GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
Race b (gr.4) best time trial results per car below. BOP doesn't seem as terrible as it's sounded like, but I haven't raced it myself. Gr.4 BOP wasn't exactly good before the patch anyway

RankCarTimeCountryNicknameDRSR
1​
Mazda Atenza
90581​
NLK. De Bruin
6​
6​
4​
Subaru WRX
90690​
JPTX3_tokari71
6​
6​
20​
Jaguar F-type
90951​
ITG. Coluccia
6​
6​
33​
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo Final
91062​
ZAKBR_EcobeaST
6​
6​
37​
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
91087​
HUM. Mihalidesz
6​
6​
40​
Toyota GR Supra
91131​
GBCornedBeefPasty
6​
6​
70​
Alfa Romeo 155
91268​
HKВерный
6​
6​
75​
Ferrari 458 Italia
91280​
ESAlex Cánovas
6​
6​
83​
Mclaren 650S
91322​
NLHandsomeBanana
6​
6​
119​
Nissan GT-R
91420​
FRDofrer27
6​
6​
132​
Honda NSX
91448​
USStinky
6​
6​
250​
Nissan Silvia S15
91643​
USGQuake117
6​
6​
320​
Dodge Viper
91743​
CALester
6​
6​
330​
Lamborghini Huracan
91751​
ITK. Chouiref
6​
6​
362​
Merc SLS AMG
91777​
JPdori-32
6​
6​
460​
Infiniti G70
91852​
FIRed Herring
5​
6​
817​
Bugatti Veyron
92100​
USM. Miguel
5​
6​
890​
Alfa Romeo 4C
92137​
ARJ.C Paez
5​
4​
1064​
Citroen GT
92223​
GBDamo
5​
6​
1448​
Lexus RC F
92374​
AR
6​
6​
1547​
Toyota 86
92404​
JPOGT_Tomo
5​
6​
1576​
Chevrolet Corvette C7
92414​
JP88rpm
5​
6​
2133​
Unknown
92583​
SGPat
5​
6​
2720​
Porsche Cayman GT4
92733​
DEDodoxd50000
4​
5​
3958​
Hyundai Genesis
92977​
ITLuca03
4​
6​
5168​
Peugeout RCZ
93187​
ITFrancoraiaNAPOLI
5​
6​
5296​
Suzuki Swift
93212​
JPduck1198
5​
6​
5300​
Renault Megane
93213​
ESLabestia_parda_
6​
6​
5349​
Ford Mustang
93220​
BRAFAIK_MOSTWANTED
5​
6​
6266​
VW Scirocco
93366​
JPStereocaster
6​
6​
7252​
Renault Megane Trophy
93511​
USKakoMD
5​
6​
8408​
BMW M4
93664​
DECatt
3​
6​

Race b (gr.4) best time trial results per car below. BOP doesn't seem as terrible as it's sounded like, but I haven't raced it myself. Gr.4 BOP wasn't exactly good before the patch anyway

RankCarTimeCountryNicknameDRSR
1​
Mazda Atenza
90581​
NLK. De Bruin
6​
6​
4​
Subaru WRX
90690​
JPTX3_tokari71
6​
6​
20​
Jaguar F-type
90951​
ITG. Coluccia
6​
6​
33​
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo Final
91062​
ZAKBR_EcobeaST
6​
6​
37​
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
91087​
HUM. Mihalidesz
6​
6​
40​
Toyota GR Supra
91131​
GBCornedBeefPasty
6​
6​
70​
Alfa Romeo 155
91268​
HKВерный
6​
6​
75​
Ferrari 458 Italia
91280​
ESAlex Cánovas
6​
6​
83​
Mclaren 650S
91322​
NLHandsomeBanana
6​
6​
119​
Nissan GT-R
91420​
FRDofrer27
6​
6​
132​
Honda NSX
91448​
USStinky
6​
6​
250​
Nissan Silvia S15
91643​
USGQuake117
6​
6​
320​
Dodge Viper
91743​
CALester
6​
6​
330​
Lamborghini Huracan
91751​
ITK. Chouiref
6​
6​
362​
Merc SLS AMG
91777​
JPdori-32
6​
6​
460​
Infiniti G70
91852​
FIRed Herring
5​
6​
817​
Bugatti Veyron
92100​
USM. Miguel
5​
6​
890​
Alfa Romeo 4C
92137​
ARJ.C Paez
5​
4​
1064​
Citroen GT
92223​
GBDamo
5​
6​
1448​
Lexus RC F
92374​
AR
6​
6​
1547​
Toyota 86
92404​
JPOGT_Tomo
5​
6​
1576​
Chevrolet Corvette C7
92414​
JP88rpm
5​
6​
2133​
Unknown
92583​
SGPat
5​
6​
2720​
Porsche Cayman GT4
92733​
DEDodoxd50000
4​
5​
3958​
Hyundai Genesis
92977​
ITLuca03
4​
6​
5168​
Peugeout RCZ
93187​
ITFrancoraiaNAPOLI
5​
6​
5296​
Suzuki Swift
93212​
JPduck1198
5​
6​
5300​
Renault Megane
93213​
ESLabestia_parda_
6​
6​
5349​
Ford Mustang
93220​
BRAFAIK_MOSTWANTED
5​
6​
6266​
VW Scirocco
93366​
JPStereocaster
6​
6​
7252​
Renault Megane Trophy
93511​
USKakoMD
5​
6​
8408​
BMW M4
93664​
DECatt
3​
6​

What times are those? Can’t you format it as time?

Doesn’t mean t just equate to thousandths of a second - so 90581 is 1:30.581?
Yeah exactly. I thought it was equally easy to read the times the way they were downloaded, but I can always convert to a full time format like that for any future posts.

Funnily enough PD messes up that conversion when they display results on their website, and if there's any zeroes they just remove it. So if your time is 90081 ms, then it shows as 1:30.81, instead of 1:30.081.

Well I am getting back to work today when I get up. I love the new Nürburgring Sprint and Endurance tracks. It's nice to have extra options to choose from for if I get bored in a certain area. The sharp right turn in the middle of the Sprint can be easy to go offtrack and hit the wall if you are not careful.

Trying to earn a time under 1'33.000 so I can get in the top 500-1000, but it's hard to me.

There are no worse lobbies than the transitional A/B lobbies where it seems B ranks are trying to get into A and A are trying not to get punted back into B. Those folks are desperate and drive as such. Got bumped by so many senders yesterday and ended up spinning out at the final hairpin on Lap 2. My pace is fine in the 911 in the low 1:48s but still probably calling it a week. This track just isn't fun for me and the lack of strategy just makes it a total bore.

PD what did the American cars do to you?
Yeah your 100 percent right. It makes no sense either as you don't get anything for being a ranked, I much prefer being b ranked, when I was a it was all too stressful, races were more boring as people made less mistakes etc, just wasn't as fun

View attachment 1245891

Already did that. Next idea?
Something like this happened to me with following a thread. I unfollowed it and then followed it again and I started getting alerts again. See if that idea works. I know it’s stupidly obvious, but every once in a while . . .

I’ve hit a wall at Watkins Glen this week, but not the kind that loses 5 seconds. I’ve hit a mental wall that has me trying to milk hundredths of seconds out of whatever car I’m driving and finding that I’m going tenths slower. It may just be fatigue, but I can’t seem to figure out how any of the turns work anymore! I’m trying every trick in the book I can think of, and even some of the alien tricks I hadn’t thought of (I’m not good enough to exit the hairpin in 4th!).

I’ve found that my race pace is meh. I’m struggling to slow down enough to take any of the turns, yet it seems like people are simply flying into them, accelerating right around and past me, and I’m left putting along seconds behind. The end of sector 3 and beginning of sector 4 are the absolute worst for me.

To be fair, I’m now consistently in A+/A lobbies and I’m just not ready for that level of competition. Those guys are running laps in races that are two seconds faster than my qualifying time! Even so, it seems like my qualifying times, let alone my race pace, are not improving at all no matter how much I try.

Now I know some of you are already channeling your inner Yoda and already thinking, “There is no try. There is only do, or do not.” And I know that stepping away to take a break gives a real benefit. I know that I’m over driving the cars trying to find my limits. But what am I missing?

FFB isn’t really refined enough to feel when the car is on the edge of slipping, so I’m finding those limits and flying right on past them. I can’t think of any other way to keep my momentum up enough to find that edge and steal a few tenths.

Any advice?

Last edited:
Bargain bucket standard dailies. Extremely dull.
Definitely disappointing. Didn’t we just have Gr3 at Laguna Seca? It was a mess.

I’ve got a love/hate relationship with Race B this week. It’s been fun and entertaining when I get in a good group with similar pace. Every other race has some jackbag that defaults to smashing his way through the field.

Nevertheless, had a couple Top 5’s including a P2 last night. Solid for me in a mixed A & B lobby.
E4B9DB7A-24A9-419D-92CA-7E2DED426ACA.jpeg

🇨 - Spa 24h / Gr.4 (8 Laps, 1x Tyre, 1x Fuel, RH+IM+W*)
* Inters and wets are explicitly setup rather than implied default, hints to rain

Hmmmm. So I like that we have another rain race. Assume this is another dynamic weather race?
Definitely going to be an interesting race with the long lap and long pit lane loss. Pitting to early for wets and then finding it doesn’t rain, or the rain come a lap later will destroy your race and pitting too late and trying to squeeze in another lap could destroy your race too now with the new tyre model in wet running. I’ve found the tyres lose grip in inter running now.
So the only issue I can potentially see happening on this race, is if we are using dynamic weather. If the dynamic weather acts like it did at LeMans were we only had 1 lap of weather, it could be quicker to stay out and try your best on the drys then pitting twice (But it does depend on how quick the track dries too).

Definitely disappointing. Didn’t we just have Gr3 at Laguna Seca? It was a mess.

I’ve got a love/hate relationship with Race B this week. It’s been fun and entertaining when I get in a good group with similar pace. Every other race has some jackbag that defaults to smashing his way through the field.

Nevertheless, had a couple Top 5’s including a P2 last night. Solid for me in a mixed A & B lobby.
View attachment 1245938
We did have the same exact Laguna race 2 months ago or so. One of the best races was the Road Atlanta in Miatas and have only seen RA once since then with the Gr.4s. Grand Valley back on the shelf as well. Deep Forest was good a few weeks ago.

Something like this happened to me with following a thread. I unfollowed it and then followed it again and I started getting alerts again. See if that idea works. I know it’s stupidly obvious, but every once in a while . . .

I’ve hit a wall at Watkins Glen this week, but not the kind that loses 5 seconds. I’ve hit a mental wall that has me trying to milk hundredths of seconds out of whatever car I’m driving and finding that I’m going tenths slower. It may just be fatigue, but I can’t seem to figure out how any of the turns work anymore! I’m trying every trick in the book I can think of, and even some of the alien tricks I hadn’t thought of (I’m not good enough to exit the hairpin in 4th!).

I’ve found that my race pace is meh. I’m struggling to slow down enough to take any of the turns, yet it seems like people are simply flying into them, accelerating right around and past me, and I’m left putting along seconds behind. The end of sector 3 and beginning of sector 4 are the absolute worst for me.

To be fair, I’m now consistently in A+/A lobbies and I’m just not ready for that level of competition. Those guys are running laps in races that are two seconds faster than my qualifying time! Even so, it seems like my qualifying times, let alone my race pace, are not improving at all no matter how much I try.

Now I know some of you are already channeling your inner Yoda and already thinking, “There is no try. There is only do, or do not.” And I know that stepping away to take a break gives a real benefit. I know that I’m over driving the cars trying to find my limits. But what am I missing?

FFB isn’t really refined enough to feel when the car is on the edge of slipping, so I’m finding those limits and flying right on past them. I can’t think of any other way to keep my momentum up enough to find that edge and steal a few tenths.

Any advice?
If the Yoda speak is to be believed you have done and have found you are unable to do more at this level of competition. It could be your skillset naturally falls into the gap between A and A+ by rating. Honestly getting to A seems like such an alien thing to me because I've never progressed beyond a mid tier B.

Obviously there's always the suggestion of "just grind more laps" but at some point all you're going to do there is reinforce "problematic" behaviors and that won't be useful. Something I do when I hit walls like that is if I'm still in the mood for driving find a different circuit to clear your mind with. Nothing super challenging (so no nords) but maybe something with corners you're not seeing at Watkins to kinda shake your brain up a little bit and make you kinda reset your eyes/brain.

If you're burning out on driving all together but still want to game head that way. I'm not sure but best of luck to you

I don't have that "All followed threads" link, but that may be because they're all showing again. The next time it stops showing, I'll look for that link. Thanks.
We did have the same exact Laguna race 2 months ago or so.
Not exactly - the tires were RM not RH. Other than that, they are the same. I ran 50 races that week, and it was really up-and-down. Then back up again. I ended up with my DR exactly where it was when I started the week:

1680875874131.png

Details on how this information was obtained can be found here, but it's boring.

I think I remember enjoying the race, for the most part. But on hards? Ugh.

🇨 - Spa 24h / Gr.4 (8 Laps, 1x Tyre, 1x Fuel, RH+IM+W*)
* Inters and wets are explicitly setup rather than implied default, hints to rain

Hmmmm. So I like that we have another rain race. Assume this is another dynamic weather race?
Definitely going to be an interesting race with the long lap and long pit lane loss. Pitting to early for wets and then finding it doesn’t rain, or the rain come a lap later will destroy your race and pitting too late and trying to squeeze in another lap could destroy your race too now with the new tyre model in wet running. I’ve found the tyres lose grip in inter running now.
So the only issue I can potentially see happening on this race, is if we are using dynamic weather. If the dynamic weather acts like it did at LeMans were we only had 1 lap of weather, it could be quicker to stay out and try your best on the drys then pitting twice (But it does depend on how quick the track dries too).
The weather id for the race (which can be seen here: https://static.gt7.game.gran-turismo.com/event/params/5470.json) is the same as for an older race (https://static.gt7.game.gran-turismo.com/event/params/3188.json) which appears to be the manufacturer world series finale race at spa, so presumably it will be similar. Hopefully still dynamic anyway so there will be variation in the weather, but with only 8 laps i think the pit loss might be hard to overcome.

Last edited:

Glad I'm in Japan for this next week. Not missing out.

I dunno, I'll take Spa with some weather. Perhaps it'll have some interesting strategies develop. Cars will be slow especially given we still remember GR.2 here from last week but I dunno, with the way BOP was reballanced combined with the physics changes GR.4, with weather, could be pretty fun...

Or it'll be a dumpster fire. Either way we should know by say Tuesday morning lol

I dunno, I'll take Spa with some weather. Perhaps it'll have some interesting strategies develop. Cars will be slow especially given we still remember GR.2 here from last week but I dunno, with the way BOP was reballanced combined with the physics changes GR.4, with weather, could be pretty fun...

Or it'll be a dumpster fire. Either way we should know by say Tuesday morning lol
We did have the same exact Laguna race 2 months ago or so. One of the best races was the Road Atlanta in Miatas and have only seen RA once since then with the Gr.4s. Grand Valley back on the shelf as well. Deep Forest was good a few weeks ago.
Miatas at Road Atlanta was the best daily PD has done

The weather id for the race (which can be seen here: https://static.gt7.game.gran-turismo.com/event/params/5470.json) is the same as for an older race (https://static.gt7.game.gran-turismo.com/event/params/3188.json) which appears to be the manufacturer world series finale race at spa, so presumably it will be similar. Hopefully still dynamic anyway, and there will be variation in the weather, but with only 8 laps i think the pit loss might be hard to overcome.
Where did you find out about these URLs? Do you know any other cool links like that?

Glad I'm in Japan for this next week. Not missing out.

Offcourse we have Maggiore again. No surprise.
Laguna Seca also once again... We had that track couple of weeks ago.
Too bad. Was hoping for something better. A track with like 14 laps or so and a mandatory pitstop.

Any advice?
yeah, I've been there, probably everyone here has. I get off the dailies and look at the WS events, or now that next weeks dailies are out I might set up some custom races and start experimenting. Then I might pop back in over the weekend where I usually see some shakeup in the lobby makeups. (for good and bad!). Fresh air is always good too!

10% of the tracks in the game are Lago Maggiore... On average it should appear slightly less often than once every three weeks.
Whilst this is true, a better measure would be the number of distinct sectors. The reason Maggiore gets tedious is because so many of the layouts share sectors.

Compare that to DT where there are 2 layouts that share zero sectors.

Where did you find out about these URLs? Do you know any other cool links like that?
Through the fortnightly time trials thread I found out PD publish time trial results online (including for dailies). To see where a website gets its data from you can right click and inspect and go to network and see requests and responses (different browsers will have different ways to see this). Sometimes you get a static link like above, other times it's done more dynamically.

I haven't seen anything too exciting, but I haven't looked too hard either. They clearly made a conscious decision to hide things like DR values for some reason. You can extract a bit more data than they show in the results tables (such as car used, PSN etc) and if you are logged in and look at someone's profile you can get a couple stats not normally shown such as total number of laps driven, laps in the lead, average race qualifying position and finishing position.

Sometimes you come across what I assume is PD testing things such as https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/sportmode/event/3160 but there's not too much to learn from it.

Through the fortnightly time trials thread I found out PD publish time trial results online (including for dailies). To see where a website gets its data from you can right click and inspect and go to network and see requests and responses (different browsers will have different ways to see this). Sometimes you get a static link like above, other times it's done more dynamically.

I haven't seen anything too exciting, but I haven't looked too hard either. They clearly made a conscious decision to hide things like DR values for some reason. You can extract a bit more data than they show in the results tables (such as car used, PSN etc) and if you are logged in and look at someone's profile you can get a couple stats not normally shown such as total number of laps driven, laps in the lead, average race qualifying position and finishing position.

Sometimes you come across what I assume is PD testing things such as https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/sportmode/event/3160 but there's not too much to learn from it.
Thanks. I'm a developer but I didn't know they published things like that on the website. And even if I did, for some reason it never dawned on me to figure out where the data came from!

A bit disappointed in this week's races. Race C has been a bit boring the 3 times I participated and Race B is more down to the players rather than the format itself.

I think the sprint layout and Gr4 cars is a great match but omg... Players abusing the penalty system is so frustrating!

It's stupid that punting people off is fine but when you slam into a barrier from the contact or make a slight mistake and go over the line, you're getting punished.

After 2 races on my main account, gave the race one last chance using my 2nd account. I did succeed but not really happy about how.

Started P13 and immediately, players punting each other ahead of me and around me. I also got push/passed whilst trying to be clean but anyway, long story short, finished race in P8.

I did stick my elbows out once, which I'm not proud of... But after getting punted so many times, after one guy tried punting me off track into a corner, I braked early on purpose next corner to get on the inside and gently returned the favor to secure the position...

Back