GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,041 comments
Question guys, I’m getting severe under steer whilst practicing for the inter Lagos manufactures race tomorrow, really don’t know why, I’m ps5, gt dd pro and I’ve tried a daily in race b and not getting it there or either in gt sport on the same track, anyone have any thoughts about?
Are you using the auto settings on your DD pro? There's a shudder when you're turning too much causing understeer.

Oh well it's been mostly a fun weeks racing and I enjoyed driving the Huracan (not sure why more folks are not racing this. It's got similar straight line speed to the Silvia, doesn't drive like a brick on wheels in corners and 4WD which makes it easier to handle when it rains.)
I found the Huracan to be crazy unstable under braking. I could barely brake in a straight line and the slightest turn of the wheel would send it spinning. Prob just my driving though. That was before the update and physics change so not sure what its like now though.

Are you using the auto settings on your DD pro? There's a shudder when you're turning too much causing understeer.
Thanks for the reply, I think it was mainly new physics and getting used to them, needed a little change in brake balance etc, took a third place at interlagos

Done the first few Daily C this morning.

No stopping on hards with the McLaren 650S. Starting at the back with no quali time I have have finished 6th or 7th. (apart from one race I forgot to change tyres at the start and didn't realise I was on mediums until lap 14, pitted and finish 9th) Still not bad for a pleb like me.

Might try some other cars later when I have time and see how the tyre wear on them is when no stopping.

Am I the only one getting anxious when followed by drivers with "Senna" in his nickname?

Also, I'm tired of being paired with B/B and even B/C drivers when I'm C/S. It doesn't matter if they actually ram me or not: I can't drive the same way when I know I'm surrounded by rammers.

I get this all the time too and often it's me as a lone C / S with all the dirty B's. A player with SR A / B I try to give benefit of doubt as you can hit that after one bad race. Heck I have posted enough times about me snapping but I take the hint usually and work back to SR S as a priority at the expense of my DR.

The folks that worry me are SR C / D those folks didn't get that from one bad race and they are not learning lessons. If I can't drive away from them I start to drive extremely defensively which I find pretty exhausting to do and not fun.

Sometimes it's just easier to let them go and more often than not pass them later in the race when they have wrecked themselves or someone better at "defensive driving" than me wrecks then.

Last edited:
For the folk joining the first dailies of the week and talking about their experience, especially with regards to tire wear and whether or not pitting makes sense, could you include your DR/SR? There's enough of a skill difference between lower DR levels and higher DR levels that what works for high B/A/A+ isn't necessarily going to work for D/C rankings.

Wow that sounds more like a rant than I intended it to!

Anyways that'd be super cool thanks!

Why are they doing this? No stop, fuel saving races are boring. I don’t get why PD thinks this is a good idea.
It is fine when both ways are viable, though I often do prefer the no-stop races vs powering through when all options are given.
I dont like spending time in the pits.

It is fine when both ways are viable, though I often do prefer the no-stop races vs powering through when all options are given.
I dont like spending time in the pits.
plus this pit lane entry is one of the more annoying. very easy to pick up a penalty. much better to just no-stop it.

For the folk joining the first dailies of the week and talking about their experience, especially with regards to tire wear and whether or not pitting makes sense, could you include your DR/SR? There's enough of a skill difference between lower DR levels and higher DR levels that what works for high B/A/A+ isn't necessarily going to work for D/C rankings.

Agree.
The amount of times I’ve tried to compare myself to A+ drivers and implement similar driving has cost me lap times and races.
Tyre saving I don’t think they is too much of a difference as it’s all down to how smoothly you can drive, but they is still a gap issue though for some. GTWS on Saturday a driver in my race was in the BRZ and due to how they were driving had 4 red tyres, while I had half red.
Fuel saving though they is a big difference. A lot of the A+ driver can save fuel and still do similar lap times as me who is going going flat out. I think it was a GTWS event Dragon Trail in Gr4 cars, I was advised by an A+ YTer a no stop is the way forward. Entered the race tried to fuel save, but the front runners pulled a huge gap on me they could pit and come out in front of me, yet the cars behind 1 stopping were able to overtake me and then re overtake me after there pit stop. In the end I re entered the next slot and did a one stop and managed to get a better result as I was going much quicker and doing similar laps time to those around.

And to add onto this further, one should include if they're using a wheel or controller... especially when recommending a certain car. One's experience with a given car could differ from someone else's just based on the hardware. A car that is super planted and great on tires while using a controller may not be the case for someone on a wheel, or vice-versa. This is why I list all of my stuff in my signature.

Minor things, but some context is always a bonus is all.

Agree.
The amount of times I’ve tried to compare myself to A+ drivers and implement similar driving has cost me lap times and races.
Tyre saving I don’t think they is too much of a difference as it’s all down to how smoothly you can drive, but they is still a gap issue though for some. GTWS on Saturday a driver in my race was in the BRZ and due to how they were driving had 4 red tyres, while I had half red.
Fuel saving though they is a big difference. A lot of the A+ driver can save fuel and still do similar lap times as me who is going going flat out. I think it was a GTWS event Dragon Trail in Gr4 cars, I was advised by an A+ YTer a no stop is the way forward. Entered the race tried to fuel save, but the front runners pulled a huge gap on me they could pit and come out in front of me, yet the cars behind 1 stopping were able to overtake me and then re overtake me after there pit stop. In the end I re entered the next slot and did a one stop and managed to get a better result as I was going much quicker and doing similar laps time to those around.
Absolutely agreed! I can tire save with the best of them but I don't have the skill set (yet, hopefully) to tire save, fuel save, and also be fast enough!
And to add onto this further, one should include if they're using a wheel or controller... especially when recommending a certain car. One's experience with a given car could differ from someone else's just based on the hardware. A car that is super planted and great on tires while using a controller may not be the case for someone on a wheel, or vice-versa. This is why I list all of my stuff in my signature.

Yes, context! It's great that there are highly skilled drivers here sharing their tips, knowledge, and ideas. That's how our community can grow, develop skills, and pass that knowledge down to the next set of drivers. But the added context of "here's my control scheme, here's my rankings, then here's my strategy thoughts" would be super helpful for those of us trying to learn.

None of that is to say "please Tingy (sorry using you as an example name lol) hold my hand because I need you do to additional labor to make things easier for me", nothing like that is intended!

It's more along the lines of "if you've got the time/energy/capacity to include that information please, it's super helpful!"

jumped in for one race C and B monday morning.

Race C, I had a decent qualy (for monday morning) in both the renault and the genesis. The genesis felt a bit slippy so I raced the renault (controller user here, high B). Actually started P4, but there were about 4 A+ lurking at the back of the grid without QT, just waiting to pounce. No-stop on RHs is my strat, was running P5 around lap 5 when I clipped grass. Race is effectively over, just practice laps now. I only saw ~4 go into the pits and most finished behind me. Can easily finish on no-stop RHs, just a small dropoff in times.

I've mentioned before that I just do not know how to drive group4 and today was further evidence! I have a lot work to do to put in a mildy competitve time in race B. Didn't do a whole lot of QT laps (tried 650s and silvia) but was way (way!) off the pace.

I always think it takes a day or 2 for things to settle down as us mere mortals need more adapting time. The Monday morning strat/car/laptimes don't settle till mid week.

That said if you can make hay while the sunshine's....

I typically always do my best times on Saturday or frustratingly Sunday night...

Last edited:
My first week of Daily Races on PlayStation 5! Wooop!

My early impressions are that the DualSense haptic feedback and the higher frame rate really contribute to the immersion. Even without a full wheel setup, the tactile response gives a wonderful sense of connection to the road and the smoother graphics just pull you into the action.

Aside from that, anecdotally I would say the lobbies are slightly more populated and the driving seems a little less devil-may-care than what I've grown to expect, especially on a Monday. Had a handful of fun battles in Race B.

Would be cool if you could put that underneath your Tag in GTP like your Gamertag or Country.

I'll be attempting to be on the Viper this week and if it doesn't fly I'll switch to the AMG. In the Americas I have to spend Mondays watching the Euro-folk figure it out for us while I wait for the work day to finish.

Last edited:
Would be cool if you could put that underneath your Tag in GTP like your Gamertag or Country.

I'll be attempting to be on the Viper this week and if it doesn't fly I'll switch to the AMG. In the Americas I have to spend Mondays watching the Euro-folk figure it out for us while I wait for the work day to finish.

And us Europeans have the benefit of the Australasia figure it out for us :)

Last edited:
Back