GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,051 comments

A - meh
B - meh
C - meh

I'll just do a load of GTWS practice instead

if my back of the envelope math is right Road Atlanta does require a pit stop. I don't think RH at 6x wear is going to last 15 laps there. Maybe for the smoothest of drivers but at my DR definitely gonna be pit stops so it's really about how long will the RM last and how are you going to manage the transition between the two. Also Road Atlanta is a goat tier circuit and I haven't seen anything racing there yet be "bad"

if my back of the envelope math is right Road Atlanta does require a pit stop. I don't think RH at 6x wear is going to last 15 laps there. Maybe for the smoothest of drivers but at my DR definitely gonna be pit stops so it's really about how long will the RM last and how are you going to manage the transition between the two. Also Road Atlanta is a goat tier circuit and I haven't seen anything racing there yet be "bad"
It will be a 2-3 or a 5-7 hard and the rest medium for people not in the top leagues. The way we drive in the B and lower leagues a no stop won't work.

What I'm happy about is it's not a fuel saver!

Famine will know probably if it's doable or not, but my gt sense tells me it's a pit race with the optimum strategy in GR3 cars being a 30/70 split hard to mediums

Last edited:
Road Atlanta 15 Laps with a mandatory pit in Gr3? Sign me the hell up. Finally a good Race C that doesn't feel like I'm comfort cruising. RA always produces good racing. Imagine a lot of cars will be competitive there.

I think the only unknown is at the GT3 speeds where is the overtaking gonna happen in a competitive matched lobby. It's fun in MX 5s and GR4 but gonna be an adjustment curve for sure in the quicker kit.

Road Atlanta 15 Laps with a mandatory pit in Gr3? Sign me the hell up. Finally a good Race C that doesn't feel like I'm comfort cruising. RA always produces good racing. Imagine a lot of cars will be competitive there.
I really hope there's pit stops and some strategy for this one. It'll be my go to next week if so. I took this week off, so I'm ready to get back at it next week.

I dunno, I think the RH may last, especially on a car with low wear (Porsche or BRZ). R.A. is not a long track so I think people will be able to make it work. I hope I am wrong.

A looks like it might be fun; I hope I have that car (I don't like renting if I don't have to). But, I wish it was one of the longer variants of the track

For C You are right it's short but it has a couple of high speed corners that will drain the outer left and some hard acceleration corners, but with all the short shifting it might not make much difference.

I haven't driven online for more than 6 month as i have a little baby at home. I just realized i don't want to subscribe to PS+ any more as i haven't got a good game through that in ages (already had sackboy, try it!).

I also realised i want Platinum on my current account too, so i started to get at least the 50 races in, that i need for the trophy.

Took me 10 races at Laguna Seca with my Mazda Atenza Gr.3 this week to get from E/B to C/A. 9 times within the top 5 (twice i tried starting from the back for fun, once getting to third because people fight a lot and once getting into the fights and out of the tarmac - never again), winning 4 of them.

Will try a bit more on Saturday and Sunday morning. I think it was easy to gain as casuals have a problem controlling Gr.3 cars at Laguna Seca. Getting to B/S could get harder at Suzuka in Gr.4 next week because it's "easier" to get around.

Edit: Kind of fun though. Maybe i stay subscribed for GT. :-)

Last edited:
Forgive the off topic but anyone who knows me beyond the front page on here knows I've had both legs and feet pretty heavily bandaged due to some pretty gnarly damage thanks to a bike accident early last year and it has taken away a lot of my life over that time.

We are now one whole leg free of bandaging as of today, with big thanks to the great people who work in the NHS here for all the effort, they of course have heard that personally from me (many times).

It is very strange feeling, you really do get used to something being on or in your body no matter how alien it is.

Looking forward to getting back on the pedals, that's the aim! One leg to go, and while difficult to estimate the hope is certainly by the end of this year at most.

Never had any great injuries or health issues before this so have learnt a lot, not least that we crazy species can suck it up and power through anything given the chance :cheers:

zjn
Is there a way to replicate the BOP settings to a owned car in order to use it in offline Time Trials?

I'm posting below an example, so don't mind the actual values....

View attachment 1247719

Is it standard setup (meaning the one the car is coming with and the parts it is coming with) + ballast + power restriction%
How do I determine ballast position? Nothing about suspensions, gears, and all the other configurable items?
The easiest method and what I do, is to open a “friends only“ multiplayer lobby. Setting it to “friends only“ sort of makes it a private lobby and also set the max number of players to 2 as well. Stops loads of people joining.

I believe they is away to do the BOP in the offline TT but Im not sure how you do that and I think it means having to mess around with tuning the cars and I purchase items from the Tune Shop too?

IMG_2074.jpeg

Most of the week felt like mortal kombat on wheels but finally a win again ☺️ race before I started on p11 and gained 2nd till one send me in the dirt and I finished 9th. Therefore I’m pretty glad, I have that feeling of a win today ☺️

I think the only unknown is at the GT3 speeds where is the overtaking gonna happen in a competitive matched lobby. It's fun in MX 5s and GR4 but gonna be an adjustment curve for sure in the quicker kit.
The Chicane and the turn before the straight. They aren't the simplest things in the world to hit right. The biggest issue is going to be the senders in the esses. I'd imagine Lap 1 will be chaos to start before people settle down.

Forgive the off topic but anyone who knows me beyond the front page on here knows I've had both legs and feet pretty heavily bandaged due to some pretty gnarly damage thanks to a bike accident early last year and it has taken away a lot of my life over that time.

We are now one whole leg free of bandaging as of today, with big thanks to the great people who work in the NHS here for all the effort, they of course have heard that personally from me (many times).

It is very strange feeling, you really do get used to something being on or in your body no matter how alien it is.

Looking forward to getting back on the pedals, that's the aim! One leg to go, and while difficult to estimate the hope is certainly by the end of this year at most.

Never had any great injuries or health issues before this so have learnt a lot, not least that we crazy species can suck it up and power through anything given the chance :cheers:
That is awesome!!! I'm so happy for you that things are moving forward - it must feel like forever.

And yes, it's amazing what we (humans) can survive. At least, until we don't. Glad you're the former and not the latter! :cheers:

I dunno, I think the RH may last, especially on a car with low wear (Porsche or BRZ). R.A. is not a long track so I think people will be able to make it work. I hope I am wrong.

A looks like it might be fun; I hope I have that car (I don't like renting if I don't have to). But, I wish it was one of the longer variants of the track
yeah I think at higher DR lobbies they'll make the tires last. I'm DR C and have no expectation that the drivers I'll be racing can do it. They might surprise me because it is a shorter lap than say Spa but it's still got a lot of twists and turns and lots of back to back direction changes, like T1 through T5 is pretty much constant turning and multiple back to back direction changes so drivers are gonna scrub their tires through there, then you've got 10A-B into 11 which is again almost consistently turning and a direction change.

I think something that can really make time through the bends is going to be better than something that has to make time on acceleration or top speed. Yes it'll suck to be reeled in on the back stretch but overall a well handling car should be able to pull away from T1-6 or so.

Unable to race for a week or so as I remodel, I managed to temporarily set up the rig for a session tonight.

I appear to have forgotten how to drive. I tried the TT and practice race A. Not sure what’s up but every car appears to just want to understeer off track. I’m finding it very hard to turn these successfully in corners.

Tried Race A. Done how I QT in 6th my much or the lobby was DR D with Bs mixed in. Was up to 4th and the I started to understeer all over the place and brakes appeared to be non functional. Slipped back to 6, then approaching the finish I hit the wall, careen across the track and hit the other wall for a free second penalty as I slide sideways across the finish line. Final position tips. 🤦‍♂️.

My suckage is at at all time high.

Unable to race for a week or so as I remodel, I managed to temporarily set up the rig for a session tonight.

I appear to have forgotten how to drive. I tried the TT and practice race A. Not sure what’s up but every car appears to just want to understeer off track. I’m finding it very hard to turn these successfully in corners.

Tried Race A. Done how I QT in 6th my much or the lobby was DR D with Bs mixed in. Was up to 4th and the I started to understeer all over the place and brakes appeared to be non functional. Slipped back to 6, then approaching the finish I hit the wall, careen across the track and hit the other wall for a free second penalty as I slide sideways across the finish line. Final position tips. 🤦‍♂️.

My suckage is at at all time high.
is this your first race back post patch/update? understeer definitely was introduced to lots of cars that didn't suffer from it before. Took me a few hours to come to grips with it though.

Did another Race C tonight. Lead Pole to Flag... snoozefest tbh. Had a 20 second lead headed into the final lap, binned it exiting Bruxelles, recovered but lead down to 11 and lead was 15 at the flag. Viper is very nice on the tires.

After that decided to set up a solo lobby for Race C next week. BRZ was my go to on RM for testing. Wanted to see how many laps the tires could do before they died to death. Turns out it's somewhere between 8-10 depending on driving style and smoothness. set a 1:21:xxx for a time. Dunno if that's reasonable or not but the car feels smooth and planted. Rear end wants to let go exiting 10B and T6 but other than that not too bad. T3 is a tad wonky if you accelerate too hard after that weird curb.

Anyways this race is going to be a bloodbath at lower DR levels. Not really looking forward to that but meh set a good QT and you should be fine.

I think it means having to mess around with tuning the car
If you go to car settings and choose a new sheet it will be defaulted to the original setup. Then set weight and HP.

Disclaimer: this worked before we got the 3 different BOP's. If there's aero difference between them it won't.
But a screenshot of the settings in a BOP environment can easily be replicated

Last edited:
is this your first race back post patch/update? understeer definitely was introduced to lots of cars that didn't suffer from it before. Took me a few hours to come to grips with it though.
I did get a few laps in before my remodel so I did experience the physics change. I think this was more a case of the cars I’ve never driven before.

I did one race A and I was up to fourth place before I got punted out down to last. But I was happy that I was competitive so I took part in another race and this time I finished in fourth place. 👍

With that confidence I tried race B. I tried out many cars and in the end I actually settled on the Alfa 4C. That car doesn’t get much love but I really love its handling at Laguna Seca.

I did two races. The first race I QT in 11th and it was up to fifth by lap 3 when I made a mistake and then got punted down to last. I didn’t recover from that but again, I was happy that I was competitive. So I took part in another race and QT in 12th which was worse because I was on the sharp left hander at the start but I think that was advantageous in the end because I avoided chaos up ahead. I worked my way up and finished in fifth place with a seven position gain.

I was well pleased with that. I was the only Alpha on the course as well!

0A830D41-9026-4D88-B9C1-8CDA47AF6D33.jpeg

Last edited:
I did get a few laps in before my remodel so I did experience the physics change. I think this was more a case of the cars I’ve never driven before.

I did one race A and I was up to fourth place before I got punted out down to last. But I was happy that I was competitive so I took part in another race and this time I finished in fourth place. 👍

With that confidence I tried race B. I tried out many cars and in the end I actually settled on the Alfa 4C. That car doesn’t get much love but I really love its handling at Laguna Seca.

I did two races. The first race I QT in 11th and it was up to fifth by lap 3 when I made a mistake and then got punted down to last. I didn’t recover from that but again, I was happy that I was competitive. So I took part in another race and QT in 12th which was worse because I was on the sharp left hander at the start but I think that was advantageous in the end because I avoided chaos up ahead. I worked my way up and finished in fifth place with a seven position gain.

I was well pleased with that. I was the only Alpha on the course as well!

View attachment 1247918
It may also be because tires change rapidly after 2-3 laps. Sometimes I have the feeling they overheat somehow if you drive too aggressive.

Congratulations! I also had a horrible bike accident at the beginning of last year. We had one really nice day after Christmas (in ‘21) and I decided to treat myself to a ride. I hit a wet spot and spun like a Gr4 at Spa. I broke four ribs, but had some weird internal damage to the tissue around my hip that caused some serious problems. Because I’m on cancer medication, my blood is a bit thinner than usual, so there was a real chance that the tissue would die. I had to wait for three months to find out if I’d lose my leg. Everything worked out, but I feel your misery, at least a little.

I’ll tell you what: I hope you get back on the bike soon! For me it was a truly terrifying experience to get back on after five months of recovery. I was shaking so bad I nearly made myself crash. Just take it slow and soon it’ll just be a story you get to tell people.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Congratulations! I also had a horrible bike accident at the beginning of last year. We had one really nice day after Christmas (in ‘21) and I decided to treat myself to a ride. I hit a wet spot and spun like a Gr4 at Spa. I broke four ribs, but had some weird internal damage to the tissue around my hip that caused some serious problems. Because I’m on cancer medication, my blood is a bit thinner than usual, so there was a real chance that the tissue would die. I had to wait for three months to find out if I’d lose my leg. Everything worked out, but I feel your misery, at least a little.

I’ll tell you what: I hope you get back on the bike soon! For me it was a truly terrifying experience to get back on after five months of recovery. I was shaking so bad I nearly made myself crash. Just take it slow and soon it’ll just be a story you get to tell people.

Good luck! Keep us posted!
Much appreciated, my friend. And to @GrumpyOldMan for his kind words earlier as well. I don't want to take away too many posts from racing i was just on a nice high yesterday and wanted to share with everyone, taxi driver, postman, grocery delivery guy, everyone :lol:

I've seen from your posts from time to time you deal with a lot, I couldn't imagine having to battle through a combination of issues.. it is interesting though, while mine impacted a different area, similarly to yourself it was complications caused by that that created the most problems; infection for me which spread like wildfire due to the damaged tissue (I'll leave it there for he sake of everyone's breakfast!) and just fighting that became the main battle before healing could even begin.

Nearly there now though, and I hope for yourself as well you're able to cope with your symptoms without too much discomfort, as wishful thinking as that can be.

Much appreciated, my friend. And to @GrumpyOldMan for his kind words earlier as well. I don't want to take away too many posts from racing i was just on a nice high yesterday and wanted to share with everyone, taxi driver, postman, grocery delivery guy, everyone :lol:

I've seen from your posts from time to time you deal with a lot, I couldn't imagine having to battle through a combination of issues.. it is interesting though, while mine impacted a different area, similarly to yourself it was complications caused by that that created the most problems; infection for me which spread like wildfire due to the damaged tissue (I'll leave it there for he sake of everyone's breakfast!) and just fighting that became the main battle before healing could even begin.

Nearly there now though, and I hope for yourself as well you're able to cope with your symptoms without too much discomfort, as wishful thinking as that can be.
Chaotic medical weirdness is my new normal. Sounds about the same for you. The waiting to find out if you can even begin to heal is the worst part. My cancer diagnosis was actually great news because at least I knew what was killing me. Several years later and I’m probably healthier than ever! Hang in there, buddy! You’re right about how much you can get used to with your body. Hopefully you’ll soon forget about all of this stuff.

Ok, enough of this morose ****! Let’s get back to racing!

I ran some laps without BoP at Atlanta yesterday, and I can’t find a Gr3 car that can stay on the track! This is going to be an interesting week, especially when everybody gets the hard tires. I don’t know what to think yet. I’m wondering what car will work for the upcoming Race C.

Last edited:
ran some laps without BoP at Atlanta yesterday, and I can’t find a Gr3 car that can stay in the track! This is going to be an interesting week, especially when everybody gets the hard tires.
I ran a test this morning with BoP on and the same tyre wear and fuel. I predict it's a no stopper.
Granted I tested with the BRZ but this is my tyres after 15 laps
187837756e656-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_430473668390367_1681537767149.jpg

Now, a pitstop for tyres only is 30 seconds so you have to be at least 2 seconds faster per lap. I think that will be hard with traffic.
1878377713167-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_430473672512715_1681537783252.jpg

And here's the mediums after 8 laps
1878377817186-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_430473675001513_1681537792974.jpg

I ran the BMW M6 after the 30 laps in the BRZ and was only .3 faster over a lap, even if I was much faster on the long straight.
So I believe in the handling cars over the power cars. 911, RS01, BRZ, and the MR's

Back