GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,709 comments
The strongest part of the track for me is the final chicane - I'm often pulling a second ahead of people by the start/finish line. Also find that people overtaking you into the left of that chicane can be repassed by a switch back in the right and up the hill.
That's actually my worst sector. At least in qualifying, I threw away my best laps there.šŸ˜œ

That's actually my worst sector. At least in qualifying, I threw away my best laps there.šŸ˜œ
Brake at the 200 sign on the right, down to 3rd, left tyre on the dirt as you come in turning left, stay in 3rd hard on gas, right tyre over the dirt as you turn right and try not to run wide coming out under the bridge šŸ‘šŸ¼ helped me cut my time down into the 1:27:xx

Last edited:
Brake at the 200 sign on the right, down to 3rd, left tyre on the dirt as you come in turning left, stay in 3rd hard on gas, right tyre over the dirt as you turn right and try not to run wide coming out under the bridge šŸ‘šŸ¼ helped me cut my time down into the 1:27:xx
Thanks a lot. I know how to do it, more or less, having found out by trial and error in qualifying. I'm just not precise enough to actually do it regularly. I haven't managed to hit it the right way to be able to stay on the gas without flipping the rear out or understeering too much to the left. But I'll keep on trying.

And they could have really made the 200 board a bit more visible...šŸ§

Love Race C with this combo. Actually love Road Atlanta.

Other then learning curve enhancements quite everywhere, I'm really struggleling with T1.

I can handle with proper racing line at 140Kmh-145kmh

I can do it with temptative racing line at 145Kmh-155Kmh

I mess it up completely over 155Kmh

The problem is, I don't have yet a regular brake point / turn approach muscle memory, therefore I'm not able to choose my cornering speed

Thanks a lot. I know how to do it, more or less, having found out by trial and error in qualifying. I'm just not precise enough to actually do it regularly.
Yeah, same thing, when I hook up a quali lap, it can be amazing, but to do it in a race lap after lap, not a chance, unlike the A+ aliens that drive like machines every single corner. My race pace varies half a second up and down, and then I get in a "fight" with someone, lose another 2 seconds etc... But, with time and practice comes the result, so be patient and just drive :)

Yes, race C is a great combo.

I finally overcame my "being-punted-to-oblivion-PTSD"šŸ˜†, thanks to @ILLEAGLE_34 and his great advice, by just racing on my second account.

It started well, qualitime 1:28:2, P2 in a low B/S lobby. Clean start, I follow P1 who is very fast, P3 is two seconds behind me, and everything seems to fall in place. This could even get a bit boring... so I decide to make a little mistake (no, of course it just happens because I start thinking about it), P3 catches up, and suddenly I'm right in the middle of some shenanigans which throw me back to P8 in lap 5. Get punted three times in the process, and people try overtakes in veeeeery dumb spots. Damn, business as usual again?
No, not this time. I manage to fight back, climb up the order and finish P3. Including some clean overtakes (and one slightly dirty lean-to-pass, a little retaliation to someone who had punted me onto the lawnšŸ˜ˆ). P1 has raced cleanly ahead, P2 is a belgian guy who had a fantastic wild race from the back, carving up the whole field after dropping back far behind everyone with a mistake in lap 1 (i watched the whole replay).
According to the aforementioned replay, I needed half the race to start getting decent lap times. The lenght of the race is a great plus, because it allows you to settle in and make up for the carnage in the first laps after everything has sorted itself out a bit. My strongest sector is T1. Don't know why, but I was faster than everybody else there, no matter if I was inside or outside (or in the middle of a three-wide situation, which happened once).

Overall, must fun combo in daily races so far (at least for me).

One question to the people who might know, before I dare to race on my main account again: Do the longer races (which means: race C) give or take more DR and SR points than the shorter ones?
In Race C the DR points are the same as any race since everyone itā€™s their points into the pot and then they are redistributed at the end of race. SR You gain Or lose points for clean or dirty for each sector. So in racy, because itā€™s longer race more sectors, you have a chance to gain more SR or lose more SR.šŸ»

One question to the people who might know, before I dare to race on my main account again: Do the longer races (which means: race C) give or take more DR and SR points than the shorter ones?
If we assume it is the same as GTS then you will have the potential to gain more SR than in a short race as you gain per clean sector. So a longer race has more sectors which means more SR to gain and loose.

zjn
Love Race C with this combo. Actually love Road Atlanta.

Other then learning curve enhancements quite everywhere, I'm really struggleling with T1.

I can handle with proper racing line at 140Kmh-145kmh

I can do it with temptative racing line at 145Kmh-155Kmh

I mess it up completely over 155Kmh

The problem is, I don't have yet a regular brake point / turn approach muscle memory, therefore I'm not able to choose my cornering speed
When I'm able to take a look, I'm usually at around 165 km/h right after the kink, and it always works out fine.
When it's near 170, I know that I'm in trouble.šŸ˜†
I approach T1 as far left as possible, dab the brakes a bit and shift down to 4th simultaneously, then turn in and coast towards the inside curbs until it feels safe to hit the throttle again. Sometimes, when it feels to quick, I lift again shortly.
Don't know what would happen if I braked in T1, because I never didšŸ¤£.

I only wish I could drive the chicane with similar consistency...šŸ˜¬

Last edited:
What I'm learning at RA is not to yield at T1, it will just ruin you as you run off the track. Race C is tons of fun. It's killed or be killed. People go for passes at the worse parts of the track. If you yield for them, you will just get eaten up by everyone behind carrying more speed and eventually get tangled up. If you don't yield, be prepared to get tangled up. Nearly qualified top 1000, won won race and the rest are P10s šŸ¤¬
Yep. Happened to me yesterday at the first blind right. Dude just came through as I was slowing down to give another guy space. Almost took me out.

ran about 100 miles today to get down to the 1:29s, but my optimal was only 1:28.8. sincerely impressed by how quickly people are running this, unfortunately i'm almost 2 full seconds from being competitive with any other A+ drivers.

been flipping around with the TCS and ASM settings quite a bit, it almost feels like ASM is a half TCS point in this car. i'm running TCS 2 (no ASM) on a logitech, and quite frankly i'm not sure how anyone could do this on a controller without that much assist at least. very fun challenge trying to get this thing squared up in the right places but i can't imagine putting 12 laps together in a race.

Last edited:
If any one can shed some light on this I'd appreciate It.
GT cup race 2 last night, I had the race of my life, driver rating went from a c to b 20 mins before the race so I was in a lobby full of driver from b up to a+ and the pressure was on, I started 9th and finished 3rd, So I was expecting around 300+ points. The race was clean withe a great battle with two nice clean racers pretty much start to finish, Yet I ended up with 69 points.
I used all 3 compound tyres, has one time penalty of 0.5 seconds, Didn't get a pit penalty, I just feel robbed and don't understand why 69 points.

Thanks in advance been a while since I've been here.

ran about 100 miles today to get down to the 1:29s, but my optimal was only 1:28.8. sincerely impressed by how quickly people are running this, unfortunately i'm almost 2 full seconds from being competitive with any other A+ drivers.

been flipping around with the TCS and ASM settings quite a bit, it almost feels like ASM is a half TCS point in this car. i'm running TCS 2 (no ASM) on a logitech, and quite frankly i'm not sure how anyone could do this on a controller without that much assist at least. very fun challenge trying to get this thing squared up in the right places but i can't imagine putting 12 laps together in a race.
Give the weak abs setting a chance. You have to be more gentle and overlap the brake and throttle a little more but it gives you better turn in/cornering/handling. I rarely use abs weak but I got my best qt on an alt account with that setting. 1:28.00?šŸ»

Three more races C on my second account (#lunchbreakracingšŸ˜†), and again lots of fun and very mixed results. The first one, starting P6, I almost threw it away by my own mistakes, but battled through a lot of stuff to finish P6 in a lobby ranging vom A+/S down to B/C (!) drivers. Then I found myself on pole in a pure B/S lobby, and after some fighting in lap 1 I drove eleven unchallenged laps for the win. And in the third one, also purely B/S, again from pole, I totally misjudged my speed in T1, and suddenly had an unplanned last-to-first challenge at hand (well, almost, I had fallen back to P12 of 14 drivers). Fought back to reach a podium final in the end, and was only missing two more laps to catch the leaders.šŸ„³

All in all, this combo absolutely rocks. I wish GT7 had some more of these cup racing cars and the according races. Hasn't there been, for example, a VW Lupo cup car in previous GT versions?

Last edited:
Because the Balance Of Performance is currently so out of balance, Gr.4 races are worst product GT has to offer, at this time. :indiff:
Well I hate to admit it but Iā€™ve join the 155 club and act had a really good clean race. Battling with P1 & P2. P2 picked up a shoutcut pen on the final lap and took home a P2.
Gr4 car are really fun to drive but the lack off verity is just boring. Hopefully one day we will get a BOP change?

Because the Balance Of Performance is currently so out of balance, Gr.4 races are worst product GT has to offer, at this time. :indiff:
How much of that, I wonder, is down to track selection in the game? For example the Alfa sucks at places like Nurburgring Nordschleif, Spa, and other larger circuits but shines at the circuits that have more opportunities for hard braking zones/acceleration zones.

Unfortunately the trend in circuit design is moving away from flowing and open circuits to ones with multiple hard braking zones for overtaking. I also think GR.4 shines in races that are long enough to require refueling. I hate fuel mileage racing and think PD seriously drops the ball with those. For example Nurburgring GP and Watkins Glen recently. You had to fuel save if you wanted to win. Stopping took too long. Why not just increase the fuel usage in those types of races to ensure a stop has to happen?

I get dailies are supposed to be easy to join and quick to run which is why so many of them are low lap counts. I'd like to see a trend towards longer races, or at least requiring strategy calls vs just "go flat out" or "fuel save to victory" I just don't think that's the direction the main player base wants to go.

I also think PD would be well served to have more "interesting" combinations, like we're getting this week with Road Atlanta and the MX-5 Cup Car.

Maybe they could do more things like that where the car is pre-selected but it's not something people are doing a lot of racing with.

If any one can shed some light on this I'd appreciate It.
GT cup race 2 last night, I had the race of my life, driver rating went from a c to b 20 mins before the race so I was in a lobby full of driver from b up to a+ and the pressure was on, I started 9th and finished 3rd, So I was expecting around 300+ points. The race was clean withe a great battle with two nice clean racers pretty much start to finish, Yet I ended up with 69 points.
I used all 3 compound tyres, has one time penalty of 0.5 seconds, Didn't get a pit penalty, I just feel robbed and don't understand why 69 points.

Thanks in advance been a while since I've been here.
The points are based on everyone in the room. Before the race, there is a "points table" tab at the bottom and it will show you how many points each place will get. I assume it is new with the newest update.

The points on offer have nothing to do with how you drive or the rules. It is strictly based on finishing position.

Last edited:
The points are based on everyone in the room. Before the race, there is a "points table" tab at the bottom and it will show you how many points each place will get. I assume it is new with the newest update.

The points on offer have nothing to do with how you drive or the rules. It is strictly based on finishing position.
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah I looked at that at the start hence why i was expecting 315 points
Yeah It's on 1.26 or whatever we're on.

Penalties on Daily C are broken.

1. Corner cut on T1 - as you can see I never cut the corner and all 4 wheels were on the track within the white lines. How on earth do I warrant a penalty here?
2. Corner cut - This time I have all 4 wheels off the track cut the corner at full speed and I donā€™t get a penalty. I mean this is clear as day and night a penalty and the 1st one isnā€™t a penalty at all.
3. Yellow Flag penalty - so 3 wide into the chicane as you can see on the timing screen Iā€™m ahead of the 2 other cars. As the Yellow is shown Iā€™m still ahead, and the silver car overtakes me and goes wide into the chicane. The red car behind then rear ends me and i then re overtake the silver car who is no where near the apex. I then get a 3 second penalty even though my car ahead going into the Yellows. Now Iā€™m open to hear people suggestions and if Iā€™m in the wrong on this then fine, but I donā€™t think I am. (I forgot to save the race replay after so this the only clip)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. I know how to do it, more or less, having found out by trial and error in qualifying. I'm just not precise enough to actually do it regularly. I haven't managed to hit it the right way to be able to stay on the gas without flipping the rear out or understeering too much to the left. But I'll keep on trying.

And they could have really made the 200 board a bit more visible...šŸ§
Thereā€™s a 200 board?! How have I missed that?!

It's hard to fathom why every other post in this thread is whining about the Alpha's being the only car in race B (which is completely false, I've ran 3 of them and there was a good mix of different cars, even a Suzuki in the last one, lol), and all the other posts praising the other two races, both of which have only 1 car to use, and 1 of them is a made up arcade car). Btw, in the 3 races I've done so far, I've driven 3 different cars which are all within .3 sec of each other in quali times.

Last edited:

1. Corner cut on T1 - as you can see I never cut the corner and all 4 wheels were on the track within the white lines. How on earth do I warrant a penalty here?
2. Corner cut - This time I have all 4 wheels off the track cut the corner at full speed and I donā€™t get a penalty. I mean this is clear as day and night a penalty and the 1st one isnā€™t a penalty at all.
3. Yellow Flag penalty - so 3 wide into the chicane as you can see on the timing screen Iā€™m ahead of the 2 other cars. As the Yellow is shown Iā€™m still ahead, and the silver car overtakes me and goes wide into the chicane. The red car behind then rear ends me and i then re overtake the silver car who is no where near the apex. I then get a 3 second penalty even though my car ahead going into the Yellows. Now Iā€™m open to hear people suggestions and if Iā€™m in the wrong on this then fine, but I donā€™t think I am. (I forgot to save the race replay after so this the only clip)

1669831405885.png

Did some testing of this the other day, cutting this yellow line before it becomes dotted gives you a penalty.

Don't know why it's like this, could be something that works the same in real life where the pit line is seen as the track limits.. or it could just be a detection bug.

Last edited:
View attachment 1212102

Did some testing of this the other day, cutting this yellow line before it becomes dotted gives you a penalty.

Don't know why it's like this, could be something that works the same in real life where the pit line is seen as the track limits.. or it could just be a detection bug.
Only reason Iā€™m out there to start with is to avoid the two cars infront. Crazy system! Makes me laugh this penalty system. So broken.

ok here goes:

#1 you crossed the solid yellow pit exit line, that's why you got the .500 penalty. Technically that's not considered racing surface in the game. IRL it totally is, at least when IMSA races there.

#2 it's entirely possible that you had a sliver of tire on the blue/yellow curb during the corner which saved you from the penalty.

#3 This one is BS for sure but the gist of it is that you did execute an overtake under caution/yellow flag, even if it was a bump assisted overtake. Unfortunately for us video game stewards aren't able to make that judgement call whereas real life you would not have had a penalty there. Also I believe the Silver car did get a penalty for passing you before you were bumped ahead of him.

Either way yeah, watch out for the pit exit line in T1 as crossing it is 100% of the time a penalty. The Dashed Yellow Line is fine, cross that all day long. The solid yellow line is a no go zone.

It's hard to fathom why every other post in this thread is whining about the Alpha's being the only car in race B (which is completely false, I've ran 3 of them and there was a good mix of different cars, even a Suzuki in the last one, lol), and all the other posts praising the other two races, both of which have only 1 car to use, and 1 of them is a made up arcade car). Btw, in the 3 races I've done so far, I've driven 3 different cars which are all within .3 sec of each other in quali times.
Alfa* ALFA Romeo.

One makes are fine by design.

One makes suck when there are actually 32 cars in the category but at most 3 are viable. It's not hard to understand.

I'm glad you've got variety in your races but in every A+ race I've done it's usually 14 Alfas and 2 WRX's.

Back