GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,712 comments
Started doing daily races for the first time since I bought the game. Good fun on deep forest, just had my first proper confrontation with some people who prefer to punt off instead of race but managed to recover nicely.

Still looking for win no. 1 but I think it's coming. Been using the Supra and just switched to the Z4 which seems that little faster. What's everyone else using?

Started doing daily races for the first time since I bought the game. Good fun on deep forest, just had my first proper confrontation with some people who prefer to punt off instead of race but managed to recover nicely.

Still looking for win no. 1 but I think it's coming. Been using the Supra and just switched to the Z4 which seems that little faster. What's everyone else using?
I won with the Corvette C7 GR3, it has that low end grunt to get off the tight hair pin and I even beat a Supra out of the corner that couldn't get rear grip as quickly....I was also running Soft tires

If you start near the front (P2 or 3), just try and get around the corner without smashing into anyone. Unless I'm P1, I usually go to the inside - not to pass anyone, but to make sure if they brake earlier than I expect, I don't ram them. You're going slow enough at the start that you shouldn't really lose any time if you go to the inside.

If you start near the end of the pack, just let the dust settle before hitting the turn. You'll gain places just by attrition.

But if you're in the middle of the pack, then survival is your only goal. Do the best you can, and know that after that turn and the next, things will likely clear up some. You'll probably get hit, or you'll hit someone. That's just the way it is. But if you survive, then it usually gets easier - not always, because there's always idiots, and it's easy to make mistakes with that many people around. Just don't let yourself into the sand in the upcoming set of turns, or it's basically over.
Yeah I think the main problem is that I got a time that starts me at P6-8 usually so anyone messing up (or me messing up which tbf has also happened plenty) is going to affect pretty much the entire pack.

Also the one time I get a clean start this happens :banghead:
Great showing of the penalty system as well

Yeah I think the main problem is that I got a time that starts me at P6-8 usually so anyone messing up (or me messing up which tbf has also happened plenty) is going to affect pretty much the entire pack.

Great showing of the penalty system as well

That was rough. Nice overtake though.

Managed 3H, 7M strategy in the WRX to finish P2 at Watkins Glen in an all B/S race.

Got me ahead of most of the no-stoppers, apart from the guy who finished P1 in a GTR - given that he was running hard tyres, and presumably fuel saving, he did a great job to get fastest lap and finish 36 seconds ahead of me!

Dear Mother of God...today is awful with the classic bug of getting stuck in the lobby, and even later in the loading screen pre-race.

Is it because it's sunday? (+ PD's potato servers?)

EDIT: I'm counting the time being stuck. 11 minutes and 24 seconds. I'm gonna quit GT7.
Thanks PD for making me lose SR points like that.

Last edited:
That was an awesome overtake - clean and beautiful. If you had done it to me, I'd be mentally applauding you while trying to remind myself to save the replay so I could figure out how the hell you did it!

His response is pretty juvenile, although I'm not one to talk because I let things get to me sometimes, but like I said, this was just great driving, IMO. Maybe someone else can explain a legitimate, or even semi-legitimate reason for him to be upset, but personally, I don't get it.

That was an awesome overtake - clean and beautiful. If you had done it to me, I'd be mentally applauding you while trying to remind myself to save the replay so I could figure out how the hell you did it!

His response is pretty juvenile, although I'm not one to talk because I let things get to me sometimes, but like I said, this was just great driving, IMO. Maybe someone else can explain a legitimate, or even semi-legitimate reason for him to be upset, but personally, I don't get it.
When they can't race clean they hate being beaten clean

What a difference having an A or B rating (DR) does in starting positions 😅

On my 2nd account, I have a qualy time of 1:29:2 and start between 3rd and 5th. In my main, which I ranked up to A only yesterday, I have a qualy time of 1:28:6 and started 7th.

Managed a P5 and clean race and quite happy with it. Anyone know what's coming next week?

Attachments

• 184ba1ff97a98-screenshotUrl.jpg
    184ba1ff97a98-screenshotUrl.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 14
I wish they'd tell us our QT rank in percentile. And I don't see a way to find out the total number of q times. If anyone knows, let me know.

So I used my second account to drive a painfully slow QT lap - in this case, my racing name was perfect:
Gran Turismo® 7_20221127094652.jpg

Here's the QT from my main account:
Gran Turismo® 7_20221127094454.jpg

Assuming SloMo's QT is near or at the bottom, and using my admittedly poor math skills, that puts my main account's QT in the top 6% or thereabouts.

So here's my question: Am I delusional for thinking that's pretty decent, considering I still use TCS 1, ASM is On, and Countersteering Assistance is Strong?

PS: I'm either bragging, or delusional... time (and responses) will tell. :boggled: :lol:
PPS: I'll be working on weaning myself from those assists "one of these days".

Just had a good race going in Race A, was just hanging in 4th and some idiot just punts me and others in the corner after the 90 degree turn that's after the long tunnel.....of course I hit the wall and spin out getting a 5 second penalty while he drives on...

I wish they'd tell us our QT rank in percentile. And I don't see a way to find out the total number of q times. If anyone knows, let me know.

So I used my second account to drive a painfully slow QT lap - in this case, my racing name was perfect:
View attachment 1211349

View attachment 1211350

Assuming SloMo's QT is near or at the bottom, and using my admittedly poor math skills, that puts my main account's QT in the top 6% or thereabouts.

So here's my question: Am I delusional for thinking that's pretty decent, considering I still use TCS 1, ASM is On, and Countersteering Assistance is Strong?

PS: I'm either bragging, or delusional... time (and responses) will tell. :boggled: :lol:
My 1:28:6 has me ranked around 1500th but didn't bother to check how many total put in a time 🤣

View attachment 1211349

View attachment 1211350

You can click R1 about 1000 times to find out how many people put up qualifying times, but that is just ridiculous. They should have a function/button that will take you to the very end. Or better yet, a spot somewhere where it says # of qualifiers. This would have to be an easy add.

I started gt7 October 30th, if you want to look up my profile to see my stats/progress in the game, type in rising_glass1. So far i've only done 2 races. One at Red bull ring short and the other at Circuit de Spa. I didn't do so well in the Spa one, finshed 12th. See I have to pit once in the race which always messes me up cause most of the drivers pass me then it's hard to catch up.

View attachment 1211349

View attachment 1211350

I remember setting a time a few months back that was the slowest lap (1 hour 12mins) and I’m sure it was about 120,000 mark.
No your time is decent! Your 4 tenths quicker than me and I use no assist. My lap was set in the AMG.

As for assists… i started first by switching to manual. Been able to slow the car with the gears is the biggest time gain I think. The others I don’t think make too much of a difference. I can tell when I have TC on as in some corners I can feel when it kicks in and I’m a bit slow on corner exit, but the other assists I don’t think slow me down that much. I might try tomorrow doing a lap with assister on and off.

Daily A at Deep Forest Reverse is a mixed bag for me. I was looking forward to it a lot and with the right people it works but there’s way too much incompetence and it costs so insanely much here. Too many stupid collisions at the newly built hairpin where people don’t understand how to place their cars properly. And also in the forest.

Just had one where I’m #3 and #2 brakes too late, taps #1 a bit but then #2 completely stands on his brakes and I get pinball murdered even though I saw it coming and lifted for over a whole second coming into that tunnel. Dude. If you’re going to be Mr. Nice Guy and pay for your mistake (perfectly fine and honourable) then do it at a proper damn place. It really isn’t that difficult.

Last edited:
I had a bizarre incident last nice in Race C. I started and finished P1, which was an awesome day for me. What happened, though, is that one of the faster cars must have had a crash or something g because I lapped him at lap 7 or 8. I don’t remember because what proceeded was so distracting: this buffoon, who I had previously somewhat respected, was trying to knock me off the track. Aggressively. Except that because he was lapped, he was ghosting the entire time. He drove right on top of me for the remaining laps (however many, I didn’t count because I was so distracted) and kept trying to screw with my field of vision and still kept trying to pit me. For several laps! It was a horrible experience and nearly ruined my race from all the ways he distracted me. Surely he knew he was ghosted and couldn’t pit me, but clearly he was trying. It was actually good training for focusing on my laps, but it was such horrid sportsmanship I can’t believe it.

I wonder if he was “teammates” with the P2 car and was trying to give him a chance to overtake me. Has anyone ever had this happen? All I can say is thank God for the ghost feature of lapped cars. Now I know why it exists.

As for assists… i started first by switching to manual. Been able to slow the car with the gears is the biggest time gain I think.
I'm surprised at the number of people who didn't start off with manual. And I don't mean that as criticism - it's just that the thought never even occurred to me. I definitely agree that being able to shift gears is the biggest time gain, if someone's using automatic.

The only reason I want to learn to drive without the other assists (TCS, etc) is to see for myself how much difference it makes. But it's tough to learn, and most of the time I actually lose speed because I'm being so careful to not accelerate too fast too soon.

I'll always leave the braking area turned on, because I need some flashing reminders that I need to pay attention to the upcoming corner - it's an ADD thing for me, too easily distracted by everything else going on. I don't necessarily use the braking area to determine where I start braking, but like I said, it's a visual reminder to get my head in the game.

It's good that there are so many ways to play the game. Helps even the playing field a little.

Daily A at Deep Forest Reverse is a mixed bag for me. I was looking forward to it a lot and with the right people it works but there’s way too much incompetence and it costs so insanely much here. Too many stupid collisions at the newly built hairpin where people don’t understand how to place their cars properly. And also in the forest.

Just had one where I’m #3 and #2 brakes too late, taps #1 a bit but then #2 completely stands on his brakes and I get pinball murdered even though I saw it coming and lifted for over a whole second coming into that tunnel. Dude. If you’re going to be Mr. Nice Guy and pay for your mistake (perfectly fine and honourable) then do it at a proper damn place. It really isn’t that difficult.
I am going to miss A when it's gone; wish it were around for more than half the week. I am not sure how many races I did but it was a fair amount; if it was more than 50 I wouldn't be surprised.

But, of course, so much comes down to who one is racing against and how clean/smart they are. Luckily for me my quali time put me on pole for most races, and if not in P2 or P3. I ran the GTR exclusively as I was tuned in with it and the temporary 400% payout increase meant I did want to place as high as possible despite the no DR/SR (108.5k per win).

Starting up front meant I'd be under attack for sure going into that sharp right (T3?), espeically if it was an n/a V8 (like Vette, Jag, Merc, etc.) as the turbo lag on the turbo cars hinders acceleration a fair amount. My strategy was to hold the right side of the track until T2, then allow the car to track out such I was basically in the middle of the track going into the sharp right. This seemed to mitigate people trying some crazy dive. Most people were really good about it and could even tell a handful would let off the gas before the braking zone.

Loved post update A but the my other life responsibilities are glad it's over. :lol:

ef802cf28b2744b2969746a99bf815f9_photo.webp

Last edited:
Finally got around to trying out Road Atlanta. I did the circuit experience and had some trouble with the turn 3 thought the esses section, but still got gold in all sectors. Granted that was in GR.3 car and not the Roadster for Monday's race. Which was a whole different experience to drive. It should be no problem to handle in race conditions, but I did have times where I was "dirt tracking it" on the entry and exit of some corners. Very enjoyable track to drive in my opinion. I'm expecting nothing but pure chaos come race time and I'm all for it. Until I get run off track for no reason multiple times of course.

Here’s my qualy lap for this past week’s Race C at Watkins Glen. When I checked earlier tonight it was still at #29 globally which was good enough for #2 in the Americas region. Arguably one of my best laps ever, and I’ll tell you how I did it.

Ran a bunch of laps on my own first in the GTR. Got my time down to a 1:52.0 which was just outside the top 100. Then watched 3 of the top 10 replays and noticed all 3 of them were in the dark. So I went back on track and ran about 15 laps without retrying or exiting then I could see the sky get darker and slowly the grip improved. On lap 20 or so I hit a 1:51.9 on what felt like a poor lap. By lap 25 I hit the 51.6 and it still didn’t seem as clean as it could be but I stopped there. I was gaining a lot of time up the hill on the front straight and up the shorter hill at the end of sector 2. Even if it didn’t feel like I got a great exit, I would still gain on my ghost by the end of the straight because of the better grip I’m guessing. It was almost like being on a slightly softer compound of tire, something between softs and mediums.

Anyway, game exploits aside, it’s still a pretty good lap that I’m happy with and I don’t feel like I took advantage TOO much because I didn’t really encounter anyone all week who was able to outpace me in the race. Was running 55’s all race on hard tires while fuel-saving with 2 or 3 54’s mixed in there once I really got it dialed in. Fastest finishing time was a 19:19 and that was with a .5s penalty.

Oh and by the way, this night time replay at the Glen looks amazing in high resolution, 4K if you got it. See you all next week at Road Atlanta, cheers!

Penalized for braking in the new Race A.

The new 600% increased payout Weekly Race A features a car that wobbles while braking on the track with the most chaotic braking in the game. I guess PD either wanted me to continue braking in my original line, hitting the other car, or brake way early not even trying to have a close race plus risk getting rammed which would give me the penalty knowing PD. To top it off the race that happens every 20 minutes with the 600% increased payout gives barely 65,000 credits for finishing sixth.
20221128_021422.jpg

Also this is just a guess since I don't have the engine to swap it to, but in Race B it says that only widebody and nitrous is prohibited so going by that the engine swapped Silvia can enter. I have no idea if the BoP factors in an engine swap, but if not then the Silvia may have a chance against the 4 wheel drives.

Last edited:
Oh I was so happy that Atlanta is included in this weeks races, but then I saw the car limitation... Come on... That's a car for Tsukuba, we need Gr3 here!

Race A - pass. I don't like how the Lambo VGT corners on Monza, plus I hate the 1st corner madness. It was already a mess a couple of weeks ago in Gr.3.

Race B - pass. Another 155 cup. And Fuji again. Still waiting for Daytona road course to show up either in race A or B.

Race C - I like the Road Atlanta + Miata combo!!

Last edited:
Back