when I not only get knocked off the track at Suzuka but then pick up a 1.5 second penalty because I got shoved into barrier while the perpetrator gets away with no penalty!
Yes, I've noticed that there don't seem to be any contact penalties at Race C this week - been rammed off at the hairpin and the final chicane a few times this week, not one penalty seen for the rammers!

Yes, I've noticed that there don't seem to be any contact penalties at Race C this week - been rammed off at the hairpin and the final chicane a few times this week, not one penalty seen for the rammers!
There are definitely contact penalties šŸ™ˆ

I hit someone who'd tapped someone else, and I got 5 seconds. I've also had 2 seconds and 4 seconds where I got caught out coming back through the field

Last edited:

I hit someone who'd tapped someone else, and I got 5 seconds. I've also had 2 seconds and 4 seconds where I got caught out coming back through the field
This I think is the problem, nobody's fault or reasoning but I think more tolerance to contact plays in to it.

I read earlier in the thread about someone being punted loads of times....my definition of being punted is not being bumped a bit but rammed off the track, accidentally or deliberately. And if either of those happen it's not many races I have time to be punted again and again after that.

A little sideways argy-bargy is always going to happen. I've been shown wide and shown people wide but the best strat is to concede sometimes for the greater good/result.

The big caveat to this is I'm comfortable racing the hot hatches and gr4 side by side and know when my luck/talent is gonna run out.

Contact in the game is a by product of close racing. Some people get it mostly for what it is...clumsiness....others take offence.

Neither is wrong but it doesn't matter if you are making decisions and inputs that keep you and them on the track.

Hairpins and GT don't mix great in daily lobbies so it's roll the dice territory but almost never is it targeted, clumsy and sweaty yes but it's an accessible game with a very very wide spread of abilities (car control and decision making, even at the upper levels).

This I think is the problem, nobody's fault or reasoning but I think more tolerance to contact plays in to it.

I read earlier in the thread about someone being punted loads of times....my definition of being punted is not being bumped a bit but rammed off the track, accidentally or deliberately. And if either of those happen it's not many races I have time to be punted again and again after that.

A little sideways argy-bargy is always going to happen. I've been shown wide and shown people wide but the best strat is to concede sometimes for the greater good/result.

The big caveat to this is I'm comfortable racing the hot hatches and gr4 side by side and know when my luck/talent is gonna run out.

Contact in the game is a by product of close racing. Some people get it mostly for what it is...clumsiness....others take offence.

Neither is wrong but it doesn't matter if you are making decisions and inputs that keep you and them on the track.

Hairpins and GT don't mix great in daily lobbies so it's roll the dice territory but almost never is it targeted, clumsy and sweaty yes but it's an accessible game with a very very wide spread of abilities (car control and decision making, even at the upper levels).
That was me getting punted and he was actually waiting and targeting but thatā€™s a real outliers, Iā€™ve never seen anything like that before but itā€™s very easy to legislate against.

It seems like an easy algorithm to create. The physics of the game dictates a max possible speed for a given car/setup for every turn (as you can see from the dynamic red braking zone).

• If you exceed the max cornering speed by X% and make contact, your penalty increases exponentially (this demonstrates that you either donā€™t know the course or you had intentions other than following the course).

• >X Gs of acceleration side contact should be heavily penalized as well as multiple or continuous side contact (This must me measured because itā€™s translated into force feedback).

• If you have X sec. of penalties in a given race, you get ghosted and you SR should be heavily affected.

• More use of the blue flag (if my current average lap time is 1-2 seconds, or X, slower than the rear approaching car, I get a blue flag. Damage: move over, Worn tires: move over etc)

• Offensive damage penalties should always be more than the results of getting hit and the resulting damage time delays. (In the example above, he was given 7 seconds of penalties and he still had to wait for me to punt me again).

I agree that itā€™s sometimes much wiser, and better race craft to back out of certain situations however, there are a lot of drivers that will prey on that. That happens a lot on every turn 1 of every track.

There seems to be a real difference in racing with people you know and those that will never have to hear from you again.

Other types of contact are a little harder to deal with. You canā€™t use the same amount of track width in a 16 car race that you use in qualifying, which means slower speeds, especially at the start. You hope people have that figured out by the time they advance through DR lobbies.

The biggest solution to all of these issuesā€¦ be fast.

The guy that was punting me started the race last with no QT but was faster than the top drivers, yet he chose carnagešŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited:
I did 4-5 more race at Grand Valley into this morning. In my 10th race, I was on my last lap and at the bridge right before the tunnel, I brushed up against the wall a tiny bit and I get a 1.5 second penalty, wtf!? It was too late to get rid of it by passing the yellow arrows, so after I passed the finish I even got a bigger penalty. That sucks now, PD's penalty system is out of whack sometimes, hurt my DR too. I was already at a middle-D. Well I'm not going to let that ruin my day. Trucking on.

So, how has it been coming along for you guys. My races 11-13 were better, I didn't rack up any penalties, :)

Last edited:

Yeah, I got a couple of penalties for pushing someone off the course after I was rammed into them by someone else. Naturally the original rammer escaped with no penalty.

Yeah, I got a couple of penalties for pushing someone off the course after I was rammed into them by someone else. Naturally the original rammer escaped with no penalty.
It seems like PD raised the bar for Grand Valley, I barely hit the wall and got a 1.5 second penalty. Also, in Race 12, I barely hit a driver in an RCZ car and even got a 2-second penalty. That's ridiculous. It sucks that the opponent doesn't get a penalty too. Even when they hit me, I don't see a penalty banner thing above their car. So unfair.

Looks like I'm stuck at RBR tonight and tomorrow, maybe a few more races at GV, but idk yet after all this crap.

Last edited:
Just had a crazy Q7/P7 for Daily Race B just now. At one point, I was as low as 12th, but I eventually regained my original position, thus raising my DR! I just don't understand how some drivers can just be so aggressive that they go side-by-side in areas that aren't good for passing, and then are all surprised when they end up taking each other out.

Something similar happened when I did the last round of the TGR GT Cup last Sunday. I think I saw some cars ahead of me go three-wide pretty late into the start/finish straight, and a bit before that first hairpin they either got spun-out or went into the gravel outside the hairpin, which allowed me to gain three positions easily.

Personally, I consider backing off the attack when I don't feel like it's a safe pass. But if people wanna give me free positions because I'm seemingly the only one playing it relatively safe, then whatever.

Last edited:
Wow! That was an interesting race at Suzuka! B and C drivers with one other D besides me, 2 Americans, 1 Canadian, and the rest South American. Probably the politest race I've experienced in awhile, at least around me. Never got shoved or punted or even dive bombed! Took several corners side-by-side. Started P14 ended P7, mostly due to other drivers quitting, but I'll take it!

Back