GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,051 comments
Glad to say after my races as a C in the dodgy mixed B & C lobbies I'm now officially a B, and racing againstother B/S drivers. It was just in time for last nights World Series race at Daytona, but that's a different thread.

Had my first weekly as a B this morning in Atlanta, put together what I thought was a great qually lap over 1s up on my previous best, only to find I was last on the grid 0.6s off second to last :grumpy:. Suzuka was better, qualified 9th, finished 8th, and that was with A's taking up the top 5 or 6 places.

Glad to say after my races as a C in the dodgy mixed B & C lobbies I'm now officially a B, and racing againstother B/S drivers. It was just in time for last nights World Series race at Daytona, but that's a different thread.

Had my first weekly as a B this morning in Atlanta, put together what I thought was a great qually lap over 1s up on my previous best, only to find I was last on the grid 0.6s off second to last :grumpy:. Suzuka was better, qualified 9th, finished 8th, and that was with A's taking up the top 5 or 6 places.

What was your qualy time?

I got recommended this video and it's really good..and explain a lot of the perceived dirty driving.

I know the difference between bad driving and dirty driving. I have a lot of experience of my own with the former and try my hardest to avoid the latter

Though I do snap on occasion as I have documented in several posts here. However, I can say with some confidence that my reasons for snapping are justified. It's often sustained punting by the same person usually over several races that does it.

Even though I do think it's justified I always feel ashamed of myself for sinking to their level. Which is why I try my hardest to maintain SR S even at the expense of my DR .

In the previous post it wasn't bad driving or a mistake by me that caused this person to initially crash. Nor were they trying to widen the track by easing me wide for a better run into the next corner. When I was along side they turned so violently into me that when I hit the wall they pinged all the way back across the track and spun twice.

That's dirty driving no matter how you look at it. I was just an innocent bystander to someone having a tantrum because they took themselves off track. The fact they rage quit when they came off worse kind of seals the deal to me.

I know the difference between bad driving and dirty driving. I have a lot of experience of my own with the former and try my hardest to avoid the latter

Though I do snap on occasion as I have documented in several posts here. However, I can say with some confidence that my reasons for snapping are justified. It's often sustained punting by the same person usually over several races that does it.

Even though I do think it's justified I always feel ashamed of myself for sinking to their level. Which is why I try my hardest to maintain SR S even at the expense of my DR .

In the previous post it wasn't bad driving or a mistake by me that caused this person to initially crash. Nor were they trying to widen the track by easing me wide for a better run into the next corner. When I was along side they turned so violently into me that when I hit the wall they pinged all the way back across the track and spun twice.

That's dirty driving no matter how you look at it. I was just an innocent bystander to someone having a tantrum because they took themselves off track. The fact they rage quit when they came off worse kind of seals the deal to me.

Just report those cases. If they’re getting reported by a lot of different people, maybe PD will issue a timeout or something.

Second post on here, I should really introduce myself.

I picked up GT7 in October, having not played any kind of driving game since Need for Speed Underground in 2000 (?). Only previous GT experience is the first one(!) from 1998 or whatver (yes, I am in my forties). I am completely ignorant of GT2-6, and Sport.

Got inspired by a random SuperGT video that appeared on my YT feed, and since picking it up I have been completely addicted to Online racing and Sport Mode. Still on controller, but aspire to a wheel/pedal setup some day (space is a factor).

I am currently at B/S level, although I can honestly say I don't care for rating. Wheel-to-wheel racing with other people in other countries is what I play for, and I am still amazed that it is technologically not only possible - but every bit as enjoyable (even more?) as a younger version of myself would have imagined. (Rammers aside). Can't wait to try VR eventually.

Anyway, this community appears to be very friendly, and I hope to be a positive contributor.

Thanks.

That’s really interesting. I used the 911 at Laguna and did so to start with at RA But struggled to make progress save for a couple of half-decent results. I then did a C in the Skyline meta and was easy to understand how to get higher consistent pace out of it. I then tried the McLaren for the first time this morning and won first time out in it (albeit because the first three took themselves out in the chicane on the last lap, but I was only a second behind them). Makes me wonder whether this is me getting use to the track as much as anything else - will go and try the 911 again. I should note that this is in B/S lobbies

Edit: I should add that, if you were to scroll back a few pages, I’d vowed to not go online racing due to concern for being hit and crashed into… because of this thread specifically, I gave it a try a couple of weeks ago. Guess what - I’m hooked (and a self-proclaimed hypocrite). First few races were rough (in part because the skill levels are much more varied in the lower lobbies), but gradually worked through it and now I’ve done 48 races with 6 wins and 28 top-5 finishes. As others have said though, the payout vs. effort is pitiful lol

I just can't get the McLaren to accelerate out of the two slow corners, so then I just get steam rolled down the straights by the GTRs. I make it all back up thru the esses, but that doesn't help since passing there is about impossible without someone making a mistake.

I just can't get the McLaren to accelerate out of the two slow corners, so then I just get steam rolled down the straights by the GTRs. I make it all back up thru the esses, but that doesn't help since passing there is about impossible without someone making a mistake.
It's one of the worst accelerating cars now out of the slow speed corners

Just report those cases. If they’re getting reported by a lot of different people, maybe PD will issue a timeout or something.
Unfortunately there is no reporting system in GT7. Everything falls on deaf ears with PD.

But ironically, a way to be able report these drivers would go a long way to reducing these kind of actions happening in the first place, I think everyone would be a lot better behaved (well hope so at least!).

Unfortunately there is no reporting system in GT7. Everything falls on deaf ears with PD.

But ironically, a way to be able report these drivers would go a long way to reducing these kind of actions happening in the first place, I think everyone would be a lot better behaved (well hope so at least!).
Being able to report someone leads to more troll accounts with different names, it doesnt change the behaviour as long as there is no additional real purchase necessary (and that only would filter out misbehaving children with small pocket money).

Are you sure? I thought we could go to the driver’s profile and report them. Maybe the only way is via psn. It’s not the best, but you can report them that way.

Are you sure? I thought we could go to the driver’s profile and report them. Maybe the only way is via psn. It’s not the best, but you can report them that way.
Yeah you might be right but i think that is more for stuff like racist behavior, hate speak, Spam etc (General playstation policy kind of stuff). As far as I'm away there is no way to report drivers for bad behavior and dirty driving.

Yeah you might be right but i think that is more for stuff like racist behavior, hate speak, Spam etc (General playstation policy kind of stuff). As far as I'm away there is no way to report drivers for bad behavior and dirty driving.

If he went out of his way to hit I think that should be reported. I’m not saying it’s the same as insulting you or some kind racist/misogynistic behaviour, but he is purposely ruining the experience for you. If then Sony decides this is not an offence worth giving a temporary ban or other consequence, so be it. And one thing is to get reported once. If you’re constantly being reported, then they can view it differently.

It can be reported on psn. Whether it’s valid, that’s another topic.
No, not really. Using PSN reporting tools to file reports for behaviour outside its scope is itself a bannable offence. Advising people to do this is not helpful.
Always report the specific piece of content you think breaches the Code of Conduct, such as the offensive message, rather than the player's online ID. When the content has been shared within a game, be sure to use that game's reporting function.
On PlayStation®4 consoles you can report Messages, Friend requests, Live broadcasts, Players’ Profiles, Party text chat, game alerts, What’s New updates, and Community content.

To report, highlight the piece of content that breaks the Community Code of Conduct, press the OPTIONS button, select Report and the reason for your report. For example when reporting a message:
  • Select Messages, highlight the text, audio, or picture message that you’d like to report and press the OPTIONS button.
  • Select Report and choose the reason for your report.

You may also report content from a player’s profile but that should be done only when the inappropriate content is contained within their Real Name, online ID, About Me, or Profile Picture.
On PS5 consoles, you can report:
  • Something in a player's profile
  • Screenshots and videos
  • Broadcasts and broadcast comments
  • A Game Base group name, icon or chat message
  • Something said in a conversation
When should I report content?

Report content that breaches the Community Code of Conduct. If the content does not breach the Code of Conduct but you do not want to interact with the player who shared it, you can block them.

Reporting content with the intention to harass another player is a breach of the Code of Conduct and may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of your account.

Last edited:
No, not really. Using PSN reporting tools to file reports for behaviour outside its scope is itself a bannable offence. Advising people to do this is not helpful.

In my opinion there is room for reporting such behaviour without it being considered harassment. Like I said, Sony can simply dismiss it.

In my opinion there is room for reporting such behaviour without it being considered harassment. Like I said, Sony can simply dismiss it.
But your opinion doesnt align with the rules for reporting on PSN, there is nothing in the rules to report ingame behaviour as much as we may dislike what the other player does.
Reporting is for content in the profile, messages either voice or text, or names.

But your opinion doesnt align with the rules for reporting on PSN, there is nothing in the rules to report ingame behaviour as much as we may dislike what the other player does.
Reporting is for content in the profile, messages either voice or text, or names.
The closest to ingame behaviour policies in the code of conduct seems to be this, quote:

✕ Do not be disruptive.
✕ Do not cheat.
✕ Do not use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional mechanics in products or PSN to get an advantage.

This is clearly not aimed at dirty driving in a racing game. You might need a very good lawyer to make the connection.

I think it's better to not being bothered too much about it (difficult, I know), and in egregious cases, if given the opportunity, to give the offender a taste of his own medicine. (Very rarely, of course 😆)

No, they can BAN YOU FOR SUBMITTING A REPORT when you shouldn't have. Your opinion doesn't matter; stop advising people to do things that put their PSN account at risk.

And that's not up for debate.

Edit: No, "not up for debate" doesn't mean "keep on pressing". It means stop. Do what you want with your own account, but don't mislead others into thinking this is an appropriate course of action.

I picked up GT7 in October, having not played any kind of driving game since Need for Speed Underground in 2000 (?). Only previous GT experience is the first one(!) from 1998 or whatver (yes, I am in my forties). I am completely ignorant of GT2-6, and Sport.

Got inspired by a random SuperGT video that appeared on my YT feed, and since picking it up I have been completely addicted to Online racing and Sport Mode. Still on controller, but aspire to a wheel/pedal setup some day (space is a factor).

I am currently at B/S level, although I can honestly say I don't care for rating. Wheel-to-wheel racing with other people in other countries is what I play for, and I am still amazed that it is technologically not only possible - but every bit as enjoyable (even more?) as a younger version of myself would have imagined. (Rammers aside). Can't wait to try VR eventually.

Anyway, this community appears to be very friendly, and I hope to be a positive contributor.

Thanks.
Welcome aboard 🚢 Everyone here is genuinely nice and helpful and always there for advice and general banter! Except @Leon Kowalski - try avoiding him most times as he can be mean and hurtful, depending on the weather! 🤣🤪

Is it normal to have a mixed lobby like this (A+ to B)? For reference, I'm almost exactly mid-B/S. I reached that level from low-B/S last week, thanks to Spa, and have stayed there consistently. I get this mixed lobby every 2nd or 3rd race at Suzuka, despite choosing evening time slots, which is generally a busy time slot in the West Coast USA.
IMG_6637.JPG

I have to say, though, that I quite enjoy mixed lobbies like this. They are actually easier and cleaner, as the A/A+ drivers drive very respectfully and are mindful of the huge performance gap between themselves and B/S drivers like me.

I remember when I first graduated from C to B, I disliked it initially. Low B drivers felt pretty dirty due to being impatient. But mid-B is a very pleasant lobby to be in, tough but still pleasant. And higher-level drivers are even more pleasant to race against. I can easily land the clean race bonus, which makes me happy. Hope to race them more often.
IMG_6639.JPG

I remember when I first graduated from C to B, I disliked it initially. Low B drivers felt pretty dirty due to being impatient. But mid-B is a very pleasant lobby to be in, tough but still pleasant. And higher-level drivers are even more pleasant to race against. I can easily land the clean race bonus, which makes me happy. Hope to race them more often.
Yeah I think it can be like that at all the high lower rank/low higher rank mixed lobbies. I had the same issue going from B to A DR. I found the A drivers in these lobbies to be extremely aggressive and impatient and sometimes downright dirty. My guess is that they are just trying to hold on to that rank and not drop down whatever the costs.
But yeah once you start to get into the mid tier lobbies of a DR rating things definitely seem to calm down a lot from what I've noticed.

I find it disappointing to get called out for stuff in a race that's not my fault. This afternoon, racing Suzuka, I ended up in a tangle with a guy in a Silvia with me in the 650S, and a guy behind in a 458. I was running the Silvia very narrow down the main straight as they defended right out of the final chicane and I had the slip. Gave them space (probably opening up to about 1/3 of the track), but they started turning into me. I swung back wide to get close to the racing line to get the cutback, which I very nearly managed to do, until the 458 behind smacked into me, meaning I hit the Sivlia. The Silvia driver then just blames me, saying I bump the entire time (anything more than a small nudge and I'll drop back to try and overtake cleanly) and made some comment about the punt which I never got the chance to read as it was during the race, nor did I get a chance to explain what happened as they left immediately at the end of the race. The 458 ended up ahead of me so they gained 2 positions through heavy contact and weren't penalised at all.

Running a car narrow is a perfectly valid tactic and if I'm pinning someone to the inside, I will never turn into them as it's simply bad racing. But I've had countless cars turn into me to try and force space when I'm holding my line. If I accidentally take someone out, I will wait for them and then serve the inevitable penalty. But to get all the stick for using fair moves and contact that wasn't my fault is pretty annoying.

Is it normal to have a mixed lobby like this (A+ to B)? For reference, I'm almost exactly mid-B/S. I reached that level from low-B/S last week, thanks to Spa, and have stayed there consistently. I get this mixed lobby every 2nd or 3rd race at Suzuka, despite choosing evening time slots, which is generally a busy time slot in the West Coast USA.
View attachment 1249436

I have to say, though, that I quite enjoy mixed lobbies like this. They are actually easier and cleaner, as the A/A+ drivers drive very respectfully and are mindful of the huge performance gap between themselves and B/S drivers like me.

it can happen quite easily, it depends on a lot of things as far as I can tell but one of the biggest factors is time of day.

Thanks.
Joining Welcome Home GIF

In all seriousness, I've learned so much great stuff here over the years and made major improvements with my racing. Lots of good advice and discussions here.

Oh come on, Mr. Sunshine... 🤣
I can't help it mate - this game is turning me into a paranoid freak 🫣🤐

I hopped into the 2nd account after work today, improving my previous time by half a second and moving down to P15 when before, I was starting 12th (on average) with a 2:12:1 😵

Before the race, I noticed P16 and a whole cluster just in front of me do not have the best of SR ratings - so had that in the back of my mind...

Long story short, I survived a minimum of 3 punts from behind, 4 attempts to shove me off by 3 different drivers within 15 seconds and a few other pleasurable encounters and... Finished P8 (7 positions gained) and a clean race bonus as well 🤣🎉😵‍💫

** UPDATE **

Had an even more amazing race just this second!! Will probably post video later tonight as Man Utd starting in a few minutes...

Started P15 once again and holy friggin jacket potatoes!!! I finished P6 on merit!! 😎🎉 9 positions gained haha 🦭 No idea why I didn't get clean race but omg, my heart still racing! Took it a bit too easy final lap lol to make sure I finish and almost paid for it as P7 went from 1.8s behind to finishing right on my butt 😅

Attachments

• 1879f455b2e33-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1879f455b2e33-screenshotUrl.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 1879ffded9d90-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1879ffded9d90-screenshotUrl.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back