GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,057 comments
I guess, but I still hate RH with a passion. I don’t mind using RH when there’s some strategy behind it though. And I know it’s simpler for people less experienced to not having to worry about tyres types, BB, or setups, but I would love RS for qualy, and RM/RH for races and leave it up to the player do decide what to use.

But who am I kidding, I then forget to change tyres for qualy when RM are available 🤦‍♂️
I'm with you. I actually think all three of the hard compounds are unrealistic tires. SH is the one that really burns me. Those things have as much grip as a snow tire...

Don't get me started on comfort tires... Who takes a car to the track on comfort tires, they'd be blistered in 3 laps.

But goodwood, Tokyo (any variant), sardgena, are tracks that don't hit the rotations often if 'barely' at all.

I do appreciate that for online players smashing 7 days of the same tracks makes them all seem overly regular but maybe that is a lack of variety in the events rather than the circuits we do them on?
Even in GTS we'd go through periods where some tracks were in heavy rotation while others seemed to be all but forgotten. Then it seemed like someone at PD realized this and the tracks in heavy use would switch up for a while. Trying to figure out the inner workings of PD is pretty impossible.

Last edited:
I'm with you. I actually think all three of the hard compounds are unrealistic tires. SH is the one that really burns me. Those things have as much grip as a snow tire...

Don't get me started on comfort tires... Who takes a car to the track on comfort tires, they'd be blistered in 3 laps.

Brand new super car...."sports HARD" which I'd assume was some middle of the road "all round tire" and not the pilot sport cups or PZero road and track tires actually fitted to the real road cars.

That said the sense of speed isn't there in GT and I'll be the first to admit regardless of tires I wouldn't be throwing some of these cars round like I do in the game.

Not a fan of next week races. I guess people will enjoy Le Mans with rain, but Gr.2 are too fast for me. I'll try Kyoto with Gr.3 or just have a break.

I absolutely feel the same, I'm not a fan of the extreme group cars either and will go as far as to say I don't really enjoy the GR3 stuff either. I prefer and it's a personal thing I know the GR4 racing or single make clio/scirroco type races.

It's not to say I can't be competitive at the other races they just aren't fun in B lobbies and the margins for error or being awesome become really small.

I also don't have the hubris part of me that thinks I can master those cars but I can the slower stuff where the speed differentials are slower but nailing it feels so rewarding.

I'm in the minority on this I imagine though.

I absolutely feel the same, I'm not a fan of the extreme group cars either and will go as far as to say I don't really enjoy the GR3 stuff either. I prefer and it's a personal thing I know the GR4 racing or single make clio/scirroco type races.

It's not to say I can't be competitive at the other races they just aren't fun in B lobbies and the margins for error or being awesome become really small.

I also don't have the hubris part of me that thinks I can master those cars but I can the slower stuff where the speed differentials are slower but nailing it feels so rewarding.

You aren't alone. Gr4 and the mx5 tc are my most favoured races. Only a couple of dailies stick in my mind through GTS and GT7. MX5 round Tsukuba and again around Road Atlanta. Great close races and where a bit of paint scraping isn't the end of the race. Just like the BTCC and other similar championships.

Last edited:
I missed the 100 win post but 200 is a nice milestone.

Attachments

• IMG_9189.jpeg
    IMG_9189.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 14
Anyone have an idea of how long (how many races) it takes to raise your SR?

Had a rough time at Laguna last week and dropped from S to A.

Done at least 5 clean races (no penalties, no contact caused by me) at Suzuka this week and still stuck at A.

Is the game dinging your SR when you get hit?

Still persisting with race C this week! I’ve had a nightmare the last three days resulting in three DNF and one low place finish.. All my own fault, taking too many risks and just getting a bit unlucky on lap one on cold tyres. Why isn’t there a ‘practice in race conditions’ options so I can get used to cold tyres/tyre wear??

What I will say is that I’ve had some fantastic clean racing with people! Some brilliant wheel to wheel racing and nearly all clean so that has been a joy.

I'm at around 550 total races and I thought that was a lot.

Everyone's mileage varies with these sort of things and if I'd have done less races my ratio would be better and so would my family time. But hobbies can be consuming.

But I can go weeks on end without racing. I also have a job where I can do them through the day.

As they say practice makes perfect...or good enough :)

Yeah, we agree both on our preferences and our reasons.

Anyone have an idea of how long (how many races) it takes to raise your SR?

Had a rough time at Laguna last week and dropped from S to A.

Done at least 5 clean races (no penalties, no contact caused by me) at Suzuka this week and still stuck at A.

Is the game dinging your SR when you get hit?
If it's like in GTS, and I think it is, any contact no matter how, gives SR down.
Your best bet is race C, stay behind and run clean on your own.

If it's like in GTS, and I think it is, any contact no matter how, gives SR down.
Your best bet is race C, stay behind and run clean on your own.
Thanks! I recall in GTS you actually got a little SR up or down indicator in the race!

Hard to race clean in non-S lobbies. Maybe will just take the DR hit and run at the back.

that's exactly where that chart comes from. You need to take a picture of your profile and upload it to get the chart, it isn't done automagically like it was it GTSport

My GT7 profile of Kudos
Is this how you do it? Sounds complicated!

Do not use the 458 at Road Atlanta. You've been warned. 😂

Might be calling it for a bit with Daily Races. The new patch has overall been good for a few things but overall I'm finding myself having a lot less fun now. This is the 3rd race I feel obligated to drive the 911 because PD is seemingly obsessed with making the Supra, 911 and GTR the meta. I don't get how they were meta before and now after the patch they seem to be the only viable cars along with the M6. Just before the patch I could drive so many cars and now it's insane how uncompetitive the rest of the field is. Frustrating.

Might be calling it for a bit with Daily Races. The new patch has overall been good for a few things but overall I'm finding myself having a lot less fun now. This is the 3rd race I feel obligated to drive the 911 because PD is seemingly obsessed with making the Supra, 911 and GTR the meta. I don't get how they were meta before and now after the patch they seem to be the only viable cars along with the M6. Just before the patch I could drive so many cars and now it's insane how uncompetitive the rest of the field is. Frustrating.
I've been using the RCZ all week, with some good results although it hasn't quite got podium potential - kept getting beaten by the GTR.

Switched to the GTR yesterday, and every race was won by the 911......😆

I've been using the RCZ all week, with some good results although it hasn't quite got podium potential - kept getting beaten by the GTR.

Switched to the GTR yesterday, and every race was won by the 911......😆
Ive just been qualifying in Race C this week (no races). Tried the RCZ for the first time since 1.31 and absolutely loved how it drives. Been looking for a really solid all-round Group 3 car and it might be the one.

Im more of a Daily B person usually, so I am definitely going to give it a good shake at Kyoto next week.

Speaking of Daily B, I had 3 races at Suzuka last night, with mixed results - 13th, 4th, 9th. Didn't help that I was exhausted and making mistakes (having a toddler will do that), but weirdly I was brake-checked at 130R in all three races, only managed the 4th because I managed to dodge the car doing it.

Is this a thing now or did I just get unlucky? (B/S lobbies).

Good race this morning on my alternate account. Did some rage quitting yesterday, so it was a full D lobby. The accomplishment feels a little less because of that, but I still did it!

I always take a quick smoke right before a race starts. This time, I forgot to put the Hard's on before entering and didn't get back in time to do it prerace. Alright, no big deal. Probably won't win, but should still get a decent spot. Pit from P1 and came out P2. The guy in front crashed next lap and I cruised to victory!

B Lobby last night: Start RH (P3) all the way 20:30 (win)
D Lobby today: Start RM (P6?), pit end of lap 12 20:58 (win)

no way should someone win on the RM

Ive just been qualifying in Race C this week (no races). Tried the RCZ for the first time since 1.31 and absolutely loved how it drives. Been looking for a really solid all-round Group 3 car and it might be the one.

Im more of a Daily B person usually, so I am definitely going to give it a good shake at Kyoto next week.

Speaking of Daily B, I had 3 races at Suzuka last night, with mixed results - 13th, 4th, 9th. Didn't help that I was exhausted and making mistakes (having a toddler will do that), but weirdly I was brake-checked at 130R in all three races, only managed the 4th because I managed to dodge the car doing it.

I got brake checked twice at Suzuka yesterday. Hope it hasn’t been added to the dirty driver’s repertoire (along with punts and dive bombs!).

I love the comfort tyres. I think every road car race should use them.

Yes the RCZ is very stable, and easy to drive with very neutral handling - it's back to how it used to be in GTSport. The handling doesn't change even when the tyres are worn. 👍

I don't feel this. You can feel the cars more and the differences between them are more pronounced in my opinion. Learning a new car is easier for me in this update as you can feel what it's doing. The cars I'm used to make me now think I can push that little bit harder. Until it goes wrong. That's my problem. But I'm loving this update.

Last edited:
I don't feel this. You can feel the cars more and the differences between them are more pronounced in my opinion. Learning a new car is easier for me in this update as you can feel what it's doing. The cars I'm used to make me now think I can push that little bit harder. Until it goes wrong. That's my problem. But I'm loving this update.

I have to agree, with the FFB change and the physics change I find the cars easier to catch but the downside is I'm not pushing the braking zones or early throttle like I used to.

That maybe a good or a bad thing but it's an adjustment.

I wish they boped the cars differently in that all of them are on the pace but suffer from weird gearing which isn't part of the bop

Back