GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
Rarely get a chance to race early on Monday before everyone masters the combos, so hopped on for a quick race B. About 2 secs off the pace in practice with just a handful of laps banked, but decided to give it a go anyway.

Image.jpeg

Went ok. Who said you can't pass round Laguna?

Does anybody know where f the number of laps in a race affect how much DR you get? There are more laps per hour in C, but more races per hour in B. I did mostly Races C the last couple of weeks and it seemed like my score shot up quicker than when I do Races B.

Just curious…
As said above, DR isn't affected by that. SR is affected by number of clean sectors so C is good for building SR but B might be better for DR since you can run more races per hour

Daily A is the only one I am really looking forward to. B is a bore. C has potential but if it's just going to be dry until everyone passes pit entry and then pours 10 seconds later like LeMans was, that is lame. I mean, it was funny at times but didn't make for good racing. We shall see.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Here Comes the Rain Again

Three new racing challenges are available in Gran Turismo 7’s Daily Races, covering the next seven days of the game’s ranked online multiplayer and bringing the rare test of changing weather conditions into the mix...

Last edited:
Congratulations. That looks like the kind of racing most of us want to have, right?

Side note: Personally, I like the replay better without the music. But maybe that's just me.
I totally agree with both statements. That race had me literally sweating, so fun. I will definitely take note of that, I don’t like music in the replays either ( unless it’s specific to the actual race AND is timed up correctly. If I wanted to hear crappy music during the video it would be at least my own bad taste in music🍻

Hmmm so i think PD have made one mistake on this weeks daily c - tyre wear.
Just seen a race where the race started in the wet and on lap 3 the rain stops and the track starts to dry. A few car pit to switch to the dry tyres but they lose so much time in the pit lane that the runners who stay out on inters easily win. The first dry tyre runner finished P7 or P8 but they were 40 seconds behind P1.
So the issue I see here is that due to the x1 tyre wear those inters can basically run all race with minimal tyre wear in the dry. Tyre wear needs to be like x4 or x5 which then should force wet tyre runners into a pit stop.
From what I’ve seen if the race starts wet don’t bother pitting. Just stay out.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Here Comes the Rain Again

Three new racing challenges are available in Gran Turismo 7’s Daily Races, covering the next seven days of the game’s ranked online multiplayer and bringing the rare test of changing weather conditions to the mix...

Race B is RM and not RH?
Won’t have time to log in until this evening so I haven’t been in a race to verify.

I finally cracked, Race A has me prioritizing my sanity over my pride. Traction control is on 1 for the first time in literal years and all it took was a Ferrari 430 on Sports Hards. So that's my limit.

Couldn't break into the 0.59s at all so I tried watching an 80th or something-ranked 59.7xx and I noticed TCS was lit up the whole way round the lap. That restored my faith, and led me to a decent 59.8 with the optimal .7 very attainable.

Really enjoying this race although it does leave you hungry for more, both in terms of track length and actual racing opportunities. I've managed pole once, which was a dull P-2-F and another Q2 which had some very clean mirroring of the 59.7 quali person up front. I stitched myself up on the final lap with penalties, but prior to that, moments for a clean overtake were hard to come by.

Will be keeping at this one for a few days to see how the leaderboards and the racing progress.

On a side note, what's with the participation spread in Race A on a Monday afternoon? I've been joined by two or three A/S drivers and the rest have all been B/S (I'm midway into DR A). Do the top tier drivers really avoid it, or is it more a case of human time schedules?

I finally cracked, Race A has me prioritizing my sanity over my pride. Traction control is on 1 for the first time in literal years and all it took was a Ferrari 430 on Sports Hards. So that's my limit.

Couldn't break into the 0.59s at all so I tried watching an 80th or something-ranked 59.7xx and I noticed TCS was lit up the whole way round the lap. That restored my faith, and led me to a decent 59.8 with the optimal .7 very attainable.

Really enjoying this race although it does leave you hungry for more, both in terms of track length and actual racing opportunities. I've managed pole once, which was a dull P-2-F and another Q2 which had some very clean mirroring of the 59.7 quali person up front. I stitched myself up on the final lap with penalties, but prior to that, moments for a clean overtake were hard to come by.

Will be keeping at this one for a few days to see how the leaderboards and the racing progress.

On a side note, what's with the participation spread in Race A on a Monday afternoon? I've been joined by two or three A/S drivers and the rest have all been B/S (I'm midway into DR A). Do the top tier drivers really avoid it, or is it more a case of human time schedules?
TCS = 0 and you'll bring about 0.3" ;-)

12-8-14-10

No, these aren't my pick for the national lottery 🤣 These are my changes in position during my first race at Laguna Seca 🫣

To start with, track was infested with Porsches 🤣 I think only myself and 2 more didn't drive the meta. That car is still my unicorn, can't drive it to save my life! M6 Sprint is comfy for me here at least.

My qualy time so far is a 1:22:5.

Off to a great start and was in P9 after Sector 1 of lap 2. Guy in front goes off track twice heading into the corkscrew, going slow and with dirty tires.

He brakes early so I take the inside cleanly and heading out downhill with P8 in my pocket. Nope!

He couldn't accept that so a nice, full-on shove from the side and I'm off in a spin and in the gravel. Down to P14 with 3 laps left. Managed to keep my head and finished right behind P9 but would have been fun to see what I could have managed if I wasn't taken out..

Still, seems Race B will be fun this week if the contact doesn't happen every time!

Attachments

• 1876bcd032915-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1876bcd032915-screenshotUrl.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 15
  • 1876bd4871472-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1876bd4871472-screenshotUrl.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Well darn.... I lost my A this morning (that was quick - 1 week)! Lost it somewhere in a dry lagoon of california. If anyone finds it, let me know. (Shoved off at turn 3, couldn't recover.)

I have a feeling I will be bouncing around this threshold for awhile, so I won't bore everyone with my dr status any longer.

Now I need to get signed up for manu, I would prefer to have those extra slot options.

Ran a race at spa also, RH all race, finished 4th. I was glad to see the sylvia in the leader boards because I've always liked driving it.

Quick takeaway after having done four daily A:

F430 is nice to drive, as expected. Lago Maggiore West End isn’t really a good track. As expected. IMO. Again a too compact track and that new hairpin (T5?) is quite awful. Car doesn’t live up to its full potential here either, if one wants to keep an Italian theme, let’s have Monza (with or without chicane) or perhaps the longer Sardegna version.

The race is five laps, one lap takes a minute. Add a little bit of loading time and warm-up to that, you could still have races at 00, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 00 etc. on the clock. Way too much waiting in between. I’m sure even a PS4 could manage that (anyone test?), else it needs to be cut.

Last edited:
Well I think that’s me done on Daily C for the week.
Done 3 race so far and ive never seen so much dirty driving. I’m sure people are way dirty in Gr4 cars. In my lobby I had a few drivers from last week who all drove cleanly and fairly, yet this week those same drivers and others just seem to send it in even corner, or use the push to pass method.
I knew they a reason why I don’t do many Gr4 Daily Races and today just proved why I avoid them

Went with the Silvia (not as it looks like one of the meta cars) but purely as I like the car. Average lap time is 2.33 for me which i think is poor.
Race 1 some ahead starts on W when it’s dry. I’m obviously faster and overtake them, but coming to the chicane (Les Combes) they just send and hit me and a few others off and then quit. Later on in race into Pouhon a car behind just sends its, uses me as a brake and pushes me off. Finished P14
Race 2 I go with the Mclaren as i hared it’s decent round here…well I thought it was awful. Handles well but felt slow and I was nearly 1-2 seconds slower than my Silvia race pace. Bus stop chicane car behind has a good run but I cover the inside. Before we even get to the apex they are just ahead but decide to turn straight into so they could avoid the slow car ahead. Next lap the driver behind was always trying to send it into my inside, then at Stavelot I’m already on the apex and they sent it hit me and spun me off.
Race 3 was the worst of the lot. So the track was damp but dry were the tyres to run. Lap 2 into Les Combes I make a clean move on the inside but the car behind rear ends me, another see were are now going slowing so decides they are going to send it over the grass to gain a position but actually hits another car which then starts the pinball effect. I’ve lost 3 places in all this and then get hit again by another car behind on full throttle. Later in the lap I’m pushed off at Blanchimont by a car who just served a penalty and deliberately ran me off the road. Next lap at the bus stop car behind must be at least a 1 second back and just sends it. If they missed there braking far enough, but the fact they tried to us me as an extra brake when they could have steered left and avoided me.

Im not bothered about losing DR as I’m on my 2nd account but in 3 races I’ve lose a quarter of DR points. It’s not fun racing when the races have been dirty and you lose huge amounts of DR.

Little quicker this week but have to put it down to the car, this thing is a monster round Spa, I started 2 seconds ahead in pole.

View attachment 1246760
How is it in the wet? I was going to focus QT with an AWD for the rain... And I don't like qualifying with a different car than I race. So I don't won't to set a blazer in the Silvia just to bail back to the Veyron for the race.

Latest Posts

Back