GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,060 comments
I have been loving the new update. I find the cars to behave way more predictably but I haven't felt the understeer that everyone is talking about, in fact a lot of the MR cars are amazing at corner entry now. The NSX through the COD is amazing.

I'd suggest everyone trying the NISMO '18. 2 races with it this week since the update and I can't get a good qually time out of it. But 2-3 laps into a run on Mediums or Softs and that thing just comes alive. I'm not sure if the tire wear is just better on that car compared to everything else or if it has to do with the temps. Has anyone else noticed this?

Screenshot 2023-04-01 094621.jpg

Screenshot 2023-04-01 094654.jpg

The RH will be fine for the 12 laps.

They did a WG Gr3 a while back (I think right after the track dropped as DLC) and it was one of the best Dailys ever. Big reason was because it was 10 laps, RM tires only, and I don't remember the wear but it was enough you had to pit, and could push to six laps if you wanted. Ideal strat was 5/5 RM to RM, but the ability to push for 4/6 or 6/4 meant the undercut/overcut was an option.

I was able to pull it off twice, sitting P2 for the first four laps, pitting, then just barely getting ahead after the leader pit on lap 5. Was able to hold them both for the wins. Great fun.

The first time I got ahead of the previous leader by this much coming through the S turns after the pit exit.

0bfb8c85257773a43b4b1abef92ef67d_photo.webp

The second one, similarly going side-by-side with the then leader (in the Ford) as he came out of the pits. I had the momentum and was able to take it.

51710364b7b8777f7ad25afff6a350e2_photo.webp
Never stop adding those beautiful race photos to your posts. They always look so nice. You have good photography skills. 👍

Last edited:
I have been loving the new update. I find the cars to behave way more predictably but I haven't felt the understeer that everyone is talking about, in fact a lot of the MR cars are amazing at corner entry now. The NSX through the COD is amazing.

I'd suggest everyone trying the NISMO '18. 2 races with it this week since the update and I can't get a good qually time out of it. But 2-3 laps into a run on Mediums or Softs and that thing just comes alive. I'm not sure if the tire wear is just better on that car compared to everything else or if it has to do with the temps. Has anyone else noticed this?

View attachment 1244411
View attachment 1244413
The Audi DTM is a monster!!! I recommend everyone buy it. Trust me.

They always have, but I also think this new tire model with the update made wear and heat more noticable.
Yeah, seems so, lot of cars left the track due to it… was good for me 🥴 just anybody should keep that in mind, its changing even in race b 🥴

View attachment 1244411
View attachment 1244413
Not yet, I’m glad I can use nsx more 🥴

3B9919E6-9517-426F-A6FD-F063940D9148.jpeg

Still a love hate affair with GT7 for me, i love the race (B) but struggling since the update. I’ve binned it twice whilst in the lead and both times it was ‘peculiar’ How i lost it.. The new physics feel great for me right up until… they don’t. Why does the steering go so light under braking?? Why does my wheel communicate the back stepping out so badly? Why do the tyres squeal so quietly when that happens??? Frustrating

Anyways, 2nd place was my best result today in a lobby paired with our very own @half_sourly. His race got ruined but I managed to stay out of trouble in this one.

Hoping to get a few more races in tomorrow before the new dailies come out. Brands Hatch is rapidly becoming one of my favourite tracks (I used to hate it, specifically in the circuit experience..!)

Last edited:
Haven't raced a lot this week because been feeling a bit poorly but been having a go yesterday and today. Bit too late to really make inroads on those that have been at it all week.

So that physics update eh? Honestly I think I can adapt to it but right now a bit of a struggle, as a consolation though, it seems so is everybody else:

Gained most of my places from people going off, and lost them again thanks to some bad driving but hey ho.

@KosmoKazi it looks like they finally nerfed our Porsche.

I need to find a new car for Race C this week. Porsche is ok but 3mph slower. The Supra is the new meta and it’s ok so far. The RCZ
Porsche is still a formidable race car. It may give up a little in raw speed, so it won't won't be at the top of the QT leaderboards, but as a race car it's just as competitive as before the BoP adjustment. I've been in top split Race C's this week with 3 or 4 in the top 5 of the race when it was over, even since Thursday.

I'm always gonna be a Porsche guy, I think. It's just too good of a race car.

You do have to be mindful of the decreased HP now, though. You will get pulled on the straights, by a lot of cars, even with a tow. That's ok, though, as it brakes so well and comes off the corners so linearly, that it's easy to remain engaged with people. You do have to work harder to pass, though, but that's how it should be.

I think the current arena in GT7: BoP, physics model, tire model, and penalty system, make this the best the the franchise has ever been. It's really fun to race now.

The new tire model seems to increase the fall-off for tires, incrementally, which takes some getting used to. For example, you can get 6 laps out of the Softs at DTS (in the Porsche) but I'm not sure that 6th lap is faster than alternatively running it on M's... it certainly isn't as sure-footed by lap 6, even though the wear indicator is not as badly red as it was after 6 laps in the old model...

I will say that the new physics model seems to allow for significantly more yaw and yaw control... I'm prone to motion sickness and I've had to take breaks sometimes, since the update this week. (Even in 2D, not VR...) I think that's because the yaw simulation is greater than it was before, and my brain is having a hard time reconciling what I'm seeing compared to feeling. But it's so much more realistic and accurate, in my opinion, I'll take it.

Last edited:
Regarding the new physics, here's what I've learned at Brands Hatch. Of course, these are my experiences. YMMV:
  • Trail braking - coast through corners more often. That's how I got a good QT at Brands Hatch
Is your trail brake comment specific for Brands Hatch, or do you think it may apply in general?

Thanks

zjn
Is your trail brake comment specific for Brands Hatch, or do you think it may apply in general?
I think all I'm saying is that you should make conscious decisions of how much trail braking you should use for each corner. For me, I got so used to taking each corner a specific way, and I discovered that it doesn't always work the way it used to. So just make sure you're being intentional in your choices, and not just doing what you used to do.

For me, I think I've always tended to keep my foot on the brake too long, coming into a corner. Whenever I watch replays of fast rivers, they almost never do that. They give the car plenty of time to regain proper balance before hitting the apex.

With these physics changes, at Brands Hatch anyway, when I braked the way I used to, it made it harder to go around the corners. The cars I've tried there want to understeer significantly when my foot is on the brake. But if I lift off earlier and let the car just kind of coast around the apex, my times picked up quite a bit.

Take everything I say with a huge grain of salt - I suck more often than I drive well!

I dont understand the gearing in the Gr.4 cars. I feel like I want to be in 2nd but I always need to be in 3rd coming out of corners and it just feels weird. I'm used to the professional and robotic nature of the Gr.3 cars. I launch in 2nd and I'm happy and the car is happy.

Trying to get the Cayman down to the low 1:30s and its been an endeavor.

I dont understand the gearing in the Gr.4 cars. I feel like I want to be in 2nd but I always need to be in 3rd coming out of corners and it just feels weird. I'm used to the professional and robotic nature of the Gr.3 cars. I launch in 2nd and I'm happy and the car is happy.

Trying to get the Cayman down to the low 1:30s and its been an endeavor.
I have not tried the GT4 Cayman yet, but that car always used to feel like it was in the wrong gear.

Porsche is still a formidable race car. It may give up a little in raw speed, so it won't won't be at the top of the QT leaderboards, but as a race car it's just as competitive as before the BoP adjustment. I've been in top split Race C's this week with 3 or 4 in the top 5 of the race when it was over, even since Thursday.
Yes, every Race C if I've done this week has been won by a 911. I've tried the Aston, but my best result (p2) has been in the RCZ.

I'm always gonna be a Porsche guy, I think. It's just too good of a race car.

You do have to be mindful of the decreased HP now, though. You will get pulled on the straights, by a lot of cars, even with a tow. That's ok, though, as it brakes so well and comes off the corners so linearly, that it's easy to remain engaged with people. You do have to work harder to pass, though, but that's how it should be.

I think the current arena in GT7: BoP, physics model, tire model, and penalty system, make this the best the the franchise has ever been. It's really fun to race now.

The new tire model seems to increase the fall-off for tires, incrementally, which takes some getting used to. For example, you can get 6 laps out of the Softs at DTS (in the Porsche) but I'm not sure that 6th lap is faster than alternatively running it on M's... it certainly isn't as sure-footed by lap 6, even though the wear indicator is not as badly red as it was after 6 laps in the old model...

I will say that the new physics model seems to allow for significantly more yaw and yaw control... I'm prone to motion sickness and I've had to take breaks sometimes, since the update this week. (Even in 2D, not VR...) I think that's because the yaw simulation is greater than it was before, and my brain is having a hard time reconciling what I'm seeing compared to feeling. But it's so much more realistic and accurate, in my opinion, I'll take it.
I’m still a Porsche guy as well. I just love how it drives. I’ve learned that car better than any other, and love how I can control under- and over-steer with the accelerator and not the brake. I remember reading about that in a racing book once, and when I felt it in this car it finally clicked what was happening.

Anyway, it never had the best horsepower or torque, so they didn’t need to nerf it quite so much, but it will still be my fallback car. For now, though, I’m learning the Supra because that car is just so op in almost every category. PD was clearly trying to get that car in top because it got a very low hit to its PP (heh) and its stability is now top of the list. The BMW’s stability got ruined so it’s going to have a hard time competing against the Supra’s HP and weight.

It’s a shame. They could have done a few tweaks with added weight and had a really competitive field of cars. Instead they seem to have thrown darts at which cars would get random HP cuts and ballast additions. Except for the Supra of course . . .

Best car I’ve tested so far the new physics has been the AMG. Feels very stable and also doesn’t suffer with much understeer. Ive like driving the Audi R8 (not in a daily race yet) but im just not fast enough in it.

Been doing a little testing at Watkins for next weeks daily races. AMG or Hyundai for me next week unless they is a clear car thats seconds ahead (have a feeling the GTR 18 might be very good here, not tested that car yet).

Best car I’ve tested so far the new physics has been the AMG. Feels very stable and also doesn’t suffer with much understeer. Ive like driving the Audi R8 (not in a daily race yet) but im just not fast enough in it.

Been doing a little testing at Watkins for next weeks daily races. AMG or Hyundai for me next week unless they is a clear car thats seconds ahead (have a feeling the GTR 18 might be very good here, not tested that car yet).
I just ran a few Races C and the AMG was at or near the front in all of them, so you may be right about that. The Nismo ‘18 also is incredibly stable and has good stats. The main problem is that the Supra is near the top of every statistical category. It’s going to be the meta until they adjust tue BoP again.

I suspect the next Manufacturers Series, since all the races are Gr3, is going to be a test bed for BoP.

I’m still a Porsche guy as well. I just love how it drives. I’ve learned that car better than any other, and love how I can control under- and over-steer with the accelerator and not the brake. I remember reading about that in a racing book once, and when I felt it in this car it finally clicked what was happening.

Anyway, it never had the best horsepower or torque, so they didn’t need to nerf it quite so much, but it will still be my fallback car. For now, though, I’m learning the Supra because that car is just so op in almost every category. PD was clearly trying to get that car in top because it got a very low hit to its PP (heh) and its stability is now top of the list. The BMW’s stability got ruined so it’s going to have a hard time competing against the Supra’s HP and weight.

It’s a shame. They could have done a few tweaks with added weight and had a really competitive field of cars. Instead they seem to have thrown darts at which cars would get random HP cuts and ballast additions. Except for the Supra of course . . .
I'll just say what we're all thinking: PD is so biased towards Japanese cars it's ridiculous. They're not even trying to hide it. I don't even have to quantify it, as we all already know it... but I will anyway. The Gr3 class has been typically dominated by the 13 GTR and Supra, with a splash of Porsche. The Supra was OP for so long, and was finally Nerfed only to now be un-Nerfed and is now the META again. Gr3 was in a good place and they had to update it again, showing their true colors. So annoying. Why do I have a feeling we will be seeing A LOT of people picking Toyota for Manu?

Jury is still out on the Gr4 updated BoP, but for all intents and purposes:

Gr1 = 787B with a splash of Porsche
Gr2 = GTR with a splash of Merc
Gr3 = WRX, Supra, GTR, Supra
Gr4 = GTR and WRX, with a splash of Alfa

12/16 of the dedicated TT cars (not counting Gr car event) have been Japanese.

Anyway, I digress.

Another mixed bag in race B today, first race I was a bit unlucky starting on Pole but with a DR A SR B (in a DR B SR S dominated lobby) behind me, I let him past after a slight mistake and yielded position, he made a mistake at Sirtees corner and I retook the position, then a dirty dive at Hawthorns from him (why!?!) bumped me off track but I recovered well. I yielded another place as the race went on to a faster driver and finished 4th. Frustrating that I have to deal with that sort of driving when almost every race this week has produced a clean race bonus but hey ho we managed.

Second race was better starting 2nd or 3rd, lost a place early on but was happy (must have started 2nd) following the leading two. They collided at surtees producing huge smoke which distracted me slightly and making the most of the new understeery physics I put a wheel on the grass and span, recovered quickly though and finished 5th.

On the whole disappointing that I haven’t won a race this week but quite a few high place finishes and clean races have put done my DR good.. hopefully get one or two more races in before the week closes and I focus on the time trial and maybe a few offline races to try a few new cars with the new physics!

If anyone sees me in a lobby later say hi!!

I'll just say what we're all thinking: PD is so biased towards Japanese cars it's ridiculous. They're not even trying to hide it. I don't even have to quantify it, as we all already know it... but I will anyway. The Gr3 class has been typically dominated by the 13 GTR and Supra, with a splash of Porsche. The Supra was OP for so long, and was finally Nerfed only to now be un-Nerfed and is now the META again. Gr3 was in a good place and they had to update it again, showing their true colors. So annoying. Why do I have a feeling we will be seeing A LOT of people picking Toyota for Manu?

Jury is still out on the Gr4 updated BoP, but for all intents and purposes:

Gr1 = 787B with a splash of Porsche
Gr2 = GTR with a splash of Merc
Gr3 = WRX, Supra, GTR, Supra
Gr4 = GTR and WRX, with a splash of Alfa

12/16 of the dedicated TT cars (not counting Gr car event) have been Japanese.

Anyway, I digress.
The aggravating part is that they write all these glowing histories at all the road cars we collect, and then nothing g to honor that racing history in the actual races. They’re playing up to their sponsors, I suppose.

The aggravating part is that they write all these glowing histories at all the road cars we collect, and then nothing g to honor that racing history in the actual races. They’re playing up to their sponsors, I suppose.
I can help them with that. How about pitting these two in a race against each other?
p4-vs-mkiv-png.307097

Or for a Time Trial, how about having Sophy set lap times at Le Mans in each car. Then we have to try to get a time within a certain percentage in the rival car.

When it comes to honoring the cars of racing history, all it takes is a tiny bit of effort.
I just came up with those two ideas in about 30 seconds.
I have no clue what PD's agenda is, or if they have one. :rolleyes:

I sold all the road cars recently, I just don't see the point in having them clogging up the garage.

It was a nice change at first but I've done all this in GT4, all I need is to be able to buy the meta :cool:

I can help them with that. How about pitting these two in a race against each other?
p4-vs-mkiv-png.307097

Or for a Time Trial, how about having Sophy set lap times at Le Mans in each car. Then we have to try to get a time within a certain percentage in the rival car.

When it comes to honoring the cars of racing history, all it takes is a tiny bit of effort.
I just came up with those two ideas in about 30 seconds.
I have no clue what PD's agenda is, or if they have one. :rolleyes:
Here you go: Le Mans No Chicanes open to Racing Cars from 1980 or earlier (should cut out Group C/GR.1 cars). Make it 10 laps, pays 1 million, requires RM and RS tires. Would basically be Ferrari/Ford/Charparal/Jag/Aston if I remember the options correctly. Alpine maybe makes it but would be too slow I think

You know it's not a real garage, right? You don't have to move any of the cars around to get one out... :lol:
I tend to sell all the non-racing cars I have unless there's a sentimental reason to keep them or if there's a race that I haven't won yet that requires it. I know it's virtual but still feels like clutter lol

Last edited:
Another mixed bag in race B today, first race I was a bit unlucky starting on Pole but with a DR A SR B (in a DR B SR S dominated lobby) behind me, I let him past after a slight mistake and yielded position, he made a mistake at Sirtees corner and I retook the position, then a dirty dive at Hawthorns from him (why!?!) bumped me off track but I recovered well. I yielded another place as the race went on to a faster driver and finished 4th. Frustrating that I have to deal with that sort of driving when almost every race this week has produced a clean race bonus but hey ho we managed.

Second race was better starting 2nd or 3rd, lost a place early on but was happy (must have started 2nd) following the leading two. They collided at surtees producing huge smoke which distracted me slightly and making the most of the new understeery physics I put a wheel on the grass and span, recovered quickly though and finished 5th.

On the whole disappointing that I haven’t won a race this week but quite a few high place finishes and clean races have put done my DR good.. hopefully get one or two more races in before the week closes and I focus on the time trial and maybe a few offline races to try a few new cars with the new physics!

If anyone sees me in a lobby later say hi!!
I was in a lobby with you. Didn’t noticed that until the race started. You were two places in front of me. After the race started, you were in a battle with this other guy and then you spun out. After the race I wanted to say hi, but you didn’t finished the race because of the carnage you were involved in I believe. Shortly after I sensed you a friend request. My PSN is TheGameL-A-X.

Back