GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,390 comments
Reality keeps getting in the way of fantasy, so on-line racing isn't going to happen for a while, at least not with any sort of regularity for me. Too bad, I love Atlanta and NBG.

Made up a new livery for the Genesis X Gr3. Idea is based on Valve's Portal game. Let me know if you want to look awesome as you watch the metas slip away (and I can swap the number for you).

Remember, it is better to LOOK fast than Be fast.

2023011706085557-7174667689321243801--XL.jpg

2023011706085557-8236018356533824579--XL.jpg

2023011706085557--5001772943828387594-XL.jpg
Love the Genesis X. Such a sleeper of a Gr.3 car, one of my favourites! Great livery you've made for it! The asymmetry completely threw me at first and I thought you were showing two different liveries...

Speaking of looking good in the Genesis X, I was stoked to see the livery I shared for mine at the top of my leaderboards in my friends ranking last week, a good 3s faster than anything I was capable of!

dd41f0bab026e56c9a44f319842250a1_photo.webp

C
Hopelessly off the pace as ever at NGP. A shame as I enjoy the variety of vehicles being used.
Turn on the racing line, follow it religiously. It is not perfect but it is pretty good. There's only one corner you attack, the entry to the Schumacher esses, otherwise it is slow in, rotate, rotate, rotate........ hammer it out. Do not slide on entry, it saps time. Of all the tracks in the game it rewards taking the correct line, absolutely hugging the apexes. If you drift wide the clock hates you.

I'm saving mine, sharing it but it doesn't come up at global ranking leaderboard. I'm at 243th place if you want to see the replay. I can't see mine at the board
No, the global leaderboard only shows those faster than a certain number. The rest of us needs to share in showcase.
If everyone here on GTP tag the replay with GTP and the week number it's easy to find.
Like this week would be tagged with gtp3, next week gtp4 etc etc. If everyone then puts the time in the title when sharing you can seek by the tag and pick by the title

Edit: name it like this: WRX 1:25.7 tagging it gtp3 or ALFA 1:25.7 tag gtp3

Last edited:
If everyone here on GTP tag the replay with GTP and the week number it's easy to find.
Like this week would be tagged with gtp3, next week gtp4 etc etc. If everyone then puts the time in the title when sharing you can seek by the tag and pick by the title
Yes please! I wonder if we might want to add something to indicate which race, so perhaps a tag like "gtp3b" or whatever.

Most of us will never approach Alien times, but if your time is respectable for your DR, then it could possibly help someone else, especially if you're using a non-standard car. I wonder what we can do to promote this idea further?

Yes please! I wonder if we might want to add something to indicate which race, so perhaps a tag like "gtp3b" or whatever.

Most of us will never approach Alien times, but if your time is respectable for your DR, then it could possibly help someone else, especially if you're using a non-standard car. I wonder what we can do to promote this idea further?
Maybe another tag on DR.

And maybe we can get @Famine to write a news notice that people from GTP has started doing this.

Most of you are faster than me, but i am completely on board with this idea. I love having a ghost to chase that i might actually catch, not just one that drives off into the distance.

Probably useless but i actually Saved thebreplay for the 25.9 i did in the moostang yesterday. Gonna try the alfa and wrx today and/or tomorrow.

Haven't raced yet, not sure i will this week tbh. Sounds pretty rough out there

Last edited:
Hopelessly off the pace as ever at NGP. A shame as I enjoy the variety of vehicles being used.
Same here. Really struggling with the BOP. The GTR understeers bad for me and the 911 rear brake bias is ridiculous...can they please give us brake bias control back like in GTS...

If we all do this there is a chance we can get the snowball rolling
I agree. Too bad this isn't last week - my time was pretty decent, using a non-standard car. This week, nobody will want to see my QT. At least not yet. (How's that for delusional positive thinking?)

No, the global leaderboard only shows those faster than a certain number. The rest of us needs to share in showcase.

We could have an A+ lap, and A, B, C, D. You could get the same person to do all the laps times. As he progressively gets drunker, he'll work through the alphabet. 🍺

Same here. Really struggling with the BOP. The GTR understeers bad for me and the 911 rear brake bias is ridiculous...can they please give us brake bias control back like in GTS...
I agree with the need for BB, it really hurts some cars more than others. The McLaren is the easiest to drive but try the Z4 it turns in quite well and absolutely launches out of corners. I am doing mid 55's in qualy, 55.4 best so far.

@hollowkatt I hadn't realized Leon's time is in the Alfa, and that has reinvigorated me to try some more.

I got a track limit penalty somewhere in the first set of turns, and I can't figure out where it came from. Which of those turns are the ones to be careful about track limits? You can use this map for turn numbers.

Thank God I'm retired. Which is something for you guys to consider the next time I'm competitive in QTs - I have all day, every day, to run QTs. I mean, obviously I take breaks and spend some time doing stuff with the wife. But especially right now, with some physical issues I have going on that make it difficult to move around a lot, I get to spend A LOT of time in the game. So if my time beats yours, consider the amount of time I have to work on it.

It won't stop me from bragging, of course, but I felt like complete transparency was necessary here, and doing it now when I suck is better that admitting it when I'm leading. :cheers:
LOL That makes sense to me, more time dedicated = better results (generally speaking).
Track Limits concerns are, for me, T3 and T5. I sometimes get popped for a violation exiting T11 to start my qualifying lap but during battle almost never.

If you got popped during the early part of the lap that's almost always where it's going to be.

I get to spend A LOT of time in the game. So if my time beats yours, consider the amount of time I have to work on it
Do you stream, or have you considered it?
Seems like it's just one step further from what you're doing. Plus you would have a whole catalog of your driving history!

LOL That makes sense to me, more time dedicated = better results (generally speaking).
Track Limits concerns are, for me, T3 and T5. I sometimes get popped for a violation exiting T11 to start my qualifying lap but during battle almost never.

If you got popped during the early part of the lap that's almost always where it's going to be.
Thanks about the track limits. I knocked more than a second off of last night's QT, and I finally feel like I have the feel of the track. Now I just have to fine-tune. Fingers crossed.
Do you stream, or have you considered it?
Seems like it's just one step further from what you're doing. Plus you would have a whole catalog of your driving history!
I can't talk and do something at the same time. If I try to, the talk is pathetical stumbling, and the doing is pathetically bad. I know this because I have a YouTube channel called The Newbie Woodworker with 137k subscribers, and yes, I'm bragging (I haven't posted a video recently, though), and anytime I tried to just wing it and talk to the camera, even without actually doing anything, I suck. Big time. (I can read a script on a teleprompter - but even that takes a lot of takes - and obviously wouldn't work with streaming.

So no, streaming is out of the question for me. Trust me on this. But thanks!

Race C is the one for me this week, anyone have an idea as to the best strategy? It seems mixed, some start on hards and pit end of lap 3 for mediums, others start on mediums and take them to lap 8 then pitting for hards. It seems the guys starting further back went hards-mediums and those at the front wen medium-hards, so down to starting position maybe.

I have also just recently scraped into A/S, and man am I struggling. I wasn't the fastest B driver and was usually starting 2nd row-mid grid so now I've been bumped up to A I am well and truly slow. I sometimes manage to tag along at the start but that's it, everyone pulls away and most of my races are very lonely plodding around at the back, maybe picking up a straggler or two.
Not sure what to do about it, I don't see myself getting much faster, I have pounded quali on Nurburg but can't seem to break into the low1:55s or 1:54s so will almost always be doomed to the back of the grid. The races I had as a B were so much more competitive for me and a lot more fun, plus large part of me doesn't want to properly sweat it out to get faster in A category, I would need to find another 0.5 seconds per lap to have a chance.
I may have to intentionally downgrade myself back into B it seems!

After discovering this feature yesterday AM, I will be now sharing my ghost for people to use. Only DR B but might help someone somewhere.

As for tagging the videos with GTP that’s a great idea, I’ll make sure to tag mine with GTP & GTPlanet 👍🏻

Maybe could start a new thread that is “Daily Time Trial Ghosts”? Doesn’t clutter this thread but also helps people find the right info required?

Race C is the one for me this week, anyone have an idea as to the best strategy? It seems mixed, some start on hards and pit end of lap 3 for mediums, others start on mediums and take them to lap 8 then pitting for hards. It seems the guys starting further back went hards-mediums and those at the front wen medium-hards, so down to starting position maybe.

I have also just recently scraped into A/S, and man am I struggling. I wasn't the fastest B driver and was usually starting 2nd row-mid grid so now I've been bumped up to A I am well and truly slow. I sometimes manage to tag along at the start but that's it, everyone pulls away and most of my races are very lonely plodding around at the back, maybe picking up a straggler or two.
Not sure what to do about it, I don't see myself getting much faster, I have pounded quali on Nurburg but can't seem to break into the low1:55s or 1:54s so will almost always be doomed to the back of the grid. The races I had as a B were so much more competitive for me and a lot more fun, plus large part of me doesn't want to properly sweat it out to get faster in A category, I would need to find another 0.5 seconds per lap to have a chance.
I may have to intentionally downgrade myself back into B it seems!
Yeah top 5 start on medium, otherwise Hard. 3 laps hard is what I found the best. In my second race yesterday I was doing mid to high 56's in race and that was enough to keep up with A drivers and just slip behind the A+ drivers.

One trap is the out lap. You suddenly have cold, hard rubber and it is very easy to mess up. Surprised you need a low 55 to be competitive, i am on a 55.4 and that has me in the mix so to speak, maybe I been lucky as only 2 races. From B to A is a HUGE step up though because you often also get paired with the A+ guys so suddenly the big units are swinging about.

Anyone else on a controller experience something like this? Happened a few times yesterday and I think there’s a minor issue with the left stick, sometimes in the menu I catch the cursor veering slowly towards the left.

After discovering this feature yesterday AM, I will be now sharing my ghost for people to use. Only DR B but might help someone somewhere.

As for tagging the videos with GTP that’s a great idea, I’ll make sure to tag mine with GTP & GTPlanet 👍🏻

Maybe could start a new thread that is “Daily Time Trial Ghosts”? Doesn’t clutter this thread but also helps people find the right info required?
I can start tagging my replays but I don't know how to get them from GT7 to a place where I can post them in a thread. Or do you mean using the Playstation sharing functionality?

for Road Atlanta, race B, I would advise the Mustang if you want a good non-AWD car and have some fun fighting a horde of META's.
I got a 1.25.615 in qualifying with it, which i think is not bad for a driver of my level. Later this week I might gonna try to improve it with the META WRX though....

1673989068069.png

Just did that. I hope you find it useful. It's tagged according to @RacingGrandpa 's proposal, sort of.
Thanks - I got it, and it will definitely help. Thanks! I'll keep you posted, once I've had a chance to really focus on it.

The only downside with the tagging system is remembering which week number this is.

I can start tagging my replays but I don't know how to get them from GT7 to a place where I can post them in a thread. Or do you mean using the Playstation sharing functionality?
When you upload to the showcase on GT7 you can add 3 tags at the bottom, I guess you just stick a gtp tag in there and maybe just post on here saying you’ve uploaded a ghost for Daily x? That all you can really.

——————

Anyone been having some really random lobbies this week?
Jumped in the Daily C at 4.30pm (UK time) so lobbies are bit mixed around that time anyway, but you do start to get some really fast people join too.

Anyway in my 1st lobby it was all B rank with 60% S and the rest mixed SR. Some how I qualified pole by over 1.5 seconds, to P2 which seem a bit odd. Started on mediums as I was pole, and 1st lap I had built a gap to just under 1.5 seconds. Lap 6 it was 10 seconds lead then the round off pits stops happened to which I see they were all on mediums. As I enter the pits on lap 9 this gap is now up to 45 seconds and i end up winning the race by just under 30 seconds.

Race 2 next slot same thing happened again. I’m pole but this time the gap is 1 second between myself and P2 and I go on to win that race by 18 seconds.

Race 3 again similar sort thing again but this I had 1 DR A driver in the lobby who was quicker than me, but the gap between myself and P3 was still a big gap. Race finished 2nd but again still had a large gap between myself and the cars behind.

Is they a DR bug?

Thanks - I got it, and it will definitely help. Thanks! I'll keep you posted, once I've had a chance to really focus on it.

The only downside with the tagging system is remembering which week number this is.
If you're interested in a WRX ghost (I hope you're not 😆), I shared one, too. Because:

I just spent half an evening running Q laps with the WRX. Man, do I hate how that thing drives. I promise that I actually had zero fun. Not at all. Nada.
But sometimes I'm a bit stubborn. I just wanted to find out if it is really faster than the Alfa. Well, it is. 1:24:6. And I literally wasted two laps in the final chicane (my nemesis), when I had been four or five tenths faster than in my previous best at the intermediate check points. Go figure.

But I won't use the WRX in a race. I find it too unpredictable to be trusted for six consecutive laps. Read: I'm not consistent enough for a whole race without major mistakes. At least when I try to really go quick. And, as said before, I don't find it fun to drive.

Last edited:
for Road Atlanta, race B, I would advise the Mustang if you want a good non-AWD car and have some fun fighting a horde of META's.
I got a 1.25.615 in qualifying with it, which i think is not bad for a driver of my level. Later this week I might gonna try to improve it with the META WRX though....

View attachment 1223606
I use the SLR and are at 1:27.019, level low B, sometimes C.
Will try the Stang

he only downside with the tagging system is remembering which week number this is.
Just type "week number now" in Google

1673994312062.png

Well, I'm giving up on this track this week, for my primary account. I'm switching to my second account, and we'll see how that goes. It might not be today, because I've got some other things to do.

If you want to friend me, my second account's PSN is "Dagware1", racing name "SloMo".

If you want a 4wd for Daily B, try the Lambo. Drives and handles so much better the others plus it’s way more fun to drive too.

Race B this week is a bit weird. I haven’t done a lot of FP laps, so I have a Q time of 1:25.081 in the WRX. I don’t feel like I have a lot more time left to find.

In lobbies I am starting between 6th and 11th with that time. BUT I’m finishing on the podium with fastest lap almost every race. It’s like every entrant has done one unicorn qualy lap but cannot remotely replicate it in the race. I can’t think of any other circuit where this is so stark.

Mostly I’m enjoying carving my way through the field, but eventually I might need to find a unicorn of my own.

Back