GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,712 comments
Here’s my qualy lap for this past week’s Race C at Watkins Glen. When I checked earlier tonight it was still at #29 globally which was good enough for #2 in the Americas region. Arguably one of my best laps ever, and I’ll tell you how I did it.

Ran a bunch of laps on my own first in the GTR. Got my time down to a 1:52.0 which was just outside the top 100. Then watched 3 of the top 10 replays and noticed all 3 of them were in the dark. So I went back on track and ran about 15 laps without retrying or exiting then I could see the sky get darker and slowly the grip improved. On lap 20 or so I hit a 1:51.9 on what felt like a poor lap. By lap 25 I hit the 51.6 and it still didn’t seem as clean as it could be but I stopped there. I was gaining a lot of time up the hill on the front straight and up the shorter hill at the end of sector 2. Even if it didn’t feel like I got a great exit, I would still gain on my ghost by the end of the straight because of the better grip I’m guessing. It was almost like being on a slightly softer compound of tire, something between softs and mediums.

Anyway, game exploits aside, it’s still a pretty good lap that I’m happy with and I don’t feel like I took advantage TOO much because I didn’t really encounter anyone all week who was able to outpace me in the race. Was running 55’s all race on hard tires while fuel-saving with 2 or 3 54’s mixed in there once I really got it dialed in. Fastest finishing time was a 19:19 and that was with a .5s penalty.

Oh and by the way, this night time replay at the Glen looks amazing in high resolution, 4K if you got it. See you all next week at Road Atlanta, cheers!

Not really an exploit to be fair, moreso just how real physics work, you'll be quicker and have more grip on a colder track.

On that note, there's quite a consensus that GT doesn't simulate track or tyre temperatures. I'm not really sure where it came from, because like you showed, 30 minutes of testing and it's pretty clear.

Last edited:
Race C is fantastic fun. On the surface yes it looks pretty boring, but the side by side racing is so much fun. Looking forward to this week.

Best daily race c in quite some time imo. We should be forced to drive slower cars until DR A 😂

But the penalty system. Why are we still getting track limits penalties when we clearly didn’t gain time?! Sometimes we’re just avoiding carnage and we still get a penalty. Ffs PD

Here’s my qualy lap for this past week’s Race C at Watkins Glen. When I checked earlier tonight it was still at #29 globally which was good enough for #2 in the Americas region. Arguably one of my best laps ever, and I’ll tell you how I did it.

Ran a bunch of laps on my own first in the GTR. Got my time down to a 1:52.0 which was just outside the top 100. Then watched 3 of the top 10 replays and noticed all 3 of them were in the dark. So I went back on track and ran about 15 laps without retrying or exiting then I could see the sky get darker and slowly the grip improved. On lap 20 or so I hit a 1:51.9 on what felt like a poor lap. By lap 25 I hit the 51.6 and it still didn’t seem as clean as it could be but I stopped there. I was gaining a lot of time up the hill on the front straight and up the shorter hill at the end of sector 2. Even if it didn’t feel like I got a great exit, I would still gain on my ghost by the end of the straight because of the better grip I’m guessing. It was almost like being on a slightly softer compound of tire, something between softs and mediums.

Anyway, game exploits aside, it’s still a pretty good lap that I’m happy with and I don’t feel like I took advantage TOO much because I didn’t really encounter anyone all week who was able to outpace me in the race. Was running 55’s all race on hard tires while fuel-saving with 2 or 3 54’s mixed in there once I really got it dialed in. Fastest finishing time was a 19:19 and that was with a .5s penalty.

Oh and by the way, this night time replay at the Glen looks amazing in high resolution, 4K if you got it. See you all next week at Road Atlanta, cheers!

Not really an exploit to be fair, moreso just how real physics work, you'll be quicker and have more grip on a colder track.

On that note, there's quite a consensus that GT doesn't simulate track or tyre temperatures. I'm not really sure where it came from, because like you showed, 30 minutes of testing and it's pretty clear.
Ok, I thought I was going crazy because my best times were always at dusk. I thought, “ok, it must be because I ran 15 laps, so of course my time is better,” but then if I did a restart immediately after, my time was always significantly slower. I wondered if there was something with the physics going on, and this seems to confirm it. I noticed this at St. Croix a couple months ago as well, but didn’t really pay much attention. Looks like I’m going to have to keep experimenting. . .

I decided to do Race A for this week but I might jump in for Race C if I feel like it because I really like how Road Atlanta goes.

I always wanted to partake in a Vision Gran Turismo one make daily if the game gives me an opportunity to do so and thankfully this week gives me one. I only managed to do one session today because it really took me a while to get used with how the Lambo V12 VGT performs during my quali sessions. The best I can muster for this daily in terms of time was a 1:33.188.

For the only session I did for today I started on P2 while the pole sitter had a time that was .047 secs quicker than mine. Race starts and as expected Monza T1 shenanigans struck again and it was like someone decided to use the driver who started on P3 as a missile to take down the pole sitter but the guy who made the P3 driver a missile apologized during the race for the unintended mistake. Due to the T1 shenanigans I was able to get out of that turn alive along with another driver that got out of the shenanigans unscathed.

During lap 2 I accidentally cut della Roggia due to me not timing it right on the braking but I got lucky as the game didn't hit me with a penalty presumably because I lost some momentum after cutting della Roggia and didn't gain any lasting advantage from accidentally cutting that corner. The battle between me and the P2 driver was kind of close but unfortunately due to a string of mistakes that the P2 driver made during lap 3 onwards especially on lap 4 where he might've made a big mistake on the Ascari which allowed me to build up my gap further and from there I was able to win this race.

1669641574802.png

This race is definitely going to be a learning curve for me as I'm going to try and understand how this car likes to be used. Also I don't expect any clean races for this one because Monza plus maybe the car depending on how its used.

Last edited:
I decided to do Race A for this week but I might jump in for Race C if I feel like it because I really like how Road Atlanta goes.

I always wanted to partake in a Vision Gran Turismo one make daily if the game gives me an opportunity to do so and thankfully this week gives me one. I only managed to do one session today because it really took me a while to get used with how the Lambo V12 VGT performs during my quali sessions. The best I can muster for this daily in terms of time was a 1:33.188.

For the only session I did for today I started on P2 while the pole sitter had a time that was .047 secs quicker than mine. Race starts and as expected Monza T1 shenanigans struck again and it was like someone decided to use the driver who started on P3 as a missile to take down the pole sitter but the guy who made the P3 driver a missile apologized during the race for the unintended mistake. Due to the T1 shenanigans I was able to get out of that turn alive along with another driver that got out of the shenanigans unscathed.

During lap 2 I accidentally cut della Roggia due to me not timing it right on the braking but I got lucky as the game didn't hit me with a penalty presumably because I lost some momentum after cutting della Roggia and didn't gain any lasting advantage from accidentally cutting that corner. The battle between me and the P2 driver was kind of close but unfortunately due to a string of mistakes that the P2 driver made during lap 3 onwards especially on lap 4 where he might've made a big mistake on the Ascari which allowed me to build up my gap further and from there I was able to win this race.

View attachment 1211571

This race is definitely going to be a learning curve for me as I'm going to try and understand how this car likes to be used. Also I don't expect any clean races for this one because Monza plus maybe the car depending on how its used.

This might actually be a first? I don't ever recall this happening on Sport either, outside of the occasional Red Bull races which I'm not sure would count.

It's nice to see and now I'm back in C DR and up the front of the grid I hope to smash out some wins on this tonight, before I'm dumped back in B and running at the back again, lol.

It absolutely does model tyre temps. Nenkaii has displayed the data in real time.

I might give the dailys a rest this week. Race A seems a minefield, B is fuji so avoid on principle and C is a car I am always miles and miles off the pace in. I might give it a run to see how my times stack up but suspect I will be a solid 1 second a lap off DR-A competitiveness.

Think will have a week off this week, had a blast with the red bull ring last week, apart from the blasted turn 2 but Fuji group 4 doesn’t appeal this week

Hi all! Just did one race C and one lap of another race C... In first one I was murdered in T1, in second I was murdered in the chickane... Enough for me this week. If PD dont bring us penalty system this game gonna die, and no VGTs and new tracks gonna change it, sad but true

Well

Think I'll have to rethink my aim of winning one of these :lol:

How are people saying this car is a good drive it's a nightmare.

Hi all! Just did one race C and one lap of another race C... In first one I was murdered in T1, in second I was murdered in the chickane... Enough for me this week. If PD dont bring us penalty system this game gonna die, and no VGTs and new tracks gonna change it, sad but true
I may wait until later in the week, when things have settled down. New track and all...

C has been some of the most fun racing I've had in this game, that track is fit perfectly to those cars.

Been completely clean racing for me too, though I suppose that's mostly because of my DR, when I play on my alt that's in A I can still see why people get fed up with Sport Mode, because even that is about 5x dirtier than my usual A+ lobbies. It's quite the staggering difference.

The Roadster is so underutilised in Sport Mode. It's a fantastic little thing.

Well, that's exactly what I expected.

The track is awesome, the car is great fun, and the combo -to my personal taste- is one of the best in daily races so far, super fun to drive. At least in qualifying. 1:28:1 so far, and if I manage to squeeze my best individual sectors together into one single lap, four of five tenths might still to be found.

But:

I haven't competed in an actual race for two weeks now. I just can't, because my experience after climbing back up to DR A for the second time has started exactly like the first one. Being bombed into oblivion in the first race in a higher lobby. I already have shown that I'm a crybaby about it in this very forum thread 🤣.

But honestly, I'd love to have some real races again, especially with that combo, but I just can't stand the expectation of being relegated back to DR B and especially to SR A once again. I feel like having a target on my back, and I'm not skilled enough to avoid the dirty driving.

To find the urge to race again, I might need therapy😆. Okay, no, that's too expensive. A friendly verbal pat on the back, or even better: a kick in my a... err, my rear bumper might also do the trick. Anyone?😜

Yeah I guess technically not an exploit. I don’t feel too guilty about it, I just wish it wasn’t a thing. I’d much rather have static time for Q sessions. It’s a combo I’m pretty quick at anyway, and it was an unpopular one, so I don’t feel like I stole any wins or anything. And if you can’t hold up to your qualy time, 10 laps is enough time for anyone who is truly quicker to catch up. If it was Race B, I could see people using it to their advantage to boost their DR artificially in the sprint race format.
It absolutely does model tyre temps. Nenkaii has displayed the data in real time.
I was going to say the same thing but I wasn’t sure. The data is there, just not displayed on a user level without a back door.

Yeah I guess technically not an exploit. I don’t feel too guilty about it, I just wish it wasn’t a thing. I’d much rather have static time for Q sessions. It’s a combo I’m pretty quick at anyway, and it was an unpopular one, so I don’t feel like I stole any wins or anything. And if you can’t hold up to your qualy time, 10 laps is enough time for anyone who is truly quicker to catch up. If it was Race B, I could see people using it to their advantage to boost their DR artificially in the sprint race format.

I was going to say the same thing but I wasn’t sure. The data is there, just not displayed on a user level without a back door.
Race B has definitely benefited my driving I like to have a sprint where the race pace doesn't settle, it means people make mistakes under pressure in such a short race....side note the McLaren 650s GT4 is the underrated sleeper and I've beat the Alfa club many times, especially in terms of qualifying time, it's also very balanced with it's down force....

Last edited:
My experience started with 3 races and 3 times I was punted off track in T1 or the chicane. My 4th race I had someone at the door and barely made it back in time. My 5th and 6th I managed to avoid the caos and had 2 great races. One where I finished 2nd and didn’t even try to take 1st in place in fear of ruining my race and when P1 made an error I purposely left him pass because he was sending it. The last one I finished P1 because the guy in front binned it, twice, and I managed to take advantage. He was 2 seconds faster than me but couldn’t keep it on track.

I’m almost out of DR D and back to C where I think I belong after I started using a wheel.

Well, that's exactly what I expected.

The track is awesome, the car is great fun, and the combo -to my personal taste- is one of the best in daily races so far, super fun to drive. At least in qualifying. 1:28:1 so far, and if I manage to squeeze my best individual sectors together into one single lap, four of five tenths might still to be found.

But:

I haven't competed in an actual race for two weeks now. I just can't, because my experience after climbing back up to DR A for the second time has started exactly like the first one. Being bombed into oblivion in the first race in a higher lobby. I already have shown that I'm a crybaby about it in this very forum thread 🤣.

But honestly, I'd love to have some real races again, especially with that combo, but I just can't stand the expectation of being relegated back to DR B and especially to SR A once again. I feel like having a target on my back, and I'm not skilled enough to avoid the dirty driving.

To find the urge to race again, I might need therapy😆. Okay, no, that's too expensive. A friendly verbal pat on the back, or even better: a kick in my a... err, my rear bumper might also do the trick. Anyone?😜
Race on your alt account?🍻

I'm having a blast on race b with the McLaren, it turns better than the WRX and Alfa in the slow section's, back to back top 3 finishes...
Thanks for posting that. I need a different car, because the Alfa and the WRX are way overused. Unfortunately I won't be racing for a while, because I have to assemble this GT Omega Prime cockpit that just got delivered. It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it. :lol:

IMG_7344.jpeg

Race C is pretty fun. Was able to do about 1.1 races of it today. Second race started and I couldn't hear my car. That coupled with someone hitting the wall a T1 and then hitting me into the sandpit... I took that as a sign and bailed. :lol:

Back