GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
Whilst I love the track, without a tyre strategy Race C is a couple of laps of excitement, followed by 10 laps of wondering where everyone else has gone - field gets so well spread out!

Been running the RCZ again, it hangs on to it's grip really well for the whole race. Gives you some opportunities as others start to lose grip towards the end.

Last edited:
You love to see it.

Interested in your driving style in the RSR. At risk of telling a superior driver how to suck eggs, you're grabbing lower gears than me in a lot of corners. I think it's costing you time and tyre wear.

Pleasing to see that my race times in the Porsche would be VERY competitive in EMEA lobbies though.
I figured out the gears later that night, I hadn't properly tried the new physics so was still driving like the old version where you could kick it down a extra gear for the rotation on the entry, everywhere I was in 1st gear is now 2nd so I can do 47.0s on the new tyres (mid 46s with a slipstream so roughly a second off the top pace).

I'm not understanding the tyre wear though, it seems higher now even though I'm not spinning the rears on exits and being so slow with the analogue stick, the left front is fully red by half way through the last lap but the grip isn't too bad so I won't worry too much about it.

I don't think I have every complained about a track. There are some I really don't like, but there are golf courses I don't like. No biggie.

But this new Nurburgring Sprint.... I really don't like it. Did 5 laps of a TT and decided I can live with skipping any races in any cars on this track .......forever.
I don’t think it’s too bad, pretty challenging. Only problem is, that people all the time try to smash you off track and don’t get punished 🤷🏻‍♂️

But, the penalties. When you hit a wall or something, normally you won't gain anything. Why, just tell me why, do you receive a 5-second time penalty when hitting a wall? 5 seconds is just way too much.

At last! PD is finally cracking down on the villains who are touching walls on a track!! Those cheaters are ruining all the fun for the guys who are ramming them into the walls in the first place!

PD has just got their priorities bass ackwards on this penalty stuff. I realize they’re embarrassed by the wall riding stuff, but come on! Penalize extended wall contact, for ****’s sake, not simple wall contact. The lost time and car damage is enough “punishment” for wall contact.

Last edited:
I'm like a solid half second on controller this patch than I am on wheel. Bit weird.
wtf-christian-bale.gif

You love to see it.

Interested in your driving style in the RSR. At risk of telling a superior driver how to suck eggs, you're grabbing lower gears than me in a lot of corners. I think it's costing you time and tyre wear.

Pleasing to see that my race times in the Porsche would be VERY competitive in EMEA lobbies though.
I figured out the gears later that night, I hadn't properly tried the new physics so was still driving like the old version where you could kick it down a extra gear for the rotation on the entry, everywhere I was in 1st gear is now 2nd so I can do 47.0s on the new tyres (mid 46s with a slipstream so roughly a second off the top pace).

I'm not understanding the tyre wear though, it seems higher now even though I'm not spinning the rears on exits and being so slow with the analogue stick, the left front is fully red by half way through the last lap but the grip isn't too bad so I won't worry too much about it.
I’m driving the GTR on this track and I’m doing the drop a gear trick to get rotation and then back up a gear mid corner. I’ve found that come the end of the race I have better tyres then most, granted im in B lobbies.
Maybe I’ve got this wrong but doesn’t using the gear help save tyres? Surly using the gears activates the engine braking and this allows you brake less and save tyres?

This is what my tyres wear is at the end of pretty much all my races.
63814A4D-0E49-4AE3-8C1C-E11333F43514.jpeg

At last! PD is finally cracking down on the villains who are touching walls on a track!! Those cheaters are ruining all the fun of the guys who are ramming them into the walls in the first place!

PD has just got their priorities bass ackwards on this penalty stuff. I realize they’re embarrassed by the wall riding stuff, but come on! Penalize extended wall contact, for ****’s sake, not simple wall contact. The lost time and car damage is enough “punishment” for wall contact.
I was in a couple races with you last night on my American account, I saw you having a bad time with wall penalties.

5 seconds for a tap is absolutely ludicrous, that's still more(!!) than what a triple tap crash at the chicane of death would get you on the normal setting, which in itself is harsh.
You can really easily accrue 10 or 15 seconds penalty from one incident, I have no idea what the logic is.

I take it back. Daily Race B at Nürburgring Sprint is virtually impossible. All anyone has to do to get by you is give a slight tap going into any of the hairpins or sharp corners, and you're history. Even if they don't mean it, it doesn't matter.

There's no point in doing this race. It's a terrible track to race on, unless you're racing with nothing but very well-behaved drivers who are all extremely competent and know how to keep from tapping people. Otherwise, it's just a matter of time before a small tap costs you a track penalty, or worse.
I am pretty much here after a few races last night. It gets messy quick in race B this week. Last night I did have one race that was fun and competitive. The four of us (P6-P9) drove well together and shifted positions for 4 or 5 laps. I ended up P7 after making 2 passes on laps 5 and 6. Of course, I should’ve been fighting for a podium, but lap one shenanigans set me back a few positions.
I won't do Race A, and Race C is too long for my attention span, so I'm done for the week - on a Tuesday! Knowing me, I might change my mind later, but I honestly don't think so this time.
Race C with the right track and grade of cars is the best racing in this game if there is tire and pit strategy involved. If I get time I’ll probably switch to C tonight.
And since it's Masters week (a tournament I've been to twice in person), it's no great loss for me. The Masters truly is an experience like no other.
I’ve been wearing my 2022 Masters hat all week! Went last year and will continue to attempt to get back there in the future.

5 seconds for a tap is absolutely ludicrous, that's still more(!!) than what a triple tap crash at the chicane of death would get you on the normal setting, which in itself is harsh.
You can really easily accrue 10 or 15 seconds penalty from one incident, I have no idea what the logic is.
The age of logic is gone. It must be something about the barriers feelings.🙃

It was a pleasure racing with you, clean and using your brain to pick the overtakes.

And don't be starstruck, I'm just a racer like the rest of us, just run my mouth as much as my car :D
you're too modest, you're not like the rest of us, for one you invented the coolest avatar name; "Resident Knievel" :bowdown:
(and I'm saying that in the same dark voice as in the Resident Evil opener...)

I’m driving the GTR on this track and I’m doing the drop a gear trick to get rotation and then back up a gear mid corner. I’ve found that come the end of the race I have better tyres then most, granted im in B lobbies.
Maybe I’ve got this wrong but doesn’t using the gear help save tyres? Surly using the gears activates the engine braking and this allows you brake less and save tyres?

This is what my tyres wear is at the end of pretty much all my races.
View attachment 1245441
The Porsche is a very particular beast. I don’t really know why, but using lower gears seems to wear the tyres more.

I think it’s because you get maximum natural rotation when coasting, so grabbing a lower gear actually induces a slide.

For what it’s worth, my tyre wear is probably about the same as yours, maybe slightly less. I’m generally running mid to high 47s by the end of the race. High 46s on fresh rubber in clean air.

I love Watkings Glen but Im having so much pain this week with the new physics.
The worst part... I cant figure out what Im I doing wrong! so I dont even know how to improve my pace.
Im struggling at the back of the field in the same splits I was battling for podiums before the update.

I have a grup of PSN friends wich I always took as reference to make my qualy times.
Before the update we always had times +/- 0.200 or similar and now Im 1 sec slower.

Iwill be off the races until understand where is the "trick" that Iam missing so any help in advance will be much apreciated!

I'm joining the voices who are done with race B this week. My goodness, something about that combo that encourages (requires?) elbows-out driving. If you are starting midfield like myself, it is kill or be killed. Nothing was overtly dirty in my race, it just requires a blood-sport type of thinking. I found myself right there in the scrum but it is not for me.

I’ve been wearing my 2022 Masters hat all week! Went last year and will continue to attempt to get back there in the future.
That's awesome! I won't take up too much bandwidth in this thread to talk about it, except to say that for people who've never seen the course in person, you can't possibly comprehend the elevation changes, how perfect the grass is, how tall the trees are (at least, for someone not from that area), how white the sand is and how huge many of the bunkers are, how large many of the greens are yet how tiny the usable landing areas on the greens are, how immaculate the restrooms are, how amazing and cheap the food is, and how well they handle crowds - and I worked at Disneyland for 12 years so that's saying something!

hey @Bullwinkle, I know you were just worried that I was lonely in the back of race C when you took a wall penalty and joined me in the rear!

Is that debris on the uphill hairpin actually marbles or is it the camber of that corner that sucks you off track if you go too wide? And of course 10 meters across the grass is a wall, so, yeah.

I actually like the longer 12 lap sprint format on occasion, it requires a deep focus to keep up the pace. And if you are battling for each corner, it can be exhausting (in a fun way). I looked up after about 5 laps of a there way battle and it was only lap 6! Six more to go! But I solved that problem with the wall penalty and had a leisurely drive by myself at the back, until @Bullwinkle took pity on me.

My shiny new A rating is hanging on by a pixel or two this morning (but just to be clear, I don't take this too seriously or precious)

I love Watkings Glen but Im having so much pain this week with the new physics.
The worst part... I cant figure out what Im I doing wrong! so I dont even know how to improve my pace.
Im struggling at the back of the field in the same splits I was battling for podiums before the update.

I have a grup of PSN friends wich I always took as reference to make my qualy times.
Before the update we always had times +/- 0.200 or similar and now Im 1 sec slower.

Iwill be off the races until understand where is the "trick" that Iam missing so any help in advance will be much apreciated!
Just from my limited experience, don't slam on the throttle, the physics reward careful inputs and gradual transitions.

Use all the track, go from inside apex to outside kerb on exit, open the steering so you're not turning too sharp and losing grip.

I don't know about speeds yet but I'm finding it much easier to be consistent with my driving style.

The worst place to be seems to be in traffic in slow corners, slipping and sliding all over the place as can't get heat into the tire for contact - it's good stuff!

The Glen is actually the perfect place to experience the new physics and tire model over the life of a tire (looking at you front left), for a driving nerd it's a treat. perfect mix of corners and quick sections, benefits the new style (gradual throttle, open steering) and can punish if you're not careful.

Last edited:
That's awesome! I won't take up too much bandwidth in this thread to talk about it, except to say that for people who've never seen the course in person, you can't possibly comprehend the elevation changes, how perfect the grass is, how tall the trees are (at least, for someone not from that area), how white the sand is and how huge many of the bunkers are, how large many of the greens are yet how tiny the usable landing areas on the greens are, how immaculate the restrooms are, how amazing and cheap the food is, and how well they handle crowds.
It’s a special place and I’m thankful I got the opportunity to walk around the property. Another thing I always tell people is how unique it feels to see the layout in person. TV and google maps don’t give you the real perspective of it. My wife doesn’t play golf or care much about the sport, but even she appreciated everything about the experience.

To keep this post relative to this game and topic - the same things can be said about going to Daytona and experiencing the track and racing in person. The IMSA 24 hour race is something you have to experience if you are a race fan. The facility is way beyond what TV can represent and the sights, sounds, and smells from the cars cannot be replicated. Nothing beats being able to get up close and personal with the real cars we drive digitally in this game. It’s also fun to talk and interact with the drivers and crew members.

The Porsche is a very particular beast. I don’t really know why, but using lower gears seems to wear the tyres more.

I think it’s because you get maximum natural rotation when coasting, so grabbing a lower gear actually induces a slide.

For what it’s worth, my tyre wear is probably about the same as yours, maybe slightly less. I’m generally running mid to high 47s by the end of the race. High 46s on fresh rubber in clean air.
Not driven the Porsche yet on this new update. Will give it a try later if I have pace in it.
Been driving the Audi R8 a fair bit to see if it’s a viable car for Manufacturers and I’m finding it ps better in higher gears but that more down to stopping the rear from spinning up.
Im running pretty much 1.48 all race with the odd high 1.47. Coasting in 4th round the long right after the bus stop saves a fair bit in tyres I’ve found.

Have you tried the Renault? It feels rather forgiving to throttle inputs, doesn't need TC at all for me.
I'll second the Renault. It's stable even on that stupid corner with the bump that sends the Supras into the abyss. And as long as you can stay in a draft, then you can survive the straights and gain thru the tight corners.

It does not need TC, but as others have stated, I have also moved to TC1 as default because there is no disadvantage anymore.

Back