GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,709 comments
Bah! If you're an A+, then challenge yourself! Be competitive in a different car, to prove just how skilled you really are. ;)
While I’m sure that was written slightly tongue-in-cheek, keep in mind that that A+ goes from 50,000 to 100,000 while all DRs below fit inside 0 - 50,000. The skill spectrum from low A+ to high is quite the step upwards. ;)

Anyway, for me in daily A this week it took to race #20 for me to lose the CRB for the first time. 19 in a row with that Lambo on Monza with such an unpredictable bunch of drivers. Pretty proud of that even though I’m taking it really coolio.

ok here goes:

#1 you crossed the solid yellow pit exit line, that's why you got the .500 penalty. Technically that's not considered racing surface in the game. IRL it totally is, at least when IMSA races there.

#2 it's entirely possible that you had a sliver of tire on the blue/yellow curb during the corner which saved you from the penalty.

#3 This one is BS for sure but the gist of it is that you did execute an overtake under caution/yellow flag, even if it was a bump assisted overtake. Unfortunately for us video game stewards aren't able to make that judgement call whereas real life you would not have had a penalty there. Also I believe the Silver car did get a penalty for passing you before you were bumped ahead of him.

Either way yeah, watch out for the pit exit line in T1 as crossing it is 100% of the time a penalty. The Dashed Yellow Line is fine, cross that all day long. The solid yellow line is a no go zone.
1 - That is a BS penalty really. Like you say in real life they wouldn’t be pulling up cars for shortcutting. I can only assume PD have draw the boundary lines wrong maybe? Anyway will defo be careful going out there again.

2 - Yeah could be a tiny bit of tyre on the road. Mainly used that just to kinda show off the first pen.

3 - After watching it a few times yes technically I did overtake the silver car in the corner under yellows, but it’s just annoying as I was just ahead before all the yellow flag stuff happened. As for the silver car they didn’t get a penalty. Was just me out of the 3 cars. Annoying but oh well, move on the next race.

Bah! If you're an A+, then challenge yourself! Be competitive in a different car, to prove just how skilled you really are. ;)
That's what the alt accounts are for! Once you reach a certain point in A+, there is very little time left on the table that comes from the way you drive.

There does come a point where the deficit of a car outweighs the deficit of skill, if a car is losing me 0.2s a lap - that's meaningless below A but when the margins are tighter, it can be the difference between 1st and last in qualifying, and worth a few seconds in a race (a lot when it's a sprint).

Not that it matters much to me anyway! I'm all up in Race C this week. Those types of cars are my bread and butter.

It's hard to fathom why every other post in this thread is whining about the Alpha's being the only car in race B (which is completely false, I've ran 3 of them and there was a good mix of different cars, even a Suzuki in the last one, lol), and all the other posts praising the other two races, both of which have only 1 car to use, and 1 of them is a made up arcade car). Btw, in the 3 races I've done so far, I've driven 3 different cars which are all within .3 sec of each other in quali times.
It’s Alfa! But good to hear that other more modern Gr4 cars are competitive (as they would be irl).

More fun at Road Atlanta this evening. I haven't improved my qualifying time so I'll work on that tomorrow. I'm still top half of the grid on starts, but that extra little bit would help tremendously.

On to the races then. Race 1, I'm in a room with @Talon16 and we exchange pleasantries. I'm P4 on the grid and after lap 1 we create a huge gap between us and the rest of the field. They are way out in front of me, but I manage to catch up and pass for the lead after they mysteriously slow down and lose pace for some reason.

loop perfect loops GIF

Anyway, I hold on to take the win and hold off Talon after I make some wild saves to keep it on track. We manage to get a 14 second gap to P3. Clean race bonus as well so that was cool to get.

Gran Turismo® 7_20221130194617.jpg

Race 2 has me P6 on the grid and everyone survived turn 1 but I do get shoved aside going in to turn 2 I just concede the spots. And I gain them right back after making a pass in the double right hand turn and I see a bunch of cars get sideways in my radar so I have a decent gap back to P5. But more small mistakes that add up like an off track penalty and going deep on some turns makes me lose 2 spots to finish P7 in the end. I'm still happy with the result, but it could have been better. The leaders and myself manage to put a driver a lap down. They later do donuts on the straight going to the chicane on the final lap which was a distraction to say the least.

Still having fun so far with the only real semi dirty move from where the driver shoved me aside to make a pass. I did figure out how to do the final chicane, but I need to work on getting it correct every time I go through there. I did see a livery modeled after the Daytona USA arcade game and that put a big smile on my face. Still need to clean up my lines going forward, but I'm fine with my performance so far this week.

Penalties on Daily C are broken.

1. Corner cut on T1 - as you can see I never cut the corner and all 4 wheels were on the track within the white lines. How on earth do I warrant a penalty here?
2. Corner cut - This time I have all 4 wheels off the track cut the corner at full speed and I don’t get a penalty. I mean this is clear as day and night a penalty and the 1st one isn’t a penalty at all.
3. Yellow Flag penalty - so 3 wide into the chicane as you can see on the timing screen I’m ahead of the 2 other cars. As the Yellow is shown I’m still ahead, and the silver car overtakes me and goes wide into the chicane. The red car behind then rear ends me and i then re overtake the silver car who is no where near the apex. I then get a 3 second penalty even though my car ahead going into the Yellows. Now I’m open to hear people suggestions and if I’m in the wrong on this then fine, but I don’t think I am. (I forgot to save the race replay after so this the only clip)

Most of the time you can pass under yellow in GTS and GT7. I’ve never understood why they don’t enforce this rule save in rare cases like this.

Because it's in the shadows. Very hard to see unless you're really looking for it.

There’s a 200 board?! How have I missed that?!
In Quali this is the only availabe braking point. It is sticked to the fence. In race exactly at the 200mt there is also an advertising sign on the ground

When I'm able to take a look, I'm usually at around 165 km/h right after the kink, and it always works out fine.
When it's near 170, I know that I'm in trouble.😆
I approach T1 as far left as possible, dab the brakes a bit and shift down to 4th simultaneously, then turn in and coast towards the inside curbs until it feels safe to hit the throttle again. Sometimes, when it feels to quick, I lift again shortly.
Don't know what would happen if I braked in T1, because I never did🤣.

I only wish I could drive the chicane with similar consistency...😬
Much better now. 160 is still my limit, but at least I'm more consistently there.
Thanks

Yesterday I had 2 Race C. They were quite funny.

Most of the people were quicker than me, but some of them were also too aggressive in the overtakes or too error prone. Few of them were slower.

I approched the race thinking about avoiding troubles and stay safe. Never tried a savage move, and more focused on the racing line to overtake on the straights.
I'm happy to see that my skill of following people without being distracted too much by the close actions is improving . The ceiling is still very far, but it's a bit closer now. :)

In race 1 I spent couple of laps overtaking and being overtook by a spanish guy. He was overall faster then me, but for some reason he was not able in that bit of race to run away.

We had very clean actions quite everywhere, including the S. That made my day

On to the races then. Race 1, I'm in a room with @Talon16 and we exchange pleasantries. I'm P4 on the grid and after lap 1 we create a huge gap between us and the rest of the field. They are way out in front of me, but I manage to catch up and pass for the lead after they mysteriously slow down and lose pace for some reason.

Anyway, I hold on to take the win and hold off Talon after I make some wild saves to keep it on track. We manage to get a 14 second gap to P3. Clean race bonus as well so that was cool to get.
Yea, not sure what happened there... I think my car had an ignition issue and wouldn't accelerate for like eight seconds but then magically started working again. :lol: Driving around alone for 20 mins is boring; thanks for keeping it interesting. :cheers:

So I signed up for one of the Manu races last night at the last second, not really caring since there is no DR/SR to be had or lost. I haven't raced in the rain in months, but wanted the credits. This was on the 2 account as the 1 account I'd likely be a liability. Couldn't decide between Chevy and Jag but ended up signing with Chevy and got in a few laps of wet practice before quali. Wasn't having my best runs and qualified P6. By the end of lap one, I was P9 due to being a little apprehensive in the wet laps. But, by the time the checkers dropped I finished P2. All the racing was very clean as well. That was pretty fun and will likely be doing another if I can find the time on Saturday.

dc8ead02b92627882975724229863c60_photo.webp

So I decided to hop on last night and have a bash at a couple of dailies, and the Gr.4 at Fuji took my fancy. I opted for the Atenza, having had good experiences with it there in the past (the past being GT Sport!). I didn't have a lot of time for a Q lap, only just managing a low 1:46 flat, so I was dropped in at 14th of 16 for my first run, the two guys behind me both having MUCH slower Q times (1:50 and 1:52).

And then the race began. What a mess!! It's very clear I need to do more daily races if I want to be any good at them! So much side-by-side bashing and T-boned an Alfa and a WRX by mistake, misjudging the turning point... After an epic start, overtaking 3 cars around the outside of the first turn, and climbing to 8th on the first half of the lap I was smacked with 5s penalty (for the altercation with the WRX) and found myself 18s adrift of 1st, in 15th at the end of the first lap! From there though, I calmed my nerves down and cleaned up my driving substantially, keeping the remainder of the race almost completely clean. Eventually I settled for 13th and reset my head.

I had enough time for a few Q laps between races, so got my time down to a low 1:45.2 (I think) which put me in 5th on the grid for my next race. Again, the first turn was good to me and I was up to 4th straight away, having some good tussles with a Monster-liveried 155 as well as a standard-looking one. At the end of lap 3, I was sitting in 3rd and that 155 must have consumed too much Monster, running way deep and giving me an open door for 2nd place. I held on and took the silver, about 6s behind the guy in 1st who never set a foot wrong...

Fun times! If only they had increased the payout for Race B like they have for Race A... But I might have to have another few races tonight, because it was fun!

Last edited:
While I’m sure that was written slightly tongue-in-cheek, keep in mind that that A+ goes from 50,000 to 100,000 while all DRs below fit inside 0 - 50,000. The skill spectrum from low A+ to high is quite the step upwards. ;)
Yes, it was slightly tongue-in-cheek, and I appreciate you taking it in the spirit it was intended. With that said, I honestly had no idea about the A+ spectrum! Thanks for the education, and the new awe I hold for true "aliens" - it's more than just an A+.
That's what the alt accounts are for!
I was thinking the same thing.
Once you reach a certain point in A+, there is very little time left on the table that comes from the way you drive.

There does come a point where the deficit of a car outweighs the deficit of skill, if a car is losing me 0.2s a lap - that's meaningless below A but when the margins are tighter, it can be the difference between 1st and last in qualifying, and worth a few seconds in a race (a lot when it's a sprint).
Yeah, after I posted that, I got to thinking that was probably the case. As a low B, my race lap times (incidents notwithstanding) can vary by a second or more sometimes. It got me to thinking about how good people can really get in the game. I'll get better, but that kind of precision is awful hard to imagine.

Just out of curiosity.... I read here and there "I run against you", "I saw you in my lobby" , ....

Is it just random? Is it because the more you belong to an high driving rate, the small is the group you compete against?
Or there are other ways to improve the probability to meet each other?

Thanks

Had a pretty epic Race C yesterday. In a B lobby I went from 15th (last) to 2nd in the first lap without making a real pass...
That is the most chaos I have ever seen; carnage everywhere. :lol:
I had that happen in a race b a week or two ago. It was hysterical. I just stayed out of the carnage, and slid into P2 at the last turn when P2 & 3 knocked each other around.

Just had a race with @bone_tone (I was incognito on my son's account) when I was about to pass on the finish line he unghosted and I drove off not to hit him.
Wasn't his fault, I just didn't want to make my self look bad.....
You should have said hello! Very rare that I get to race anyone from this forum.

That must have been the race where I got rammed off going up the hill by the guy who didn't like me overtaking him for P1 - he only got to P1 by ramming off it's previous occupant!

Some rough driving this afternoon (not from you though!) - bit of frustration creeping in as more people are starting to get to grips with the car/track combination, and passes are harder to come by!

I set a QT yesterday and it puts me in the middle of the fray where everyone is driving as if the track was empty.
I noticed your name as the race started so didn't get to say hi. Typed after race but you where gone.
I passed you because you either spun at the exit of the chicane or got pushed, when I came up behind you where ghosted going down towards the finish line.
Well, I jumped on my main to see if we could meet again but you had left.
So took another on my alt. So 3 different races on 3 different accounts :)

Last edited:
They really just released Road Atlanta and forgot about it - it has 3 events in singleplayer, was used for 1 daily, and now it's gone! I was very surprised they didn't utilise it for GTWS.

It would be nice if A or B was here instead. It would be neat to tackle it in different cars because the Mazda TC to start was an unorthodox approach (compared to what people are used to). A GT3 sprint round there for Race B would be different enough from this weeks C to keep it fresh.

Oh well, we always have the week after.

Last edited:
The lambo is competitive against the alfa gang, I been doing ok in that last couple of days

Nooooo... Least favourite track with the Gr 3 and then one of my favourite tracks but with the Lost Cause Gr 4™......

From a wonderful week to a.meh....
I thought I didn't like gr4, I've found it's quite good on the dailies when I've used them

Yea, not sure what happened there... I think my car had an ignition issue and wouldn't accelerate for like eight seconds but then magically started working again. :lol: Driving around alone for 20 mins is boring; thanks for keeping it interesting. :cheers:
Always a good time racing someone on this forum. You got to see the full chaos that I'm capable of on a track. And I wonder why I'm still in B rank with my skills... Even if you weren't there, I still would have had that win as I was so far ahead.

zjn
Just out of curiosity.... I read here and there "I run against you", "I saw you in my lobby" , ....

Is it just random? Is it because the more you belong to an high driving rate, the small is the group you compete against?
Or there are other ways to improve the probability to meet each other?

Thanks
Totally random. I usually get matched with the B rank members here as that's where I've been stuck at forever. Most of everyone has their PSN name listed somewhere, so just keep an eye out.

I thought I didn't like gr4, I've found it's quite good on the dailies when I've used them
I tried them. All the cars I prefer are not competitive. I don't like the 4wd dominance.
Every single time I tried it's absolutely boring. Hard braking, early gas. No finesse, and everyone has to run the very same line to be in any way in the competition.
GTS had pretty OK BoP, good in Gr 3 and ok for tyre wear and fuel racesin gr 4, they would be balanced because the higher weight if the 4wd wore the tyres faster.
Now there's absolutely no balance.

Back