GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,063 comments
I've found that the Gr.3 cars now need TCS 2 with the X button accelerator.
THat's the least of my problems. The understeer is absolutely incredible. I tried the wheel and it's not so bad but on controller, d-pad anyways, the understeer. It's unusable. I am lifting and coasting through the kink at seaside (normal), I am lifing through the esses for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

Totally joyless. Hate it, absolutely hate it.

Ran some Race C time trials at lunch. On a wheel, no assists except ABS default or weak...dont remember...

Ran the 911, Supra, M6, Jag and RCZ. Only had time for a couple laps in each, but I think all of the cars are much more predictable and stable then they were. They are definitely tuned more to understeer, but something like that is always going to be personal preference and not make everyone happy.

They are definitely all slower then they were. The 911 is what I have been racing this week, and I spent the most time today with the 911, and I was still over 2 seconds off (36.7 vs 39.004). The best I managed was a 38.7 in the RCZ after only two laps.

One big improvement for me, is that it appears they moved all the cars from a rear to a front brake bias. I hated how unstable they were under braking in the last version.

I also think snap oversteer is improved, but I probably need more lap and not on soft tires before i bless that off.

I would say the nightmare stories sound like a controller issue. I have no idea what you controller guys are using for assists, but maybe it has something to do with what they did there. Maybe you just need to turn them up "higher"??? No idea.

My conclusion after 40 minutes of hot lapping those five Group 3 cars is that this is an improvement for me.

It is interesting that the Gr.4 Lambo lost 58 kg of weight, while gaining 12 hp, and had a net loss of PP.
Thats Weird GIF by MOODMAN

THat's the least of my problems. The understeer is absolutely incredible. I tried the wheel and it's not so bad but on controller, d-pad anyways, the understeer. It's unusable. I am lifting and coasting through the kink at seaside (normal), I am lifing through the esses for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

Totally joyless. Hate it, absolutely hate it.
I've had races where I could tell the car in front was on controller and appeared to brake, accelerate and corner faster than me in what seemed unnatural ways. Perhaps this is leveling up the controller to wheel users?

I'd kill tobuse someone else's wheel. I turn, nothing, turn a bit more, nothing, turn a bit more....too much steering. Inhave zero and I mean ZERO idea what the front endbis doing. Had same issue before the update, I just cannot gel with my wheel at all.

I think that was their goal. By reducing the level of intrusion with the TC they made it more likely that people will use it on a low setting (just like in real life).
In the release notes somewhere I read that what was TCS 1 is now more like TCS 3 and that there are two more subtle versions above that. I think this is great as there have been many a time when I wanted TCS over TCS 0 but still though TCS1 was too intrusive (driving that horrible Mustang in the last Time Trial was one example).

I think that was their goal. By reducing the level of intrusion with the TC they made it more likely that people will use it on a low setting (just like in real life).
yeah for sure. GT3 series world wide use ABS and Traction Control. Obvs their setups are a bit more complex than the game allows but they are running with both assists at all times. They can dial down or up how much TC they want (within a range) as well as ABS (stronger or weaker) but if it's good enough for the professionals (and AMs I guess) then it's good enough for us.

I haven't jumped on to download the update yet but might give that a shot this weekend, tonight I've got other plans. will probably mess around with the TC levels to see where I'm most comfortable.

Ran some Race C time trials at lunch. On a wheel, no assists except ABS default or weak...dont remember...

Ran the 911, Supra, M6, Jag and RCZ. Only had time for a couple laps in each, but I think all of the cars are much more predictable and stable then they were. They are definitely tuned more to understeer, but something like that is always going to be personal preference and not make everyone happy.

They are definitely all slower then they were. The 911 is what I have been racing this week, and I spent the most time today with the 911, and I was still over 2 seconds off (36.7 vs 39.004). The best I managed was a 38.7 in the RCZ after only two laps.

One big improvement for me, is that it appears they moved all the cars from a rear to a front brake bias. I hated how unstable they were under braking in the last version.

I also think snap oversteer is improved, but I probably need more lap and not on soft tires before i bless that off.

I would say the nightmare stories sound like a controller issue. I have no idea what you controller guys are using for assists, but maybe it has something to do with what they did there. Maybe you just need to turn them up "higher"??? No idea.

My conclusion after 40 minutes of hot lapping those five Group 3 cars is that this is an improvement for me.
I can confirm that snap oversteer is fixed pretty much. Huracan GT3 and 458 GT3, racing hards. The worst corner, aka Deep forest hairpin in reverse. You let of the throttle hard and turn, which would have been death yesterday. Nope, the car just turns like it should, no drama. I noticed you can't get as early on the throttle anymore though in RWD cars, or if you go early, you have to be less on the throttle than before this update.

To the controller and wheel users struggling, you could try and increase the sensitivity settings and see if it helps some. Since you get more understeer now, that is probably the way you need to go.

Last edited:
In the release notes somewhere I read that what was TCS 1 is now more like TCS 3 and that there are two more subtle versions above that. I think this is great as there have been many a time when I wanted TCS over TCS 0 but still though TCS1 was too intrusive (driving that horrible Mustang in the last Time Trial was one example).
I think last summer I made a post about how I wanted them to make a TC 0,5. Now I've stopped using TC at all, and this is what they do now...🥳

Yeah i think I am out guys. I can't do this. Undriveable for me.

Love the community here but this is unplayable for me.
Take a break and a breather. We'll see you in a week. You know you'll come crawling back. The need to compete is too much. Face it you will be assimilated into the new normal. Resistance is futile!

Last edited:
It is interesting that the Gr.4 Lambo lost 58 kg of weight, while gaining 12 hp, and had a net loss of PP.
Thats Weird GIF by MOODMAN
PP calculation changed as well, so it getting more power and weight would give it more PP in the old calculations, but not overall in the new one.

Ref physics; I agree they seem really rough on gamepad. I used to be a pad user (still am with road cars) so I gave both a test on the new physics and the understeer is absolutely ridiculous on controller. It's quite bad on wheel depending on the car, but on controller I felt like I was fighting for my life to get the car to turn in.

Gr.3 on wheel feels sublime now though. They've done a fab job there.

PP calculation changed as well, so it getting more power and weight would give it more PP in the old calculations, but not overall in the new one.

Ref physics; I agree they seem really rough on gamepad. I used to be a pad user (still am with road cars) so I gave both a test on the new physics and the understeer is absolutely ridiculous on controller. It's quite bad on wheel depending on the car, but on controller I felt like I was fighting for my life to get the car to turn in.

Gr.3 on wheel feels sublime now though. They've done a fab job there.
I guess so.
I saw in the @Mistah_MCA update video that you can now add a lot more power to you cars in the Sardegna money grind race, while staying below 800 pp.

Yes and that makes the Championship 800pp more fun too, although 750K/48 min or so is not that great I guess.
yeah it's bad for grinding money compared to the top races but if you're looking for something completely different than taking a car around Sardegna yet again it's a fun option. Nice way to spend an hour of your time and you get to experience some circuits you might otherwise not revisit.

The reign of the TT in GR4 seems to have been a shortlived one. A few races tonight and it was 458s, Silvias and Vantages at the front.

Times in my B lobbies are pretty much back to what they were pre-update, a 1:30 around Brands would put you front half of the grid like before.

Ahhhhhhh!!! I'm so disappointed 😣😢

First race with new physics and somehow started P5 at Dragon Trail.

** Disclaimer ** I cheated a bit - turned on ASM for the race as I felt I'm still not able to consistently control the car over 10 laps, especially on the medium tires...

First stint was nuts, overtaking, avoiding, small mistakes from new physics, avoiding/ controlling push-to-pass attempts from behind...

End of lap 5 I decided to do the opposite of what the 2 in front would do as they were not worried about contact.. They pitted, I stayed for an extra lap and came in lap 6 for softs.

I'm in P5 lap 9 and right before sector 3 ends, guy in front (was on his rear bumper for a while, waiting for him to make a mistake or give me an opportunity to pass) loses the car, rides the grass and loses control, collecting me in the process 😢

Massive damage and facing the wrong way, I resume the race and final lap down in P14 😭 Finish the race in P11 instead of P4 🤐

Last edited:
The reign of the TT in GR4 seems to have been a shortlived one. A few races tonight and it was 458s, Silvias and Vantages at the front.

Times in my B lobbies are pretty much back to what they were pre-update, a 1:30 around Brands would put you front half of the grid like before.
That's interesting to note, as in the top split lobbies we're all about a second slower than where we used to be.

Anyone else having full game crashes when exciting the normal qualifying? The pre race qualification, the stand alone from race entry menu. I've had it twice out of about ten times...

I'm a bit torn about the new physics and controller feedback.

Driving the brick in the TT felt very good. Great feedback on the controller, the different vibrations let me feel exactly what the car is doing.

Other cars, not so much. I took my trusted '98 Evo to Nurb GP short, and I felt almost no track feedback at all. Then I did qualifying laps with a handful of Gr4 cars in Brands Hatch. Swift, Scirocco, TT, Alfa, G70, Cayman, 4C, Supra. Didn't like it at all. Most cars felt like pushing a block of clay around. Couldn't get a vibe with any of it. Feels like I've forgotten how to drive Gr4 cars...
The FF cars are dead again. It was nice as long as it lasted... The Swift was so much fun to throw it around, finally competitive at least on one circuit, and it liked to get treated roughly. Well, not anymore. It's an uninspiring, unresponsive mess now. Same goes for the Scirocco.
The 4WD cars seem to stay less than competitive, as expected.
In the end I achieved a 1:30:5 with almost each of them. Only the Supra was a tenth faster, but also drives like a bus. All in all, nothing to write home about.

Hopefully I'll get used to it soon. But at the moment I feel like PD has overcooked it a bit. Maybe Gr3 is better, I will test it the coming weekend.

The Lambo is a joy to drive around DT-R. Seriously... try it. It was super stable through the whole lap, specifically the CoD and that downhill back-and-forth bit. Only spot that gave me any issues was that last chicane; get your tires on the wrong side of the curb and it's trouble... but such is the case with other cars, too.

I have no idea what all the fuss is about. I love seeing all the different cars that can be competitive at Brands Hatch now. It's no longer a one- or two-car show. And I managed a QT close to the same as I had before. Sure, it's kind of like learning how to drive again, but so what? Weren't we complaining with being bored with the daily races? This should shake things up.

Some caveats:
  • I'm only racing Brands Hatch right now. I'd hate to see what the chicken of death is like now.
  • I'm on a wheel and pedals, not a controller.
  • I've done exactly two races today and got creamed in both of them.
  • I'm also definitely a rabble-rouser. I love saying stupid **** and watching people lose their minds. I wonder how many people will respond to my above comments without reading this bullet point. Can't wait! [insert evil laugh here]
in the immortal words of the dark souls community "You have Got Gud"
LOL, not a chance! There has to be a better explanation. Pure dumb luck comes to mind...

Such a wide range of cars are amazing to drive in Gr.4 now. The old favourites may be dead but man, I've had absolutely incredible races (and wins!) in the Supra, the Aston Martin, the FERRARI!!!, the NSX and even the Citroen GT.

It's great to see. GT3 and GT4 cars feel fantastic with what we have now. You'd not see this a day ago.
187351f68b648-screenshotUrl.jpg

Such a wide range of cars are amazing to drive in Gr.4 now. The old favourites may be dead but man, I've had absolutely incredible races (and wins!) in the Supra, the Aston Martin, the FERRARI!!!, the NSX and even the Citroen GT.

It's great to see. GT3 and GT4 cars feel fantastic with what we have now. You'd not see this a day ago.
I couldn't agree more!

The new physics update is kicking my butt as I'm having some major problems with the Gr.4 Mustang. All of a sudden there is a ridiculous amount of oversteer. The rear of the car just wants to kick out of every corner at Brands Hatch. Where as yesterday I had no problems. I struggled to even get to a 1:30.9XX. Obviously more practice will help getting used to the new physics for the cars and I'll need to adapt my driving style again.

187351f68b648-screenshotUrl.jpg
On one hand, I really like that kind of variety (although I'm mourning the untimely death of my beloved Scirocco😆). On the other hand, I'm way over a second slower with any car now than before with the Swift, and all the Gr4 cars feel so unresponsive on my controller.
Maybe I'll have to tinker with the controller settings (although I've got sensitivity rather high already). Or I just have to relearn. Which I'll do, hopefully.

Last edited:
I'm a bit torn about the new physics and controller feedback.

Driving the brick in the TT felt very good. Great feedback on the controller, the different vibrations let me feel exactly what the car is doing.

Other cars, not so much. I took my trusted '98 Evo to Nurb GP short, and I felt almost no track feedback at all. Then I did qualifying laps with a handful of Gr4 cars in Brands Hatch. Swift, Scirocco, TT, Alfa, G70, Cayman, 4C, Supra. Didn't like it at all. Most cars felt like pushing a block of clay around. Couldn't get a vibe with any of it. Feels like I've forgotten how to drive Gr4 cars...
The FF cars are dead again. It was nice as long as it lasted... The Swift was so much fun to throw it around, finally competitive at least on one circuit, and it liked to get treated roughly. Well, not anymore. It's an uninspiring, unresponsive mess now. Same goes for the Scirocco.
The 4WD cars seem to stay less than competitive, as expected.
In the end I achieved a 1:30:5 with almost each of them. Only the Supra was a tenth faster, but also drives like a bus. All in all, nothing to write home about.

Hopefully I'll get used to it soon. But at the moment I feel like PD has overcooked it a bit. Maybe Gr3 is better, I will test it the coming weekend.
Yeah, talked with a couple of my friends who play GT7 on a controller, seems like you lot got hurt the most, they didn't like these changes. I like these changes (Logitech G29 user), but tbh I would have been fine with just the MR snap oversteer being fixed 🤔

I guess the more rough and responsive throttle is kinda something I didn't know I wanted. Tougher yea, but more realistic, irl you can't just mash the throttle whenever, especially with no tcs and plenty of horsepower. But again that plays in wheel users hands, since you can control how the throttle is applied much better than on controller. And also on controller you absolutely should use R2 and L2 instead of X and square, especially now.

Last edited:
Back