GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
I love Watkings Glen but Im having so much pain this week with the new physics.
The worst part... I cant figure out what Im I doing wrong! so I dont even know how to improve my pace.
Im struggling at the back of the field in the same splits I was battling for podiums before the update.

I have a grup of PSN friends wich I always took as reference to make my qualy times.
Before the update we always had times +/- 0.200 or similar and now Im 1 sec slower.

Iwill be off the races until understand where is the "trick" that Iam missing so any help in advance will be much apreciated!
Wish I could help as I am having the same experience (link to post*). A lot of which is due to the lack of feedback I am now getting. The new update seemed to really kill a lot of that as there is very little feeling coming back through the wheel making it difficult to react. I did change up my FFB settings ad TrueForce (Logitech proprietary) and it helped some.

Trail braking is much less efficient so get your braking done earlier, extra short-short shifting (ie, Supra up into 4th even on slower corners), and update any FFB settings is all I can offer at this point, unfortunately.

Last edited:
I don't know about speeds yet but I'm finding it much easier to be consistent with my driving style.
While I'm slower at the moment (have yet to employ @D_Dragline 's advice), I will say that my lap times are extremely consistent - more than they have ever been. And that's with VR. So that's pretty cool.

@GrumpyOldMan Augusta is in EA's new golf game. Would be sweet to play in VR! Maybe one day.

Last edited:
It’s a special place and I’m thankful I got the opportunity to walk around the property. Another thing I always tell people is how unique it feels to see the layout in person. TV and google maps don’t give you the real perspective of it. My wife doesn’t play golf or care much about the sport, but even she appreciated everything about the experience.

To keep this post relative to this game and topic - the same things can be said about going to Daytona and experiencing the track and racing in person. The IMSA 24 hour race is something you have to experience if you are a race fan. The facility is way beyond what TV can represent and the sights, sounds, and smells from the cars cannot be replicated. Nothing beats being able to get up close and personal with the real cars we drive digitally in this game. It’s also fun to talk and interact with the drivers and crew members.
yeah absolutely! I haven't been to Daytona yet but MIS is in my backyard and I've been there a few times. it's a 2 mile D oval and honestly you have no idea how large that is until you get there. TV does not do it justice. Have also been to Indianapolis for the 500 and qualifying more times than I have fingers to count with and that facility is insanely massive. Something like 560 Acres and seats 400,000 easily.

Even your local bullring is bigger than you think and you're absolutely right that the sounds, smells, and sights are something to behold. The way 33 indy cars just gut punch you as they scream into T1 for the first time, or the way 43 cup cars rumble past their V8s shaking the entire complex of grandstands and temporarily makes it so that your seat mate can't hear you even when you're yelling at them.

Seriously to everyone out there who's even semi interested in going to a race at a big track: DO IT! Even your local short track is an amazing experience that can't be compared to anything in a game or on tv

I was in a couple races with you last night on my American account, I saw you having a bad time with wall penalties.

5 seconds for a tap is absolutely ludicrous, that's still more(!!) than what a triple tap crash at the chicane of death would get you on the normal setting, which in itself is harsh.
You can really easily accrue 10 or 15 seconds penalty from one incident, I have no idea what the logic is.
Ahah! I didn’t recognize you as an American. I’ll try to remember that name now.
Ran one more C last night after a bunch of test/qually laps. Broke into the 149's with the RS.01, so that's what I raced. Gridded P4, ran a stable race to P2. Hoping the 1.31 physics stick around.
Have you tried the Renault? It feels rather forgiving to throttle inputs, doesn't need TC at all for me.
So I saw the Renault show up on leaderboards, and what a revelation! I love this car! But when I used it I a race I lost my front left tire on lap 11. Is that normal, or is it because I was stuck in horrible traffic and lost too much rubber in the skirmishes? What’s been y’all’s experience with this car?
hey @Bullwinkle, I know you were just worried that I was lonely in the back of race C when you took a wall penalty and joined me in the rear!

Is that debris on the uphill hairpin actually marbles or is it the camber of that corner that sucks you off track if you go too wide? And of course 10 meters across the grass is a wall, so, yeah.

I actually like the longer 12 lap sprint format on occasion, it requires a deep focus to keep up the pace. And if you are battling for each corner, it can be exhausting (in a fun way). I looked up after about 5 laps of a there way battle and it was only lap 6! Six more to go! But I solved that problem with the wall penalty and had a leisurely drive by myself at the back, until @Bullwinkle took pity on me.

My shiny new A rating is hanging on by a pixel or two this morning (but just to be clear, I don't take this too seriously or precious)
Ugh. That race was brutal. I figured as the only Renault drivers in that grid we ought to make it a team effort. And then I had no tires left for the entire last lap and slid into at least three walls, maybe four, just trying to finish in last place! How was your tire life in the same car?
I'll second the Renault. It's stable even on that stupid corner with the bump that sends the Supras into the abyss. And as long as you can stay in a draft, then you can survive the straights and gain thru the tight corners.

It does not need TC, but as others have stated, I have also moved to TC1 as default because there is no disadvantage anymore.
I’m going to keep doing time trials in the Renault but I just don’t know if I can race in it. I’m fastest in a race in the Supra, but I’m figuring out the Porsche now too. I’ll give the M6 a try, but I’d really like to know if the Renault’s tires can last an entire race.

Is anyone having luck with any other cars? @Talon16 have you tried the Ford Spec 2 yet?

Ugh. That race was brutal. I figured as the only Renault drivers in that grid we ought to make it a team effort. And then I had no tires left for the entire last lap and slid into at least three walls, maybe four, just trying to finish in last place! How was your tire life in the same car?
yeah, I really like that renault but left rear tire was largely gone by lap 12. I can mostly keep pace in it if I'm not self-imploding. I'm a controller user and I thought I'd read that we were partucularly brutal with tires. I did a later race in the RCZ - it drives very similar and I had a bit more tire left, but I also had a pretty decent run without much sliding. I'm going to try my 911 again in-race sometim this week, although my qualy will proably be r.s. or rcz.

yeah, I really like that renault but left rear tire was largely gone by lap 12. I can mostly keep pace in it if I'm not self-imploding. I'm a controller user and I thought I'd read that we were partucularly brutal with tires. I did a later race in the RCZ - it drives very similar and I had a bit more tire left, but I also had a pretty decent run without much sliding. I'm going to try my 911 again in-race sometim this week, although my qualy will proably be r.s. or rcz.
I'm on a wheel, and the left front has just enough life to finish. No issues with the other three tires. Pace is definitely down by lap 10 or 11, but I find myself gaining on the other cars, because I've worn into understeer and they are just trying to keep from spinning out. 👍

I do want to try the 2018 GTR. I tried the 2013 and didn't like it, then realized it was the 18 that people are using. I do not like Supra and the RCZ has too much understeer for this track.

That is very good. My frond left is basically dead at the end of my races. I need to learn to safe my tyres better.
So my driving style is a kinda slow in approach with not to much heavy braking, and then getting on the power quickly but also doing this without the rear snapping on me.
That long right hand corner after the bus stop I coast the full corner in 4th.
Hope that helps?

----------------------------

Anyone else had this feeling before?

So I just jumped into Daily C for a race and I felt fine. Race starts all fine and I'm P7. First lap no issue but lap 2 I start to feel really shaky. My leg is really tense and shaking which is not good on the throttle. As the race goes on I'm feeling really anxious and my body is just tensing up. I don't know if it's low sugar levels or the race that caused it, but Ive had to stop. I can't do another race.
As for my race I get to end and I had another great race with clean driving from all. Managed to break my P6 duck and got a P4.
What was nice in my race was nobody used the Supra. The race was so much better without rocket down the straight. M6s, GTRs, RC01, Porsche. Was great

I love the RCZ but I can’t find any pace with it. I ran a race with it on Monday and had lots of tire left and also was running faster laps at the end than midway through! I suppose that’s because of less fuel weight, but I haven’t had that with any other cars.

I've only used the Supra thus far as I am fumbling through these new physics. I'll definitely try the GT LM! See how the laps compare and maybe have a go with it in the 2 account.
So which LM is the go-to at this point? Race or Test?

Last edited:
I love the RCZ but I can’t find any pace with it. I ran a race with it on Monday and had lots of tire left and also was running faster laps at the end than midway through! I suppose that’s because of less fuel weight, but I haven’t had that with any other cars.
Useless car ... unless @MidnightRun85 plans on bringing his black and gold livery over from Sport? :sly:

Then it's driveable!

Good question. All I've really done to test them was those top speed tests at Tona RC and Nord. Before the BoP change it was a clear winner for the Race version. Not sure now.

My concern with them is they'll be hard on tires, as it seems the MR cars now are.

Other than some Race As, I haven't really done any races this week. I am still trying to get used to this new physics/tire update. I don't like it as much as the previous version. Some say it's more realistic, some say it's not... moot point as this is what we got.

I was just doing some laps TT around WG and am starting to get a handle on the physics. Yesterday I was struggling, fighting the car all around. After about a 30 min session, a 46.4 was the best I could frustratingly muster. Today was better, I also changed the FFB (from 5.5 Nm (4.0 ft-lbs) to 7.0 Nm (5.1 ft-lbs)) on the wheel, since this last update seemed to kill a lot of the feedback. Took maybe five laps and hit a 46.0. At that point I wanted into the 45s, and even though it took a chunk more than five more laps, after a handful of 46.0s and 46.1s was able to hit a 45.910........ so at least I got that going for me.

Wish I could help as I am having the same experience (link to post*). A lot of which is due to the lack of feedback I am now getting. The new update seemed to really kill a lot of that as there is very little feeling coming back through the wheel making it difficult to react. I did change up my FFB settings ad TrueForce (Logitech proprietary) and it helped some.

Trail braking is much less efficient so get your braking done earlier, extra short-short shifting (ie, Supra up into 4th even on slower corners), and update any FFB settings is all I can offer at this point, unfortunately.
Thanks mate!
We have something in common, Im on a logitech too and after the update had to recalibrate pedals and ffb because the experience was really bad. I get to the most confortable setting possible (dont remember the values) but its nothing close of what I feel before.
Trailbraking is literally imposible now for me, but I cant tell if its something related to the new physics, the annoying ffb or a mix of all those things.
At first I thought that it should be a matter of time until getting accustomed to but Im not so sure now.
Im stucked in 46.7 with the GTR-18 (with an optimal of 46.4) and 46.8 on the Supra.

Gonna keep trying to improve but the experience its not being nice...

Had quite a busy day at work today but managed to find pockets of spare time to log into the game.

Tried the Alfa for Race B and improved the qualy time by 0.4s from my best time driving the GT-R. It felt good and hopped into a race as I had just about enough time before a meeting 🤣

Started P12 and was P6 within 2 laps but was not expecting the filth to come next! It wasn't just one driver, I think the minority were the clean ones! And unfortunately for me, it seemed like they made up the top positions because everyone around me was punting, shoving and pushing you off.. Long story short, finished P10...

I saw a few videos and comments about Race C being boring so I only tried some more qualy laps with the little time I had left.

Improved with the Supra but then tried the M3 and somehow, the car and I clicked and I improved my time 3 or 4 laps in a row almost instantly! Overall, I gained 0.4s 🙂 Had to turn off the game as Man United are playing now 🤣

Is Race C really that boring? No strategy at all?

Attachments

• 18752d2ff8512-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18752d2ff8512-screenshotUrl.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 11
  • 18752d3283c32-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18752d3283c32-screenshotUrl.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
So my driving style is a kinda slow in approach with not to much heavy braking, and then getting on the power quickly but also doing this without the rear snapping on me.
That long right hand corner after the bus stop I coast the full corner in 4th.
Hope that helps?

----------------------------

Anyone else had this feeling before?

So I just jumped into Daily C for a race and I felt fine. Race starts all fine and I'm P7. First lap no issue but lap 2 I start to feel really shaky. My leg is really tense and shaking which is not good on the throttle. As the race goes on I'm feeling really anxious and my body is just tensing up. I don't know if it's low sugar levels or the race that caused it, but Ive had to stop. I can't do another race.

As for my race I get to end and I had another great race with clean driving from all. Managed to break my P6 duck and got a P4.
What was nice in my race was nobody used the Supra. The race was so much better without rocket down the straight. M6s, GTRs, RC01, Porsche. Was great
Pretty hard to say what caused your anxiety-like symptoms. If it becomes more frequent I would consider whether it is linked to events/situations that might normally cause an adrenaline rush. Things like racing, 1st tee shot in golf, big hand in poker, public speaking.... Whatever things that you know to be a bit stressful for you. if they are all linked to these type of events then might be some anxiety.

I would think that the more likely the feelings you had occur randomly, the less likely they are anxiety related and more likely something else..... (perhaps the low sugar you spoke of)

Had quite a busy day at work today but managed to find pockets of spare time to log into the game.

Tried the Alfa for Race B and improved the qualy time by 0.4s from my best time driving the GT-R. It felt good and hopped into a race as I had just about enough time before a meeting 🤣

Started P12 and was P6 within 2 laps but was not expecting the filth to come next! It wasn't just one driver, I think the minority were the clean ones! And unfortunately for me, it seemed like they made up the top positions because everyone around me was punting, shoving and pushing you off.. Long story short, finished P10...

I saw a few videos and comments about Race C being boring so I only tried some more qualy laps with the little time I had left.

Improved with the Supra but then tried the M3 and somehow, the car and I clicked and I improved my time 3 or 4 laps in a row almost instantly! Overall, I gained 0.4s 🙂 Had to turn off the game as Man United are playing now 🤣

Is Race C really that boring? No strategy at all?
yeah Race C really is that boring. Nobody needs to pit for tires/fuel, once cars get spread out unless you're in the Supra you're really not catching anyone unless they make a mistake, the last lap or two is on really sketchy tires for everyone, and yeah. My experience has been unless major mistakes are made races tend to end in the same order they started, kinda like Monaco in F1 so all you can really do is try to push/bait the car in front into making an error so you can capitalize.

Gave C another go, if only to repair my SR after quitting the other day. A weird one, I have quali speed for some reason (1:47.7 had me 3rd in my DR B lobby) but absolutely no race pace whatsoever. Was doing 1:50s. Finished 7th in no mans land. Being so slow there was no issue with tyre wear but the Supras were long gone by the end.

Think I’ll just give the rest of the week a miss and do some RBR Gr4 practise for Nations on Saturday.

Couple of race A's this morning - a surprising win and second - both clean races at the front. Tried again this evening, and was put mid-grid. My goodness - carnage. Never again. It was like there was not one single clean driver on the grid - users I recongised from last weeks samba bus races, who raced really clean have seemingly turned into idiots this week.

First race C of the week this evening. Started mid grid and made up a couple of places. I'm driving the McLaren, which is nice and stable. My pace was consistant throughout, with just one minor skirmish costing me a bit of time. I was expecting a drop off in grip, but was only the last half lap really that felt sketchy. I need to find that half a second a lap to be properly competitive.

Pretty hard to say what caused your anxiety-like symptoms. If it becomes more frequent I would consider whether it is linked to events/situations that might normally cause an adrenaline rush. Things like racing, 1st tee shot in golf, big hand in poker, public speaking.... Whatever things that you know to be a bit stressful for you. if they are all linked to these type of events then might be some anxiety.

I would think that the more likely the feelings you had occur randomly, the less likely they are anxiety related and more likely something else..... (perhaps the low sugar you spoke of)
Thanks 👍🏻 Yeah it was weird as I’ve never had that issue before.
I’ll see what happens tomorrow as never had that before. Think what might have started it was that I only had 1 lap of practice before the race and I was starting P6. So probs just pre match nerves 🤣

Gave C another go, if only to repair my SR after quitting the other day. A weird one, I have quali speed for some reason (1:47.7 had me 3rd in my DR B lobby) but absolutely no race pace whatsoever. Was doing 1:50s. Finished 7th in no mans land. Being so slow there was no issue with tyre wear but the Supras were long gone by the end.

Think I’ll just give the rest of the week a miss and do some RBR Gr4 practise for Nations on Saturday.
That how Ive been feeling lately. Able to put a quick lap in TT but then seem to have no race pace at all. I find when its high tyre wear it take me a little time to adjust to the different tyre physics from TT to a Race.
Id like PD to add just a race practice lobby where you can test the tyres and fuel wear, and any laps you do doesn’t count to the TT leaderboard.

Last edited:
Thanks mate!
We have something in common, Im on a logitech too and after the update had to recalibrate pedals and ffb because the experience was really bad. I get to the most confortable setting possible (dont remember the values) but its nothing close of what I feel before.
Trailbraking is literally imposible now for me, but I cant tell if its something related to the new physics, the annoying ffb or a mix of all those things.
At first I thought that it should be a matter of time until getting accustomed to but Im not so sure now.
Im stucked in 46.7 with the GTR-18 (with an optimal of 46.4) and 46.8 on the Supra.

I’m stuck too, but with the Renault. I tried it yesterday and dropped a second off my quali time. Now I can’t come anywhere near it again after 25 laps of trying!

Thanks mate!

Yea, I feel ya man... I am in the same situation. I don't have the Pro pedals yet, but I feel like I am having to relearn how to drive and it seems like it's taking me more time than others as I still feel my pace is off by like .500" per lap. And, if nothing else, I am also feeling like I am less consistent as well. I feel like it's because I am having a hard time finding that ratio of heavy braking, turning in, and releasing at the right brake pressure per turn in angle (so to speak). Because of that I am struggling to find the proper braking and turn in points and work consistently.

I forgot to mention before I also upped the FFB setting within the game itself, which seemed to help more than on the wheel. Anyway, if you have any epiphanies, please share!

So I gave each one its fair shake at some laps (maybe 8-10 each) and as you can see there is a definite clear winner!

Resized_20230405_164829.jpeg

I honestly don't know what the difference is between them. The Race version felt like the brakes were a smidge better, but it could've been placebo. One clear cut difference is the redline and gearing.

The redline on the Test version is like 6500 whereas the race version is 7000. But, you can over rev the Test version to 7000 (and a bit beyond) so I don't know what difference it makes.

The gearing is a little more obvious, but seems just as moot. In the Test version I was having to hit 6th gear coming out of the esses (after T1) whereas the Race version I could hold 5th all the way to the bus stop. But again, didn't seem to matter.

So there you go... find which one has a cooler livery and run with it. :lol:

ETA - Almost totally forgot, I did a race with each from the back and the tire wear wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. And, again, that was from the back so there was fighting and dirty air involved. Better than the Supra, IMO. The cars are a bit understeery so obviously when the LF tire starts to die you need to be ready for it, but all the cars in this game are understeery.

Last edited:
Race B is utterly pointless unless you're in the Atenza. Is this a regular thing or is it just because of the track? I'm trying to get back into online racing and this weird track and being left for dead by a grid full of Atenzas didn't really fill me with confidence...

Race B is utterly pointless unless you're in the Atenza. Is this a regular thing or is it just because of the track? I'm trying to get back into online racing and this weird track and being left for dead by a grid full of Atenzas didn't really fill me with confidence...
It's usually like that.

They actually had it pretty decent before the patch but a physics and BoP overhaul put everything back at square one. So expect at least a year of one car dominance before they figure out how to balance it again.

Assuming they don't change the physics again. Which they probably will.

It's usually like that.

They actually had it pretty decent before the patch but a physics and BoP overhaul put everything back at square one. So expect at least a year of one car dominance before they figure out how to balance it again.

Assuming they don't change the physics again. Which they probably will.
Sounds about right I guess. It's a real shame as I was looking forward to trying out some different cars.

No man's land is a good way to describe the race. Occasionally ill see another car zip by or maybe even make a mistake but more the most part it's 12 laps of nothing lol. Top it off with the dominant cars being total bores to drive and its just kind of a forgettable combo.

Though I do get a kick out of the last to firsters I've been seeing.

Oof, no more race C for me this week. It's just no fun for me. I have no pace and there is no way I can keep up with very worn tires. I did save my tires better this time as the left front died on lap 12 at some point. Way too many off track penalties from me even though I thought I didn't cut anything. I start P11 and finish P10 only because half the room quit and I was P10 by default. I did accidentally punt a driver into oblivion on lap 1. It looked like a net-code issue as they just stopped in front of me for no reason. They finished P9 and I apologize afterwards. I do like racing at The Glen, but the tire wear is too much for me.

Back