GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,041 comments
Road Atlanta 15 Laps with a mandatory pit in Gr3? Sign me the hell up. Finally a good Race C that doesn't feel like I'm comfort cruising. RA always produces good racing. Imagine a lot of cars will be competitive th
I ran a test this morning with BoP on and the same tyre wear and fuel. I predict it's a no stopper.
Granted I tested with the BRZ but this is my tyres after 15 laps
View attachment 1247996

Now, a pitstop for tyres only is 30 seconds so you have to be at least 2 seconds faster per lap. I think that will be hard with traffic.
View attachment 1247997

And here's the mediums after 8 laps
View attachment 1247998

I ran the BMW M6 after the 30 laps in the BRZ and was only .3 faster over a lap, even if I was much faster on the long straight.
So I believe in the handling cars over the power cars. 911, RS01, BRZ, and the MR's
Don’t forget the V 12 Vantage. It handles business just like a nagging ex wife 😏 I never been married actually but I’ve had a few girlfriends I’m glad I never made a ex wife 🍻

I ran a test this morning with BoP on and the same tyre wear and fuel. I predict it's a no stopper.
Granted I tested with the BRZ but this is my tyres after 15 laps
View attachment 1247996

Now, a pitstop for tyres only is 30 seconds so you have to be at least 2 seconds faster per lap. I think that will be hard with traffic.
View attachment 1247997

And here's the mediums after 8 laps
View attachment 1247998

I ran the BMW M6 after the 30 laps in the BRZ and was only .3 faster over a lap, even if I was much faster on the long straight.
So I believe in the handling cars over the power cars. 911, RS01, BRZ, and the MR's
Even though it wasn’t BoP, the 911 ran two seconds faster than everything else I drove, including the RS01. It’s of course highly unscientific. I may run a practice lobby tomorrow just to find out!

If there is a mandatory pitstop then my test is out the window. But I have seen no indication of that at all. If there isn't it's a no-stopper for sure
yeah I think what it'll come down to is "can you be faster enough on RM to make pitting extremely early/extremely late viable" otherwise you're right it'll be a no stopper.

Personally I think races this long should have a required pit stop just to introduce some strategy to it vs just chase the leader

yeah I think what it'll come down to is "can you be faster enough on RM to make pitting extremely early/extremely late viable" otherwise you're right it'll be a no stopper.

Personally I think races this long should have a required pit stop just to introduce some strategy to it vs just chase the leader
Agreed! Or they could increase tire wear or fuel consumption. Would be nice if it was actual strategy rather than a mandatory drive thru

I haven't driven online for more than 6 month as i have a little baby at home. I just realized i don't want to subscribe to PS+ any more as i haven't got a good game through that in ages (already had sackboy, try it!).

I also realised i want Platinum on my current account too, so i started to get at least the 50 races in, that i need for the trophy.

Took me 10 races at Laguna Seca with my Mazda Atenza Gr.3 this week to get from E/B to C/A. 9 times within the top 5 (twice i tried starting from the back for fun, once getting to third because people fight a lot and once getting into the fights and out of the tarmac - never again), winning 4 of them.

Will try a bit more on Saturday and Sunday morning. I think it was easy to gain as casuals have a problem controlling Gr.3 cars at Laguna Seca. Getting to B/S could get harder at Suzuka in Gr.4 next week because it's "easier" to get around.

Edit: Kind of fun though. Maybe i stay subscribed for GT. :-)
After 15 races i was already at a B Rating but also B for the safety rating. Very chaotic because the Atenza needs a long braking distance coming up to a corner and others are not so Gentleman like to not punt you. Changed to the Gr.3 Audi and settled in mid B with safety rating A after 21 races, 5 wins and 18 top5 finishes. I am more confident now that i can stay in B and get an S safety rating next week in Gr.4 Suzuka. I am Curious which cars will dominate there. I like the Gr.4 Hyundai, Mustang, Supra, GR86...

Agreed! Or they could increase tire wear or fuel consumption. Would be nice if it was actual strategy rather than a mandatory drive thru
For sure! Lap times in GR.3 cars at Road Atlanta are going to be in the 1:2x:xxx and lower so even a 20 lap race would be done in less than 30 minutes which I think is a fine amount of time for a long form daily. Within that constraint I think you can absolutely mandate all three compounds, up the wear, up the fuel usage, and make it a real strategy type race.

After giving up on the hope of not getting murdered on main account daily races, decided to test out next week's Race B at Road Atlanta.

Assuming the BoP setting will match this week's (low) at Laguna Seca, I stayed taking pictures of all the weight and power settings of the Gr3 cars and then setting the cars that way as well.

Don't hold the times against me as I only did 4 laps per car for testing and let me say, some surprising results - for me at least...

The only problem is Road Atlanta is even narrower than LS so not too hopeful for clean races next week 🤐

Attachments

• 18785f8d74041-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18785f8d74041-screenshotUrl.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 15
In race I just saw this guy seemingly cut the whole section and appear in front of me and in 2nd place, I was thinking WTH??

In replay, could you get a more perfect bump than this, he almost reaches 1st with no cutting penalty!

To quote on old Backstreet Boys song, "I want it that way!" Not that I ever listen to boy bands, but to quote another oldie from a group with a name that fits with sim racing, "I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend". <ahem>

In race I just saw this guy seemingly cut the whole section and appear in front of me and in 2nd place, I was thinking WTH??

In replay, could you get a more perfect bump than this, he almost reaches 1st with no cutting penalty!

Oh that so jammy! I’ve seen others to benefit from been punted off on that corner and gain positions. For what ever reason the game knows you been punted off on that corner and then allows you to cut the corner without penalty. Yet at Watkins last week the game couldn’t work out you had been punted off into the wall so it gives you a 5 second penalty.

Keep your eyes open and stay attentive, else no CRB for you!

And this was quite a fun daily A with a nice driver I stumbled across, even though it’s essentially a 1on1. I was doubting this race a bit but once I put in a good qualifying time it changes a lot, to the better. Good fun with the right people.

Tried jumping on a 10pm Race C, quickly reminded why I stopped bothering.

This tit for tat, suicidal revenge over the slightest perceived contact, I'm sure it's fun for some people? Man is it tiring and dull. And of course if you don't stick the elbows out too, you're quickly shoved to the back.

Feel for those who may only get the late hours to race.

it's taken me around 800 hours, but yesterday after a couple of good tyre choices in race C and some good consistent lapping, I've finally reached A+ DR, something I never thought I'd manage especially given I race on controller (and recently adapted to DualSense).

mpT3tKS.jpg

Had a race with Super GT earlier this week and very briefly feature in his video about race C this week, and had a tussle with J Needham/mariosonic during the race that granted me A+ ranking and it was good fun. I can't imagine I'll manage to keep this ranking for long, but I'm so, SO happy that I've managed to achieve it at least once.
Wondering if anyone will try to Genesis G70 in Race C or if everyone will just stick with the "meta" Silvia? 7 second margin of victory in zero rain.

View attachment 1248143

I haven't touched the Silvia this week, I ran the NSX a couple of times but have stuck to the McLaren for everything since probably Tuesday. Racing the meta is extremely boring, and I'll gladly take the possible worse result for running a different car and making things actually interesting.

Last edited:

Yep seen that before. If you bump the guy in front, no matter how minor, they can cut the entire corner with no repercussions.

Probably should have done what I said in my previous post and left the dailies but there is also that "just one more race" thing that happens.

Was pretty bad on Friday and I finally snapped when someone took themselves off track two seconds in front of me. Then apparently decided that was my fault and speared me into the wall at no name.

I am ashamed to say things got pretty ugly and I finished race with DR B from S.

Spent much of today trading my DR for SR & finally got back to S again but I am now low DR C as a result.

Oh well it's been mostly a fun weeks racing and I enjoyed driving the Huracan (not sure why more folks are not racing this. It's got similar straight line speed to the Silvia, doesn't drive like a brick on wheels in corners and 4WD which makes it easier to handle when it rains.)

Looking forward to Road Atlanta next week and hopefully can rebuild my DR.

@TheOneDonJuan "the senders" is totally getting added to my GT vocabulary!

I must admit I've been accused of being a sender, but it was at Brand's Hatch in the Group 4s a few weeks ago and it was completely down to getting caught out with fuel load and cold tyres in my first couple of races.

Just sharing my beautiful World record of the F430 .. I hope PD put more combos like this with strong rwd cars on sport hard tires. So much more feeling and adrenaline. Love love love ittt!!! Just wish pd to eliminate the unnecessary understeer. The f430 has both oversteer and understeer and it fluctuates between them like crazy lol

when I've been bumped from behind and pushed off there, I will cut the corner to stay ahead of the person that pushed me off as far too many people won't give the position back, but I won't deliberately take more of the corner than I have to do make that happen.

Next...weeks races are gonna be fun. I do C but B is more my thing.

In typical PD fashion you can run the medium really long for C so I can see a first or last stop one there :(

B is a bit interesting in GR4 since the update. Weirdly I set my fastest times in the 458 as the gearing seems really matched for the circuit.

I like these sort of weeks. Just for time reasons I'll gravitate to B but C could be fun

Edit "best" for Next...damn auto correct

Last edited:
Back