GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
The RCZ is incredibly stable. I even drove it at Dragon Trail last week. The RSR will always be good. But if you're into the MR thing, since they're more stable now, I'd try the McLaren. It has power that the RSR doesn't after the update. The RS 01 might be good too. I haven't tried the Ferrari yet either. On the other hand, the Mustang has always been strong at WG so might be worth a go.

I'll do some more tests in the next day or two and give some impressions then.
I've done some FP laps in the McLaren and the Renault now. The McLaren is very planted and I probably prefer it to the RCZ, but they're both very similar for lap times in my hands. The R.S.01 is quick, but it's much less planted and has a tendency to slide if your entry speed is slightly too fast. I imagine this impacts tyre wear as well.

All in all, I am still a LOT faster in the RSR than any of these. My best laps in the RCZ/650s are high 46s. My best RSR lap is a 46.3.

I've done a 46.4 in the Supra, but I've never really gotten along with that car.

Got pipped for a win at Watkins Glen yesterday by someone who drove from the back with no qualy, was clearly a second a lap faster than everyone. Very frustrating as I was caught and passed on the last lap after a good battle at the front to take the lead.

In the moment I very much felt I'd been robbed of a win by someone who shouldn't really be in the lobby in the first place, I don't know, I have mixed emotions on it after some time to let it settle.

Thought from you guys?

I don't know if was on an alt account or what, was promoting his youtube (which I forgot to note down) and maybe doing a last to first challenge?

Frustrating as someone who'd worked hard in qualy to start 3rd, battled my way into 2nd and took 1st after the guy ahead spun - on my way to a rare win.

I tussled a bit with a guy in the first few turns and then he moved on to mess with folks ahead of me. He push passed the guy in front of me and I watched as the positioning for a torpedo launch was in play. Last lap at the chicane the launch but miss took place so I moved up one position and on the final turn the guy causing the ruckus on lap one, punted p2 to take the position. Not pretty. I ended p4 and felt fortunate to survive the first Monday stint in B race.
Crazy
I had a similar racer who appeared to be taking deliberate aim for other cars. It wasn’t just one either. These were supposed S sportsman’s. Perhaps they were having a bad night and were taking it out of others but it was crazy as you say.

@CMB350 good to see you in my first B race tonight. Sorry you got murdered on lap 1. Lots of trading paint in that race.
I tussled a bit with a guy in the first few turns and then he moved on to mess with folks ahead of me. He push passed the guy in front of me and I watched as the positioning for a torpedo launch was in play. Last lap at the chicane the launch but miss took place so I moved up one position and on the final turn the guy causing the ruckus on lap one, punted p2 to take the position. Not pretty. I ended p4 and felt fortunate to survive the first Monday stint in B race.
Crazy track.

Raced to two more times and had a p10 in a cleaner A/B mixed lobby and my final race was a B/S but faster paced than race 2. Finished p7 after some hard but clean battles so happy to get a couple in for Monday evening.

I was able to put a reasonable QT for B race in the RCZ which was just enough to give @GrumpyOldMan an early morning target which he will destroy rather quickly. 🙄

Put a few laps in for C race QT but too late to race by then so maybe catch that one tomorrow.
RCZ feels good at WG too and was able to get a 1:47.4 which seems ok for my abilities. There’s still more to gain because it likes to be pushed hard and I didn’t spend much time at it. Grips way better than when I tried it in some lobbies yesterday.
Highly recommended the RCZ if you’re struggling to find a good fit.
I gotta get my priorities straight and get a PS5 so I can actually get to race with most of everyone in here.
#slacker🍻

I drove behind a Lambo in my one race and it was one of the A+ drivers I often see. Unfortunately he was all over the place, sliding sideways as much as forwards. He was probably over driving it, for sure, and the first couple of cold laps are tough, but it made me not want to try it! 🤣

Lambo struggles a lot in chicanes, so I imagine the bus stop chicane is a pain at Watkins Glen with it. I do a league with the Huracan GT3, and while they fixed the massive snapping it had in hairpins, it still struggles in chicanes, even with setups. Was very annoying doing a 1 hr 10-15 min race at Nurburgring GP. Lost like 4-5 tenths per lap just in the slow chicane at the end, compared to a rival M6 and AMG, I was absolutely fuming 😤 Over 30+ laps that makes up around 10+ sec loss, which is just horrible..

I love race C, but struggeling in choosing my favorit car.

I tired the porsche, but it is too scetchy esp. at the end of the race

RCZ: great for me in qualy (1:47:072) but at the end of the race to hard to drive

Nissan GT `18: very easy to drive, decent speed, but the front left tire gave up at lap 10

BMW M6: not my best qualy car, but with the best overall race pace, not too easy to drive, you have to ride it steady and not overdrive the car. but the tires were the best at the end.

Will try the supra next, but I believe the tirewear is not good enough for my driving style...

Last edited:
Got pipped for a win at Watkins Glen yesterday by someone who drove from the back with no qualy, was clearly a second a lap faster than everyone. Very frustrating as I was caught and passed on the last lap after a good battle at the front to take the lead.

In the moment I very much felt I'd been robbed of a win by someone who shouldn't really be in the lobby in the first place, I don't know, I have mixed emotions on it after some time to let it settle.

Thought from you guys?

I don't know if was on an alt account or what, was promoting his youtube (which I forgot to note down) and maybe doing a last to first challenge?

Frustrating as someone who'd worked hard in qualy to start 3rd, battled my way into 2nd and took 1st after the guy ahead spun - on my way to a rare win.
I am aware of a couple of these folk who do it on a regular basis. Most have thousands of online races already. They seem quite happy to “adjust” their DR rating so as to maximise their win percentage allowing them to put last to first videos on You Tube. Why do they think folk want to watch such “races”?

It seems quite common for well known streamers to also indulge in the last/first practice. ”Influencing” seems an appropriate term in such cases.

It seems likely that we will all encounter such antics if we race online. The only option seems to be to just shrug your shoulders and move on.

I don't know what they've done to road cars but dude Race A feels utterly soulless.
No character in the car whatsoever - the comfort tyres just have an insanely high amount of grip now and it overrides any feeling or uniqueness that the car has. It feels like driving a Gr.3 car on the old physics. Ridiculous.

Most unfulfilling top 30 laptime of my life, lol.
Couldn't agree more. Not sure why, whether it's the car, the track, or the new physics... but this race just feels blah. I was really looking forward to race A this week but have been disappointed. I think soulless describes this one perfectly. All that and it's a strain on my wrists trying to turn the wheel enough to make T1 and that last hairpin.

Anyway, got my win so was able to check that off the list.

0bee7003a593b0e07c87ec2eb3683a4b_photo.webp

Couldn't agree more. Not sure why, whether it's the car, the track, or the new physics... but this race just feels blah. I was really looking forward to race A this week but have been disappointed. I think soulless describes this one perfectly. All that and it's a strain on my wrists trying to turn the wheel enough to make T1 and that last hairpin.

I said it feels like racing in a Sippy Cup, it’s just so safe.

It like the car is equipped with TCS 5, on top of the comfort softs there’s not exactly a ton to learn. it’s a shame too because they have made the other comfort tires viable options, but on a car this slow I just don’t see how they ended up choosing softs.

that plus a ton of “block the faster car on the straight”, which is now very common…. probably not another Race A for me this week. Qualifying is interesting with the changing tire dynamics etc but it’s such a boring race.

And I saw someone compare the Race B track to city traffic, I couldn’t agree more. Even complete with the “cross over 4 busy lanes to make my turn” anxiety!

I've done some experimenting and I think it's the new tyre model honestly.

Both comfort and sports tyres seem to have wayyyy more grip than they should do and so the unique way of driving road cars from the previous physics is completely gone.
In it's place you just have grippy tyres that to me override the character of the car and make them all feel very similar to drive. I do think the update was a big downgrade in that department.

Congratulations on the win though. It's certainly a fun race on paper.

Same here, except for getting the win...😆

I only did one race, started from pole (surprisingly, after having done less than ten laps qualifying, because somehow it didn't feel worth the effort). Screwed up the launch and got swallowed by the pack, lots of dirty driving with me retaliating once, as I have to admit, P5 in the end, but it left me rather emotionless...

Hopefully it's just the car, and they give us cars that drive less "user-friendly" in the coming races...

Edit: okay, latest scientific studies (thanks @Nebuc72) seem to prove that it's the tyres. Not good.😬

Last edited:
Very excited to run some races at my "home" track at Watkins Glen this week. The only problem is that my old reliable Mustang has entered under-steer city. I cannot seem to get the car to turn in at all. However, I'm still trying to get the physics down for the Gr.3 Mustang so that is probably part of my problems. I did set a decent time in the Supra and I wasn't going to let that slide as I'd rather not use the META car if I don't have to. I did eventually get to a 1:38 flat with a 1:37.6XX for an optimal time. Which I think I can do once I stop sliding all over the place in the corners.
My second fastest quali time was in the Mustang. Keep at it! You have to wrestle it a lot, but once you find the balance you’ll get it going. The Mustang has always been good at this track.
I love race C, but struggeling in choosing my favorit car.

I tired the porsche, but it is too scetchy esp. at the end of the race

RCZ: great for me in qualy (1:47:072) but at the end of the race to hard to drive

Nissan GT `18: very easy to drive, decent speed, but the front left tire gave up at lap 10

BMW M6: not my best qualy car, but with the best overall race pace, not too easy to drive, you have to ride it steady and not overdrive the car. but the tires were the best at the end.

Will try the supra next, but I believe the tirewear is not good enough for my driving style...
Are you using traction control to help save the tires? This is really a situation where every little slip and slide adds up by lap 9 or so.

Ok, so I’ve discovered in actual races that I’m losing an entire half second to other drivers in sector three. I’m fine everywhere else, but what the heck am I missing? Is there something about the hairpin that I don’t know about that helps accelerate into the last sector? This is where I’m losing races so far this week.

I say “losing” but really I mean consistent P2/P3. At this rate I may be approaching my goal of becoming an A+ drover! (I hope I didn’t just jinx myself)

The things people are saying about the new tyre wear don't fill me with confidence going into another Manu Season... Tyre conservation has always been my weak point, and although I've improved on that front recently, I still don't rate my chances when the tyre multiplier is high enough to be a consideration.

I even ended up doing a 2-stop for the recent Audi DTM race at Brands Hatch. I just couldn't hang on.

The things people are saying about the new tyre wear don't fill me with confidence going into another Manu Season... Tyre conservation has always been my weak point, and although I've improved on that front recently, I still don't rate my chances when the tyre multiplier is high enough to be a consideration.

I even ended up doing a 2-stop for the recent Audi DTM race at Brands Hatch. I just couldn't hang on.
I for one am loving it.

My tyres at the end of the race:

Captain America GIF

Thought from you guys?

I'm doing the same thing currently on the Europe servers. I find its unfair for me as a DR A/B driver to into C/D lobbies with the top qualifying time and walk away to a 30+ second win. I start from the back and make it a challenge to pass all the new/bad/slow drivers and get the win.

If you're mad that they came all the way to the back and passed on the last lap, just imagine you never seeing the back of their car knowing you never have a chance to win as long as they are in your lobbies.

New accounts still need to rank up and we want to do it in a way that makes it bearable. Starting from the front and running away is no different than the single player AI races and it's boring.

Last edited:
My second fastest quali time was in the Mustang. Keep at it! You have to wrestle it a lot, but once you find the balance you’ll get it going. The Mustang has always been good at this track.

Are you using traction control to help save the tires? This is really a situation where every little slip and slide adds up by lap 9 or so.

Ok, so I’ve discovered in actual races that I’m losing an entire half second to other drivers in sector three. I’m fine everywhere else, but what the heck am I missing? Is there something about the hairpin that I don’t know about that helps accelerate into the last sector? This is where I’m losing races so far this week.

I say “losing” but really I mean consistent P2/P3. At this rate I may be approaching my goal of becoming an A+ drover! (I hope I didn’t just jinx myself)
No, I am not using TC, might be easier, but I do not want to use it anymore except in the rain or at a standing start.

New accounts still need to rank up and we want to do it in a way that makes it bearable. Starting from the front and running away is no different than the single player AI races and it's boring.
But it is less disruptive to other players going about their business in lobbies properly matched to their abilities. Seems a bit selfish. I have a backup account but I didn't hang around the lower lobbies or do pass challenges, I just got out of there as fast as the system would level me up, in the way least disruptive to others' races. The only wins I had on that one were from running pole to flag.

Last edited:
that right-hand uphill turn on Watkins Glen has created some fantastic chaos. especially when everyone's tyres are glowing red, I think it's probably the most obvious example of the physics change so far - too heavy too soon and you spin instantly

If someone is struggling with this turn, stay off the inside. There’s a bump that causes the snap.

When you exit out you get to the QT screen and you can save Replay, pick "Save fastest lap" and tag it with GTP or GTP14.
Now everyone can add your replay to collection and load the ghost

Why GTP14?

If someone is struggling with this turn, stay off the inside. There’s a bump that causes the snap.
But if you do that and choose the outside (in the race), someone will absolutely take the inside and run you wide on the exit, or get that snap overtsteer and slam into you.

Had a decent first-day QT for Nürburgring Sprint, so I thought I'd give the race a shot. I figured I'd be near the top of a B lobby. Instead I got this:

View attachment 1245149

Just as well, since I obviously need some work on this track.

Watch what happened when I accidentally tried to divebomb the first turn - is it possible PD has found a way to solve the divebombing problem? 33 second video:

EDIT: By the way, try the Lancer on this track. Quite good.

That’s to do with track limits, that reset. Not diving.

But if you do that and choose the outside (in the race), someone will absolutely take the inside and run you wide on the exit, or get that snap overtsteer and slam into you.

That can definitely happen yes. If you have to go defensive maybe it’s best to stay on the inside. They may get a better exit going on the outside because they can put the power down earlier.

And be careful if you’re following someone. I’ve spun after hitting someone who lost the tail and the other driver was able to go on.

First "Sport" race in a looooong time last night, Gr3 at the Glen. I was pleasantly surprised by the grip of the RH's and the wear- I was able to drive around the wreckers and actually run a consistent pace. Q'd at 1:50 and change in the RS.01, ran 8th to 5th, and had a great time. Most of the race was me barely staying ahead of P6 and barely catching P4, and it was awesome. The RS is a little hard on rears, so I'll be trying some of my other favorites. If this what 1.31 brings to Sport, I'm interested again...

I for one am loving it.

My tyres at the end of the race:

Captain America GIF
Can't say I've noticed much of the physics change or of the tire model. I'm just not that good a driver and don't notice such things. With my only 4 months of driving GT7, I'm still trying to figure out particular cars and tracks so I just go with the flow. Whatever the game serves up to me I work with. I have no expectations. So far, I'm liking the current update once I adjusted. Then again, this is my daily driver so finding the nuances of handling is not something you usually find with a MB Sprinter van/come RV.... :D
IMG_0944 - 20200625 at 025028.jpeg

Thought from you guys?

I'm doing the same thing currently on the Europe servers. I find its unfair for me as a DR A/B driver to into C/D lobbies with the top qualifying time and walk away to a 30+ second win. I start from the back and make it a challenge to pass all the new/bad/slow drivers and get the win.

If you're mad that they came all the way to the back and passed on the last lap, just imagine you never seeing the back of their car knowing you never have a chance to win as long as they are in your lobbies.

As another with a fresh "alt" account I noticed that I was definitely one of those that was significantly faster than say 80% of the field but I also noticed that there was often times when there was a DR D or DR C driver that was obviously a DR A capable driver in the field who would just rocket away as well. That said, I never had the skill or ability over other DR D drivers to be a back to front type of driver; just not that good. Currently I am DR C and honestly that is probably my natural skill level. I find the DR C lobbies more fun to drive than my current DR B. Perhaps that is because I am more competitive and have more top 5 finishes and occasional wins. I just don't get wins currently in DR B and I am unusually thankful if I make it to top 8.

My main DR B account might make me the better driver in the long run competing with higher grade talent, but usually after a hammering there that knocks my DR back, it is nice to jump over to my alt DR C account and have some feel good driving. Of course my alt account is steadily improving and it actually won't be long before the two gain balance...

Why GTP14?
It is because it is week 14 for the weekly races. I usually tag mine with both "gtp" and "gtpww "with ww being the week number, along with "thenormsk".

Last edited:
Yeah the app you need is android only, and it’s called Sim Dashboard.
There's an app for iOS too. And a thread on the subject:
I did two B races and concluded B is for Bumper Cars. My word, DR B and supposedly SR S has some terrible and outright dirty drivers. B was a complete sh^t show. Probably won’t race that again this week.
It's early in the week on a new track. Give people a chance to get used to the track before you dismiss it. At least, that's my thought. I may change my tune in a day or two. :lol:

It's early in the week on a new track. Give people a chance to get used to the track before you dismiss it. At least, that's my thought. I may change my tune in a day or two. :lol:
I would give you that apart from the driver where I was two wide on the straight entering the new shortcut and while there was plenty of room for both of us, he kept of side swiping me, trying to knock me off track... Of course, he may have also been drunk and unable to drive in a straight line. :confused:

I should turn those races into a video. Might be entertaining, or demoralizing. Can't decide...

You need to make use of the camber and balance throttle and steering input. In the Porsche I brake at about 140 ft, get into the middle of the track where the camber starts, coast briefly to rotate it and then progressively (but rapidly) open the throttle. If you get it just right you’ll drift to that small bit of wider tarmac on exit.

A lot of guys either go wide in and late apex, or try and keep it really tight to the inside. I find both of these slow me down because you can’t get on the throttle soon enough.

Oh man this weeks Daily C has made me fall in love with GT7 Sports mode again. What a Race!

Only done the two as a little free time but two great races.

Race 1 started P7 and finished P6. Not much happened really but had some close racing between a Porsche, M6 & a Supra, with myself in the GTR 18.
M6 driver was pretty quick but was still able to hang on the back, but they managed to pass the Porsche ahead. As for me everytime I got close to Porsche it was always in the wrong parts of the track and I wasn’t able to close in the overtaking zone. Supra behind just breezed past me on straight, but then proceeded to lose it at the bus stop.

Did I run this guy off the road?

Race 2, incredible race (Might upload the full race). Started P6. Got pasted on the start by the supra behind. Supra has to be running nitros. So after following the Supra for 2 laps it looks like people are struggling to keep control of the car. Every corner it was all over the place. Got past by a M6 behind but the Supra lost it at the same time so still P6. For the next 11 laps myself and the two M6 ahead were locked into a close battle. The driver ahead just managed to defend every corner when I got close. L11 I manage to make a pass, upto P4 (leader spun mid race) now with the chance to take P3. Supra ahead (started P2) had lost the tyres. Final few corners I try to make a pass but in doing so this allowed the M6 to slip back through, then the final corner I could see the Supra on the inside was going to push the M6 into wall, I’m right behind and……… well I’ll let you watch the video 🤣🤣
Really enjoyed that race even with the ending.

But it's better for the other drivers. Because then it's maybe just a few races before ranked up.

Why GTP14

Only because this is week #14

Last edited:
Back