GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
Opening a lobby at 12:00pm PST for next week’s race C. It’ll be a public lobby.
Title: 88mph. Back to the future race C. Hope to see you there 🍻

Thanks for posting this up ahead of time. Hope to make it and get some next week practice in with some of the GTP crew.

🍻

I just ran a few Races C and the AMG was at or near the front in all of them, so you may be right about that. The Nismo ‘18 also is incredibly stable and has good stats. The main problem is that the Supra is near the top of every statistical category. It’s going to be the meta until they adjust tue BoP again.

I suspect the next Manufacturers Series, since all the races are Gr3, is going to be a test bed for BoP.
GTR 18 is looking like the car to use next week (well for me anyway). Was quick and like you say very stable and not much understeer, but that could be how I’m how I’m driving it. Im finding it’s better to drop gear either in the entry of the corner or mid corner, then you can up shift back again about half a second later.
Supra was close in times. Through the bus stop it wasn’t so great for me, but the straights it just pulls and gains that time back. Crazy that car.

I'll just say what we're all thinking: PD is so biased towards Japanese cars it's ridiculous. They're not even trying to hide it. I don't even have to quantify it, as we all already know it... but I will anyway. The Gr3 class has been typically dominated by the 13 GTR and Supra, with a splash of Porsche. The Supra was OP for so long, and was finally Nerfed only to now be un-Nerfed and is now the META again. Gr3 was in a good place and they had to update it again, showing their true colors. So annoying. Why do I have a feeling we will be seeing A LOT of people picking Toyota for Manu?

Jury is still out on the Gr4 updated BoP, but for all intents and purposes:

Gr1 = 787B with a splash of Porsche
Gr2 = GTR with a splash of Merc
Gr3 = WRX, Supra, GTR, Supra
Gr4 = GTR and WRX, with a splash of Alfa

12/16 of the dedicated TT cars (not counting Gr car event) have been Japanese.

Anyway, I digress.
Dont think you’re the only one who thinks this either. Such a shame too as they are some great cars that just don’t get used.

Gr1 - I think the Porsche is the OP car in this category
Gr2 - yeah that fair
Gr3 - WRX, Supra, GTR and to some degree Mazda RX & Mitsubishi seem to be strong cars now.
Gr4 - Mazda Atenza was op at the start, then the others joined in. WRX, GTR & even Supra again had a little spell.

Hey @Talon16 was that you in the race just now? Someone named Talon2 (I think) said "Hi", so I thought it was you. If it was you, sorry for my terrible T1. I caused all sorts of problems for the people behind me.

In any case, wins have been fewer recently, even with me regularly sitting P1 or P2, so this feels pretty sweet:

View attachment 1244688
Yea, that was me. Maybe I should put my account names in my signature lines or something. Oh, wait. HA! Just messing with you! :cheers:

Great race, though! You earned it. Dropped a couple spots at the beginning but made them back up, then held off that Genesis for the majority of the time. Good side-by-side with you throuth T2 and T3 (or is that T4?) as well. GG!
Gr1 - I think the Porsche is the OP car in this category
Yea, depends on if the track is high downforce or long straights. The 787B was the car at the Daytona Road Course events (Daily and GTWS), but the Porsche was at other tracks... I am just going off memory here but I seem to recall a Koyoto event where the Porsche was the META.

The odd one was LeMans where the Porsche was the best car for the race but the 787B was the best for the qualifying.

Last edited:
For once, no player hit me or committed a dirty move against me. I started P4 and within 3 laps was in 1st place!

Was cruising to an easy victory, fastest lap and 10+ seconds ahead of the first pack!

And then, on lap 9, this idiot made a mistake on the CoD, hit the barrier 3 times and got 4.5s worth of penalties to compliment the damage to the car!

Finished P4 a couple of seconds from the eventual winner. Confirmed today that the one time others don't kill me, I do it to myself because it doesn't feel right to have a straight forward race 🤐🤣

Attachments

• 18741cfc08d79-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18741cfc08d79-screenshotUrl.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 12
Well worth a watch this. Looks like I won’t be hitting that “retry” button in TT now. Have to say I’ve always found on my 2nd lap in TT I was able to go quicker.

This explains a lot in daily races, where fast people tend to fly out of the track. Had the same feeling that tyres get too hot in daily 2 if you push too hard and some left the track 🥴

Opening a lobby at 12:00pm PST for next week’s race C. It’ll be a public lobby.
Title: 88mph. Back to the future race C. Hope to see you there 🍻
Sorry I missed it! I've been sidetracked with "real life".
Yea, that was me. Maybe I should put my account names in my signature lines or something. Oh, wait. HA! Just messing with you! :cheers:
I admit to not looking there. However, there's a specific place in your profile for specifying your PSN, and then it shows up under your avatar. Which is where I looked for it, because I figured someone of your intelligence and stature wouldn't leave out something like that... but I was wrong. 😉😛 :cheers:

Okay, just checked with app tyre temperature for race b, it massively affects race AND qualifying, even in qualifiying laps, the tyres heat up even if they don’t wear out or you don’t lose gas. After about 3 laps 80 degrees centigrade. Same in race, reason why some get off track, pushing too hard May get your tyres too hot 🥴 made place 3 now ☺️

I was in a lobby with you. Didn’t noticed that until the race started. You were two places in front of me. After the race started, you were in a battle with this other guy and then you spun out. After the race I wanted to say hi, but you didn’t finished the race because of the carnage you were involved in I believe. Shortly after I sensed you a friend request. My PSN is TheGameL-A-X.
Oh hey man! I’m not gonna lie I had a mare today! I can’t remember what exactly what happened to me but I ended up last or near last.. I was actually carrying on and fought my way through to a decent position and took fastest lap going into lap 5… then my internet disconnected and I lost it all!! Typical! I’ll add you when I jump back on.

Two more races after that, first was an utter disaster where I got taken out twice despite some quite ridiculous efforts to avoid such a fate… ending very very last and just took a gentle drive through the countryside on my final lap 😬

Final race much better, overtaken by someone but took the place back after they made a mistake and ended 2nd. Happy with that, started to get lobbies with A rated drivers now which is a great result!!

FD150348-AAC0-421D-8FE6-EB2ED9CA287B.jpeg

Okay, just checked with app tyre temperature for race b, it massively affects race AND qualifying, even in qualifiying laps, the tyres heat up even if they don’t wear out or you don’t lose gas. After about 3 laps 80 degrees centigrade. Same in race, reason why some get off track, pushing too hard May get your tyres too hot 🥴 made place 3 now ☺️

If I remember to do this, I’m going to try and record some tyre info from the daily races. Will be interesting to see if they are any differences between my races and with others. After doing a test lobby tonight for next weeks daily c the tyre wear was great for some then others in the same car

Well after all that disappointment, tried my first Brands Hatch event on main account and started P13. Didn't have much hope however....

An exciting race full of overtakes and defending cleanly, with the end result being 6 positions gained 🎉😎

Attachments

• 1874370b21852-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1874370b21852-screenshotUrl.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 12
Well after all that disappointment, tried my first Brands Hatch event on main account and started P13. Didn't have much hope however....

An exciting race full of overtakes and defending cleanly, with the end result being 6 positions gained 🎉😎

Nice driving and how about that for a photo finish!

For once, no player hit me or committed a dirty move against me. I started P4 and within 3 laps was in 1st place!

Was cruising to an easy victory, fastest lap and 10+ seconds ahead of the first pack!

And then, on lap 9, this idiot made a mistake on the CoD, hit the barrier 3 times and got 4.5s worth of penalties to compliment the damage to the car!

Finished P4 a couple of seconds from the eventual winner. Confirmed today that the one time others don't kill me, I do it to myself because it doesn't feel right to have a straight forward race 🤐🤣
Same happened to me, also lap 9! I kept telling myself, “Just one more clean lap, no need to push it” but someone took my fastest lap so I tried to get it back and, yup, I got murdered by the chicken of death. Ah well.

Overall this week, after a maddening start, Dragon Trail treated me well. I think the physics actually favor my driving style! Super GT did a review of the new physics and overall he likes how the game is playing. He emphasized that the game now requires more gradual and considered inputs, which is probably more like a sim than just a video game.

I think we’ve gotten a little bit spoiled by the previous versions of GT7 that allowed us to just mash in the brakes and then throttle. Now we have to actually act like we’re driving.

I think (and hope) that this new update will force crappy drivers to learn how to drive better to survive. For example, all weekend I had a guy who was really fast but just couldn’t race very well. He was ranked A/S like me, but in hits case he deserved another S in his rank! In every race we had together, maybe ten over a few days, he started near or ahead of me, fought his way to the lead pack, and every single time finished midway or further back. Every time. He was diving, hitting people, being needlessly aggressive, and was either getting taken out or, more regularly, taking himself out by overdriving the car.

I tried to give him some friendly advice because it looks like I’ll be seeing him a lot. I suggested that unnecessary contact was slowing him and everyone else down and that if he was more patient and chose better places to overtake he, and all of us, would have a better chance of keeping up with P1. I got a lot of agreement from others but he just laughed. So I’m hoping that the new physics has the extra benefit of clearing out the trash.

I did ok at the Nations Cup as well, basically just driving like a human and ignoring the aliens up front because they kept crashing themselves out. The tire physics and the all-the-time open DRS was making them fly off the track. I drove regularly and finished P5.

I’m not a superior driver at all, it Dragon Trail has been good to me. I’m now halfway up A because I’ve been able to compete with the new update. Watkins Glen is also a great track for me, so I’m hoping that I can start to work my way towards A+. It’s a goal, not a necessity, but I’ve found that I’m driving with higher quality racers now, which is all I’ve wanted all along. Partly it’s my own progress, but ultimately it think the updated physics has a lot to do with it.

I’m looking forward to next week to see what happens!

Sorry I missed it! I've been sidetracked with "real life".

I admit to not looking there. However, there's a specific place in your profile for specifying your PSN, and then it shows up under your avatar. Which is where I looked for it, because I figured someone of your intelligence and stature wouldn't leave out something like that... but I was wrong. 😉😛 :cheers:
Ah yes, but you see... there is only room for one PSN ID in said spot, thus it would've mattered naught in this case since our race was while I was on my second account. :cheers:

Same happened to me, also lap 9! I kept telling myself, “Just one more clean lap, no need to push it” but someone took my fastest lap so I tried to get it back and, yup, I got murdered by the chicken of death. Ah well.

Overall this week, after a maddening start, Dragon Trail treated me well. I think the physics actually favor my driving style! Super GT did a review of the new physics and overall he likes how the game is playing. He emphasized that the game now requires more gradual and considered inputs, which is probably more like a sim than just a video game.

I think we’ve gotten a little bit spoiled by the previous versions of GT7 that allowed us to just mash in the brakes and then throttle. Now we have to actually act like we’re driving.

I think (and hope) that this new update will force crappy drivers to learn how to drive better to survive. For example, all weekend I had a guy who was really fast but just couldn’t race very well. He was ranked A/S like me, but in hits case he deserved another S in his rank! In every race we had together, maybe ten over a few days, he started near or ahead of me, fought his way to the lead pack, and every single time finished midway or further back. Every time. He was diving, hitting people, being needlessly aggressive, and was either getting taken out or, more regularly, taking himself out by overdriving the car.

I tried to give him some friendly advice because it looks like I’ll be seeing him a lot. I suggested that unnecessary contact was slowing him and everyone else down and that if he was more patient and chose better places to overtake he, and all of us, would have a better chance of keeping up with P1. I got a lot of agreement from others but he just laughed. So I’m hoping that the new physics has the extra benefit of clearing out the trash.

I did ok at the Nations Cup as well, basically just driving like a human and ignoring the aliens up front because they kept crashing themselves out. The tire physics and the all-the-time open DRS was making them fly off the track. I drove regularly and finished P5.

I’m not a superior driver at all, it Dragon Trail has been good to me. I’m now halfway up A because I’ve been able to compete with the new update. Watkins Glen is also a great track for me, so I’m hoping that I can start to work my way towards A+. It’s a goal, not a necessity, but I’ve found that I’m driving with higher quality racers now, which is all I’ve wanted all along. Partly it’s my own progress, but ultimately it think the updated physics has a lot to do with it.

I’m looking forward to next week to see what happens!
You are absolutely right on everything you said! This new physics formula is more difficult but in the long term, I think it will make us better at the game

What I wish they would address is the blatant but subtle nudging others do to send you off track without getting penalized!

Tried a few Watkins Glen laps and AMG seems the best before BoP effect so will find out tomorrow...

If I remember to do this, I’m going to try and record some tyre info from the daily races. Will be interesting to see if they are any differences between my races and with others. After doing a test lobby tonight for next weeks daily c the tyre wear was great for some then others in the same car
Seems so, I notice a
everyone should, I have race dash now as app (3€ for tyre temp) and I recognized, when I stuck in traffic and went smooth, without losing contact to the others, temp degeased, did a round that way and pushed again, temp increased but I was able to go controllable faster than the others and gained 2 places. Was the best race that evening, from 9 to 3 ☺️ pretty clean ☺️

Agreed. Get rid of the wall penalties and add something for the pushers. Side contact shouldn't be a pen unless it pushes someone off track or into a wall.
Exactly! For me, the logic should be that if you hit a wall/ barrier without previous contact, the damage is fair enough but the penalty on top is BS...

If someone sends you to Narnia, they should be punished severely! If you get hit whilst the other is braking or steering the opposite way but hits you by mistake, then fair enough. Game should keep a count and maybe penalize if it happens a second or third time in the same race.

But those who ram on purpose should be punished harshly and the victim shouldn't be penalized for it! I would even vote for a real world hitman to be employed by PD and his job would be to fly all over the world and castrate those who are 100% dirty drivers! 🤣

Returning to Daily Race B at Brands Hatch in Gr4 cars was an interesting experience after racing at Brands Hatch in the Audi RS5 DTM during the World Series, which is 13 seconds faster per lap. Everything felt much slower and more relaxed. I easily set a new fastest lap by half a second on the third lap of practice, which also seems to validate folks' guess that tires fully heat up by the third lap. It might be a placebo effect, but the effect of dirty tires seems to be more pronounced in this update.

I'm really enjoying the diversity of cars post-update 1.31. I am thoroughly enjoying driving my favorite car, the Ferrari Italia, instead of having to drive the meta car to minimize incidents with others. It is quite fun to push MR cars around and catch a slide by quickly counter-steering. The cars feel alive in this update.

I've always hated Brands Hatch before this week's Daily Races. The first corner was scary as hell, and any place outside the racing line felt like driving on ice. After many races this week and the World Series event, I like Brands Hatch now. It is still technical, but a lot less scary. Thank you PD for making me like Brands Hatch and changing my 10+ years of dislike.

Take a look at the variety of cars competing at Brands Hatch today:

1680475824760.png

I think I can safely say that at least for Gr.4 cars at Brands Hatch, the new physics model is having a positive effect.

Oh yeah, another win doesn't hurt.
1680475893782.png

(I won't mention that I DNFed the race before this one.)
It’s still open boys!
Come on by. 👍
Dangit! I should have checked it out. Gotta go now, though.
Overall this week, after a maddening start, Dragon Trail treated me well. I think the physics actually favor my driving style!
I agree with you, so perhaps both Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars have been helped by the new physics model.
He was ranked A/S like me, but in his case he deserved another S in his rank!
I see what you did there. :lol:

You are absolutely right on everything you said! This new physics formula is more difficult but in the long term, I think it will make us better at the game

What I wish they would address is the blatant but subtle nudging others do to send you off track without getting penalized!

Tried a few Watkins Glen laps and AMG seems the best before BoP effect so will find out tomorrow...
Agreed. Get rid of the wall penalties and add something for the pushers. Side contact shouldn't be a pen unless it pushes someone off track or into a wall.
Exactly! For me, the logic should be that if you hit a wall/ barrier without previous contact, the damage is fair enough but the penalty on top is BS...

If someone sends you to Narnia, they should be punished severely! If you get hit whilst the other is braking or steering the opposite way but hits you by mistake, then fair enough. Game should keep a count and maybe penalize if it happens a second or third time in the same race.

But those who ram on purpose should be punished harshly and the victim shouldn't be penalized for it! I would even vote for a real world hitman to be employed by PD and his job would be to fly all over the world and castrate those who are 100% dirty drivers! 🤣
All of this (except maybe the hit man . . . maybe)! The wall penalties are obviously a product of wall riding, which can easily be solved by penalizing the length of contact, not the instance of contact. Getting three penalties for one ricochet at the CoD is absurd and race ending, and even more infuriating when it’s caused by another driver.

As far as the other penalties go, you guys have it figured out. It’s not all that hard! Puh-lease, PD, figure this out!!!!

I’m hoping that’s what the new penalty criteria for different groups in the World Series races are supposed to finally figure out. They have different ghosting criteria, why not penalties?

Take a look at the variety of cars competing at Brands Hatch today:

1680475824760.png

I think I can safely say that at least for Gr.4 cars at Brands Hatch, the new physics model is having a positive effect.
I'd say its more to do with the BOP update then the physics change, but yeah its good to see some variety in Gr.4.
I was always a fan of the AWDs so it didnt bother me too much when they dominated but the last month of TT Cup cup was a bit too much.

My first victory in B/S lobby! :dopey:

izhPEJ2.jpg

I had a great qualifying lap, landing 1:30.9, which placed me 4th on the grid.

2nd placed guy (purple Audi) had a slightly slow exit from Paddock Hill Bend, allowing me and 3rd guy to move up.
bQCMMPh.jpg

Overtook the Jaguar with the bomber livery inside of Surtees.
w1PxdJg.jpg

Patiently chased the first placed Alfa Romeo before getting him, again inside of Surtees.
JsDpGF1.jpg

I'm very thankful to these fellow clean racers to keep it clean throughout the race. Now I truly feel that I belong to B/S lobby, not to C/S lobby anymore. Hoping to keep climbing up in B/S lobby to eventually race with folks active in this thread. :)

Last edited:

@sturk0167 👀 🫣🍻

My first victory in B/S lobby! :dopey:
Congrats mate!
How are you finding the 458? This is the car I have been using since the update. After trying a few different cars, this was the one I was quickest with and find it very stable during the race and seems to have fairly good acceleration too. I've manage one win and multiple top 3 with it.

How are you finding the 458?
Thank you mate. Congrats to you as well!

I’ve yet to try other Gr4 cars post update. I chose the 458 only because I’m a huge fan of this car. I’ve same feedback as you. Incredibly stable. Slides are easy to catch. But the same is probably true for almost all Gr4 cars.

Acceleration, cornering, and braking of all cars seem to be an even match for all RWD and 4WD cars this update. No car seems to be a particular winner.

But those who ram on purpose should be punished harshly and the victim shouldn't be penalized for it!
Is this even possible to the extent that we want it, is the question these days. We've been through a lot of variations of the penalty system, especially if you've been through GTS as well and there's never been one iteration that satisfied people and in both games PD have, for the most part, ended up turning it off. I notice you still get pens if yo hit cars, sometimes, it's almost as if when done by accident the game punishes more but perhaps that's in my head...

Other games don't get this right, which is why I wonder if it's even doable. They just approach it from a different angle. Of all I would happily accept ACC model, they just said both parties at fault, both are penalized, job done. Over the long term this will balance itself out and I think it does, more or less.

The first week in forever that I couldn't put in a decent qualifying time and improve race position steadily throughout the week - it just felt like a battle to even finish in the top7 spots this week on dragon trail. Game feels a lot more challenging in a good way, but I wasn't prepared for how different it would feel after the update it's made me go back to the drawing board!

Feels a bit more balanced in that there seems to be a greater risk/reward factor, often seen the faster drivers spin out this week as they chase the leaders. (in B/S lobbies at least)

The changes make the daily races far more interesting and the field of cars in each race has been really varied.

Good effort bro! I wasn't sure how you did once we started, glad you gained some places.
I had a fair bit of luck and carnage ahead of me to end up 4th....think someone had a penalty too at the end as I crossed the line 5th. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: Scratch that! Wrong race lol! 😂🤣
My bad....It was your Brucey Bruce account where we raced together!
I'm almost as old as @GrumpyOldMan (a long way off almost) that's my excuse.

Last edited:
I honestly didn't feel any fun in the Samba event at the Alsace test course. It drives real slow which is not the essence of GT7. It seemed to be a challenge for me to try to get a lap under 1'22.500-1'23.000.

I will never understand how the aliens record their times without sliding the car much at all. Beats me...

Back