GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,390 comments
I totally understand, and I agree! But unless I wake up tomorrow suddenly understanding the track, I'm gonna stop bashing my head against the wall. I'm not sure what else to do this week, because I'm addicted to my Race B fix, and everything else is just plain boring to me. Honestly, it's kind of depressing.

I may actually have to start work on some of my honey-do list items. And if that doesn't tell you how much I hate this, then nothing will. And I'm being 100% serious!
oh wow yeah that's a level of loathing for sure!

I'm all aboard for Road Atlanta this week and I'm doing so in the WRX for today. I set a qualifying time of 1:26.1XX so far and I know I can find more time eventually. I did some rare for me Monday night racing as I know the track and car well enough to have some confidence on the track. Unfortunately, like the Buffalo Bills game yesterday, it was a mostly sloppy day for me. Everyone else in the lobbies didn't help and I kept making mistakes that cost me positions all night.

Race 1 has me in P7 to start where I expected to start. The race is going well with other drivers going off track and causing general chaos I manage to avoid it. until a driver makes a terrible rejoin and I get into the back of them as they decide to pull right in front of me. 3 second penalty to me for something I couldn't avoid. Later in the race, another driver rejoins the track and gets into the side of me and I almost lose it, but hang on. Yay... I then get stuck behind a slow driver and make an ill-advised pass in the beginning of the esses, but It needed to get done as I was losing so much time. I fight my way back to P9 so not all was lost.

Race 2 has me in P5 and the mistakes I mentioned pile up and I'm falling behind. A driver has a run on me in the inside going into turn 1 so I leave some space. But I touch the grass, lose control, and slam head first into a wall and get a stupid 1.5 second penalty and I'm on tilt the rest of the race. I finish P14 for that one. Just ugh at this point.

So, I decide to go again and start P6 for this race. A much better time in this one with some actual clean racing and minimal mistakes from me. I went deep a few times in the final chicane, but nothing to kill my pace too much. Clean race bonus as well. I felt a bit better after that result.

I think this is a good race so far, I've just been unlucky in my races. I might also be trying to drive like I'm still in the Roadster like last time I raced here and slinging the car into the corners. I'm also open to car suggestions for this race. I will try the GT-R tomorrow and the Mustang and whatever else is you all think will work with this combo.

Clearly I missed a memo

View attachment 1223377

It's like a Minions GP out there at Monza.
Me in every race A this week :lol:

YOu guys need to try Race C, after lap 1 it should settle down nicely and hit apex after apex after apex to do well. Takes immense discipline does NGP.
Agreed, race A is very good this week. I did two races tonight and both were clean and fun. its a great combination :cheers:

I'm all aboard for Road Atlanta this week and I'm doing so in the WRX for today. I set a qualifying time of 1:26.1XX so far and I know I can find more time eventually. I did some rare for me Monday night racing as I know the track and car well enough to have some confidence on the track. Unfortunately, like the Buffalo Bills game yesterday, it was a mostly sloppy day for me. Everyone else in the lobbies didn't help and I kept making mistakes that cost me positions all night.

Race 1 has me in P7 to start where I expected to start. The race is going well with other drivers going off track and causing general chaos I manage to avoid it. until a driver makes a terrible rejoin and I get into the back of them as they decide to pull right in front of me. 3 second penalty to me for something I couldn't avoid. Later in the race, another driver rejoins the track and gets into the side of me and I almost lose it, but hang on. Yay... I then get stuck behind a slow driver and make an ill-advised pass in the beginning of the esses, but It needed to get done as I was losing so much time. I fight my way back to P9 so not all was lost.

Race 2 has me in P5 and the mistakes I mentioned pile up and I'm falling behind. A driver has a run on me in the inside going into turn 1 so I leave some space. But I touch the grass, lose control, and slam head first into a wall and get a stupid 1.5 second penalty and I'm on tilt the rest of the race. I finish P14 for that one. Just ugh at this point.

So, I decide to go again and start P6 for this race. A much better time in this one with some actual clean racing and minimal mistakes from me. I went deep a few times in the final chicane, but nothing to kill my pace too much. Clean race bonus as well. I felt a bit better after that result.

I think this is a good race so far, I've just been unlucky in my races. I might also be trying to drive like I'm still in the Roadster like last time I raced here and slinging the car into the corners. I'm also open to car suggestions for this race. I will try the GT-R tomorrow and the Mustang and whatever else is you all think will work with this combo.
I do kinda find that the WRX makes speed in T1/2/3 by slinging it through the corners. On turn in to T1 I'm basically slideways with the nose of the car pointing more towards the pit lane exit than further up the track but then it hooks up and starts to actually turn instead of slide, and a good entry/exit for T3 is basically sliding it across the curb and then booting the throttle while upshifting to maintain position on the track. The rest of the corners you're right, it's less sliding and more arcs

Has anyone tried the 650S in Race C? I am thinking it should be pretty nice but slowish.

My qualify times were humbling today. NGP was one of my fastest tracks in GT Sport but it seems to be one of my slowest in GT7. The RX7 is certainly fun to slide around, too.

try the RCZ & dont use any gears below 3rd.. ;)

ugh I cannot seem to find more speed in the WRX at Road Atlanta. I've gotten T10A/10B dialed in nicely. T6 I think I'm carrying max speed into and out of, at least I can't go faster there without wrecking. T7 (the last turn before the straight) drives me insane though. Sometimes I'm really fast and sometimes I'm not. Finding consistency there is hard.

Where I'm really struggling is being consistently fast through T1/2/3. When I nail it I almost always mess up T5 and get a penalty. More practice laps when I'm not tired I guess. Stupid work getting in the way of racing all day lol

Has anyone tried the 650S in Race C? I am thinking it should be pretty nice but slowish.

My qualify times were humbling today. NGP was one of my fastest tracks in GT Sport but it seems to be one of my slowest in GT7. The RX7 is certainly fun to slide around, too.
Scroll up for my thoughts on the cars. 650 felt awesome but the stop watch says no.

Its definitely Z4 or 911 for me, no contest. I can do mid 55s In qualy with them both. Did two races with the Z4, won one from pole in a weaker room and finished 4th to A+ drivers in the other so fundamental pace is there. It's NGP, APEXES, APEXES, APEXES.

Last edited:
Ran a race B yesterday in my pick for the next Manu. It was surprisingly fun except for 2 incidents. This is the first one, a Martini liveried Alfa loosing control or something.
[Video]

The second one was on me. I didn't make a clip, but I was right behind a WRX going on to the back straight. Behind me was another WRX, inches from my bumper. I tapped the one ahead by mistake and when he started sliding I lifted slightly, then got tapped from behi6and spun him fully.
I waited on the next lap so he could pass me .

But this is an example of what I was talking about the other day, people not expecting anyone to drive different than they do in the WRX/Alfa
In the 2 races I did there where 3 RWD in each.
Several of them quit.

Hopelessly off the pace as ever at NGP. A shame as I enjoy the variety of vehicles being used.

Don't like the WRX for race B and can't compete, but I can just about keep up with Alfas and Nissans in the Genesis. Find it easier to drive, can stay on track and make up some places as people crash out through the esses.

P1s at Monza is hilarious fun - after turn 1. I'm not even bothering with a qualification lap, will just cruise at the back and pick my way through the carnage.

Reality keeps getting in the way of fantasy, so on-line racing isn't going to happen for a while, at least not with any sort of regularity for me. Too bad, I love Atlanta and NBG.

Made up a new livery for the Genesis X Gr3. Idea is based on Valve's Portal game. Let me know if you want to look awesome as you watch the metas slip away (and I can swap the number for you).

Remember, it is better to LOOK fast than Be fast.

2023011706085557-7174667689321243801--XL.jpg

2023011706085557-8236018356533824579--XL.jpg

2023011706085557--5001772943828387594-XL.jpg

@Leon Kowalski In the game, could you please share your Atlanta QT lap in the Alfa? I think you can do it in Showcase, if nowhere else. I found one on the leaderboards early on and recorded it, but its replay is no longer available and I want to look a it from several angles.

@hollowkatt I hadn't realized Leon's time is in the Alfa, and that has reinvigorated me to try some more.

I got a track limit penalty somewhere in the first set of turns, and I can't figure out where it came from. Which of those turns are the ones to be careful about track limits? You can use this map for turn numbers.
You can always cast your sights elsewhere ;)

There's a fair few more of us here willing to bite at a bit of qualifying competition. More fun than the actual racing sometimes!
That's actually not a bad idea. Running QTs at Monza, even if it is in the P1, might be fun. Thanks for the idea!
But I touch the grass, lose control
I absolutely hate when that happens!!!
Stupid work getting in the way of racing all day
Thank God I'm retired. Which is something for you guys to consider the next time I'm competitive in QTs - I have all day, every day, to run QTs. I mean, obviously I take breaks and spend some time doing stuff with the wife. But especially right now, with some physical issues I have going on that make it difficult to move around a lot, I get to spend A LOT of time in the game. So if my time beats yours, consider the amount of time I have to work on it.

It won't stop me from bragging, of course, but I felt like complete transparency was necessary here, and doing it now when I suck is better that admitting it when I'm leading. :cheers:

DRS = Drag Reduction System. You can open up the rear wing on the straights, thus reducing down force and increasing straight line speed.
How do you open up the rear wing? I've never been able to figure it out. Thanks!

Last edited:
So far I have no idea how to do that, but I'll try.
Go into Showcase, and click "My Items". If you've saved your "best lap replay", it'll show up there. Then just select it and share it. If you don't want to keep it public, I'll let you know when I'm done with it so you can un-share it. Thanks!

So far I have no idea how to do that, but I'll try.
When you have run your time go to Replay, choose save fastest lap, then share it

"GrumpyOldMan"
Which of those turns are the ones to be careful about track limits?
The pit line before it gets dotted is one thing. The turn right just over the crest is another. If you run over the paved area outside of the curb with your inner wheel.

Last edited:
When you have run your time go to Replay, choose save fastest lap, then share it
Right - I had forgotten that option was available - thanks! But if you've saved it and didn't share it then, fortunately you can still save it through Showcase. (I'm sure you know that - I just wanted to be thorough for anyone else reading this.)

The pit line before it gets dotted is one thing. The turn right just over the crest is another. If you run over the paved area outside of the curb with your inner wheel.
I'm saving mine, sharing it but it doesn't come up at global ranking leaderboard. I'm at 243th place if you want to see the replay. I can't see mine at the board

Last edited:
I'm saving mine, sharing it but it doesn't come up at global ranking leaderboard. I'm at 243th place if you want to see the replay. I can't see mine the board
Yeah, I don't see it on the leaderboard either, but I see in Showcase, so you definitely shared it. And thanks for sharing it, but I want an Alfa replay. I can't handle that WRX to save my life. Although, that might change once (or if) I learn the track comfortably in the Alfa...

Back