GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
Well darn.... I made A this morning.

But I haven't signed up for manu's yet. I'll get crushed in the GT1 league! But there's still time. I won't intentionally tank but I've had A twice before; once for 2 weeks and again for 2 days. OTOH, it's just fake points in a fake driving game, right??

I do feel like my qualifying is getting better so maybe it will stick this time around?

I got along with DT reverse last week, stared down the chicken of death many times without blinking. The update didn't affect my driving style too much. I held my own at Brands also.

I took advantage of monday morning's races, with a pretty strong mixed lobby. Started P5 and finished P5 at Watkins in the 911 - it is really easy to drive there. I tried the supra but wasn;t "feeling" it. I might try a few others this week. Ran a few qualy laps in race b but haven't run it yet.
Nice one on the DR A.
If you go onto the Manufactures page does it tell you are entering GT1 League? The only reason I question this is that I've seen DR A drivers in GT2 leagues. Obviously these drivers could have made the jump to DR A during the season but just seeing if B is the cut off?

Might not be a bad idea, honestly. If for no other reason, the extra time slots! Remember, if you join in GT1 category, you only get three time slots per race.

Don't look passed the Lambo, too. I haven't tried it at WG, but it was insanely stable at DT-R after the update. Problem is, once the tires started to wear, it turned back into the Lambo we all know and hate.
I raced Daily C earlier and the Lambo behind me was quick at the start, but once we got to lap 7/8 the Lambo dropped off. Still have the replay save so I might check to see what happened to the tyre on that car. Also the drivers name was "xxxxxx in VR" so I wonder if VR played a part in the tyres too

Nice one on the DR A.
If you go onto the Manufactures page does it tell you are entering GT1 League? The only reason I question this is that I've seen DR A drivers in GT2 leagues. Obviously these drivers could have made the jump to DR A during the season but just seeing if B is the cut off?
haven't tried, but like you, I always assumed As in GT2 were promoted after they signed. I would imagine there might be Bs in the GT1 lower lobbies as well.

Don't look passed the Lambo, too. I haven't tried it at WG, but it was insanely stable at DT-R after the update. Problem is, once the tires started to wear, it turned back into the Lambo we all know and hate.
I drove behind a Lambo in my one race and it was one of the A+ drivers I often see. Unfortunately he was all over the place, sliding sideways as much as forwards. He was probably over driving it, for sure, and the first couple of cold laps are tough, but it made me not want to try it! 🤣

Had some great fun today playing race B and C. Finally got out of the DR D I dug myself a few months ago.

Didn’t get a win. Today was all about P2 and getting to DR C. I hope I can play more this week. Race C is too good.

Btw, I used the BRZ only for race C. The downforce and tyre wear is a good match, if a little slow compared with the Supra.

Hold on to your hats...PD have finally made a quality of life improvement. Invalidating laps for wall pens opposed to penalties. This is in QT on race C. It seems to work quite well so far. No more restarting everytime as the pen screws up 2 laps

When did they change this? This morning I had a few penalties in QT.

Not sure if I'll do as much of this week's Daily Race A as I did last race, as those Sambabus races were probably some of the most fun I've had with only 33 horsepower. I also would've preferred a different venue for the Mazda3 rather than Tsukuba - perhaps Grand Valley Short, though we did recently have a Daily Race A there featuring the Porsche 911 Carrera RS CS. Still could be fun driving this 4WD machine at Tsukuba.

Last edited:
My first time driving Nürburgring Sprint, and I have to say that the pace reminds me of LA traffic. Slow, fast.. no wait, slow again. Why is this turn so sharp? Oh yeah, they're doing road construction again. Hey, an orange pylon - I think I'll just drive right over it. Why did I buy a sports car in LA when you can't even let it out occasionally?
the only good part of the Nurburgring sprint layout is the part where it connects to the Nordschleif and you drive a real circuit for 8 minutes or so

I put about 30 minutes each on Race B and C qualifying and had some interesting results compared to the list of rankings.

Race B - Didn't even bother with the Arenza. Tried the AMG first and managed a measley 1:34:1 and then jumped into the GT-R and after about 7 laps I set a 1:33:2 and hopped over to Watkins Glen.

Race C - Tried the GTR again but the gearing doesn't match the speed you need to carry heading into corners so gave up after a couple of laps.

I saw @ILLEAGLE_34 managed a respectable time in the McLaren and tried it out too with similar results.

Then I tried the Supra since I'm still in sync with driving it at Dragon Trail and went quicker without too much extra fuss.

Will try and improve the McLaren time tomorrow and if I don't, will focus on the Supra.

Attachments

• 18747df226852-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18747df226852-screenshotUrl.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 18747df34ac45-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18747df34ac45-screenshotUrl.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 18747df50e439-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18747df50e439-screenshotUrl.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 13
  • 1874843af8377-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1874843af8377-screenshotUrl.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 187484396f24-screenshotUrl.jpg
    187484396f24-screenshotUrl.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 18748437c3a71-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18748437c3a71-screenshotUrl.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 13
zjn
This video is quite inlighting.
First of all I didn't know about the possibility to get live data from GT7. It would be interesting to understand what "hidden" info other that tyre temp can be shown.
Second (and most important): for not-that-consistent drivers like me it's difficult to figure out the root cause of the incostinstency. It's not abviously all on tyre temp, but realizing how big of a role they play can help diagnose what it happening
Last, I'm curious to understand also how off-track detours / spin affect tyres and how much time is needed to get them back to "normal"
Yeah the app you need is android only, and it’s called Sim Dashboard. Has a some useful stuff on there, but I only use it mainly for long races that have fuel saving. I’m rubbish at trying to count down the lap and work out how much fuel is left.

————————

So ran a Daily Race C today and I thought it was great. Started P3 and finished P2. The race was pretty straight forward, but I did have a good battle with the Lambo behind me.
In this race I also screen recorded my tyre info to see what was happening and I think tyre temps are playing a huge role now in how tyres are lasting. So I’ve not properly tested this but my theory is this. I think when the tyres get too hot they are not cooling down enough. So I ran a practice lobby and did a few spins and the tyre app was showing hot tyres. As I got going again the tyres were running 3/4 degrees hotter every lap than in my race, and the temps were not coming back down like they were in race either. It’s looking like cooked tyres are wearing fast. Also in a few streams too I’ve heard the streamer saying the tyre have no grip and they were involved in crash.

This is my race from earlier if anyone interested also with the tyre temps showing. Might help some might not. If I have a race where I’m involved in a spin/crash I’ll try upload that too as comparison.

My reliable AMG has been nerfed into oblivion. Giving the Renault a go instead for race C. 48.0 after a quick few laps - not sure where that’ll put me in low B.

Avoiding anything Nurburgish as usual so race B is out.

Well I’m not doing race C again. Ran wide at the chute (turn 6), hard on the brakes but still lightly tapped the wall. 5 sec penalty. Meanwhile people cutting the chicane get 1 sec at most, people deliberately ramming you get 2 (if the penalty is even applied).

Quit immediately (dropping my SR to A). A pity as I was 6th on the grid. Haven’t been that high up in a DR B Daily for ages.

Last edited:
I don't know what they've done to road cars but dude Race A feels utterly soulless.
No character in the car whatsoever - the comfort tyres just have an insanely high amount of grip now and it overrides any feeling or uniqueness that the car has. It feels like driving a Gr.3 car on the old physics. Ridiculous.

Most unfulfilling top 30 laptime of my life, lol.

Last edited:
Just going to treat this week as qualification practise (I need it)

And now for something completely different.

I shared my QT for C, :47.8
Tagged grp14, gtplanet, tpc

Thanks for the motivation. Don’t know how to share my own effort - a 1:47.770 in the M6.

Need some meta lessons, couldn’t get the Supra below a 1:49. Ferrari was a 1:48, Lambo probably faster but I can’t keep it on track long enough.

Attachments

• 6A45448F-87AD-4F3C-8044-54CFEBE55C50.jpeg
    6A45448F-87AD-4F3C-8044-54CFEBE55C50.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Well I’m not doing race C again. Ran wide at the chute (turn 6), hard on the brakes but still lightly tapped the wall. 5 sec penalty. Meanwhile people cutting the chicane get 1 sec at most, people deliberately ramming you get 2 (if the penalty is even applied).

Quit immediately (dropping my SR to A). A pity as I was 6th on the grid. Haven’t been that high up in a DR B Daily for ages.
That turn (if it’s the one I’m thinking of) has always had weird shenanigans associated with the penalties. They can’t ever seem to get it right. I’ve been pushed off there many times and somehow get “leaving the track” penalties trying to get back on because they have weirdly defined track limits at that one spot. Add the wall situation and I can’t really figure out what’s making them lose their minds for that one particular spot.

Last edited:
Had a decent first-day QT for Nürburgring Sprint, so I thought I'd give the race a shot. I figured I'd be near the top of a B lobby. Instead I got this:

1680563899618.png

Just as well, since I obviously need some work on this track.

Watch what happened when I accidentally tried to divebomb the first turn - is it possible PD has found a way to solve the divebombing problem? 33 second video:

EDIT: By the way, try the Lancer on this track. Quite good.

Last edited:
I'm at a 47.7 with the R8 which feel fantastic through the curves. Not sure what the hell PD got paid by Toyota to buff the Supra but holy hell that thing needs a nerf asap. It's so fast I can't imagine it not utterly dominating every single race in Gr.3.

I haven't had much time lately but I ran a quick A, B, C tonight.

I thought A would be fun but it was mostly bumper cars first two laps then trying to catch back up the rest of the race. I found it quite boring.

Wasn't expecting much from B but it was more fun than I anticipated. I quickly jumped into the wrx without qualifying. I moved up 5 positions and managed to better my lap times each lap. Racing was fair with a lot of different strengths and weakness sector to sector. These types of tracks/races always have good racing moments.

Race C was my highest expectation but I felt it dragged on and overstayed its welcome a bit.

Out of time tonight but I see it as being a decent week of racing. Hopefully I can match some of your QT times.

Very excited to run some races at my "home" track at Watkins Glen this week. The only problem is that my old reliable Mustang has entered under-steer city. I cannot seem to get the car to turn in at all. However, I'm still trying to get the physics down for the Gr.3 Mustang so that is probably part of my problems. I did set a decent time in the Supra and I wasn't going to let that slide as I'd rather not use the META car if I don't have to. I did eventually get to a 1:38 flat with a 1:37.6XX for an optimal time. Which I think I can do once I stop sliding all over the place in the corners.

Update: shutting down for the night. Probably back tomorrow night.

Daily Race C practice lobby setup on Watkins Glen matching the daily race settings.
It's called daily race c practice - Watkins Glen
(long). Or search for "V. Room"
Feel free to join.
Good practice for the daily race.

12 lap race
Gr. 3
RH tires
6x tire
2x fuel
All BoP and track settings match daily race

Last edited:
I did two B races and concluded B is for Bumper Cars. My word, DR B and supposedly SR S has some terrible and outright dirty drivers. B was a complete sh^t show. Probably won’t race that again this week.

A was interesting but ultimately slow.. don’t see doing much of that this week.

Haven't driven C yet. Might not get the chance; have to pull my entertainment area apart tomorrow night for electricians the next day…

Last edited:
@CMB350 good to see you in my first B race tonight. Sorry you got murdered on lap 1. Lots of trading paint in that race.
I tussled a bit with a guy in the first few turns and then he moved on to mess with folks ahead of me. He push passed the guy in front of me and I watched as the positioning for a torpedo launch was in play. Last lap at the chicane the launch but miss took place so I moved up one position and on the final turn the guy causing the ruckus on lap one, punted p2 to take the position. Not pretty. I ended p4 and felt fortunate to survive the first Monday stint in B race.
Crazy track.

Raced to two more times and had a p10 in a cleaner A/B mixed lobby and my final race was a B/S but faster paced than race 2. Finished p7 after some hard but clean battles so happy to get a couple in for Monday evening.

I was able to put a reasonable QT for B race in the RCZ which was just enough to give @GrumpyOldMan an early morning target which he will destroy rather quickly. 🙄

Put a few laps in for C race QT but too late to race by then so maybe catch that one tomorrow.
RCZ feels good at WG too and was able to get a 1:47.4 which seems ok for my abilities. There’s still more to gain because it likes to be pushed hard and I didn’t spend much time at it. Grips way better than when I tried it in some lobbies yesterday.
Highly recommended the RCZ if you’re struggling to find a good fit.

That’s a bit rapid! My only race so far at C/S had the pole guy on 48.3

What did you do that in?
Audi R8 LMS '15

Thanks for the motivation. Don’t know how to share my own effort - a 1:47.770 in the M6.
When you exit out you get to the QT screen and you can save Replay, pick "Save fastest lap" and tag it with GTP or GTP14.
Now everyone can add your replay to collection and load the ghost

Last edited:
Back