GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,856 comments
Woah woah woah, they changed Race A...Interlagos! Was it because of the 1st corner madness on Monza?
It was planned as part of the world tour "celebrations", race A has rotated between 3 that the eSports kids had last week starting with the Gr3 race at Deep Forest last week which replaced the Chaparral.

EDIT: MP4/4
I'll try it but I have a baaaaad feeling about it.
I have a bad feeling too, on the time trial at Suzuka people were driving in whacky ways to be quick, doing double upshifts under acceleration, etc that would kill the enjoyment for me. I can see after a day there being no competition, there will be one A+ farming wins then the rest of the lobby being spread low DR half a minute behind.

Still, I like the idea of at least one race changing midweek, it would be nice as a permanent feature.

Woah woah woah, they changed Race A...Interlagos! Was it because of the 1st corner madness on Monza?
I had no time to check the specific car or limitations (I'm doing Race B right now) but I hope it's not another VGT race.

EDIT: MP4/4
I'll try it but I have a baaaaad feeling about this.

EDIT2: nah it goes too fast, I mess a few corners and there's no power steering allowed. Pass.

Is it really hard to leave Race A for a wide choice of production cars with tuning allowed???
No, it was always the intent to change race A half way thorough the week... at least this week.

At least
-they removed a lot of penalties for pointless small contacts, since the last dragon trail race
-they removed the mechanical damage for simply touching the walls
-it's not the reverse layout (different approach for the chicane)
But
-right now pushing someone into the wall gives the victim a penalty, not the perpetrator (that will be great in the CoD...😬)
-they still haven't installed a half-decent penalty system
-they reverted to normal after one week with a super interesting combo

I need to not care...
I finally had some time this week for some DRs, I focused on the B-race. I have run a dozen or so races in the past 2 days.

I have been murdered at least once in every race.

I lost DR rating by racing this week - going from B/S to C/A. So the lobbies became even more murdery.

I am seriously considering giving up entirely on GT7, moving on to ACC or iRacing.

GT7 is just too accessible. It is far too easy for a gamer to stop murdering in Battlefield 2042, switch to GT7, and participate in murdery activities on track.

But
-right now pushing someone into the wall gives the victim a penalty, not the perpetrator (that will be great in the CoD...😬)
-they still haven't installed a half-decent penalty system
-they reverted to normal after one week with a super interesting combo
Absolutely. I remember that last week I was in the middle of a pack of 5-6 cars, I got hit really hard from behind, and as a result of a domino effect I hit the car in front of me, which hit the other car in front of him.

I was the one given a 2 seconds penalty. Nobody else. You can imagine the frustration.

You may have been too busy trying to avoid me yesterday to spot the GT Planet decals on my car 😆

I usually run a minimalist livery on my cars - just a plain colour with GTP stickers front and rear.

I missed that. I run the one on top here, with the Swedish flag, they all 3 have a "GTPlanet Forums" sticker on the rear.
184d2d31e6f86-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_427454210771120_1669743010824.jpg

I was the one given a 2 seconds penalty. Nobody else. You can imagine the frustration.
I don't mind losing the time in crashes like that as much as what the car in the gravel thinks about you, they've just been punted and see you driving off with a penalty and you know they're thinking you're the dirty bugger who put them there.

Dear Santa, For Christmas I would like a clean daily race! not much to ask for or is it? I am in group BS and seriously losing my **** I am on the verge on getting into the A group and constantly getting taken out by BS and AS idiots..... It would be nice if in the game you could add names of drivers to a block list that prevented you from entering a race where those people are.

Dear Santa, For Christmas I would like a clean daily race! not much to ask for or is it? I am in group BS and seriously losing my **** I am on the verge on getting into the A group and constantly getting taken out by BS and AS idiots..... It would be nice if in the game you could add names of drivers to a block list that prevented you from entering a race where those people are.
Dear Traydaloor.
Would you like a unicorn instead?
Santa.

I’ve been travelingg all week and just trying to run some Race Cs, only to have warmup completely glitch and then the race fail to load for 7 minutes. When we eventually raced, it only lasted 1 lap except for 1 car, which seems to have started in time and is running a full race.

Seriously PD, wtf is wrong with you?

Last edited:
I hate literally everything about this
Race B is too short/boring and Race C is going to be 100% Alfa spam with a handful of WRX thrown in to show "diversity"
PD need to balance Gr.4. I haven't even bothered to race any of the Gr.4 races except for the first time.

I liked Dragon Trail at 10-12 laps with pit/refuel. What a drop off from RA Race C this week.

What was up with Monza yesterday?? My first race I hit absolutely no one, never cut corners, and it said I was about to be disqualified for getting too much penalty time. Screw that, I just quit that race.
Every race I ran folks were going off of turn 6 and 7. I caught on during qualifying, got hit there a time or two during races (no hard feelings, stuff happens) then saw one dude come sailing past me, spin twice in the gravel, and get a 10 second penalty!
Cars were ghosting quite a bit too. I came into turn 1 a tad too fast and the dude in front of me ghosted but slid off of 2. If he hadn't been ghosted I would have hit him. I'm not sure I didn't anyway. He got the penalty. I hung out behind him til he served it. I hate penalties, yeah, but that one was mine...give it back!

PD need to balance Gr.4. I haven't even bothered to race any of the Gr.4 races except for the first time.

I liked Dragon Trail at 10-12 laps with pit/refuel. What a drop off from RA Race C this week.
absolutely yes. I like the concept of 4 dailies:

1 - Tuner Race with a PP target and street cars/street tires

2 - bonkers sprint style race (say 5 laps tops) with insane cars and a super high payout

3 - Some selection from GR4/GR3/GR2/GR1 at a "classic motor racing circuit". say 10 laps, have to change tires, have to refuel

4 - One-Make race literally anywhere, ensure no need to fuel save but can have refueling/tire changes if you want to

I think this gives the player base enough variety and enough different challenges that not only are they not going to step on each others toes but you might even grow the sport side of the player base.

Now if only they could do something about drivers that force you off circuit into the walls and you get the penalty :D

Sometimes you can just tell your race is gonna suck! It wasn't because I was starting from the back, it was because I saw that only 3 players (myself included) had an SR rating of S. Almost everyone was a C and a couple of B's thrown in the mix...

PD should create a Z-rating as this was absolute garbage "racing" and most went unpunished! So sad after such a great release for 25th Anniversary 🤐 Sport Mode needs work!

What was up with Monza yesterday?? My first race I hit absolutely no one, never cut corners, and it said I was about to be disqualified for getting too much penalty time. Screw that, I just quit that race.
Every race I ran folks were going off of turn 6 and 7. I caught on during qualifying, got hit there a time or two during races (no hard feelings, stuff happens) then saw one dude come sailing past me, spin twice in the gravel, and get a 10 second penalty!
Cars were ghosting quite a bit too. I came into turn 1 a tad too fast and the dude in front of me ghosted but slid off of 2. If he hadn't been ghosted I would have hit him. I'm not sure I didn't anyway. He got the penalty. I hung out behind him til he served it. I hate penalties, yeah, but that one was mine...give it back!
I think that notice is bugged honestly. If you crash and it takes you a long time to rejoin it'll show up to, and once I was curious so I let it countdown but nothing happened.

Sometimes you can just tell your race is gonna suck! It wasn't because I was starting from the back, it was because I saw that only 3 players (myself included) had an SR rating of S. Almost everyone was a C and a couple of B's thrown in the mix...

PD should create a Z-rating as this was absolute garbage "racing" and most went unpunished! So sad after such a great release for 25th Anniversary 🤐 Sport Mode needs work!

Race B, a typical day at the office.

As we all know, they had a working penalty system in place, half a year ago or so. Wasn't perfect, a bit harsh, but kept at least a good percentage of drivers from doing that kind of BS. People who complained about it obviously weren't aware of the consequences. But it's really time now for PD to stop their strange behavioural science experiment.

Last edited:
Race B, a typical day at the office.

They had a working penalty system in place, half a year ago or so. Wasn't perfect, a bit harsh, but kept at least a good percentage of drivers from doing that kind of BS. People who complained about it obviously weren't aware of the consequences. But it's really time now for PD to stop their strange behavioural science experiment.
Couldn't agree with you more!! Did you also get some lovely drivers in your lobby?

Couldn't agree with you more!! Did you also get some lovely drivers in your lobby?
Well, it happens a lot. It's the reason that I don't race much anymore on my main account. I just can't stand losing my DR, but even more so my SR, which I had built up by grinding clean races behind the pack, in a matter of three or four races. Happened to me twice, won't have it again.

Has anyone received a Clean Race bonus in race B today? I ran a couple of races that I didn't think I had any contact in, yet no CR. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and there was contact, but if so, it was barely a whisper. Just seems strange.

Has anyone received a Clean Race bonus in race B today? I ran a couple of races that I didn't think I had any contact in, yet no CR. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and there was contact, but if so, it was barely a whisper. Just seems strange.
Yes in 3-4 consecutive B races, just a couple of hours ago.

Need to stay within track limits for CRB. Could that be it?

Need to stay within track limits for CRB. Could that be it?
I think so. Did one race B from the back, remarkably clean by everyone, no contacts at all, but no CRB. I had once left the track by one or two pixels.
Well, I can guarantee I didn't do that, so maybe you guys are right.

Have either of you noticed that (most) everyone doesn't know how to drive this track very well? Or maybe it's just the B/C level drivers. I mean, this last race I started out third, finished third, and my times were abysmal. I totally sucked. Yet nobody (Bs and Cs) caught me. It's hard to be proud of a P3 when you drive like crap.

Back