GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,041 comments
Well, I spent a good chunk of the past week doing this again, this time from an opposite win perspective as opposed to last time. Fewer and shorter races but still.

2023 WEEK 15 // DAILY RACE A — FERRARI F430 ’06 at LAGO MAGGIORE WEST END // CREDIT REWARDS

1: 7th / 6,682 (CRB)
2: 9th / 6,217 (CRB)
3: 5th / 8,136 (CRB)
4: 10th / 3,952 (NO)
5: 7th / 6,682 (CRB)
6: 8th / 6,450 (CRB)
7: 6th / 4,843 (NO)
8: 4th / 5,811 (NO)
9: 4th / 8,716 (CRB)
10: 4th / 5,811 (NO)
11: 6th / 7,264 (CRB)
12: 5th / 8.136 (CRB)
13: 8th / 6,450 (CRB)
14: 4th / 8,716 (CRB)
15: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
16: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
17: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
18: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
19: 2nd / 11,041 (CRB)
20: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
21: 2nd / 11,041 (CRB)
22: 4th / 5,811 (NO)
23: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
24: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
25: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
26: 2nd / 11,041 (CRB)
27: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
28: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
29: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
30: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
31: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
32: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
33: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
34: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
35: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
36: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
37: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
38: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
39: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
40: 2nd / 11,041 (CRB)
41: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
42: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
43: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
44: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
45: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
46: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
47: 5th / 8,136 (CRB)
48: 2nd / 11,041 (CRB)
49: 2nd / 11,041 (CRB)
50: 2nd / 11,041 (CRB)
51: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
52: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
53: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
54: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
55: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
56: 2nd / 11,041 (CRB)
57: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
58: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
59: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
60: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
61: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
62: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
63: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
64: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
65: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
66: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
67: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
68: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
69: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
70: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
71: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
72: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
73: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
74: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
75: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
76: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
77: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
78: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
79: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
80: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
81: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
82: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
83: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
84: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
85: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
86: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
87: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
88: 2nd / 11,041 (CRB)
89: 2nd / 7,361 (NO)
90: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
91: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
92: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
93: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
94: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
95: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
96: 1st / 16,854 (CRB)
97: 2nd / 11,041 (CRB)

TOTAL EARNINGS: 1,405,364 [1,179,780 (70 wins) + 225,584 (27 non win results)]
CLEAN RACE BONUS: 91/97 (93,81%)
RACE INFO: 5 laps / ~5m 2s / ~12,5 kms
TOTAL LAPS: 485
TOTAL KMS: ~1,212 kms
TOTAL TIME SPENT: ~8 hours 8 min (~29,294 seconds) EXCLUDING WAITING TIME*
POSITION STATS:
1st (70), 2nd (11), 3rd (0), 4th (5), 5th (3), 6th (2), 7th (2), 8th (2), 9th (1), 10th (1)

At the same time, people are getting 727,500 Cr (CRB included) or 825,000 Cr (CRB incl) for doing the offline WTC 800 Sardegna or WTC 600 Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise in ~23, 24, 25 minutes, winning by an eternity, lapping the AI once/twice meanwhile the above here is the result of 70 wins online. I’m not necessarily saying the credits need to match exactly but the contrast is just absolutely astronomical. Again, this is of course not news to anyone but it’s data I’m happy to share and compare.

So yeah, two wins at offline Sardegna is more credits (1,455,000) than 97 online races, of which 70 were wins and 91 with clean race bonus where the former is less than an hour spent and the latter is north of eight hours, excluding waiting time.

PD:
Hmmm. Have a problem with how credits are earned.

Solution:
Reduce in game credits to match online earnings.

Fixed

W

I’m interested in this also as this is my exact current level. I‘m currently a low end B driver and struggle to get any decent results. Finishing mid-pack is a good result for me and is celebrated with a beer. In low B lobbies, there’s some questionable driving and hugely aggressive overtakes I’ve been seeing that sends multiple cars off track.

I find high C lobbies to be more enjoyable. People are competitive but a little more conservative trying to put together decent results, maybe aiming for solid top-5 results rather balls out driving to get podiums.
Just my observation.
could be something like the high cs are trying to advance and the low bs are struggling to remain in b? like I feel more pressure to perform when I reach a new ranking moreso than when I'm approaching a new ranking because it's a tenuous grasp that I have on that new rank.

either way I find the same things. I've also adjusted my expectations of skill and cleanliness in my C lobbies. We're not A/A+ with SR S rankings, we're Ds and Cs with SR B at best most of the time. Unless it's horribad it's probably just skill issues lol

EDIT:
Been experimenting with different GR.3 for Road Atlanta and I think I'm settling on the Viper. I can get it to turn better than just about any of the other cars I've tried with and it's the only one I can even sniff a 1:19 with. On RH I'm about 3/4 to a full second off my RM time which is fine with me idk. Definitely a non-stop race though unless you're looking to tank DR lol

Last edited:
I tried a race C last night but the lobby froze before the race started. A little bummed to hear it's another no stop strategy. Even if doesn't change the order in the end I feel like pit-stops always make the races more lively and engaging. I do like road Atlanta with GR 3. It gives the impression that you are on the edge the whole lap.

There's also a big difference in FFB with the new update. Everything seems more nuanced in a good way.

Did a couple of race B's with setting a QT time. I managed to gain quite a few places just by staying on track but there is a lot to smooth out before I'm at the sharp end of the pack.

I tried a race C last night but the lobby froze before the race started. A little bummed to hear it's another no stop strategy. Even if doesn't change the order in the end I feel like pit-stops always make the races more lively and engaging. I do like road Atlanta with GR 3. It gives the impression that you are on the edge the whole lap.

There's also a big difference in FFB with the new update. Everything seems more nuanced in a good way.

Did a couple of race B's with setting a QT time. I managed to gain quite a few places just by staying on track but there is a lot to smooth out before I'm at the sharp end of the pack.

It's not everyone's cup of tea but I really enjoyed the willow springs race, sure it was a TT fest but it was super fun.

This weeks B although a sprint is like that as there is a clear gap between people's qually and race pace and 5 long laps helps

Enjoying Suzuka this week. Seems to be another case of the Silvia being pretty dominant, but I've been holding my own in the 650S, starting top 5 the last two days and generally managing to hold position or gain a little because of mistakes. Not a huge fan of Road Atlanta this week, again the problem seems to be the pit lane times as it was last week. I can understand the time it took at Spa cause that pit lane is insanely long, but the pit time could easily be shorter this time to actually make swapping to mediums a viable strategy rather than just running a no stop on Hards. I don't think I'll be spending any more time in Race C this week as it stands, I'm enjoying Race B though.

Also hit my 1000th race in Sport mode today which is pretty mad.

Last edited:
Enjoying Suzuka this week. Seems to be another case of the Silvia being pretty dominant, but I've been holding my own in the 650S, starting top 5 the last two days and generally managing to hold position or gain a little because of mistakes. Not a huge fan of Road Atlanta this week, again the problem seems to be the pit lane times as it was last week. I can understand the time it took at Spa cause that pit lane is insanely long, but the pit time could easily be shorter this time to actually make swapping to mediums a viable strategy rather than just running a no stop on Hards. I don't think I'll be spending any more time in Race C this week as it stands, I'm enjoying Race B though.

Also hit my 1000th race in Sport mode today which is pretty mad.

It's not a silva only race as the Ferrari, Supra, McLaren, TT cab all do well.

It favours handling cars this week. The straight is a smoke and mirrors if you can't get through the essess quick enough as that is where all of the lap time really starts as it's about braveness beyond them.

Can confirm that even in lower ranked lobbies no stopping on RH is vastly superior to stopping with RM which is a shame why is RM even allowed other than to set qualifying times you can't ever hope to replicate with the racing tires. Honestly feels kinda stupid on PDs part as I can't figure out at all why they'd do that.

anyways, it's road atlanta and still super fun, just another dumb daily design decision from PD. Might trademark that one, next week look forward to whether or not HK thinks the upcoming dallies are DDDD or not :D

Did one race yeterday. Started in 3rd in a B/A lobby with a 1:18.9 and ended up in 9th after eating it twice on Lap 3 and Lap 7. Both mistakes on my part. RA beckons you to try and get cute. It's not like Laguna where you know you can't. RA you think you can and off you go into the shadow realm. The turn after the chicane, the turn after the initial sweep, the turn after the esses, the turn right before the straight....all tempting. Also just not worth fighting that much. If you're patient and just race your race you'll get a Top 5.

Another race C today, set a slightly quicker quali but only good enough for 4th (was 3rd when the lobby opened but someone teleported ahead of me for the race start!?) Lost a few places trying to stay out of trouble with the front three but slowly made them back with some lovely clean racing from all involved! 4th place until top two pitted (one stop most definitely the best strategy but you’re never getting fastest lap if anyone starts on mediums!) so a solid second.

AA782A1E-21A6-4666-A62A-8E1990D9DD55.jpeg

Doing wonders for my DR but why no clean race bonus again!? No penalties at all this time and only minimal contact when bumped by others as they overtook, yet still no clean race bonus over 15 laps! Bonkers!

In summary, enjoyable race with some great racing by others and sensible race decisions, shame to be cheated out of a clean race bonus. It’s not easy to avoid a single penalty on RH tyres at Road Atlanta over 15 laps!!

Did my first Race B of the week and started dead last with my not so amazing 2:12:4 after about 15 qualy laps.

Still... Kept my cool, took advantage of people's mistakes and opportunities when they were fighting each other and finished P11, so not too bad 🙂

Put some more practice and I've improved to 2:11:7 (I think) but no time to race again as gonna watch John Wick 4 tonight 🤣 Have a good race week everyone!

Attachments

• 18795d8e9771-screenshotUrl (1).jpg
    18795d8e9771-screenshotUrl (1).jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 13
Did one race yeterday. Started in 3rd in a B/A lobby with a 1:18.9 and ended up in 9th after eating it twice on Lap 3 and Lap 7. Both mistakes on my part. RA beckons you to try and get cute. It's not like Laguna where you know you can't. RA you think you can and off you go into the shadow realm. The turn after the chicane, the turn after the initial sweep, the turn after the esses, the turn right before the straight....all tempting. Also just not worth fighting that much. If you're patient and just race your race you'll get a Top 5.
oh yeah RA baits you into making incredibly stupid decisions and then goes "lol u thought u were something special eat barry-r pleb" and then you're last and sad about it.

But when you get it right it is one of the most satisfying laps you can turn in Gran Turismo. For me it is right up there with some of the legendary racing circuits like Spa, Daytona RC, Le Mans, Bathurst in that at first glance the circuit is deceptively straightforward. Anyone can set a clean lap there if they're paying attention and not pushing at all but as soon as you go chasing lap times it becomes some twisted bestial version of itself. The corners come up faster, being off camber suddenly means something, 10B is there just waiting to send you into the wall, T5 begs you to "just take it a little quicker" until blammo you're off track for a 1.5 second penalty.

LOVE this place and there's fantastic reasons IMSA ends their season there with a 10 hour battle not only against competitors but the circuit itself wants to ruin your day from the drop of the green flag. Good times :D

I've re-entered the world of working and have had limited time for GT7. Last weeks races just were not it, so no big deal.

Road Atlanta, Gr.3, 15 Laps, No-Pit Strategy,

Sorry, you had me at Gr3. Anyways, with my newly limited time, I need to make the best of it.

Started p14 finished p7, nothing remarkable about that. A few really good laps successfully defending that last 'S' turn before the start/finish line, but pretty much solo driving outside those few laps. So again, nothing really stands out. But this was one of my best races, ever. It was the exact formula on "How to (Eventually) Win A Race". I don't feel like the time itself is competitive enough to win. But you don't always win by setting the fastest time. Sometimes, being consistent is all you need to get you over the finish line in first. I don't usually feel pride in any of my races, but this one really got me feeling good.

1.jpg
2.jpg

My confidence with the Porsche was too high entering the Road Atlanta races this evening and I was very unprepared to say the least. Only had a few laps of practice on the hard tires and that didn't help any.

My first race had me in P2 and @TheOneDonJuan right behind me. They got to see my awesome driving wide off the track and totally ruin my race technique. Some drama when a driver in front of me messed up the final chicane entry and I make a pass. But upon their track re-entry, we make contact. I did accidentally squeeze them on the outside of the turn leading to the finish straight. They then proceed to murder me at the end of the esses and that's no fun. So, I might have "accidentally" gotten into the back of them the next lap and sent them to the shadow realm when they lost control in front of me. Not my proudest moment. I finish P9 in the end. Yikes, that was a rough race.

Race 2 has me on pole! I lead for the first 3 laps but get squirrely in the esses and almost lose it, but I hang on and fall to P6. There is a large gap to P7 so I settle in and turn some laps. Then people started to pit and I moved up to P3. I almost blow a 10 second gap when I had a difficult time with the tire wear late in the race. It was way worse than the last race and that threw me for a loop.

An interesting start for me at Road Atlanta. The tire wear was more than I was expecting and caught me off guard as I mentioned before. Now that I know what to expect it should go better the next time I race.

Interesting races tonight. Got binned twice which led me to getting 10th and 12th from the 3rd and 4th positions. My second race at least put a little smile on my face though. Had a dirty driver in a Porsche with a shark face who proceeded to take me out Lap 1 during the straight. Just a straight up take out attempt. Clips my back fender, I spin out and my race is over. Upon watching the replay I notice the driver behind him (Emilio_2971) saw the whole thing, chased him down and proceeded to take him out after the chicane. So kudos to Emilio for coming to my aid after he saw that.

If I could buy him a virtual beer, I would.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m enjoying B race with some good racing so far this week. Had a quite few top 5’s, a few 6-7 places and only one disaster p13.

Practice lobbies last weekend, I was fastest and most solid in the Silvia but come Monday it dealt me that p13 disaster race early on.

I went back to my second best car from over the weekend which was the RCZ and dropped to a high 2:11 right away so I went racing and placed top 5 in my first race with it.
Between races I dropped my time to a 2:11.2 and shared the lap with tag gtp16 if anyone wants to try an FF which is pretty competitive on this layout. haven’t seen another one in any of my races yet.

At the start I always pull away from the car behind no matter what is behind me going into t1. The trickiest part is not overly throttling in the esse so you continue to carry good speed and not cook the tires.

I’ve made many more gaps hitting the straights than ever being overtaken.
Coming out of spoon I’ve made passes stick and have been amazed at how well the car is working.

Easy 2:10 in the right hands but that’s not me 😜

Had this happen two laps in a row yesterday and laughed just as hard the second time.
He’s got awesome brakes.!

04F70F11-BFAA-4999-B2FC-A76E3CC25BAA.jpeg
A1FD1959-CC4F-48ED-8518-6DD2636E4E4C.jpeg

Last edited:
(First ever post) Just got the game on Friday, tried out Daily Race A once last week after install and it was overwhelming to say the least (PS4/T300RS GT). Really got into the game for the first time yesterday and I must say that the handling model is lightyears clear of GT Sport which I didn't expect.

To get to the Daily Race part:
I started with Daily Race C in the 911 RSR. First Race without QT was horrendous. Even trying to keep my distance to the pack the first two laps were absolute carnage leading to a rage quit in my first race. Third time's the charm I thought and entered the race from P7 with a QT which saw me not even make it to T1 as P6 decided to absolutely murder me. So that was that and I have decided not to return to RA this week.
Next I tried Daily Race B and it was beautiful. First race without QT in the McLaren had me go from P13 to P6, first race with a QT (2.12.150) saw me go from P4 down to P6 after bottling T1 but after 5 of the most intense laps of virtual racing I managed to claim P2 in a race which had P2-P6 within 3 secs of each other with a lap to go. So satisfying. I must say that I'm already in love with the game but the payout the latter race was infuriating. Also want to mention that I think that the Huracan in Gr. 4 seems super underrated. It took me maybe 2 laps to get used to it with steady improvement since. The AWD thru the first sector seems too good to be true.
Have a nice week!

(Please tell me if there's sth I should to differently when writing a post, thanks)

It's not a silva only race as the Ferrari, Supra, McLaren, TT cab all do well.

It favours handling cars this week. The straight is a smoke and mirrors if you can't get through the essess quick enough as that is where all of the lap time really starts as it's about braveness beyond them.
This week has had the most variety in Gr.4 than I've ever seen! In one race i noticed in the end results that out of the top 8 cars there was 7 different cars being used. Any to be fair I don't actual think the Silva was one of them!

My go to car since the BOP update has been the ferrari as it seems super planted, has good pace and decent top end. Seems to just be a really good all rounder!

On a side note its good to see the Mclaren 650S getting some love in Gr.4as I raced that in the GTWC season last year and really struggled as i found it had no pace compared to a lot of the other brands.

Can confirm that even in lower ranked lobbies no stopping on RH is vastly superior to stopping with RM which is a shame why is RM even allowed other than to set qualifying times you can't ever hope to replicate with the racing tires. Honestly feels kinda stupid on PDs part as I can't figure out at all why they'd do that.
Yeah surely it can't be too hard for PD to do a bit of trialing and find a good tyre/fuel multiplier that will give fairly close results to provide a few more strategies but it appears that each week there is one option for strategy and thats it!

Last edited:
I'm curious how the matching Algorithm works. For a couple of weeks I've been mainly racing against fellow C/S drivers, presumably rewarding clean drivers with races against other clean drivers.

Now I'm moving up it seems us C/S drivers are getting pitted against B/B & B/C drivers, just now we had 10 C/S drivers vs 6 B/B's at Atlanta. Which doesn't seem very fair to us clean drivers, throwing us in the deep end against dirtier B's.

Having said that just staying out of trouble and letting the B/B's take each other out seems to be working for getting decent results.

A funny thing happened the other day: I saw my first GT race on tv. I didn’t know about GT racing until I got this game, and in fact had never even heard of it let alone seen it. I vaguely knew about Grand Prix, but I grew up in oval track stuff, especially Indy cars. Anyway, here in the US we don’t get a lot of exposure to this type of racing and I was floored when one of the major networks was broadcasting the GT Series at Sonoma from a couple of weeks ago. I was thrilled to see the cars that we use every day in daily races! Both Gt3 and GT4. I may have discovered a new time suck, and I definitely see why you Europeans like it so much.

Anyway, Race C this week is a mixed bag. My first race on Monday was in an A+ lobby except for me and another car. I was excited to see I was Q7 until I realized that everyone behind me was an A+ driver who didn’t qualify. My heart sank because I knew I would be the back marker getting in everyone’s way, and sure enough by lap 2 I was in last. I’m getting kinda sick of this new tendency. As if PD weren’t already doing everything possible to make me not want to race (I mean, both manufacturers and nations are a wash for me as well), now the better drivers are making me not want to race even more.

I stuck around for a couple more races, this time in an A lobby and fared better. I got P8 at least once, maybe twice, and then I had Q3 in my last race of the night. Of course a world class A+ driver started from the back and took my podium position from me, and even though P4 is not bad (considering the other races) I didn’t really get a chance to battle for the podium because the A+ guy blew through our group and messed up our rhythm. We had some good racing until we got spread out by getting picked off one at a time. Again, just an overall meh feeling to the whole thing.

I jumped back in for a race yesterday after some practice laps and improving my time. Started P7 and finished P6 (I think?). I had a really great start, and was in P4 until a crazy guy who couldn’t control his car flees through the chicane and came back in the track sideways in front of me. He only ghosted after I made contact, so my momentum was killed, I got damage, and five cars passed through us. These are the sort of things that are making me race less. It’s just not satisfying. The driver in this particular case wasn’t dirty, he just couldn’t control his car on RH tires. He’d clearly been hot lapping and didn’t bother to practice for the race itself.

Ah well. I’ll race some more, but not like I have been. PD has pretty munched sucked the joy out of it for me. I’ve learned all about racing because of this game, and have been obsessed for the past year to the point I was considering jumping to iRacing. But I’ve gotten a (much needed?) reality check.

I think my next realistic goal is to solidify my A ranking and get practice in very good lobbies so I can be ready for maybe hitting A+ sometime. I’ll never be a world beater because I just can’t go fast enough. Now I’m just interested in developing consistency.

anyways, it's road atlanta and still super fun, just another dumb daily design decision from PD. Might trademark that one, next week look forward to whether or not HK thinks the upcoming dallies are DDDD or not :D
As already writtern here and there above, Race C is more a tyre saving than a tyre strategy.
I haven't entered it yet, but I did some simulation on Sunday.
I saw certain cars (Porsche, Ferrari) have a wear rate bigger than others (Aston, Mazda).

So for us lower rate drivers the challenge is not to overuse tyres and stay away from cars that wear more. BTW avoid spins also is very benefitial....

On the lap time comparison between RM and RH (again for lower rates): we probably lack consitency too, so it's not just an issue of being 2s faster with RM, it's being 2s faster EACH LAP with RM. Also going to pits enable the 3s Penalty for crossing the white line at income / exit. I acutally don't know if it's enabled, but if it is Road Atlante is one of the best place to get cought in error.
However none of these will apply staying on RH the whole race.

zjn
On the lap time comparison between RM and RH (again for lower rates): we probably lack consitency too, so it's not just an issue of being 2s faster with RM, it's being 2s faster EACH LAP with RM
You will still notice a considerable difference between both tyres, and though lacking consistence between fast and slow may be an issue, the issue carries over between both tyres, making RM consistently faster, likely to a higher degree than for a good driver because RH with the lower traction may cause more issues with lesser experience.
Also it depends on the car, some are better on traction or tyrewear while others are worse on either or both without any obvious advantage to varant this kind of drawback.

A funny thing happened the other day: I saw my first GT race on tv. I didn’t know about GT racing until I got this game, and in fact had never even heard of it let alone seen it. I vaguely knew about Grand Prix, but I grew up in oval track stuff, especially Indy cars. Anyway, here in the US we don’t get a lot of exposure to this type of racing and I was floored when one of the major networks was broadcasting the GT Series at Sonoma from a couple of weeks ago. I was thrilled to see the cars that we use every day in daily races! Both Gt3 and GT4. I may have discovered a new time suck, and I definitely see why you Europeans like it so much.

Anyway, Race C this week is a mixed bag. My first race on Monday was in an A+ lobby except for me and another car. I was excited to see I was Q7 until I realized that everyone behind me was an A+ driver who didn’t qualify. My heart sank because I knew I would be the back marker getting in everyone’s way, and sure enough by lap 2 I was in last. I’m getting kinda sick of this new tendency. As if PD weren’t already doing everything possible to make me not want to race (I mean, both manufacturers and nations are a wash for me as well), now the better drivers are making me not want to race even more.

I stuck around for a couple more races, this time in an A lobby and fared better. I got P8 at least once, maybe twice, and then I had Q3 in my last race of the night. Of course a world class A+ driver started from the back and took my podium position from me, and even though P4 is not bad (considering the other races) I didn’t really get a chance to battle for the podium because the A+ guy blew through our group and messed up our rhythm. We had some good racing until we got spread out by getting picked off one at a time. Again, just an overall meh feeling to the whole thing.

I jumped back in for a race yesterday after some practice laps and improving my time. Started P7 and finished P6 (I think?). I had a really great start, and was in P4 until a crazy guy who couldn’t control his car flees through the chicane and came back in the track sideways in front of me. He only ghosted after I made contact, so my momentum was killed, I got damage, and five cars passed through us. These are the sort of things that are making me race less. It’s just not satisfying. The driver in this particular case wasn’t dirty, he just couldn’t control his car on RH tires. He’d clearly been hot lapping and didn’t bother to practice for the race itself.

Ah well. I’ll race some more, but not like I have been. PD has pretty munched sucked the joy out of it for me. I’ve learned all about racing because of this game, and have been obsessed for the past year to the point I was considering jumping to iRacing. But I’ve gotten a (much needed?) reality check.

I think my next realistic goal is to solidify my A ranking and get practice in very good lobbies so I can be ready for maybe hitting A+ sometime. I’ll never be a world beater because I just can’t go fast enough. Now I’m just interested in developing consistency.
Oh buddy you don't know the depths of the time suck you've uncovered. Between IMSA, WEC, Blancpain, regional GT series there's almost always some GT racing somewhere available either on TV or online. This section of the forum may provide more guidance on the serieses as well as where to find them:
GT Planet Motorsport Subforum

There's a metric boatload of resources online as well as motorsport fandom communities if you're interested in dipping your toes into them :) Glad you've found us!

I'm sorry you've had those experiences with the online racing that's infuriating and I can totally understand why that is a huge turnoff. Private lobbies aren't the answer because of lag or inability to put together a full lobby, or other things like that. But they are an answer. :(

zjn
As already writtern here and there above, Race C is more a tyre saving than a tyre strategy.
I haven't entered it yet, but I did some simulation on Sunday.
I saw certain cars (Porsche, Ferrari) have a wear rate bigger than others (Aston, Mazda).

So for us lower rate drivers the challenge is not to overuse tyres and stay away from cars that wear more. BTW avoid spins also is very benefitial....

On the lap time comparison between RM and RH (again for lower rates): we probably lack consitency too, so it's not just an issue of being 2s faster with RM, it's being 2s faster EACH LAP with RM. Also going to pits enable the 3s Penalty for crossing the white line at income / exit. I acutally don't know if it's enabled, but if it is Road Atlante is one of the best place to get cought in error.
However none of these will apply staying on RH the whole race.
Yeah I can confirm in my D/C lobbies RH no stop is faster than RM one stop and no matter which car I use I have tires left at the end of the race even after spins and barry-r meetings.

Back