GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,154 comments
Races don't really appeal to me this week. Sad that I only managed to do about 5 races at Brands last week, they were all excellent fun.
I wish I could've done more. It's the only track in the game where I feel even vaguely competitive. I've only won one time anywhere else in Sport mode. Oh well, I'll be back in 6 months time when they again remember the circuit exists.

It's why argueably the GTWS practice session doesn't matter as much because the qualifying happens in the actual race and everyone is in those same conditions therefore it's equal (Whether it's hotter/colder/wetter in another session it doesn't matter).
Even there, it can still be a significant problem. With PD opening up various tuning settings for daily and GTWS races, if you test your settings in a qualifying/free practice session, it becomes difficult to determine whether an improvement in lap time is the result of a tuning change or because you just happened to get a magic session.

Race C...

It's an interesting one. After three races this afternoon (early, I know), I have come to a couple of conclusions. Feel free to look back at this post in 6 days and laugh at my foolishness!

1. They have a pretty good BoP for this event, at least between the CLK and the 2016 Nissan. I haven't seen any 2008 models yet so can't comment, but obviously the current world No.1 time is there so it must be something. There seems to be a fairly close battle up for grabs between those two cars, but maybe the Merc has the edge because of its tentativeness in the corners meaning you get a kind of 'moving road block' effect and the GT500 can't take advantage of its superior cornering.

2. The weather is a bit weird. Bug maybe? I started my previous race and the track was engulfed in the light blue (minimum rain) colour. There was darker shades but not in the immediate trajectory of the race. By the middle of the first lap I checked the radar again and poof! no rain anywhere to be seen. Time will tell but seems a bit haphazard at the moment.

Well that me 1 and done on this weeks Daily C!

Decided to venture back onto the Daily races seen as we some dynamic weather. Picked the CLK-LM due to the overtaking speed on the straights, plus it actually drives a lot better than I thought. Last I used this car was in the Nations Races at Sardegna and it drove horrible then.
Staring P8 with no time set. Rain was in the air so opted for inters as I could see a big dark blue splodge coming in. I was 1 or 3 drivers starting on the inters. By the Mulsanne straight I was already up to P1 due to the extra grip. 10 seconds lead and I make an error in Ford Chicane and got a track reset. This put into P2 range. Had a nice 3 car battle for the next 3 laps and then on lap 4 in the Porsche Curves P1 goes wide and it was just a case of bring it home. GTR in P2 couldnt pass on the straights and my car placement in the Porsche Curves and Ford Chicane allowed me to take a win. That’s it I’m done now. I’ll leave like Rosberg did back in 2016 🤣🤣

If anyone can be bothered to watch nice a little race here.

So I think in the wet the GTR is the better car maybe, but dry conditions the CLK-LM is the better car? Thoughts?

I need people to check my replay as I thought the game made a mistake in resetting my car on lap 1 (there was light rain in this race as well ) at le mans

Race B going to be like this I guess is it.

Went in too hot, my bad, left the guy room to get back past and he just sideswipes me off the track into the wall.

CsKmnN6UEAAojoX.jpg

I just got brake checked for the first time. Was slipstreaming a GTR on the Mulsanne, he put his anchors on so I'd go into the back of him. Was so enraged forgot to save the darn replay.

I just got brake checked for the first time. Was slipstreaming a GTR on the Mulsanne, he put his anchors on so I'd go into the back of him. Was so enraged forgot to save the darn replay.
I don't understand the strategy on this. Yes, you get a penalty and they potentially gets a bump in speed (but after losing speed) but they also gain rear damage. Perhaps that does not affect the car performance all that much?

I don't understand the strategy on this. Yes, you get a penalty and they potentially gets a bump in speed (but after losing speed) but they also gain rear damage. Perhaps that does not affect the car performance all that much?
I'll admit to having done this before, but it was just out of frustration and spite. At the time I didn't care what it did to me. No strategy involved, just red mist. This is another of those things I don't do anymore (honest!).

Trying Race B again this week as I like Yamagiwa. I'm using the Porsche so far and have a time of 1:36.0XX and would like to dip into the mid 1:35 range. I also put the "Rexy" livery on the car because it puts a big dumb smile on my face whenever I see it.

Why do you think PD neglect a handful of tracks for Daily B & C?
When was the last Daily race at St. Croix or even Tokyo?
I’m getting a little uninspired by the more famous real life circuits on constant rotation!
Don’t get me wrong I love all these tracks, my personal favourites being Interlagos and Brands but St. Croix C is one of my top tracks for hotlapping and I can’t wait for it to be a Daily Race!

Fun time with B race tonight. Started q7 in the first race finished p7 after lots of slick moves avoiding sliding cars and trading places a bit.
Second race started q6 and finished p6 in another tightly battled race with going two wide in the first chicane 😬 not by my choice but was glad we all survived without trading paint.

911 seems to be working well and is capable of nice qual times but in race it holds its own yet I’ve got my eyes on the m6 for a possible replacement. We’ll see. 🤔

My goal tonight was to restore my points lost in Nations this weekend and I did that in two daily races so satisfied with the Monday night race fix 😎

Do y'all think this was intentional? During the race I thought it was on purpose for sure but looking at the replay I guess is possible he got oversteer while entering the track.

Also on another note, Kyoto is a fantastic fit for a short sprint like Race B. Plenty of turns that reward driving on the limit while punishing the slightest mistake with a trip to the wall.

Do y'all think this was intentional? During the race I thought it was on purpose for sure but looking at the replay I guess is possible he got oversteer while entering the track.

Also on another note, Kyoto is a fantastic fit for a short sprint like Race B. Plenty of turns that reward driving on the limit while punishing the slightest mistake with a trip to the wall.

At first without looking in slow mo, I thought it might be unawares to your being on the track but slowing the video down, he regains control just before he shoves you off trying to keep you from passing.
This view looks intentional to me.

Not sure it would look any different if you use the view from the car that was behind you. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Either way not good craft if you’re not willing to pay for your mistakes. I had to avoid a guy coming back on there in two consecutive laps and he jacked my laps so the savages were hunting us down. Luckily survived.

Race B going to be like this I guess is it.

Went in too hot, my bad, left the guy room to get back past and he just sideswipes me off the track into the wall.

View attachment 1290047

That’s on you though, if you’re going to compromise someone’s race with a silly error retaliation will happen whether just or not.

Probably should have just backed right out instead of running alongside, as you’re still getting an advantage there.

I don't think it's possible to tell if that was intentional without seeing his inputs. Once those GT-Rs get squirrely, they can fishtail like crazy. I'd be giving the benefit of the doubt.

Either way it sucks to have your race ruined by something like that.
Race C...

It's an interesting one. After three races this afternoon (early, I know), I have come to a couple of conclusions. Feel free to look back at this post in 6 days and laugh at my foolishness!

1. They have a pretty good BoP for this event, at least between the CLK and the 2016 Nissan. I haven't seen any 2008 models yet so can't comment, but obviously the current world No.1 time is there so it must be something. There seems to be a fairly close battle up for grabs between those two cars, but maybe the Merc has the edge because of its tentativeness in the corners meaning you get a kind of 'moving road block' effect and the GT500 can't take advantage of its superior cornering.

2. The weather is a bit weird. Bug maybe? I started my previous race and the track was engulfed in the light blue (minimum rain) colour. There was darker shades but not in the immediate trajectory of the race. By the middle of the first lap I checked the radar again and poof! no rain anywhere to be seen. Time will tell but seems a bit haphazard at the moment.
I LOVE group 2 at Le Mans. Done 6 races so far, 2 wins and 4 x 2nd place. In my races, the 16 GTR is meta.

The weather moves fast. In my first 2 races I didn't even realize it was dynamic weather as they were clear and dry. In race 3 we started in light rain with the radar full of blue. I panicked because I didn't have any wet weather tyres for my GTR. The rain lasted for less than a lap. It was long enough to drop from Q2 to p9 and lose 15 seconds to the leader who was on IM. I finished second by less than 2 seconds on a fully dry track.

Does the tuning options in dailies make any difference to handling and speed whatsoever?
In my experience after heavily getting into ACC setups the last month or two, I honestly find they do next to nothing in terms of pace.

I think damping adjustments can make an unstable car slightly more stable, and spring rate can make the cars ride the curbing better. So if that is what’s holding back your pace, then yes. Otherwise can you gain time with raw mechanical grip, I think no.

I don't think it's possible to tell if that was intentional without seeing his inputs. Once those GT-Rs get squirrely, they can fishtail like crazy. I'd be giving the benefit of the doubt.

Either way it sucks to have your race ruined by something like that.

I LOVE group 2 at Le Mans. Done 6 races so far, 2 wins and 4 x 2nd place. In my races, the 16 GTR is meta.

The weather moves fast. In my first 2 races I didn't even realize it was dynamic weather as they were clear and dry. In race 3 we started in light rain with the radar full of blue. I panicked because I didn't have any wet weather tyres for my GTR. The rain lasted for less than a lap. It was long enough to drop from Q2 to p9 and lose 15 seconds to the leader who was on IM. I finished second by less than 2 seconds on a fully dry track.
I've had a 3rd and a 2nd from my three races, from P8 starts. The 3rd place was as a result of starting on IMs, and passing all the first lap spinners, the 2nd as a result of a quick dive into the pits for IMs when rain started just as I got to pit entry.

I surprised me how few people were on IM tyres, leaving it until it's really raining heavily ruins your race basically - a lot of people just quit.

The only thing to watch out for is the penalty for overtaking under the yellow flag - coming up behind somebody doing 20mph on dry tyres, when you're doing 180mph on wets, doesn't leave you any option but to pass - passing three gives you 9 seconds of penalties (ask me how I know!) 😆

Why do you think PD neglect a handful of tracks for Daily B & C?
When was the last Daily race at St. Croix or even Tokyo?
I’m getting a little uninspired by the more famous real life circuits on constant rotation!
Don’t get me wrong I love all these tracks, my personal favourites being Interlagos and Brands but St. Croix C is one of my top tracks for hotlapping and I can’t wait for it to be a Daily Race!
I honestly forgot Tokyo existed. Not a good track for racing honestly, but still. I'm still waiting for the full Alsace course on B or C.

Wrong place, wrong time.

Gran Turismo has certainly got my attention back this week!! Daily C...I just love it.
Always been a massive fan of the Le Mans 24 hrs and I've always loved driving the track on any game I've owned.
Was doing some more races last night and took the CLK. CLK drives fantastic I think.
In the 4 races I did I took home 2 P2s, a P5 and then in my last race I got a mixed DR A/B lobby. Started P9 and managed to bring it home in P4. Was running P3 for most but P4 was playing the old slipstream trick and overtook me on the final 3rd on the Mulsanne straight. Finished as the highest DR B driver so happy with that.

Looking forward for more races later this week.

911 seems to be working well and is capable of nice qual times but in race it holds its own yet I’ve got my eyes on the m6 for a possible replacement. We’ll see. 🤔
M6 here. Currently I think I have a 1:35.8xx or something with an optimum of 1:35.2xx as I recall.

Looks as if they got back on track, saw you coming and took you out..because thats how you win sprints these days. The double moves are what illustrate intent here. Also, you had left plenty of room for their initial return to the track.

I guess maybe if they were racing on flat from the bumper their may be room for debate..but if VR, thats 100% intentional.

To me it looks more intentional than accidental, already before the turn he was putting out the elbows for a bloody scratch instead of hitting short.

M6 here. Currently I think I have a 1:35.8xx or something with an optimum of 1:35.2xx as I recall.

Yeah I’ll need to spend more time with the m6 to get used to it. I was at 1:34.8 in the 911 and turned about the same on my second lap in the m6 but settled in low 1:35s
As always, went back for a couple of laps in the 911 and brought it down to 1:34.6 😂 happens often when switching back to familiar car.

Anyone doing Race B often this week? Maybe you could help me as I am absolutely puzzled?!?!?! 😵‍💫

The race itself is fine, had a race on 2nd account, which I forgot to save/ take screenshot of, but I basically started P13 with a 1:35:2 (high B/ S rating) and ended up finishing P8 with 3 overtakes and 2 drivers greeting the barriers head on.

As for main account, I set a 1:34:8 driving the 650 S and I barely made it into the top 2k times?! I am 2 seconds slower than first page rankings and no idea what I am doing wrong.. The laps I am setting feel good i.e. I don't see any particular exits where I am slow or losing momentum.

Is there some curb riding exploit I don't know about? Not interested in joining the glory-hunting band if there is one, but I am curious to know where and why I am losing so much time to them... Is there maybe the miracle dive working 1 out of 100 times on the chicane at the start of sector 3 that shaves off so much from the lap time?

Did one race just now, starting P15 lol but at least managed to finish P12 after being run off the tarmac by the only driver behind me (lol) on lap 1 but managed to recover from the spin and catch up/ overtake the bottom group...

Lap time below, but YT will take 4 years to elevate to 4K quality, even though it's just a 90 second clip.... 😂🚽😂

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 16.42.19 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 16.42.19 (1).jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 10
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 16.42.19.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 16.42.19.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 10
Back