GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,062 comments
They had to tear the house apart just for painting??? You should have a serious conversation with them...šŸ¤£
Yes indeed! Our entire first floor is being done so everything is dumped in our basement which is where I would usually game and in addition, we have no kitchen so going out each night to eat. Hopefully it will be mostly done today, but then next week I have to pull my gaming area apart for electrical work to be done in that area. The joys of a 100 year old (yes you Europeans can laugh that this is not old but it is for here) American home...

Last edited:
It's an absolutely horrible driving experience which i could live with if it was the same for everyone but I would just be a menace on track because I can't keep the car straight for the life of me. So I won't be racing and will have to try and get acquainted with my wheel but I've tried hundreds of hours and have made zero improvement on the wheel in 3 years.
I can tell you from experience that transitioning from D-Pad to left stick steering is waaayyy easier than the transition to wheel and pedals. You can keep your same throttle and brake inputs, so that's one less thing to worry about. šŸ‘
As a controller user, who steers with the left stick, I can hardly notice any differences after the update, except for the TCS.

I've done a bunch of B races and had up to 8 different cars in the top 10, all with pretty close racing. I use motion control and I seem more able to keep up with the A+ drivers than I was before?? Jag seems most popular, but not significantly quicker than anything else.

I'm generally poor on Seaside reverse so I haven't raced , but doing a few qualifying laps in the Corvette and it doesn't feel much different.
Does it just feel that way or do the tires change during race, like heating up after 1-2 rounds? Felt that way and curiously some got some problems the same time and lost controlšŸ„“ in comparison to Monday (drove at the end of the pack) Iā€™m satisfied since Iā€™m able to get P5 now šŸ„“

having been a TC1 user for a while it feels different - out of laziness I've been driving the Mazda in GR3 for a long time and it feels very different now to me at least. Spinning out on TC1 was pretty hard to do before the update, now I am quite good at absolutely binning it coming out of a slow corner - so that is new

Last edited:
having been a TC1 user for a while it feels different - out of laziness I've been driving the Mazda in GR3 for a long time and it feels very different now to me at least. Spinning out on TC1 was pretty hard to do before the update, now I am quite good at absolutely binning it coming out of a slow corner - so that is new
TCS1 is now the same as it was in GT Sport. It helps you when you're going straight, but not when turning.

I agree on the recommendation for the RCZ in race C. I saw it in the leaderboard and thought 'huh, I don't think I've ever driven that, let's take it for a spin'. Improved my QT with it in only a few laps. It feels like it just powers out of corners like the 911 used to (actually, haven't tried the 911 since the update). I was still on TC0 and didn't have any problems, but I need to start giving TC1 a try, especially on some favorites like the mustang. Got some top 5s in it.

Evil PD reserved it for the GTWS to make people sign up
that might actually get me to sign up for the GTWS lol

It is an absolute crime that we've only been there once (that I know of) in Daily Race B. I soooooo fell in love with that track.

Don't do that. It would be bad.
I think Nords was my first daily. For sure it was the first daily I took a win in. It was GR.4 so not insane speeds but still a lot of fun. The GT-R was spicy there but the McLaren was super stable in the twisty bits and almost as fast as the GT-R was on the straights. if I could get ahead of them before the Carousel it was a virtually guaranteed win because they couldn't keep up through the last half of the lap. Would almost catch me on the Dƶttinger Hƶhe but I could pull away again on Lap 2 through the twisties.

I have fond memories of grinding the ever loving forks out of the 4 hour and 24 hour Nurburgring Combined races in GT5. Fell in love with the circuit then and it's where I go to test all my tunes/new cars/whatnot to shake them down.

Last edited:
Next

First appearance of a new layout and car as usual - the RS5 is being used for Nations Cup tomorrow instead.

I did a test race off the Nurburgring Sprint in Gr4 last night and i think itā€™s a brilliant track for those cars. Will be fun Daily B

Daily C at the Glen. Yes! Will defo be entering this race especially in my Hyundai (as long they not nurfed it too much). BMW M6 will most likely be the OP car here. Was last time we raced here with tyre wear.

The old TCS1 is now TCS3 if you want like to like. TCS1 now is much more subtle in its use.

Next

First appearance of a new layout and car as usual - the RS5 is being used for Nations Cup tomorrow instead.

Both B and C seem awesome next week. 6x tire wear....is this a tire saver or swap required? First time seeing WG as a Gr.3 race from what I can remember. 12 Laps on C and 6 laps on B is perfect. Will be hammering WG this weekend in prep.

Both B and C seem awesome next week. 6x tire wear....is this a tire saver or swap required? First time seeing WG as a Gr.3 race from what I can remember. 12 Laps on C and 6 laps on B is perfect. Will be hammering WG this weekend in prep.
The RH will be fine for the 12 laps.

They did a WG Gr3 a while back (I think right after the track dropped as DLC) and it was one of the best Dailys ever. Big reason was because it was 10 laps, RM tires only, and I don't remember the wear but it was enough you had to pit, and could push to six laps if you wanted. Ideal strat was 5/5 RM to RM, but the ability to push for 4/6 or 6/4 meant the undercut/overcut was an option.

I was able to pull it off twice, sitting P2 for the first four laps, pitting, then just barely getting ahead after the leader pit on lap 5. Was able to hold them both for the wins. Great fun.

The first time I got ahead of the previous leader by this much coming through the S turns after the pit exit.

0bfb8c85257773a43b4b1abef92ef67d_photo.webp

The second one, similarly going side-by-side with the then leader (in the Ford) as he came out of the pits. I had the momentum and was able to take it.

51710364b7b8777f7ad25afff6a350e2_photo.webp

Last edited:
TC is a HUGE improvement. It's actually useable. I'd say TC3 is the old TC1.
Yeah when I first fired up the game yesterday and ran the new Audi with TC1 at NĆ¼rburgring I looped it on lap 1 coming out of Turn 5, it feels a lot more similar to the TC in ACC now, it stops you blowing the tires off but in a corner it still lets you slide sideways.

Something is happening this afternoon on Daily Race B... It feels like a Monday except I've got myself dialled in extra quick.

The wiping of the quali boards has me slowly tumbling down from 60th (now fallen out of the Top 100) gradually as people leave their new lap times after the update. I appreciate 1.30.008 probably still isn't too fast, but nonetheless has me on pole in all but 2 races so far. A darn fight better than the Q10s and Q11s I had yesterday.

I'm not great at the front, often succumbing to pressure on the first lap (read: first two corners), followed by getting swarmed in mid-pack chaos, inevitably some time spent making sandcastles. Usually managing to fight back for a Top 5 at least. I was therefore somewhat pleased with a little Fastest Lap and Clean Race...

View attachment 1243870

But then just the race after, things drastically improved, I sorted myself out and managed to keep the wolves at bay for the complete set:

View attachment 1243871
I think I may have been in the mix of some of these Daily Race B's you speak of. Apologies again for the messy attempt of a pass into T2 on lap 1 (white TT) .

Really enjoyed those few races. Pretty clean on the whole šŸ‘

Looks like I be on race b on Tuesday, Saturday and Easter Sunday (a slightly different routine this upcoming week due to early visit to sisters)

I have downloaded the update. I used to enjoy driving in GT7. I no longer enjoy it. Everything understeers like a dump truck on ice. I do like how unintrusive TC1 is, that's a great update, but even my most nimble cars now steer like I'm driving underwater. ugh, kinda gutted.
I agree. I am not getting along with these new physics as much as the previous. The understeer on the cars was bad enough before but they went the wrong way and made it worse. THe worst part is, at least before you could use the brake to help rotate; now, if I try that the car just plows forwards. Trail braking just doesn't have the same effect it used to and should.

I agree. I am not getting along with these new physics as much as the previous. The understeer on the cars was bad enough before but they went the wrong way and made it worse. THe worst part is, at least before you could use the brake to help rotate; now, if I try that the car just plows forwards. Trail braking just doesn't have the same effect it used to and should.
Yesterday i didnā€™t really do much testing and only tested the difference from Daily C in the same car. After doing TT and a race the BMW felt pretty good and felt much more of an improvement. Handling was good, tyres has some adaptability in them and everything else just felt better.
After doing some proper testing tonight with other cars and tracks Iā€™ve started to notice the understeer a lot more. Even in Daily C too with the BMW. Any fast corners and youā€™re going straight on. FR cars Iā€™ve been moving the brake bios backwards to try and remove some of that understeer, but in Daily Race they not included it again after that one race.
I know a few have mentioned TC0 or TC1, Iā€™m finding it better with TC0. Some cars itā€™s either too strong and slows me down or TC1 doesnā€™t even do anything.

Watched a SuperGT review off the new update tonight and he basically picked all the same points out that you did.

Yesterday i didnā€™t really do much testing and only tested the difference from Daily C in the same car. After doing TT and a race the BMW felt pretty good and felt much more of an improvement. Handling was good, tyres has some adaptability in them and everything else just felt better.
After doing some proper testing tonight with other cars and tracks Iā€™ve started to notice the understeer a lot more. Even in Daily C too with the BMW. Any fast corners and youā€™re going straight on. FR cars Iā€™ve been moving the brake bios backwards to try and remove some of that understeer, but in Daily Race they not included it again after that one race.
Exactly my experience in Gr3 so far, albeit in single player mode. Especially in the Z4. I was aware of the understeer on acceleration, but now the thing also just won't turn on slow corner entries if the slightest amount of brake is applied. It just goes straight ahead. Trailbraking doesn't work for me. That's not exactly how it should be, right? I mean "real driving simulator"...

The Gr4, yeah, I might get used to it. Gr3, don't know. So far the most fun for me to drive post-update was the school bus in the weekly TT...šŸ¤¬

But I'm willing to learn. Maybe it will come to me sooner or later...

Last edited:
Its rubbish, should never have been changed to begin with. This was never meant to be a sim, its meant for "pick up and race hard". We all hated using RH in the last patch and now all the race cars feels like RH on RM. it's joyless.

Its rubbish, should never have been changed to begin with. This was never meant to be a sim, its meant for "pick up and race hard". We all hated using RH in the last patch and now all the race cars feels like RH on RM. it's joyless.
yeah that's what I keep coming back to. I grabbed my downtuned GR.2 Nismo (the old one, not the 16) and headed to nords for the World 800 race. Even on Race Soft I plowed through corners I would have taken faster under the old physics. I think that's what's really driving me insane with the update is that it feels like an entirely new game that needs to be re-learned.

I guess what it comes down to for me is this: were we sold a bunk game before and now the physics are "corrected"? If so can I have some money back for being a beta tester? If the physics were so wrong before (and I think really they were only wrong on MR cars everything else felt very similar to other "more realistic" sims I've played) seems like that's a failure on the part of the dev team.

I dunno maybe I'm just being a curmudgeon but meh this feels like I've been reset to the beginning and relearning all that muscle memory is going to suck a lot. Maybe it's time to start a 3rd account and use that to relearn things lol. Or just git gud I suppose.

I did some more practice earlier today at Brands Hatch to get used to the new physics. I think I got it sorted out. My problem was that I was mashing the throttle early upon corner exit like I could with the old physics model. Mashing the throttle is more of a me problem than a physics problem. But, I also stink at Brands so that doesn't help any. I'm think that Watkins Glen is going to be a good place to get practice at a track I enjoy to race on. Hopefully I can find some success there next week.

Yep, you gotta let the car rotate more now by going off the throttle. Tried one Daily C yesterday, Supra had quite a bit understeer in the fast corners after death chicane + hairpin. Gr2 isn't as tricky, tried the Nations RS5 DTM in quali, although NSX & GT-R probably better at Brands Hatch. šŸ¤” I guess I gotta try the gr4 race, just to see how the physics feel. Even though that track is not my cup of tea šŸ˜…šŸµ

Last edited:
Does it just feel that way or do the tires change during race, like heating up after 1-2 rounds? Felt that way and curiously some got some problems the same time and lost controlšŸ„“ in comparison to Monday (drove at the end of the pack) Iā€™m satisfied since Iā€™m able to get P5 now šŸ„“
Does anyone have the same experience?šŸ‘€

Regarding the new physics, here's what I've learned at Brands Hatch. Of course, these are my experiences. YMMV:
  • Try multiple cars - what worked before might not work for you now. I'm using the Alfa at Brands Hatch, even though it's nowhere on the leaderboard, and it's performing pretty well for me. So don't be afraid to experiment, even with cars you never liked before.
  • DO NOT brake late for corners. Depending on the corner, you may not be able to recover from it. Case in point: Hawthorn Bend.
  • So, brake earlier, and focus on the target apex point. I mean, of course you should try to hit your apex point - but really focus on your goal. Believe it or not, it helps a lot. That's how you relearn.
  • Less trail braking - coast through corners more often. That's how I got a good QT at Brands Hatch.
  • Don't expect a brake touch or shifting gears to help you snap around a corner. I mean, it might, but test it out.
  • Be late on the exit throttle. I'm really surprised by what a difference this makes. You probably won't notice it so much while driving, but your times will reflect the difference.
  • Think "smooth", "glide". Not sharp turns.
  • Unless the above doesn't help, in which case, you're on your own. šŸ˜‚
I think that's what's really driving me insane with the update is that it feels like an entirely new game that needs to be re-learned.
Is that so bad? I mean, it's not ideal of course, but since this is the way it is, why not treat it like learning a new game? At least it's not the same-old same-old, right?
I dunno maybe I'm just being a curmudgeon but meh this feels like I've been reset to the beginning and relearning all that muscle memory is going to suck a lot.
Hey, I'm supposed to be the curmudgeon! I guess the true me is being exposed here:

1680342825541.png

Regarding the new physics, here's what I've learned at Brands Hatch. Of course, these are my experiences. YMMV:
  • Try multiple cars - what worked before might not work for you now. I'm using the Alfa at Brands Hatch, even though it's nowhere on the leaderboard, and it's performing pretty well for me. So don't be afraid to experiment, even with cars you never liked before.
  • DO NOT brake late for corners. Depending on the corner, you may not be able to recover from it. Case in point: Hawthorn Bend.
  • So, brake earlier, and focus on the target apex point. I mean, of course you should try to hit your apex point - but really focus on your goal. Believe it or not, it helps a lot. That's how you relearn.
  • Less trail braking - coast through corners more often. That's how I got a good QT at Brands Hatch.
  • Don't expect a brake touch or shifting gears to help you snap around a corner. I mean, it might, but test it out.
  • Be late on the exit throttle. I'm really surprised by what a difference this makes. You probably won't notice it so much while driving, but your times will reflect the difference.
  • Think "smooth", "glide". Not sharp turns.
  • Unless the above doesn't help, in which case, you're on your own. šŸ˜‚

Is that so bad? I mean, it's not ideal of course, but since this is the way it is, why not treat it like learning a new game? At least it's not the same-old same-old, right?

Hey, I'm supposed to be the curmudgeon! I guess the true me is being exposed here:

View attachment 1244376

People were just to used to be on the throttle all the time and brake super late. The new physics really emphasise coasting and imo thatā€™s great.

Feels less of a game and more intuitive. Iā€™ve always said for ACC felt easier to drive and harder to be fast. Because things made sense, whereas in GT7 you had to ā€œlearnā€ the way the game wanted you to play and just play it almost robotically. It feels great now.

I think I may have been in the mix of some of these Daily Race B's you speak of. Apologies again for the messy attempt of a pass into T2 on lap 1 (white TT) .

Really enjoyed those few races. Pretty clean on the whole šŸ‘
Correct! Thanks for message, it was one of those moments where I could understand (after a cooling down period) it was just a mistake! That corner is a killer for different braking points in different cars.

I actually get that on Brand's Hatch, lap 1, you don't fancy slowing down after a mistake either. It's very quick to get messy and will end up totally ruining your race. In the end, I think all is fine and I got to practice a few overtakes in that particular race too!

Back