GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,710 comments
thinking about logging in to do Race C, but a couple questions-

is there any pit / fuel strategy involved? or is it just 12 laps with normal cars (what a shocking concept)

second- from some reading i've noticed that running the quali laps after 20-30 minutes elapsing creates the optimal time. is it really that profound of a difference?
Race is flat out, no strat.
On Qualy, Im seeing no performance difference after that time (I made almost 20 laps yesterday).

I think what you mention, is related with the tyre temp when passing form day to night in qualy (happened in Watkings Glen last week, on Bathurst some time ago and also in A1 Ring).

After 30 minutes in Road Atlanta, didnt see any changes on the sky.

This race is the best combo since launch IMO, followed by GR3 at Daytona.

I'm liking it as well and enjoying the extra credits. Doesn't take much to earn back the cost of the car (1M). Planning to do quite a lot of these races. Only started with a few yesterday, 5/5 with CRB so far. :)

Precisely. Given there's nothing on the line (except your time), it's a welcome break from the seriousness of Sport Mode.

I quite like the potential fresh approach of "Race A for credits, Race B & C for online ranking". Kinda makes everything a bit more flexible.

The new track for Race C seems to really have pulled people back in. I'm a mid A/S and both races yesterday were stacked with big name A+ drivers that at least I haven't been paired with lately. I think both races had more A+ than A.
Noticed that and can cofirm.
A weeks before, just 3 or 4 A+ drivers in american servers at midnight.

This was yesterday and really, really had the best experience in sport so far.

1669742365115.png

As I had the morning off I jumped in for some Race C action. What a great combo this is. I loved throwing this car around that circuit.

Someone was advertising their YouTube account and as I racing them directly for a few laps I decided to take a look at myself from their perspective.

It looks like an Aussie who races here in EMEA. I'm in the first race on the stream. It was a good one for myself. P10 to P4. One thing I didn't like was that they called me an idiot for a slight bump in the esses. They were too slow and as I was concentrating on getting the car through the corner I had nowhere to go (plus I would have span if I slowed.) It also did nothing to them. As I showed throughout the lap and in my eventual overtake that I am clean it wasn't warranted and I'm taking it as an overreaction to their mistake. (Plus they hipped someone off in that corner earlier in the race. Sooooo....)
If it wasn't for the wobble in the double right I would have been fighting them for P2, but P4 is still a good result.

I was trying to get a race in before I watch football and both times (race b then race a) I was called down stairs forcing me to have a dns x 2

As I had the morning off I jumped in for some Race C action. What a great combo this is. I loved throwing this car around that circuit.
Yes, it's great fun!

Simple strategy too - just take it careful on lap 1, and watch everybody fall off, or get pushed off the track!

Two races this afternoon, first one I started 12th, was in 3rd by the end of lap 1 - finished 4th.

Second race, started 13th, 3rd by the end of lap 1, finished 3rd.....

🤭

I ran two race C yesterday, had good fun. In the second race a German in front of me made a.mistake in t2, causing him to slow down dramatically and.me to swerve to avoid him. This upsetting the car so I was momentarily out of control. While regaining it a UK driver passed my obviously out of control car, swung in front of me and braked immediately. I had no way to avoid him and he got sent to the sand.
Frantic honking signalled his disdain for me.
I waited for him so he could pass me at the end of the straight but he would rather retaliate and push me off.
I just carried on, no need to make it even worse by trying to return the favour but I admit I thought "I hope you enjoyed that and now can relax".

Not sure on this weeks Daily Races
Daily B - I’m not a fan of the Gr4 at the minute. The 4wd cars are getting boring now
Daily C - It’s good fun and I enjoy the race but struggling with consistency at both Road Atlanta and the Mazda. RA still not learnt the track so missing braking points and apex’s, and the Mazda is fun to drive but don’t think it’s the right car for a new track. Going to keep racing on this as long as it sensible, but once people start bashing and crashing ill just leave it.

Just done that Toyota GTWS Worlds Final race and what a joke. 1st race got taken out on T1 on the 1st lap. After that I was pissed off and then just making mistakes. Sat in the pits for the last 13 laps and collected a P14 and 200,000 credits.
Did a another race and this time I didnt get swiped on T1 but I made a mistake on lap 2 and was back last again. Then from in I made more mistakes. After quitters and beating 1 other car I got P12.
Will not be doing that race again. The Toyota I find hard to drive.

Last edited:
Race C for me is great fun. Quali time of 1:27:7 sits me pole in most of my B lobbies, but keep getting punted lap one. Keeping finishing 3rd after recovering.

Am I right in thinking this will still increase my DR? Need to get out these B lobbies and into some cleaner A/A+ ones.

@Nebuc72 See you're in the latest Super GT video in the Deep Forest race

About 5:16 in

Yeah, always a pleasure to race alongside him, he's mega quick and mega clean. Pretty much a guarantee when I see him pop up in a race that I'll end up in a video somewhere down the line so it's fun to keep my eye out for it lol.

Frantic honking signalled his disdain for me.
goose GIF

Race C for me is great fun. Quali time of 1:27:7 sits me pole in most of my B lobbies, but keep getting punted lap one. Keeping finishing 3rd after recovering.

Am I right in thinking this will still increase my DR? Need to get out these B lobbies and into some cleaner A/A+ ones.
Yes. You gain DR from those you finish ahead of. So by finishing 3rd you still gain loads of DR.

Only 11 races done so far in daily A, all 11 with CRB and already earned 1,467,915 credits. These races are sometimes kind of bizarre but I find enjoyment in them and so far it’s also raising my clean races percentage as well as earning me a lot of Cr which I’ll happily take. And since they’re A with DR/SR off one can take them on with a relaxing approach and just enjoy. Personally I listen to music during these since that’s another passion of mine.

Often there are complaints about the penalty system but I seldom find myself complaining, probably primarily because I rarely find myself in accidents but also because when I turn out to be an innocent victim it does work in my favour, for which I have to commend it, one example from tonight below. I got to keep the clean race bonus here.

And one other short video, to give a short summary of what these ones might look like. With the right approach you’ll be fine here. Just learn how to safely remain in control of the car and expect almost everyone else to be lacking in that department and foresee their mistakes.

Last edited:
hey, what hardware are you using to play? (wheel base, wheel, pedals) I'm looking to go from controller to rig and I'm lost AF. I assumed another old head could give me some guidance :D

Either way Road Atlanta/MX-5 Cup is my new favorite daily combination, it's fast, flowing, frenetic, and fun!
I started out with the Logitec G29 and just moved to the Thrustmaster 300RS. My times really picked up with
the change. I'd recommend the Thrustmaster but the G29 is still a good wheel to start with.

Anyone getting annoyed with the electric version of these car on Daily races?
Tried Daily B for first time and i get stuck with a car with no engine sound. Had to switch to auto mid race as I was getting stuck in the gears.

Also has Fuji always had a short track on this game? Don’t ever remember seeing it

Man, was having a great Race C and slammed into the 2nd place car at the end of the initial set of S turns on Lap 3. Not really sure if it was my fault or not but I feel like he braked super early. Maybe not. Felt bad either way and got a 4 second penalty to boot.

Feel like it was my fault but also feel like he panic braked. What should I have done here? Maybe I was focused too much on him and carrying too much speed?

Well that is the braking point.............crap did it again by not combing this reply with another

Last edited:
Anyone getting annoyed with the electric version of these car on Daily races?
Tried Daily B for first time and i get stuck with a car with no engine sound. Had to switch to auto mid race as I was getting stuck in the gears.

Also has Fuji always had a short track on this game? Don’t ever remember seeing it
Only difference is the one chicae, but yea, it's been there all along.

WHOA NELLY! What an absolute blast racing at Road Atlanta tonight! I didn't improve my qualifying time, but it seems to be fine for now. I was top 3500 or so (not the best, but not the worst) last time I checked. That is a bit higher than where I usually sit around 5000-6000.

Race 1 had me in P2 to start. A pleasant surprise to be sure. I don't fail the standing start and away we go! Things are going fine until lap 3 where I get the entry to the esses all wrong and I lose a ton of momentum. Then I keep getting off track penalties and going way deep in corners way too often to even attempt a comeback. I eventually find myself behind P8 and I cannot get by them safely at all. At one point I got into the back of them as they were way early on the brakes. I tried to make a move on the entry to the final chicane and get that all wrong and take them out on the next lap. I let them by as it's only fair once we get going. I finish P9 after the chaos. Very much a learning experience with that one.

Race 2 has me in P6 this time and I don't mess up the start again. First few laps were great with the top 6 breaking away with some close clean racing. I take the lead for a bit, but lose it a few laps later when I almost get sideways exiting the esses. Some more minor mistakes later and I cross the line in P7.

Overall, a fun night of racing even with me still learning the track under actual race conditions. Nobody was really dirty in the races from my vantage point. Some collisions, but I'll attribute that to probably everyone having their first races on the new track. I can forgive that for this week. Tomorrow should be better as I know what to expect. Also, the constant honking was very annoying. Yikes...

Yeah I had the McLaren going good but of course now I can't get it to hook up good and I'm also in the 44s, but jumped to a 43 in the Alfa then I switched back to the McLaren, started p2....and I won lol
I wish I could get in the races you do, best start I've had was P5 and that was this evening after I improved my qualifying time from 43.6 to 43.4. I'm having good races, but keep getting stuck in A, A+ lobbies.

I needed a fun break so tried out Race C last night in Asia. It was chaos, but a load of fun. The first race someone ahead did a false start so while starting p7 I end up clipping the car ahead as it ping ponged backwards and spinning out. Dropping me to to p14 of 15. Got 3 places back as people ran off at turn 1 and then another 3 by the back straight again. Made a couple of passes and got clipped off by someone with a tank slapper so ended up fighting and driving my way back up again. Ended up P5, but no one was dirty, just all trying to keep the car on a knife edge. Even made a huge send around the outside of turn 1 for a solid pass as part of a great 2 laps of racing with the driver who finished p6.

Second race I started P5, jumped to P4 at the start and held it tight for a pass to P3 through Turn 1. Then clipped off the next 2 as they both bobbled at different parts and I get the lead. But the polesitter is simply too fast and after a couple of tight corners they get a smooth pass at the chicane and it's bye bye to them as they drive off. After that I twice get nearly killed by the exit curb on the final chicane to drop to P3, but it was a great fun race. I'm finding the chaos to be far more about keeping the car under control than any real seriously dirty drivers so far. And have had some great moments with other drivers.

Really liking this track with slower cars, not sure I'm going to enjoy it in the inevitable Gr3 cars though.

I needed a fun break so tried out Race C last night in Asia. It was chaos, but a load of fun. The first race someone ahead did a false start so while starting p7 I end up clipping the car ahead as it ping ponged backwards and spinning out. Dropping me to to p14 of 15. Got 3 places back as people ran off at turn 1 and then another 3 by the back straight again. Made a couple of passes and got clipped off by someone with a tank slapper so ended up fighting and driving my way back up again. Ended up P5, but no one was dirty, just all trying to keep the car on a knife edge. Even made a huge send around the outside of turn 1 for a solid pass as part of a great 2 laps of racing with the driver who finished p6.

Second race I started P5, jumped to P4 at the start and held it tight for a pass to P3 through Turn 1. Then clipped off the next 2 as they both bobbled at different parts and I get the lead. But the polesitter is simply too fast and after a couple of tight corners they get a smooth pass at the chicane and it's bye bye to them as they drive off. After that I twice get nearly killed by the exit curb on the final chicane to drop to P3, but it was a great fun race. I'm finding the chaos to be far more about keeping the car under control than any real seriously dirty drivers so far. And have had some great moments with other drivers.

Really liking this track with slower cars, not sure I'm going to enjoy it in the inevitable Gr3 cars though.
If Gr4 would this be another Alfa Fest or are the esses too much for it?

What I'm learning at RA is not to yield at T1, it will just ruin you as you run off the track. Race C is tons of fun. It's killed or be killed. People go for passes at the worse parts of the track. If you yield for them, you will just get eaten up by everyone behind carrying more speed and eventually get tangled up. If you don't yield, be prepared to get tangled up. Nearly qualified top 1000, won won race and the rest are P10s 🤬

Yes, race C is a great combo.

I finally overcame my "being-punted-to-oblivion-PTSD"😆, thanks to @ILLEAGLE_34 and his great advice, by just racing on my second account.

It started well, qualitime 1:28:2, P2 in a low B/S lobby. Clean start, I follow P1 who is very fast, P3 is two seconds behind me, and everything seems to fall in place. This could even get a bit boring... so I decide to make a little mistake (no, of course it just happens because I start thinking about it), P3 catches up, and suddenly I'm right in the middle of some shenanigans which throw me back to P8 in lap 5. Get punted three times in the process, and people try overtakes in veeeeery dumb spots. Damn, business as usual again?
No, not this time. I manage to fight back, climb up the order and finish P3. Including some clean overtakes (and one slightly dirty lean-to-pass, a little retaliation to someone who had punted me onto the lawn😈). P1 has raced cleanly ahead, P2 is a belgian guy who had a fantastic wild race from the back, carving up the whole field after dropping back far behind everyone with a mistake in lap 1 (i watched the whole replay).
According to the aforementioned replay, I needed half the race to start getting decent lap times. The lenght of the race is a great plus, because it allows you to settle in and make up for the carnage in the first laps after everything has sorted itself out a bit. My strongest sector is T1. Don't know why, but I was faster than everybody else there, no matter if I was inside or outside (or in the middle of a three-wide situation, which happened once).

Overall, most fun combo in daily races so far (at least for me).

One question to the people who might know, before I dare to race on my main account again: Do the longer races (which means: race C) give or take more DR and SR points than the shorter ones?

Last edited:
Get punted three times in the process, and people try overtakes in veeeeery dumb spots
Strange isn't it - there actually some good overtaking spots on this track, and yet people try it where it's bound to end in disaster!
My strongest sector is T1
The strongest part of the track for me is the final chicane - I'm often pulling a second ahead of people by the start/finish line. Also find that people overtaking you into the left of that chicane can be repassed by a switch back in the right and up the hill.

Latest Posts

Back