GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,856 comments
I need some help on the Atlanta track. I’m losing time in the square section at the bottom of the track and the final chicane. I don’t know how everyone is braking so late for them, and I can’t quite find the right line for them either. Any help would be much appreciated!

I was racing at RA on my alt account today as Buzzie (in the UK) and was told I messed a guys race up.
I denied it because I felt no contact even though I did see him spinning out.

If anyone knows @ Just Race on the Europe servers... after reviewing the replay, he was right.
I do apologise, I was wrong.

I need some help on the Atlanta track. I’m losing time in the square section at the bottom of the track and the final chicane. I don’t know how everyone is braking so late for them, and I can’t quite find the right line for them either. Any help would be much appreciated!
I lift just before the line across the track then tap the brake, downshift and get on the gas a little as I turn in. It stabilise the car so it doesn't slide, turn in and gas in third, then brake and downshift to second for the exit to the back straight. I upshift as the rev meter pass the recommendation for gear.

I was racing at RA on my alt account today as Buzzie (in the UK) and was told I messed a guys race up.
I denied it because I felt no contact even though I did see him spinning out.

If anyone knows @ Just Race on the Europe servers... after reviewing the replay, he was right.
I do apologise, I was wrong.
Probably lag. Saw the same thing right in front of me yesterday. Guy glitched over and he never even realized it.

Approach left, hit the brakes and shift down to third gear exactly where the strip of extra tarmac on the right edge of the road hits the edge of your screen. Swing it around coasting or with a little bit of throttle. Missing the apex doesn't hurt too much here as long as you hold it stable. Stay left on the short straight and fully hit the throttle again for a second or so. Then full on the brakes as soon as the black tire mark in the middle of the road begins. Then either second or third gear through the second right hander. I'm better in second, but of course the rear is a bit nervous. In third I tend to understeer too much.

Please send me half of the second that you'll gain by following my tips to my e-mail adress as a reward.🤣

Last edited:
For the square I hammer the brakes right at the line and trail brake in. The braking point out has no marker, i just wing it and try to be a little late so i can get a run out of it.

For the chicane i brake hard right before the line so i can cut the first corner. I have more car off the track then on.

I'm running low 1:28s but I lose time in the first esses, so if i could figure that out i'd be a high 1:27s i think.

For the square I hammer the brakes right at the line and trail brake in. The braking point out has no marker, i just wing it and try to be a little late so i can get a run out of it.

For the chicane i brake hard right before the line so i can cut the first corner. I have more car off the track then on.

I'm running low 1:28s but I lose time in the first esses, so if i could figure that out i'd be a high 1:27s i think.
For the esses I think both on the first entry on the crest and for the final left hander it helps to brake and then get on the power again quite a bit earlier than your gut feeling wants you to do. At least that worked for me. I've done most of my overtakes there after the uphill exit out of the esses. You can cut over the curbs on the left quite a bit without TLP.

zjn
Just out of curiosity.... I read here and there "I run against you", "I saw you in my lobby" , ....

Is it just random? Is it because the more you belong to an high driving rate, the small is the group you compete against?
Or there are other ways to improve the probability to meet each other?

Thanks
It is random. Though people who you know are on at the same time and around your DR can have a higher chance of matching against each other. I have met a few on here from time to time across both games, but with my B ranking it is rarer. If you are all constantly running the same race at the same time then you will likely match with them again. If I had a bad enough GTWS(FIA) event to do the following slot usually at least half the field is the same as before.

Alsace test course! 🤮 Why not the full course!?

Looks like I'm off to the Seaside next week. 🏖️

I tried them. All the cars I prefer are not competitive. I don't like the 4wd dominance.
Every single time I tried it's absolutely boring. Hard braking, early gas. No finesse, and everyone has to run the very same line to be in any way in the competition.
GTS had pretty OK BoP, good in Gr 3 and ok for tyre wear and fuel racesin gr 4, they would be balanced because the higher weight if the 4wd wore the tyres faster.
Now there's absolutely no balance.
Ì didn't play gts, so can't comment on that. I've had a few good overtakes nabbing a different line on fuji, but yes I am using the lambo which 4x4

My first daily race this week, and I was seeded pole position with a bunch of Cs:
1.jpg

The reason this is my first race is because I was setting up and tuning my new GT Omega Prime cockpit:
IMG_7348.JPG

(Had to brag). Anyway, I had really crap times, but won anyway, because, well, C's who can't stay on the track:
2.jpg

I've got to say that 4 laps is really short. I was surprised when I crossed the finish line and there wasn't another lap. I mean, a 7 minute race, even as poorly as I drove?

I was sorry to see they still haven't fixed the timer at the end of the race:
3.jpg

Does PD even care about the people who actually compete in the Daily Races? In spite of my name, I'm one of those people who try to see the positive in things, but with the fact that we get the same races over and over again, including this one being a 7 minute race, they won't or haven't fixed the timer, and as far as I know the ghosting problem still exists, it makes me wonder.

Kind of depressing, actually. I want to love this game, and the potential is there, but it's like they don't really care. As a retired software developer, I find that incomprehensible.

@Talon16 Your GT-R is finally ready. You can find it with search tag talon, or go to sturk0167 gallery.
I hope to see it in one of your race photos someday. :)
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, that's sick! Added it to both of my accounts. Next time I log in, I am using it. Next week is Gr3 at Dragon... Imma rep it there for sure! I don't know how ya'll livery makers do it. Thanks man! :cheers:

4cef6ca44d846ee3fcfc7cd52aa8d3f5_thumb_l_x2.jpg

Always a good time racing someone on this forum. You got to see the full chaos that I'm capable of on a track. And I wonder why I'm still in B rank with my skills... Even if you weren't there, I still would have had that win as I was so far ahead.
I knew when I saw you in P2 I had to wait up, especially since you had already gapped P3. You were doing fine, especially since I was pushing you (not literally for those reading). My intent was to stick as close as possible and see if I could goad you into a mistake. If I was more than a 1.0 seconds back for the next eight laps I'd be surprised! Well done.

If I could make a couple suggestions:

Through T3 you were clipping that apex nicely, but you can cut over that curb a fair amount; just don't go four tires over it and you're fine, other wise it's a .500" pen. So rather than going around it, you can dive bomb it and go a straighter path.

Through the final chicane I'd recommend braking a little earlier. A few times you went a bit deep into that left which compromises the right, thus hurting your speed all the way to T1. Brake at the white sign and you can really abuse the curb (actually going off the track) on that left, which helps line up the next right.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, that's sick! Added it to both of my accounts. Next time I log in, I am using it. Next week is Gr3 at Dragon... Imma rep it there for sure! I don't know how ya'll livery makers do it. Thanks man! :cheers:

4cef6ca44d846ee3fcfc7cd52aa8d3f5_thumb_l_x2.jpg

I knew when I saw you in P2 I had to wait up, especially since you had already gapped P3. You were doing fine, especially since I was pushing you (not literally for those reading). My intent was to stick as close as possible and see if I could goad you into a mistake. If I was more than a 1.0 seconds back for the next eight laps I'd be surprised! Well done.

If I could make a couple suggestions:

Through T3 you were clipping that apex nicely, but you can cut over that curb a fair amount; just don't go four tires over it and you're fine, other wise it's a .500" pen. So rather than going around it, you can dive bomb it and go a straighter path.

Through the final chicane I'd recommend braking a little earlier. A few times you went a bit deep into that left which compromises the right, thus hurting your speed all the way to T1. Brake at the white sign and you can really abuse the curb (actually going off the track) on that left, which helps line up the next right.
Thanks for the kind words. I hope it gets you some wins. 👍
It can be edited, in case you want to make some changes. Kick some ass, bro. :gtpflag:

Two more great races at Road Atlanta this evening. I've given up on setting a better qualifying time, I can't seem to do it.

On to race 1 that has me P7 on the grid. My start is good and I jump to P5. Once again I make a dumb mistake and go off track in turn 1 and the driver behind me passed me eventually and I fall to P6 where I finish. I was out by myself for 3/4th of the race so not much happened around me.

Race 2 has me in P7 to start and someone forgot to start the race. They ghosted out, then drove directly off into the wall. No idea what happened there. I have a fantastic battle for P4 with with another driver and we swap positions for a few laps until I'm just far behind enough where I can't effectively get in their slipstream. We managed to go side by side in the final chicane a few times and there was minimal contact. Absolutely incredible we didn't take each other out. A bit later, 2 of the leaders wreck and we find ourselves in P2 and P3. Unfortunately fore them, they bin it and I take over P2. Now I know I wasn't going to catch P1, so I just wanted to turn laps and finish strong. And then I bin it entering turn 2 and drop to P6 and finish there. My entire race pace fell apart after that, and I could of had an easy podium. Oh well, it's going to happen. Still having fun and that's a win in my book.

On one hand, it's very cool that we're seeing notably increased credit rewards for Daily Race A, and it's similarly very cool that they're basing them off of the GTWS rounds.

But on the other hand, I feel like the Lamborghini VGT that's featured atm - and likely the MP4/4 after - are just too fast for me. I'd really prefer something a bit slower in comparison, like something in Gr.1 at most. But I profoundly doubt we'll have to wait until next year's World Finals to see daily races with notably higher credit rewards.

I cannot, for the love of god, get T3 AND T5 right on the same lap. I can get one or the other, or neither. I have the chicane at the end of the lap pretty much dialed in, T1 I'm "fine" in, but the entry to 3 I either brake too much or cut the corner or go off track to the left. T5 again I'm either slow in, slow out, off track to the right, or sliding through the whole thing.

I love the car and the track and would love to see this at Watkins Glen soon but ugh, I think I'm done with dailies this week

I cannot, for the love of god, get T3 AND T5 right on the same lap. I can get one or the other, or neither. I have the chicane at the end of the lap pretty much dialed in, T1 I'm "fine" in, but the entry to 3 I either brake too much or cut the corner or go off track to the left. T5 again I'm either slow in, slow out, off track to the right, or sliding through the whole thing.

I love the car and the track and would love to see this at Watkins Glen soon but ugh, I think I'm done with dailies this week
Man it was fun racing with you and the others, those were some intense laps there for me.

Race B win in a Mopar challenge gone typical.

To say it's going wrong implies that the game allowed for it to be right, I have attempted 7 races and all have had at least some sort of glitch, dirty driving with no consequences, and or me getting harmed through no fault of my own. Things going wrong now is typical.

Had some rough races through the week at race C. Qt of 28.4 had me starting mid pack, and i was still trying to really get the track figured out. Was still a ton of fun, just not great results. Actually had some really great racing at the back with a few different people.

Finally watched a top replay yesterday, and i didn't think i took much away from it other than revving the piss out of the car. Got a new qt of 27.9 without trying to hard though, so who knows. I was even on pace for probably a 27.5 ish but kept throwing my laps out the window (wife kept asking me real life questions lol)

Really looking forward to some races there after work today, and through the weekend

EDIT: MP4/4. I'll try it but I have a baaaaad feeling about this.

EDIT2: nah it goes too fast, I mess a few corners and there's no power steering allowed. Pass.

(I see now that Interlagos and previous race changes mid-week were all planned)

Still. I hope that after next week they go back to the usual formula for Race A: production cars with tuning allowed.
Changing track 2-3 times per week should stay though.

Last edited:
Back