GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,710 comments
Thanks for posting that. I need a different car, because the Alfa and the WRX are way overused. Unfortunately I won't be racing for a while, because I have to assemble this GT Omega Prime cockpit that just got delivered. It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it. :lol:

View attachment 1211638
hey, what hardware are you using to play? (wheel base, wheel, pedals) I'm looking to go from controller to rig and I'm lost AF. I assumed another old head could give me some guidance :D

EDIT: I was shocked when Race C was a standing start and got myself a penalty right off the green lol. Managed to pull myself to 5th through attrition and some nifty passes.

Decided to do actual qualifying. I'm currently at a 1:29:5xx or so, I know I can get into the 1:28:9xx for sure as my last flying lap before qualifying ended was up .600 on my best time with only 10A/B and the downhill right to the line.

Second race was a hoot. Started 4th, was 4th running into the esses. Left the esses and T5 in 11th... Got punted, punted someone else, spun. Good times. T5 is 100% my nemesis. Either I'm slow or I'm getting a time penalty for going off track wide on exit. When I nail it I'm fast though.

I can probably squeeze another .500 out of my absolute best if I swap to manual instead of automatic as this car really reacts well to gear changes for rotation and slowing down. Kinda waiting to learn manual with a wheel instead of mangling my hands on a controller.

Either way Road Atlanta/MX-5 Cup is my new favorite daily combination, it's fast, flowing, frenetic, and fun!

Last edited:
I'm having a blast on race b with the McLaren, it turns better than the WRX and Alfa in the slow section's, back to back top 3 finishes...
I had to try it...... but I can't get that car to make a good lap. Not sure why, but mid :44's are the best I can do with it. The Alfa for me is almost a second quicker, my qali is a 1:43.6 with :43.1 opt. Haven't tried a race yet, would like to be a little quicker before I jump in.

I had to try it...... but I can't get that car to make a good lap. Not sure why, but mid :44's are the best I can do with it. The Alfa for me is almost a second quicker, my qali is a 1:43.6 with :43.1 opt. Haven't tried a race yet, would like to be a little quicker before I jump in.
Yeah I had the McLaren going good but of course now I can't get it to hook up good and I'm also in the 44s, but jumped to a 43 in the Alfa then I switched back to the McLaren, started p2....and I won lol

Race C is beyond frustrating! My record is 1: 28.01

It has taken me 500 attempts and I still can't get a 1:27!! Drivers who got into the 6s! WTF! The S bend is a nightmare unless you are precise on trail braking 😤

Even though it was just some practice laps, I am having a great time slinging the Roaster around Road Atlanta. Still some minor troubles where I stated in a previous post in entering turn 2 through the esses. That double right hand turn before the long run to the chicane is also giving me some problems. More practice will hopefully solve those issues. I'm currently sitting at a 1:28.9XX and I know I have a few more tenths in me. No matter my qualifying time, I'm jumping head first into some races as I can't wait to turn some laps here. I also need to tidy up my livery as I tried to make it look somewhat realistic.

No I mean once you receive the prize in your gift box how long do you have to receive the gift??
ohhhhhh! if it's anything like roulette tickets it's a month. Nobody knows yet b/c the first gifts aren't given till 30 November, and the Ferrari isn't till December something or other

Even though it was just some practice laps, I am having a great time slinging the Roaster around Road Atlanta. Still some minor troubles where I stated in a previous post in entering turn 2 through the esses. That double right hand turn before the long run to the chicane is also giving me some problems. More practice will hopefully solve those issues. I'm currently sitting at a 1:28.9XX and I know I have a few more tenths in me. No matter my qualifying time, I'm jumping head first into some races as I can't wait to turn some laps here. I also need to tidy up my livery as I tried to make it look somewhat realistic.
I got my first Road Atlanta win today from Pole. Had a low 1:29 for my time, beat 2nd into the esses and cruised from there. My main trouble spots are the braking zone into T3 and T5. I think in that race I had a .500 penalty on over half the laps. It's incredibly hard to get the braking right and still be fast. Eventually I started just braking more than I thought I should and taking those corners between 75-80 mph instead of trying to carry 80+. It worked alright. I know I can be faster but oof it's a tricky section

Last edited:
Man, was having a great Race C and slammed into the 2nd place car at the end of the initial set of S turns on Lap 3. Not really sure if it was my fault or not but I feel like he braked super early. Maybe not. Felt bad either way and got a 4 second penalty to boot.

Feel like it was my fault but also feel like he panic braked. What should I have done here? Maybe I was focused too much on him and carrying too much speed?

Last edited:
also also whomever invented that horrible Lamborghini they're using at Monza this week should be punished by only being allowed to drive a Reliant Robin for the rest of their lives. It's an absolute missile down the straights but handles approximately like a dump truck and brakes like stopping was an afterthought.

amazingly fun, once.

Man, was having a great Race C and slammed into the 2nd place car at the end of the initial set of S turns on Lap 3. Not really sure if it was my fault or not but I feel like he braked super early. Maybe not. Felt bad either way and got a 4 second penalty to boot.

Feel like it was my fault but also feel like he panic braked. What should I have done here? Maybe I was focused too much on him and carrying too much speed?

What I've been doing in situations like that is just riding the brakes a bit or lifting going up the hill. I know the guy in front of me is going to brake, probably sooner than I want him to, so I let him do that and then try to get a better run out of the corner than they do. Usually it doesn't work but also usually I don't hit them.

Last edited:

You looked like you were gaining on him the whole way through the esses, I've not run any races yet, but based on my quali time lap(1:27.9) braking points he braked very early, although there may be the fuel making a difference from quali braking points....

You looked like you were gaining on him the whole way through the esses, I've not run any races yet, but based on my quali time lap(1:27.9) braking points he braked very early, although there may be the fuel making a difference from quali braking points....
I felt this too. I know where my brake points are and how I like to fish the car around that turn. I've watched it quite a few times and felt like if I hadn't slammed into him he would've come to a screeching halt there or something. I just need to be more careful there either way.

Race B is fun, getting 1:46 in the porsche, but then hit a time of 1:44:4x with the wrx.

The porsche gt4 car is very stable all around, with the wrx, you just need to make sure you brake in a straight line, otherwise it spins out or understeers a lot under braking. Couldnt do trail braking properly with the wrx, but other than that its easy enough to throw around the track.

Yeah, Race C is definitely amazing :D I absolutely love this track, it's become my go-to track for car testing. Did a couple of qualy laps last night, I think 1:28.1 was the time, started from P5, it was an amazing race, very close racing, lots of overtakes, I made couple of small errors during the race but so did others, I managed to finish P4 in the end, not an epic result but still, this was probably the most fun I had at any daily race, clean racers around me (low A / S currently) so yeah, it's a great combo for sure.

Feel like it was my fault but also feel like he panic braked. What should I have done here? Maybe I was focused too much on him and carrying too much speedIt s

It seems he braked a bit early, but you had so much speed in the slipstream and because of that it also seems to me that you brake late.
I think that even if he braked a few meters ahead, you wouldnt avoid contact.

Tried qualifying for C and as expected, I don't have the pace. It is JOLLY good fun though, the Mazda is perfect and makes one want to go buy a real one and fang it around a track. I am on a 30.1, optimal 29.2, i keep making mistakes though, especially the last corner exiting the chicane.

Tried qualifying for C and as expected, I don't have the pace. It is JOLLY good fun though, the Mazda is perfect and makes one want to go buy a real one and fang it around a track. I am on a 30.1, optimal 29.2, i keep making mistakes though, especially the last corner exiting the chicane.
A lot of time is to be won - and lost - in the final chicane, especially the exit. I had laps with an intermediate time almost half a second faster than in my overall best... only to lose more than that half second right there. But it's a quite entertaining challenge.

You must brake at the exact point before the chicane, if you brake to soon, you lose time, if you brake too late, you compromise the entrance into the chicane, possibly losing the rear end a bit and then you fight the car to not spin on the chicane exit, therefore losing 3-4 tenths for sure.

I bet mid week races on C are going to be a blast after everyone's learned the track a bit. 12 laps go by in the blink of an eye for me on RA. Never stops being entertaining. The esses are good fun but not the outright suicide mission that Panorama is. Maybe we can get an all Cayman event soon...?

thinking about logging in to do Race C, but a couple questions-

is there any pit / fuel strategy involved? or is it just 12 laps with normal cars (what a shocking concept)

second- from some reading i've noticed that running the quali laps after 20-30 minutes elapsing creates the optimal time. is it really that profound of a difference?

Am I the only one enjoying Race A?

Don't get me wrong, today's probably the last day I'll be doing it...but Turn 1 aside, the car is quite the challenge to tame and Monza's the perfect playground.

Besides, those drivers who are careless at the start inevitably crash themselves out later in the race and the car is fast enough that recovering your position doesn't often take long.

is there any pit / fuel strategy involved? or is it just 12 laps with normal cars (what a shocking concept)

second- from some reading i've noticed that running the quali laps after 20-30 minutes elapsing creates the optimal time. is it really that profound of a difference?
there's very minimal fuel consumption but no need to pit

No strat, just go.

Hard to quantify... it really depends on the driver. It is a new combo (on both sides of the coin) so it may take that long to get used to the car and track.

Last edited:

12 laps, flat out, no fuel no tires. The race is a standing grid start, not rolling, so be aware of that. I was caught off guard the first time and jumped the start, which gives you about a 2 second slow down penalty that you have to serve before you can set off.

Am I the only one enjoying Race A?

Don't get me wrong, today's probably the last day I'll be doing it...but Turn 1 aside, the car is quite the challenge to tame and Monza's the perfect playground.

Besides, those drivers who are careless at the start inevitably crash themselves out later in the race and the car is fast enough that recovering your position doesn't often take long.
I'm liking it as well and enjoying the extra credits. Doesn't take much to earn back the cost of the car (1M). Planning to do quite a lot of these races. Only started with a few yesterday, 5/5 with CRB so far. :)

Latest Posts

Back