GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
I agree the Mazda3 with comfort soft tyres at Tsukuba feels soulless, but the race itself doesn't. People's pace are really close, and (sadly) you have to be ready for a dirty bump at any moment, so you are constantly trying different racing lines and the car allows you to.

I like the Mazda3, it feels and looks good. Tsukuba doesn’t rank high though, way too compact of a track for my taste.

Any time I see Tsukuba return to daily races, I'm back on GT7.
Race A has been fun as long as people keep it clean, the 0.5 second penalty is useless in the race.

Hmmmm!

Fs5FVcSXgAEDJ2l.jpg

How do we get feedback to PD? I mean, there are so many ideas and logical conclusions to the penalty system, but PD can’t hear what’s written here 🥴 I had some races B yesterday, managed some decent places 3-5 but also some double digit due to all the ramming and Nurburgring is a wreck fest at some points, till you’re lucky and get out of the pack 😵‍💫🥴they really should get decent penalties for ramming back. Best would be… car contact, both get a penalty depending on the force.

Okay, wasn’t meant as reply to that specific post 😂🫠

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it back. Daily Race B at Nürburgring Sprint is virtually impossible. All anyone has to do to get by you is give a slight tap going into any of the hairpins or sharp corners, and you're history. Even if they don't mean it, it doesn't matter.

There's no point in doing this race. It's a terrible track to race on, unless you're racing with nothing but very well-behaved drivers who are all extremely competent and know how to keep from tapping people. Otherwise, it's just a matter of time before a small tap costs you a track penalty, or worse.

I won't do Race A, and Race C is too long for my attention span, so I'm done for the week - on a Tuesday! Knowing me, I might change my mind later, but I honestly don't think so this time.

And since it's Masters week (a tournament I've been to twice in person), it's no great loss for me. The Masters truly is an experience like no other.

Last edited:
Yes, it's bad that PD thinks it is okay to pollute a lower SR S lobby with the dregs of a higher lobby.

It would be nice if the SR rankings were grouped together in preference over the DR rankings, first and foremost. Though of course someone would game that by deliberately tanking their SR in a high DR lobby to pit themselves against lower DR to get a high win rate. Humans! Why do we always have to ruin everything?

And since it's Masters week (a tournament I've been to twice in person), it's no great loss for me. The Masters truly is an experience like no other.
I bit off topic... I took up golf watching Sandy Lyle win the Masters in Augusta in 1988. Totally engrossing. Just read that he just retired from golf while also at Augusta. Fitting end. I hacked around while at university and joined a golf club for a couple years after that but realized that mountain biking was more fun so dropped it and never looked back. I was a hack at golf, I'm a bit of a hack at mountain biking and I'm a total hack at GT7! :cheers:

Last edited:
No, I am not using TC, might be easier, but I do not want to use it anymore except in the rain or at a standing start.
I was a TC0 guy for the past year, but traction control has changed with the update. TC 1 is now very mild and not intrusive at all. The only time it kicks in is when I’m about to spin out of a corner. Give it a shot and see if it help you save some tires. It won’t cut into your race time at all like it used to.

Last edited:
I take it back. Daily Race B at Nürburgring Sprint is virtually impossible. All anyone has to do to get by you is give a slight tap going into any of the hairpins or sharp corners, and you're history. Even if they don't mean it, it doesn't matter.

There's no point in doing this race. It's a terrible track to race on, unless you're racing with nothing but very well-behaved drivers who are all extremely competent and know how to keep from tapping people. Otherwise, it's just a matter of time before a small tap costs you a track penalty, or worse.

I won't do Race A, and Race C is too long for my attention span, so I'm done for the week - on a Tuesday! Knowing me, I might change my mind later, but I honestly don't think so this time.

Ohh I forgot that The Masters is on! I know what I'll be doing instead of working Thursday and Friday. Streaming!
Yeah I'm still turbo butthurt about how my one foray into Race C went this week. I can't image GR.4 at the short Nurbs circuit is any better. Push to Pass doesn't mean chrome horn it means use the button to go faster than the other guy lol

I know I preach about "contact in fender cars is nbd" but there's a vast gulf between "we rubbed side by side in a tight corner" and "car behind used me as a brake and now I have 5 seconds penalty and engine damage from hitting the wall, also I cut the course and was accelerating because of the contact so there's another 1.5 seconds penalty"

Like it's one thing to put your front bumper on their rear on corner exit just reminding them "hey I'm here" it's another altogether to just rail someone. If I wanted to do that I'd join a fight club or something.

tbh I'm really burned out on GT at the moment. Feels like PD doesn't care at all about the single player experience or we'd have races like the old games used to have. They're funneling "end game players" into sport mode and sport mode is a dumpster fire even at the very top levels (looking at the guys who wrecked Tigney in his video today". That C/B lobbies are demo derbies isn't a surprise.

There's no real punishment for dirty drivers. For example if I body slam the side of your car on the straight at watkins glen and you hit the pit lane wall that's 5 seconds for you and literally nothing for me.
Really wish there was a system to check whether or not "you" caused contact that ran someone off track/into the wall/whatever and gave you a penalty point for that and when you reach x points Sport Mode is cut off until you go through some additional training/take a month off.

Maybe if being a jerk hurt people would stop doing it. There's a reason punishment is punitive. AFTER they're punished begin rehabilitation.

Other than some Race As, I haven't really done any races this week. I am still trying to get used to this new physics/tire update. I don't like it as much as the previous version. Some say it's more realistic, some say it's not... moot point as this is what we got.

I was just doing some laps TT around WG and am starting to get a handle on the physics. Yesterday I was struggling, fighting the car all around. After about a 30 min session, a 46.4 was the best I could frustratingly muster. Today was better, I also changed the FFB (from 5.5 Nm (4.0 ft-lbs) to 7.0 Nm (5.1 ft-lbs)) on the wheel, since this last update seemed to kill a lot of the feedback. Took maybe five laps and hit a 46.0. At that point I wanted into the 45s, and even though it took a chunk more than five more laps, after a handful of 46.0s and 46.1s was able to hit a 45.910........ so at least I got that going for me.

41969c586f77af2202ff477efe93bf15_photo.webp

Other than some Race As, I haven't really done any races this week. I am still trying to get used to this new physics/tire update. I don't like it as much as the previous version. Some say it's more realistic, some say it's not... moot point as this is what we got.

I was just doing some laps TT around WG and am starting to get a handle on the physics. Yesterday I was struggling, fighting the car all around. After about a 30 min session, a 46.4 was the best I could frustratingly muster. Today was better, I also changed the FFB (from 5.5 Nm (4.0 ft-lbs) to 7.0 Nm (5.1 ft-lbs)) on the wheel, since this last update seemed to kill a lot of the feedback. Took maybe five laps and hit a 46.0. At that point I wanted into the 45s, and even though it took a chunk more than five more laps, after a handful of 46.0s and 46.1s was able to hit a 45.910........ so at least I got that going for me.

41969c586f77af2202ff477efe93bf15_photo.webp
Similar experience here. Interestingly, one one hand I still feel a bit uncomfortable with the new physics, not doing a single lap without thinking it could have been better. On the other hand my Q times seem to be quite okay for my standards, even slightly better in comparison to pre-update, which feels a bit weird. Got a 1:46,1 with the Renault (which I can really recommend at WG, without having tried any other car so far).

Race b has to one of the worst combos in a long time, the new track is so bad

Ohh I forgot that The Masters is on! I know what I'll be doing instead of working Thursday and Friday. Streaming!
Yeah I'm still turbo butthurt about how my one foray into Race C went this week. I can't image GR.4 at the short Nurbs circuit is any better. Push to Pass doesn't mean chrome horn it means use the button to go faster than the other guy lol

I know I preach about "contact in fender cars is nbd" but there's a vast gulf between "we rubbed side by side in a tight corner" and "car behind used me as a brake and now I have 5 seconds penalty and engine damage from hitting the wall, also I cut the course and was accelerating because of the contact so there's another 1.5 seconds penalty"

Like it's one thing to put your front bumper on their rear on corner exit just reminding them "hey I'm here" it's another altogether to just rail someone. If I wanted to do that I'd join a fight club or something.

tbh I'm really burned out on GT at the moment. Feels like PD doesn't care at all about the single player experience or we'd have races like the old games used to have. They're funneling "end game players" into sport mode and sport mode is a dumpster fire even at the very top levels (looking at the guys who wrecked Tigney in his video today". That C/B lobbies are demo derbies isn't a surprise.

There's no real punishment for dirty drivers. For example if I body slam the side of your car on the straight at watkins glen and you hit the pit lane wall that's 5 seconds for you and literally nothing for me.
Really wish there was a system to check whether or not "you" caused contact that ran someone off track/into the wall/whatever and gave you a penalty point for that and when you reach x points Sport Mode is cut off until you go through some additional training/take a month off.

Maybe if being a jerk hurt people would stop doing it. There's a reason punishment is punitive. AFTER they're punished begin rehabilitation.
We had the solution at the start of the gt7 life cycle, practically any contact was a penalty, but the majority cried about it, and we are back to.gt.sport penalty system, basically non existent

We had the solution at the start of the gt7 life cycle, practically any contact was a penalty, but the majority cried about it, and we are back to.gt.sport penalty system, basically non existent
yeah I don't want "any contact is a penalty" though. I want jerks punished punitively so they stop being jerks or can't play the game any more.
Like ok, you and I go into a corner side by side and we end up touching. Both of us don't lose time, no damage, nobody "hurt" anyone. We should not be penalized for that contact.

But if I divebomb you and use your door as a brake to assist in my making the corner then yes I should be punished and the punishment should be severe enough that I'm incentivized to stop doing that. I'm not sure what the solution is but I can say for sure that me hitting someone into the wall and getting 4 seconds should be more than what they get for hitting said wall and it's not.

Likewise if I sideswipe someone into the wall on the watkins front straight I didn't do anything wrong according to the game but the guy I hit did. That's wrong, unfair, and leads people to stop playing their game.

meh it's all dumb I guess lol

I figured out my understeer problem by turning down the settings on my wheel. The Mustang drove like it did pre-update so that's all good. And with that settings change, I got my time for Watkins Glen down to a 1:47.8XX with room for improvement.

I entered a race and was P11 on the grid. I was joined by @TheOneDonJuan who I didn't realize was in the room until later so a belated hello! I was to P6 for a brief moment, but was dove in on by 2 drivers and that killed my momentum and mood real quick. I hate being dove in on and being shoved out of the way. Absolutely infuriating. But that doesn't matter much when my left front tire was completely gone by lap 10. Not very fun to drive like that. Add in a few off track penalties and I was over the race by then. I finish P10 for my effort.

Now, I don't know if the Mustang is bad on tires, or I'm bad at saving tires. There was a race during the GTWS where I killed the same tire in a race at one of the Sardenga tracks. It's probably me honestly as I drive quite aggressively when I'm out there. I'll need to take it easy or find a better car for tire wear. Still a fun track to race at.

I had to upload these few laps from the end of a race yesterday, race C has been inflicted with a plague of last to first'ers this week so it was quite satisfying to keep them prisoner for a few laps:

You love to see it.

Interested in your driving style in the RSR. At risk of telling a superior driver how to suck eggs, you're grabbing lower gears than me in a lot of corners. I think it's costing you time and tyre wear.

Pleasing to see that my race times in the Porsche would be VERY competitive in EMEA lobbies though.

I figured out my understeer problem by turning down the settings on my wheel. The Mustang drove like it did pre-update so that's all good. And with that settings change, I got my time for Watkins Glen down to a 1:47.8XX with room for improvement.

I entered a race and was P11 on the grid. I was joined by @TheOneDonJuan who I didn't realize was in the room until later so a belated hello! I was to P6 for a brief moment, but was dove in on by 2 drivers and that killed my momentum and mood real quick. I hate being dove in on and being shoved out of the way. Absolutely infuriating. But that doesn't matter much when my left front tire was completely gone by lap 10. Not very fun to drive like that. Add in a few off track penalties and I was over the race by then. I finish P10 for my effort.

Now, I don't know if the Mustang is bad on tires, or I'm bad at saving tires. There was a race during the GTWS where I killed the same tire in a race at one of the Sardenga tracks. It's probably me honestly as I drive quite aggressively when I'm out there. I'll need to take it easy or find a better car for tire wear. Still a fun track to race at.
That was you in the lone Mustang! Interesting lobby that one. Some pretty fast drivers and I was way off pace in the AMG though it was easy on the tires. Hit a lone 1:48 during the race and mostly in the 1:49s. The leaders were hitting 1:46s and I gotta go back to drawing board because hitting 1:47 in TT has been a difficult affair for me let alone getting it in the race.

You love to see it.

Interested in your driving style in the RSR. At risk of telling a superior driver how to suck eggs, you're grabbing lower gears than me in a lot of corners. I think it's costing you time and tyre wear.

Pleasing to see that my race times in the Porsche would be VERY competitive in EMEA lobbies though.
I took after you and gave the Porsche a try when I was hot lapping earlier. I'm struggling to get into the 46's. It's not as fun as the 650 or the Ford GTE but it's faster for me, anyway.

I think VR is still my excuse. Not necessarily braking too early but braking too hard. Maybe it's as simple a fix as increasing my braking force.

Won a daily C in the Supra. Started 3rd, was into 2nd by the end of lap 1, bottled something and fell back to 3rd. Passed 2nd again around lap 4 or so and started chasing down 1st in a Merc. They pitted but I was also catching. Won. tbh was pretty boring, probs won't do another one.

Did sign up for the manufacturers cup though b/c while I loathe Interlagos I love Daytona RC and Nordschleif.

I took after you and gave the Porsche a try when I was hot lapping earlier. I'm struggling to get into the 46's. It's not as fun as the 650 or the Ford GTE but it's faster for me, anyway.

I think VR is still my excuse. Not necessarily braking too early but braking too hard. Maybe it's as simple a fix as increasing my braking force.
You can get OFF the brakes really early in a lot of corners in the Porsche. For example, at the downhill left if you brake briefly at the 200 board you can get in tight and get on the power well before the apex and absolutely launch out of that corner. It's also the same for most of the turns in the final sector. That's where I'm making a lot of time and it's why I don't generally change down when Max does.

Also with turn 1 the RSR just loves to rotate through that corner at full throttle if you can hit the inside rumble strip. You will initially feel like you're going to run wide, but it just sticks.

You can get OFF the brakes really early in a lot of corners in the Porsche. For example, at the downhill left if you brake briefly at the 200 board you can get in tight and get on the power well before the apex and absolutely launch out of that corner. It's also the same for most of the turns in the final sector. That's where I'm making a lot of time and it's why I don't generally change down when Max does.

Also with turn 1 the RSR just loves to rotate through that corner at full throttle if you can hit the inside rumble strip. You will initially feel like you're going to run wide, but it just sticks.
Okay, noted, thanks. This seems like it will work. I have been embracing coasting more lately; even today, though extreme trail braking is a hard habit to break. But it sounds like I should carry just a little more speed through the corners to take some time off. I'll get off the brakes earlier.

That was you in the lone Mustang! Interesting lobby that one. Some pretty fast drivers and I was way off pace in the AMG though it was easy on the tires. Hit a lone 1:48 during the race and mostly in the 1:49s. The leaders were hitting 1:46s and I gotta go back to drawing board because hitting 1:47 in TT has been a difficult affair for me let alone getting it in the race.
Yep, that was me in that white Mustang. I was off the pace even before my tires fell off. I didn't note my lap times, but I know they were bad. Still good to see a fellow member in a lobby.

I don't think I have every complained about a track. There are some I really don't like, but there are golf courses I don't like. No biggie.

But this new Nurburgring Sprint.... I really don't like it. Did 5 laps of a TT and decided I can live with skipping any races in any cars on this track .......forever.

I ran a race C in the '15 Audi R8. That was very hard on tyres. Not doing that again.

But got to race with a GTP member, although I forgot the name now. Black Ferrari in JPS colours.
Always great to see a fellow member.

Anyways, here's the tyres, this was on TCS 1.....
View attachment 1245410

Hi that was me in the black Ferrari great to race with you sir read many of ur posts over the years
Felt quite star struck 😂

At first, I had to get used to the new physics of the game since the update. Also, I never raced or driven on Watkins Glen before, but what a amazing circuit this is. On monday, I did my first race. Offcourse, still a terrible QT, but gave it a go anyway. I noticed that there can be a lot of carnage on this circuit, and when you drive as clean as possible, you can take advantage of that. I started at P13, and worked my way up to P5 afther having a triple battle between a Nissan GTR '18 and a 911. Was great and respectful racing. Race C would have been absolutely amazing if you had to make a mandatory pitstop. I like races with strategy.

But, the penalties. When you hit a wall or something, normally you won't gain anything. Why, just tell me why, do you receive a 5-second time penalty when hitting a wall? 5 seconds is just way too much.

Last edited:
Back