GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
TCS = 0 and you'll bring about 0.3" ;-)
TCS has been changed in the previous update, it's less effective now. It works for race starts but that's about it. Plus, especially on gamepad, once you learn how to drive through the TCS it allows much better consistency. I was doing it hard mode for the first few months and eventually just gave up because if I didn't hold my breath just right in an accel zone it would ruin my whole race. I don't have the patience for that.

Quick takeaway after having done four daily A:

F430 is nice to drive, as expected. Lago Maggiore West End isn’t really a good track. As expected. IMO. Again a too compact track and that new hairpin (T5?) is quite awful. Car doesn’t live up to its full potential here either, if one wants to keep an Italian theme, let’s have Monza (with or without chicane) or perhaps the longer Sardegna version.

The race is five laps, one lap takes a minute. Add a little bit of loading time and warm-up to that, you could still have races at 00, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 00 etc. on the clock. Way too much waiting in between. I’m sure even a PS4 could manage that (anyone test?), else it needs to be cut.
Nice to have met you there. I messed up the race completetely by forgetting to switch TC back to 0 after the start. Driving like an idiot for three laps before I finally realized why the car felt so different compared to my quali laps...😆

Yes, it's too short. And the hairpin is a killer. Almost impossible to get a good race. To be quick around there, you have to brake very early, way before the left hand kink, and coast smootly towards the hairpin. Guess how many drivers do that during an actual race...🤣

Hideous start to the week, two races… two last place finishes. Race B, I love Laguna Seca but it’s unforgiving especially if people play bumper cars. First race, P4 and I got caught out by some very early braking by the leaders and binned my car to avoid a collision, then got shunted on the exit of the hairpin by a back marker and pushed into the barrier nose first. Recovered well but made a mistake passing a mid pack melee and touched the sand for another lovely spin nose first into the barrier.

Race two, P4 and just absolutely ruined by two stupid dive bombs. Both times shunting me and using me as a cushion before spinning me out. I’d do anything to get out of B to avoid this sort of driving, it’s just so infuriating that these people keep their SR rating.

I’ll probably try one more race but if it’s the same again I might just leave daily races for a bit and focus on some credit farming against AI instead..

Yes! My favourite track and favourite car! What a lovely combination for race C

Excited Seinfeld GIF

Last edited:
I finally cracked, Race A has me prioritizing my sanity over my pride. Traction control is on 1 for the first time in literal years and all it took was a Ferrari 430 on Sports Hards. So that's my limit.

On a side note, what's with the participation spread in Race A on a Monday afternoon? I've been joined by two or three A/S drivers and the rest have all been B/S (I'm midway into DR A). Do the top tier drivers really avoid it, or is it more a case of human time schedules?
i shared my replay (using gtp / gtplanet tags) getting 59.7 with TCS 2, if anyone is interested. I truly cannot go faster on the lower levels! and especially because i try to qualify how i race, and theres no way i'm avoiding a spinout and the other cars if i drop it down to 1.

and that, at least on the North America side, would be a pretty dang good group for any Race A. the last few months there have often been less than 10 racers with a full DR/SR spread. i also noticed my lunchtime races had quite a few A+s and As, which almost never happens. having 10 racers who could somewhat wrangle this thing made for some great racing... not sure that will be the case every time, because it is so slippery, but at its best it felt like slow-mo F1 racing with a lot of overtakes. 12 minutes between races though, thats probably not going to help!

Last edited:

F430 is nice to drive, as expected. Lago Maggiore West End isn’t really a good track. As expected. IMO. Again a too compact track and that new hairpin (T5?) is quite awful. Car doesn’t live up to its full potential here either, if one wants to keep an Italian theme, let’s have Monza (with or without chicane) or perhaps the longer Sardegna version.

The race is five laps, one lap takes a minute. Add a little bit of loading time and warm-up to that, you could still have races at 00, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 00 etc. on the clock. Way too much waiting in between. I’m sure even a PS4 could manage that (anyone test?), else it needs to be cut.
Yeah I was able to do it within 10 mins this morning, was actually nicer to drive than I was expecting

Im not bothered about losing DR as I’m on my 2nd account but in 3 races I’ve lose a quarter of DR points. It’s not fun racing when the races have been dirty and you lose huge amounts of DR
I've had a similar problem on my main account - dirty races last week at Watkins Glen, plus today's races at Spa have pushed me close to C DR. I've been a mid B for literally years, only dropping below that when I've had a reset after an SR plummet!

Just bought this today, won two races, great car!
I bought one too, after keep seeing it on pole position - the trouble is nobody seemed to be able to convert pole into the win. Every race I was in today was won by the Veyron!

Agreed on all accounts. The Ferrari is very fun and is a nice combination of slidey with some drifty thrown in. The understeer is quite bad, but what car isn't in this game?

But yea, the race lasts just over five minutes. That's insane quick. Around this track it should be 10 laps, or another track completely. The car is really fun and it'd be nice to really wring it out.

Regardless, I do enjoy it. 59.3 for quali time so far. I think a 58s in is the cards if I could just put it all together. I know we all pine for that optimum time that's ever so elusive.

cc03c323d7149b5a1b4f60288b299670_photo.webp

I am just happy to have an Italian supercar get its own race, as I was just pointing out the fact they've been ignored.

Last edited:
Just tried race C, absolute carnage again! I can’t deny it was fun but finding myself last AGAIN due to more shunting is just difficult to take. I was holding on to 2nd quite nicely when I got shunted for no reason by some again outbraking themselves, putting me in the gravel. I wasn’t last after rejoining but then multiple more shunts were to come…

The best part was rain on the second lap. I elected to stay out as by the time I reached the pits the rain was clearing. I don’t blame other people as the lap was carnage but I got hit multiple times, it was a mess. A mess for everyone but again I get pushed off into the same gravel but this time in the wet and that combo meant it was almost impossible to drive the car for 20 seconds. People had penalties left right and centre for the collisions but what does it matter when you can’t get up to speed anyway? I ended up 20 seconds behind everyone but fought my way back to 11th and was catching the leading pack time wise. I think it could have been a nice second or third if it wasn’t for the stupid nudge near the start

It was an enjoyable race, I’d I just accept the fact I’ll probably lose my SR rating l this week and that people are generally arseholes it could be an enjoyable week.

What are the 4WD cars like in the wet anyone??

All races should affect SR. Race A is just dirty because there’s no consequence to driving like a dick. Very frustrating.
Simply not true. Now it’s an unfortunate track causing most if the issues where most likely lots of incompetent driving will also be interpreted as dirty (alongside actual dirty driving of course). I’m not saying it’s not there, it most certainly is but you’re oversimplifying things a lot.

FYI, my Internet has been down all day, and will continue to be down for the foreseeable future. They don't have an ETA on when it will be fixed. Apparently the fiber cable is damaged, which doesn't sound good AT ALL. I'm using my phone as a personal hotspot just to type this, because if I tried to type this much on my phone's keyboard, they'd probably have the cable fixed before I could type it all in.

At least I can run the tracks on offline mode, although that was a chore to get working. Tip: turn off your network connection in your PS5 settings. You'll still get 3 error messages, but at least it lets you continue in offline mode.

See y'all when I see you.

FYI, my Internet has been down all day, and will continue to be down for the foreseeable future. They don't have an ETA on when it will be fixed. Apparently the fiber cable is damaged, which doesn't sound good AT ALL. I'm using my phone as a personal hotspot just to type this, because if I tried to type this much on my phone's keyboard, they'd probably have the cable fixed before I could type it all in.

At least I can run the tracks on offline mode, although that was a chore to get working. Tip: turn off your network connection in your PS5 settings. You'll still get 3 error messages, but at least it lets you continue in offline mode.

why not hotspot your PS5 so you can race..? works fine for me :)

Best start to a race ever! :lol::lol::lol:

Apparently, I was the only one that thought it was a good idea to pop into the warm-up to see if it was raining or not. I ended up not pitting when it dried out because it seemed just as fast to stay out on the inters and not to worry about the pit loss at all.

Moral of the story: It pays to see if it's raining or not. :gtpflag:

Gran Turismo® 7_20230410165550.jpg

Last edited:

Apparently, I was the only one that thought it was a good idea to pop into the warm-up to see if it was raining or not. I ended up pitting when it dried out because it seemed just as fast to stay out on the inters and not to worry about the pit loss at all.

View attachment 1246878

I picked a 3rd that way. Use to warm up to check for rain. However, it seems to drift away if it's light rain. 🤔 Not a for sure way.

You can use your hot spot to connect via wifi to your console and access the online content. Well at least it worked for me when I was in a pinch. (PS4)
🍻

Since I haven't raced a Laguna Seca in a while, I'll be there for the Daily races this week. I tried the Mustang and I could not keep that car straight exiting corners. I was like driving on ice which is not a good idea on this track. I did set a time of 1:24.1XX. I then tried the Porsche that was all over the leader boards and immediately set a time of 1:23.6XX on my first lap in the car. Which I got down to a 1:23.2XX by the time I logged off for the night.

So, my time with the Mustang just might be over in the Daily races. I also tried the Ferrari which seemed fine, but I was a bit quicker in the Porsche. I will try for a 1:22 tomorrow once I get more experience Porsche as I surprisingly have never driven this car before.

What PD need to do is just a rain Daily. Dynamic weather is great, but PD haven't really implemented it particularly well IMO. The rain either never comes or does so with not enough warning to do anything about it.

How about a Daily C at Spa or RBR and it's just pouring the whole time?
My favorite daily race of all time was on GTS, Red Bull Ring short, full wet, Gr4. I ripped win after win in the GT-R. Then again, we could adjust brake bias in BoP races on GTS so you can make cars enter corners to your liking. They really need to allow brake bias settings again.

Last edited:

Apparently, I was the only one that thought it was a good idea to pop into the warm-up to see if it was raining or not. I ended up not pitting when it dried out because it seemed just as fast to stay out on the inters and not to worry about the pit loss at all.

View attachment 1246878

So once you are in the warmup lap to see the weather, do you have an opportunity to change to the appropriate tires before the race?

Latest Posts

Back