GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
The first week in forever that I couldn't put in a decent qualifying time and improve race position steadily throughout the week - it just felt like a battle to even finish in the top7 spots this week on dragon trail. Game feels a lot more challenging in a good way, but I wasn't prepared for how different it would feel after the update it's made me go back to the drawing board!

Feels a bit more balanced in that there seems to be a greater risk/reward factor, often seen the faster drivers spin out this week as they chase the leaders. (in B/S lobbies at least)

The changes make the daily races far more interesting and the field of cars in each race has been really varied.
Same story here. I was struggling with the new physics, with the result that I spun out on most of the corners. Because of that, I was racing Daily Race B a lot more which I enjoyed. But yesterday i tried Race C again, and finally did a decent race. I'm still a bit too cautious while exiting the corners, but at least I was competitive again (in a B/S lobby).

Hopefully I can get some time in this week. Real life got in the way too much last week.

I may venture into race C. I really enjoy WG as there is some great close racing available.

I honestly didn't feel any fun in the Samba event at the Alsace test course. It drives real slow which is not the essence of GT7. It seemed to be a challenge for me to try to get a lap under 1'22.500-1'23.000.

I will never understand how the aliens record their times without sliding the car much at all. Beats me...
I quite liked it and picked up a few wins over the week. It was all about the final chicane of course, as the momentum out of that corner lasts the whole lap. The racing was fun & close and generally clean. Because everything was in slow motion I found it gave me the chance to properly think about and plan my overtakes in the races.

Tsukaba this week will be a crash fest by comparison.

Bump that last post. Been in a few races at Tsukuba tonight and had to stop. I got bounced a bit here and there, but had some people definitely shoving everyone out of their way and off for a pass. My last race someone who had been punting people off bumped me wide turn 1 and then ran me off on exit. Then I go deep turn 2 and the car inside shoves me wide. I just got annoyed with it. Especially the guy from turn 1 as I had watched him do it in previous races to lots of people.

Drove like hell and did an aggressive pass on the second guy, but left him on track. Caught the other guy and made a wild dive and ran him off like he had done so many others. That anger and driving like a wreck was what made me quit for the night. That's not me. And that car is really odd to handle.

I started doing some laps on Watkins Glen to see what will work this week.

I started on the Supra, which holds the fastest world times so far this week. Ran a few laps on it and it seems pretty good. I got up for some coffee and sat back down for a few more practice laps and accidentally entered a race. Oops! I ran with virtually no practice and accidentally figured out the chicane in the process!

The RCZ is incredibly grounded and I ran good laps, but it’s not for qualifying. Maybe it’ll be good in the race though.

I ram about 20 more laps in the Supra and set my best time. And then I decided to try the Nismo ‘18 and it took me exactly two laps to set my best time! The Supra has the best top speed, but it’s not as stable as it should be in the chicane. So the Nissan may be good to me this week.

@ILLEAGLE_34 set his time in the McLaren, which is on my list of cars to try. I’ll do the 911 of course, but I’m curious about the Mustang, the Lancer, and especially about the SLS which looks like it got a significant bump in power. The BMW is also on my list to try. If anyone has any input on cars for Race C, let us know.

One more thing: I discovered that I touched the wall on the exit of the last turn and, although I didn’t get a penalty, it did negate my lap time. It looks like PD is trying out some new ideas at last!

I’m so tired of making a costly mistake, losing time, then hitting a wall and losing more time, and getting damage and losing more time, and then getting a penalty for losing so much time, and then losing even more time! This needs fixin’!!!

I started doing some laps on Watkins Glen to see what will work this week.

I started on the Supra, which holds the fastest world times so far this week. Ran a few laps on it and it seems pretty good. I got up for some coffee and sat back down for a few more practice laps and accidentally entered a race. Oops! I ran with virtually no practice and accidentally figured out the chicane in the process!
🤣🤣🤣 I’ve done that before, but I’ve done where I hit the Qualifying Practice and then about 2 mins after the hour or half past I’m thinking to myself “why has the race started?” Oh I’m in Qualiy mode.
The RCZ is incredibly grounded and I ran good laps, but it’s not for qualifying. Maybe it’ll be good in the race though.

I ram about 20 more laps in the Supra and set my best time. And then I decided to try the Nismo ‘18 and it took me exactly two laps to set my best time! The Supra has the best top speed, but it’s not as stable as it should be in the chicane. So the Nissan may be good to me this week.
Likewise here. Supra has some great top speed and is strong on the straights but corners the GTR 18 just way more stable and I can get on the power quicker!
Manage to set a 1.46.925 in the GTR. Might have another tenth or two max.

Anyone wanting a ghost I’ve added it to the showroom for you add to your collection. Search for GTP, GTPLANET OR GTR18

Why did they put a 5 seconds wall penalty on WG....? My god this is going to be frustrating on B/S lobbies.
Created an account (long time lurker!) solely to have a whinge at this.

It’s so disproportionate and it’s not like the Glen has ever been a wall-riding type of circuit to justify a race-ending punishment.

Sometimes I’m genuinely convinced the devs who come up with these daily races love a toke of the old glass barbeque.

Anyways… I love the MR cars atm!

🤣🤣🤣 I’ve done that before, but I’ve done where I hit the Qualifying Practice and then about 2 mins after the hour or half past I’m thinking to myself “why has the race started?” Oh I’m in Qualiy mode.
I'd rather be surprised by more practice than surprised by none at all!!!!

Screaming Homer Simpson GIF

As for the wall riding, they need to sort this stuff out. If it's wall riding they're worried about, then they just need to time the length of contact and set a threshold over which penalties are applied. I did notice that if you rub the wall on the last exit it disqualifies your practice lap, so I suspect they're experimenting with different approaches to the wall. I'm not sure how it plays out in the race itself, but that's a point where there could be some perceived benefit to rub that wall so it seems like a better candidate for a penalty than any other part of the track.

Last edited:
Well worth a watch this. Looks like I won’t be hitting that “retry” button in TT now. Have to say I’ve always found on my 2nd lap in TT I was able to go quicker.

This video is quite inlighting.
First of all I didn't know about the possibility to get live data from GT7. It would be interesting to understand what "hidden" info other that tyre temp can be shown.
Second (and most important): for not-that-consistent drivers like me it's difficult to figure out the root cause of the incostinstency. It's not abviously all on tyre temp, but realizing how big of a role they play can help diagnose what it happening
Last, I'm curious to understand also how off-track detours / spin affect tyres and how much time is needed to get them back to "normal"

My first time driving Nürburgring Sprint, and I have to say that the pace reminds me of LA traffic. Slow, fast.. no wait, slow again. Why is this turn so sharp? Oh yeah, they're doing road construction again. Hey, an orange pylon - I think I'll just drive right over it. Why did I buy a sports car in LA when you can't even let it out occasionally?

My first time driving Nürburgring Sprint, and I have to say that the pace reminds me of LA traffic. Slow, fast.. no wait, slow again. Why is this turn so sharp? Oh yeah, they're doing road construction again. Hey, an orange pylon - I think I'll just drive right over it. Why did I buy a sports car in LA when you can't even let it out occasionally?
Just doing a couple of laps there felt longer than my work shift.

Watkins Glen for the week it is!

Whoever called that thing 'sprint' needs a slap.

Well darn.... I made A this morning.

But I haven't signed up for manu's yet. I'll get crushed in the GT1 league! But there's still time. I won't intentionally tank but I've had A twice before; once for 2 weeks and again for 2 days. OTOH, it's just fake points in a fake driving game, right??

I do feel like my qualifying is getting better so maybe it will stick this time around?

I got along with DT reverse last week, stared down the chicken of death many times without blinking. The update didn't affect my driving style too much. I held my own at Brands also.

I took advantage of monday morning's races, with a pretty strong mixed lobby. Started P5 and finished P5 at Watkins in the 911 - it is really easy to drive there. I tried the supra but wasn;t "feeling" it. I might try a few others this week. Ran a few qualy laps in race b but haven't run it yet.

Well darn.... I made A this morning.

But I haven't signed up for manu's yet. I'll get crushed in the GT1 league! But there's still time. I won't intentionally tank but I've had A twice before; once for 2 weeks and again for 2 days. OTOH, it's just fake points in a fake driving game, right??
You should be matched against other low As - unless the numbers for the reduced slots are really low and you end up with the aliens 👽
Give it a go - you may surprise yourself.

Last edited:
You should be matched against other low As - unless the numbers for the reduced slots are really slow and you end up with the aliens 👽
Give it a go - you may surprise yourself.
I think what happened to me is the latter. On my EMEA account anyway. When I was high/maxed out B I was starting in the top three and getting wins/podiums. As soon as it clicked over to A, I was starting P12 with a lobby of A+s :lol: . My quali time wasn't prepared for that.

I don't remember it being like that on my #1 account. It was much more seamless transition.

Last edited:
I think what happened to me is the latter. On my EMEA account anyway. When I was high/maxed out B I was starting in the top three and getting wins/podiums. As soon as it clicked over to A, I was starting P12 with a lobby of A+s :lol: . My quali time wasn't prepared for that.

I don't remember it being like that on my #1 account. It was much more seamless transition.
yeah, it really depends. My morning races are always mixed B-A+ lobbys and it's been like that forever even when I am mid-B. We'll see what happens tonight, I often got all B lobbys, but not always. Sunday afternoon, I was in a lobby with more A+ than As and two Bs (me for one, a pixel breadth from A).

I was actually debating about hurrying up and signing up for manu, 'just-in-case'!

Really enjoying Race C so far. The Supra and the M6 are fast in FP but the combination of tyre wear and instability really bites them late in the race.

The RSR and the RCZ are both very quick and have good tyre wear. I’ve run top 3 in both. The R.S.01 also looks like a viable option.
I took advantage of monday morning's races, with a pretty strong mixed lobby. Started P5 and finished P5 at Watkins in the 911 - it is really easy to drive there. I tried the supra but wasn;t "feeling" it. I might try a few others this week. Ran a few qualy laps in race b but haven't run it yet.
The RCZ is incredibly stable. I even drove it at Dragon Trail last week. The RSR will always be good. But if you're into the MR thing, since they're more stable now, I'd try the McLaren. It has power that the RSR doesn't after the update. The RS 01 might be good too. I haven't tried the Ferrari yet either. On the other hand, the Mustang has always been strong at WG so might be worth a go.

I'll do some more tests in the next day or two and give some impressions then.

yeah, it really depends. My morning races are always mixed B-A+ lobbys and it's been like that forever even when I am mid-B. We'll see what happens tonight, I often got all B lobbys, but not always. Sunday afternoon, I was in a lobby with more A+ than As and two Bs (me for one, a pixel breadth from A).

I was actually debating about hurrying up and signing up for manu, 'just-in-case'!
Might not be a bad idea, honestly. If for no other reason, the extra time slots! Remember, if you join in GT1 category, you only get three time slots per race.

The RCZ is incredibly stable. I even drove it at Dragon Trail last week. The RSR will always be good. But if you're into the MR thing, since they're more stable now, I'd try the McLaren. It has power that the RSR doesn't after the update. The RS 01 might be good too. I haven't tried the Ferrari yet either. On the other hand, the Mustang has always been strong at WG so might be worth a go.

I'll do some more tests in the next day or two and give some impressions then.
Don't look passed the Lambo, too. I haven't tried it at WG, but it was insanely stable at DT-R after the update. Problem is, once the tires started to wear, it turned back into the Lambo we all know and hate.

Last edited:
Back